Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rkgriffinrkgriffin Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone been able to get a 2013 RDX below sticker at all?
  • dorsedorse Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    I got a discount but nothing great. I ordered a Basque Red 2013 RDX non tech. Here is the deal:

List = 35220
    Dealer discount = -1309
    Adjusted price = 33911
    Add dealer fee +589
    Trade in = 1500 (2001 Montana, very ratty interior, 140k miles)

So I paid 33000 net plus actual sales tax and actual state title fees.
    Of course, they can work the discount and trade in numbers to make one or the other look better, but I think the Montana was probably worth ~1600. Coupled with the dealer fee which is nothing but profit, I figure I got about $650 off of actual list. They had a $1000 market adjustment on a supplemental sticker on the 2 techs they had in stock.

BTW - according to the dealer, no non-tech 2013 RDXs have been produced. They are expecting my car to be delivered in mid to late May.
  • richardycrichardyc Member Posts: 7
    at the end, I just didn't feel the 2013 is worth $5k more with the cheaper CRV AWD system. the 2013s definitely have smoother and quieter ride, maybe too boring for me. I think Acura is trying to market the 2013 to DINKs, but I think they might have a lot of older folks ended up buying it. The 2012 RDX drives and feels like a sport car. The rider is stiffer, but not that stiff that you feel every bumps on the road.

Anyway, back to the topic, I paid $34600 Plus tax and registration, title and those BS docs fees for a 2012 with SH-AWD and Tech package with roof rack, splash guards, and wheel locks. These 3 accessories have the installed price of around $900 total, so if I didn't work them into the deal, I probably could've gotten one for around $34200. I think I did OK with the current incentive. Gonna Pick it up next Monday after work.
  • balto2balto2 Member Posts: 4
    Sticker $35,780. Was offered $32,000 plus tax and tags today. Only 2012 non-tech left on the lot (I would want Base AWD). Salesman said there is a $1,000 Acura to dealer incentive included in his offer. I was hoping for more off since it's the old model, but both Truecar and Carsdirect indicate above $33,000. What do you think? Did not think the newer model was such an improvement and kind of like how the turbo-4 drove, but not the gas mileage. What do you think of getting this older model and what do you think of the price? Can I do better if a dealer has a few more sitting around?
  • acurahondaacurahonda Member Posts: 12
    Like you I would have hoped a better price since the 2013 is the model change for the RDX. If there is demand for the 2012, then they can hold to the price. I would think the demand is for the 2013, but if only one left, then might be a little stiffer on the price. I would think they might be $1000 below the invoice price. Non-tech should have a lower demand. The AWD base model for 2012 will get about 8-9 mpg less than the 2013, according to the "experts".
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    I wouldn't rely on Trucar or Carsdirect in light of the recent release of the 2013, The reviews appear to be very favorable for the '13 but it IS quite a different vehicle. You'll get hit with the depreciation and probably an insurance surcharge for the Turbo on the '12. Personally I'm waiting till the market chills a bit, the thrill is over and may bite on the '13 (when they will deal)
  • rdxrdx Member Posts: 3
    I am being offered 2012 RDX AWD with Tech package along with 1. Remote starter 2. Wheel lock 3. Cargo tray 4. All season floor mat 5. Door edge film.

I wanted to know if it is a good offer?
    Is what a good offer?
    I am being offered 2012 RDX AWD with Tech package along with 1. Remote starter 2. Wheel lock 3. Cargo tray 4. All season floor mat 5. Door edge film.

Oops ... in my above post forgot to mention the price. All the above for $36000( including documentation and destination charges)

I wanted to know if it is a good offer and should I buy it?
    Did you drive a 2013?

What did the '12 list for?
    I think the list price for 2012 RDX was around $38600. I did not test drive the 2013 as it is out of my budget.
  • radicalmoveradicalmove Member Posts: 6
    Went in to make a final decision on a '13 RDX, and was almost there, till the price
    thing began to go crazy. Trying to deal with Gatorland Acura in Gainesville, Fl. The salesperson (and I'll name names if you PM me) could not give us a price. After more than a half hour he came back with 4 price sheets he got from his manager (PM for his name). He kept referencing that the prices were all inclusive, but refused to delinate what that meant. The beginning price was about $ 3,500 over sticker (base). He then listed some dealer installed options that it supposedly included. And I said that comes to $ 3K? Well he said no, but wouldn't go further. Then I asked about an $ 799 document fee. They admitted that was added profit for the parent company, Gettel Automotive. So I asked the sales manager who began to take interest in the questions I asked to get me a xerox copy of the sticker on the car we drove. He balked and then said he would. But never did. After an almost shouting session, and both the sales man and manager saying they had to make a profit, they admitted to a market adjustment fee as well. But would not give me the amount. When I got home and calculated it, that turned into $ 1,700.
    They would not sell the car without all the dealer installed options, weren't budging on price, and wanted us to trade one of our present cars at less than 1/2 of bluebook. We left.
    So they want the profit embedded in the MSRP, the doc fee profit for the parent company, the
    really overpriced dealer installed options, and an additional $ 1,700 plus their back end.
    Needless to say, I wouldn't buy a car from these folks.
    Also turns out after speaking with an attorney friend in the auto industry that some of what I have on paper from them might be illegal or at least violate FTC Federal Regs, and violates laws in specific states. Possibly not Florida.
    Don't get me wrong. We were impressed by the car and it's sticker price. Just not the games this dealer tried to play.
    Anyone else have any experience trying to deal on a '13 RDX ?
    Thanks
    I wonder how long before they start calling you back. I hope you disinfected yourself when you got home. :):D
  • chicagoan1chicagoan1 Member Posts: 7
    Above configuration has MSRP of $39,420 ($36,965 Invoice) plus $895 Destination charge. Paid $38K plus destination charge + TT&L.
  • radicalmoveradicalmove Member Posts: 6
    Chicagoan1 the MSPR on the car I was dealing with was $ 38,020 for the RDX, Tech Package
    and Front Wheel Drive plus the $ 895 destination. Yours was the base I saw for the AWD version. Was told that AWD cars in the Southeast would be very scarce if at all. Sounds like you got a great deal. I shopped the car around by internet and have 2 competing offers that sound very close to your deal on the FWD model. No one was moving off the dealer installed options, but I got these last 2 to drop the doc and processing fees. (However, one Chicago area dealer quoted a required State of Illinois processing fee in addition to TTL-can't remember the exact figure but I think it was around $ 200) And these two have agreed I don't need to take all the dealer options. I'll post final cost after I conclude the deal.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • quakerwildcatquakerwildcat Member Posts: 39
    Sticker on the base RDX (2WD/No Nav) is $35,215, including destination fee.

I was offered $1,000 off ($34,215) plus $200 processing = $34,415 plus tax & title.

Should I push for more, or is this as good as I should expect right now for the base model? Unfortunately, I need to buy within 3 weeks.
    For what it's worth, I'm finding some (not all) dealers willing to get very aggressive with pricing. You have to contact a few dealers and find one that's motivated.
  • nas1964nas1964 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell dealership name, city and state? Thanks!!
  • mobil930mobil930 Member Posts: 7
    I HAVE A QUESTION! IF I BUY THE BASE MODEL, WHICH COMES ONLY HALOGEN HEADLITES, CAN I PUT XENON HEADLITES 2 REPLACES THE HALOGEN ONES?
    You could buy those aftermarket kits though you may blind on-coming traffic.

In my experience, the housings are different. True HID lights have a sharp cut off and are self leveling which halogen lights are not. I don't know if you could buy all the parts needed nor whether it would be worth it.

Read
    http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    It would probably be cheaper to buy the next model up, than to retrofit xenons...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chanduachandua Member Posts: 2
    I was offered with 37500 + Tax (Sticker price is at 38900 + Tax ) for Acura RDX 2013 (TEXAS) with tech after a long waiting. Huh... Finally i got my new Acura. I am not sure whether it could be the best price at this time(its been only 2 months from release.), but i am OK with the price.
  • tsx2004stsx2004s Member Posts: 1
    Where in Texas and which dealership? Thanks.
  • mrso1mrso1 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    I paid $38,200 + Taxes, Title, Registration (Destination is included) for a 2013 RDX AWD Tech Package came with All Season Floor mats and cargo tray and the wheel locks (Basically The Protection Package II from Acura Website) Got this at Paragon In queens. Anyone interested I can refer you.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    HI mrso,

I too am in the market for a 2013 RDX AWD with tech package. Please give me your contact information at Paragon. Just wondering if you explored Island Acura or Huntington Acura as well. Please advise? If anyone else can share their buying/leasing experience on Long Island, that would be great! Thanks to all!
  • mrso1mrso1 Member Posts: 4
    They might not let it go for that price, but if you stand firm and just be patient and ignore their "claim" that their invoice is specifically the paper they show you, you can get it probably even lower then what I got it at. It took probably a good 3 hours maybe less. And no I haven't went to Long Island. Out of all the Reviews in NYC i think Paragon is probably the best depending on the sales rep. They sale a lot of cars, so I think they can afford to be at around invoice. I went to Valley stream and I had a friends friend who worked their and wouldn't give it to me below 39,100. They claimed it's because every dealer only has 2 instock and won't sale it below that cause it just came out. I guess I proved them wrong. I also looked into Curry Acura because of true car, They emailed me and said they will let it go for 38,460 plus tax and title. but looking at their reviews on google, they are bogus. Let me know your email if you want to know the sales rep information.
    Sorry @nas1964 but after all was done I promised the sales manager I would not post the deal I got on the internet.

My advice is simply this: "Standing firm" as many have advised can get you a good discount on the RDX. Finding two dealers who hate each other to compete for your business can get you a great discount, especially if you tell them you don't care about color (even if you do care). You're looking for one dealer really willing to deal (maybe they have 3 graphite/parchments in stock and its the end of the month), and another dealer with a sales manager who promises to beat any offer from the other guy. Obviously you're in the best position if at least one of them is a high-volume Acura dealer.
    Why bother to post here at all if you're not going to give people the information. Did you not profit from others' experiences?
    I think I explained why, and it shouldn't take much brain power to figure out my point. i.e., there are significantly better deals to be had than the ones being posted here, but the specifics of those deals aren't as likely to be posted here. I did, however, tell you how to go about getting the better deal. Put another way, I didn't profit from others' experiences, but I'm trying to help you profit from mine.
    Sorry my brain is full. Thanks for NOTHING. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • chanduachandua Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    this is from Houston.
    37,500$ + Windows Tint + wheel Locks + 400$ worth of Protection package(Theft.) +
    TTL.

Probably, you can request a Quote 37K based on other user paid prices now.
  • pdlpsherpdlpsher Member Posts: 4
    I assume this is the FWD model? I'm looking for an AWD with the tech package. Is $2000 off of MSRP possible at this time? I'm located in Denver. Thanks.
  • xsasuxsasu Member Posts: 2
    I have a very simple question. Is there anyone have any idea if it is a wise investment for the technology package for 2013 rdx? Or just take the base model? Thanks :confuse:
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited June 2012
    Depends.

How much do you want built in Nav? Or having a power rear hatch? Or a great sound system? HID headlights? Theres a couple of other things thrown in but those are the main ones. It costs about $3500. Keep the car 5 years and you'll get probably $1500 more at trade because of the Tech pkg. So it's cost you about $2000($400 a year/$35 a month/$1 a day) to have those items for the 5 years. You still have to answer the question is it worth it to you personally?

I'm looking and I wouldn't get it without the Tech pkg.
  • xsasuxsasu Member Posts: 2
    thanks, you suggestion is helpful
  • molly090406molly090406 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone know if good deals are in Eastern Ohio or Western Pennsylvania on a 2013 RDX with Tech Package?

Seems the dealers are taking advantage of "supply and demand" and are keeping prices high.
    SOUTH JERSEY IS 2 FAR 4 U? I JUST GOT MY RDX WITH TECH 36,369+ TAX, TITLE+ FEES. 2545 OFF THE MSRP! LET ME KNOW! :)
  • molly090406molly090406 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    Good point, New Jersey is a pretty good haul from Eastern Ohio...not guaranteeing I'll get a great deal.

I think standing firm on an offer to the dealer - and some patience - may pay off.

Thank you for the information, Mobil930.
  • twtaxitwtaxi Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I am just starting the process of finding a good deal on the RDX and want to know if anyone has purchased recently here in California and what was the OTD cost and/or cost without the tech pkg? Are there any better deals out of state or does that get too complicated?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511
    if you are still there, where in NJ? I'm looking around in the SJ/philly area.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

IM IN GALLOWAY,NJ
  • 7230panda7230panda Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to buy this with AWD. Did anyone living in Seattle, WA or around this area buy this car for a good deal? What is the price? Thanks.
    still pretty early, and it seems that the supply/demand equation still tilts a bit toward the dealers. But, from stopping over the weekend, it seems that the stock is starting to build.

I suspect that soon, if not already, they will be looking to deal having units on hand to move. So pricing is going to likely be very fluid at the moment.

I believe there is a $2k (roughly) spread of invoice to MSRP. Even now, I would be looking for $1,500 off. Assuming, of course, you are a "clean" buyer (no trade, take it right now, etc.) Basically a flat offer, right now, take it or leave it. If you have a trade, then it is a whole nother story (as always).

The other key? Play the local guys against each other. As long as they aren't owned by the same company, they are going to be fighting among themselves for sales. So make sure to mention that you are about to go to the other guy if the one you are at is not interested. And request an internet special price if the dealer does that.

The one I was at Saturday was touting how they were the #1 dealer (volume) in the NE, really wanted the business, etc. And I know that fight tooth and nail vs. the big autoplex chain not too far away. So heck yeah I would be pitting them against each other!

I think you're right about the stock situation. Three weeks ago a large Acura dealer I stopped in had about 8 RDX's. A week ago they had two on their lot. Stopped in Saturday and they about 14 in stock although 3 of them had sold signs on their windshields. Still trying to see two colors that haven't been able to find -- the Amber Brownstone and the Forged Silver Metallic. Actually I'm leaning towards white but still want to see those other colors. I think it is still too early to be expecting any kind of huge discounts as they just hit lots about two months ago and are pretty hot still. In a couple of months the deals should be better.
  • am27am27 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 RDX with tech package in forged silver metallic for $37k plus t/l a few weeks ago in Northern California. I went in for the Costco Price but asked for about $1000 lower than that. Good experience buying the car and I really like it so far even though the gas mileage hasn't seemed as advertised.
    I'm actually on a list with a few other people to get a call when the amber brownstone comes in. They have not had any yet.

Yeah, haven't seen any at all. See tons of black, probably 50%, so that must be a hugely popular color in the MDX and they are copying for the RDX runs. Lots of graphite and silver too and a few white and a couple of the red or garnet.
    well, just got a response from local dealer that does a nice internet operation, quoting about $1,100off a base FWD and $1,200 off a base AWD (non-tech).

So prices are getting more competitive!

• saz_1saz_1 Member Posts: 30
    Can you tell me the dealer you went to? Was your RDX AWD?
  • sms10sms10 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get the car (also from N. Cal - SF Bay area)? What was the Costco price?