Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

Comments

• mjwillsmjwills Member Posts: 46
    I was in a similar situation 6 months ago. Was hit by a car in a residentail area driving with her lights off at 1:00 am. She was doing about 40. Hit drivers front, swung around and hit the rear. Broke the drive shaft in half, smashed fender and hood, etc. and also hit the driver door. NO airbag deployment, I guess it was not head on enough, but what about side aibags? There was $12000 damage. I traded it in before it was fixed and my dealer gave me the fixed value on it. It was a 2001 with 32000 miles. I purchased a 2002 and took advantage of the 0% financing. Kinda worked out. New car and I didn't loose that much money. This was in Michigan, so the value of the vehicles may be different. That is always an option though, as you stated above. This will also give the dealer a piece of mind knowing that they are going to fix the vehical with GM parts and you have more room for negociation if you trade into them and buy your new one from them. They are still offering the 0% I believe. Good luck.
  • black_debtblack_debt Member Posts: 7
    I think the newer yukons and denali's have something similar to and airplane's "black box" where a gmc technician can gain useful information about the impact and potentially about why the bags did not deploy. Ask the dealership about this.
  • y2kgtsy2kgts Member Posts: 48
    Almost four weeks have gone by and no resolution. Turns out that my insurance company was still trying to figure out the liability up until this week. The truck still sits at the body shop, untouched. My entry-level Ford Explorer is not very satisfying at this point (although it does shift surprisingly well).

mjwills - I offered something similar and the dealerships don't want my truck, even at a low trade-in value (<$20,000). Too many used cars on the lots thanks to 0% financing (my 2000 YXL was one of them). In addition, my insurance company wants to repair it and forget it. The salvage company offered $20K for it, the damage is $10.5K, and the insurance company *might* pay $5K diminished value. That only leaves me about $12K short of what I paid for it in July and $9K short of what I owe. There is just no way I am going to come out of pocket to that tune when it has been established that the other guy is liable for wrecking my new truck. If it had been my fault, I wouldn't be so upset. I do appreciate your suggestion, and everyone elses. Now if only my insurance company would cooperate...

black_debt - I finally got a *hint* of action from GM today. If you have been following this, the dealerships (now 2) say that the bumper wasn't hit hard enough in itself to trigger the bags. As has been pointed out, the bumper is not necessarily the trigger point, as there are sensors throughout the car, including the passenger compartment. Even the insurance claims people have seen the car and don't understand why the airbags did not go off. When I wrote GM, they sent a canned response that stated, "Frontal air bags for the driver and right front passenger are designed to work only in moderate to severe crashes where the front of your vehicle hits something." I wrote back that hitting a Toyota Land Cruiser at 45 mph head-on probably qualified. They have since written back, got a statement from me, and promise to have an investigator contact me within 48 hours (business days). Despite my insurance company telling me to just start repairs and "move on", I told them I would not do this until such time as I could be assured that this vehicle is not faulty.

Bottom line is that I am still waiting to see what will happen. I am hoping against hope that the insurance company will get together with GM and get this figured out. I just want to get back to where I was before the accident. I would be completely happy with a 2002 DXL with 7,000 miles and no accident history. Doubt it will happen...

Thanks again for the feedback, it is really helping me cope with this ongoing problem!

Chris
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Have you filed a complaint with the NHTSA? It might be something to consider. Not sure on what results you'd get but might be worth a try.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/hotline/

• orwoodyorwoody Member Posts: 269
    There have been a few inquiries about mileage recently...I just took a quick trip from PDX to Montana and back. I filled up 7 times totaled about 2k miles over 4 days. I have new tires on the Denali: Les Schwab Wild Country XTX. They are quite a bit more aggressive than the Michelins and ride a bit stiffer with more rolling resistance. Several tanks were subject to the 10% ethanol mix that larger metro areas are forced to sell Nov 1st. Overall mileage was down a bit from my July Trip, but the weather wasn't as nice. (codes: MP = Mountain Pass; HW = head wind; CW = cross winds; 10% = ethanol mix gas) I noted the Denali computers calculation of my Avg miles per hour. The mpg were calculated using miles divided by actual fuel used.(not the computers calculation)
    tank 1 15.8mpg @ 60.5amph 10%, HW, CW
    tank 2 17.5mpg @ 67.3amph 10%, CW, 2 MPs
    tank 3 16.0mpg @ 56.5amph 1 MP, CW, some city
    tank 4 18.8mpg @ 64.2amph no obstacles
    tank 5 17.1mpg @ 53.8amph 1 MP, some city
    tank 6 17.7mpg @ 71.1amph 2 MPs, rain
    tank 7 17.5mpg @ 65.4amph HW, CW, rain

I was traveling alone with our 2 year old(Thank God for our portable DVD player) who cooperated pretty well.
    Note: Montana did implement speed limits a couple years ago(75/70 on most highways) but I did run it up to 100mph on a couple of stretches and was impressed with the stability of the Denali and how quickly the 6L moves this big rig up to that speed. LS did a great job on balancing the new tires as there was no vibration or shudder.(I don't think the XTX was intended for high speed driving)
  • pharden1pharden1 Member Posts: 4
    I was comparing my 2001 to a 2003 that the local dealer has and was very disappointed in the number of changes that GMC has made. Some of the more surprising deletions are as follows.

1. Denali lettering on inside of door panels
    2. Exhaust tip for tailpipe
    3. Goodyear tires have appeared to replace the Michelin tires
    4. Front footwell lights
    5. Reclining rear seats for bench
    6. Rear seat headrests are smaller
    7. Engine Compartment light
    8. Center console light (my favorite)
  • hrhauserhrhauser Member Posts: 22
    I have a 2003 Denali, for the first two weeks it was fine, now after a alternator replacement, battery replacement, the dealer "not to smart" is now saying On Star has to be re-configured if a battery is disconnected. Well now after 5 dead battery On Star is now saying 'maybe' you have a faulty VIU, vehical interface unit, maybe I have a lemon, as far as On Star it sure isn't worth a ???? if it can't be used, have to use my cell phone to call for a battery jump. I consider On Star a piece of worthless junk.....
    I agree totally with your assesment of the OnStar unit. It killed my battery three times on my '00 Denali. Had the shop reprogram it twice and replaced once. Saw no useful purpose for a device that was battery powered and kills batteries.

I'm hoping, but by the looks of your post that they had corrected any OnStar related problems in my '02.....dang, apparently not.
  • lobsenzalobsenza Member Posts: 619
    The rear bench of the Denail XL never reclined, I am not sure about the regular Denali. The change may have been made in order to have a center middle seat shoulder belt.

There have been a few incidents about Onstar causing the battery to go dead, but not too many. Replacing the VIU unit usually solves the problem.
  • wjs3rdwjs3rd Member Posts: 2
    hey guys, it's been a while, been on the road. wanted to take a minute and thank you for the awesome information comparo (navigator vs. yukon xl vs. yukon xl denali, etc.) and all of your input! fascinating, and informative, to read all of your perspectives, you guys know much more than the dealers I've encountered here in northern PA. The information regarding quadrasteer (y/n) in 2003 was helpful, I was particulary pleased to hear about the upcoming split 3rd seat for the yxl and dxl. that is correct isn't it? gm must have seen what ford did with both the new expedition and the new navigator. yukon's would definitely be cool if the 3rd seat could vanish into the floor.... on the topic of xm radio, if you don't own it, you should definitely check it out. i have it on my other car, it's the best $10/mo i've ever spent!!!!! (though i agree that the current antenna looks horrible-glad to hear they're switching them out!

regarding the interior wood triml, anybody know anything about the quality and price of the aftermarket wood trim kits that are advertised in the back of "road and track", etc.?

y2kgts- i'm thinking about you as i watch this saga regarding your accident unfold. hang tough!

best regards everyone, walt
  • rolandfarolandfa Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if this can be added to the 2003 Denali? If so, will the rear audio controls still work? Is XM radio on it? Any Part Number?

I've seen this mentioned a few times as an option on the Denali but can't find any additional information. The 2003 Pontiac Vibe has this as an option - it looks like it would fit in the Denali. I looked at it and it's identical to the one listed on this board previously.

That would really complete my gadget list :)

Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    GM ranks well in Consumer Reports reliability survey (Miami Herald).

"The survey results, released Thursday night, elevated several GM vehicles to Consumer Reports' list of recommended vehicles - the Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe and the GMC Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL.

The publication, well known for its scrutiny of products, recommends only models that have performed well in testing and have shown average or better reliability."

Steve, Host

• iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Actually.. GM uses the same system setup across their entire line of vehicles that can be equipped with this system. As far as I know, the Oldsmobile Aurora and Pontiac Vibe have the exact same setup in them (component head unit I should say).

I just ordered a 2003 Yukon Denali this past weekend and after working the DVD unit in the Pontiac Vibe, I didn't think that it was worth the price of admission. That's very hard to say, especially coming from a "gadget freak" like myself, but personally, I felt that the system lacked the quality look and feel of some of the rival DVD Navigational systems (i.e. Acura). For instance, the system is not a "touch screen" system. All of you commands are executed using the 6 or 7 buttons along each side of the panel in addition to the awkward joy-stick knob.

I can remember test driving an Acura MDX last year and playing with the navi system to which I was pretty impressed! The buttons felt good and the screen seemed pretty intuitive, whereas I didn't get that same impression with the system setup in the Pontiac Vibe?

Perhaps the "option/feature" component of the system will change according to vehicle (i.e. non Bose equalizer controls versus Bose equalizer controls, etc.) but I would strongly advise that if you are interested in this option, find an Olds or Pontiac dealer that has one readily available for you to play with yourself. That helped me out tremendously, to which I decided to not wait any longer for the unit and place my order.

Just my two cents..

Thanks!

IExplore2000@aol.com
  • jthompson22jthompson22 Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in Purchasing a GM Major Guard extended warranty policy for my 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali at a discount. Looking for any input or suggested dealers.I now have 34,400 miles on SUV.
  • hrhauserhrhauser Member Posts: 22
    After a new alternator,new battery,4 jump starts, I am still arguing with GM on my 2003 Denali that it must be ONSTAR is killing the battery.

Question,because it is a sealed battery, specific gravity of cells can't be checked, does the indicator on the battery preform the same function, green for full charge, yellow for half charge, black for discharged.

Question, what is the normal charge voltage from the alternator,I was told it is 13.8 to 14.1.

Question, what function does the VIU vehical interface unit preform. It seems that GM is telling me they have to have vehical for several days to preform tests, what kind of test are they.

The ONSTAR has been re-configured three times, but after 5 days or so the battery will be dead the next morning even if it had been driven the previous day.

Does anyone have any help.
    GM allows you to purchase an extended warranty until the manufacturers warranty expires, but it gets more expensive as you go. I purchased a Chrysler Corp warranty on my DXL. I did this because the GM warranties were much more expensive, did not offer a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty, did not offer the first day car rental option, and did not have a $50 deductible option (minor). The dealer sold the warranty to me at $100 over dealer cost. The only thing I have collected under this warranty so far is the car rental.

Have you had any trouble with your Denali?
    If you don't mind sharing, what was $100 over dealer cost? And did you have any problems collecting under the warranty? with the GMC dealer?
    I paid:

$1495 for the base warranty (7 yr/100,000, $50 deductible)

$75 for 4 wheel or all wheel drive

$100 dealer profit

$220 for first day rental

In addition, if you are after 12 mo 12,000 miles, add $100

In addition, if you are after 24 mo 24,000 miles, add $200

If you email your fax number to me, I will fax the details to you (LobsenzA@Rose-Grp.com).

Note that these prices are from December 2000 and could have changed. Retail pricing is double dealer cost (i.e. the prices listed).

Check out http://www.capperautocenter.com/. They sell Chrysler warranties at $200 (I think) over their cost. I bought mine from the local dealer. I offered $100 over cost, they accepted and showed me their cost.

• denali856denali856 Member Posts: 118
    I have a 2002 Denali with about 18k miles on it now. Recently it has begun to make an intermittent low-pitched buzzing noise. The noise only occurs when it is warm, in gear and turning around 1500 RPM. It doesn't occur all the time, but seems to occur more often during turns. The sound is a low-pitched buzz--sounds like vibrating sheet metal.

I took it to the local dealer and had the service foreman go out to hear it with me on a test drive. He got out of the car and had me gun the engine with the brake on, and said it seems to be coming from the exhaust system. I am scheduled to take it in to be looked at next Monday.

Anyone had, or heard, of this issue? There doesn't seem to be a TSB on it. I'd appreciate any response.
    Thanks for the info and link. That's a very good price compared to GM's Major Guard. The penalty for a late purchase is very reasonable too. I was surprised that while waiting in the F&I office while the manager typed up the paperwork that I wasn't offered any type of extended warranty, paint sealant, rust proofing, scotchguard, or anything else.

I have the 100/6 Major Guard $0 deductible on my '00 Silverado which right after the factory warranty needs the rack and pinion replaced and the a/c failed. This one was free courtesy of GM in exchange for me not pursuing the Lemon Law. If this is any example, I'm going to need one for my Denali as well.
  • slcamtslcamt Member Posts: 37
    The best way to find the culprit is to hook up an amp meter in series with the battery with the key off. If there is a current draw at this time you can start pulling fuses until the current draw stops. I would start with the On-Star fuse. I wouldn't think that just because you have a new battery it's a good one. My last GM product had a new alternator and battery (after the first one exploded) and the little circle was still green. Yes the charge voltage is around 14 volts. If all else fails go to autozone and get a Duralast battery. They will install it for free if you want. The Delco batteries that come with the GMs are junk. The viu is basically the onstar unit. It tells the onstar operator what is going on with the car, unless of course the battery is dead. Good Luck
  • jthompson22jthompson22 Member Posts: 6
    lobsenza ,
    Thanks for info on Extended Warranty.I had lost your e-mail address.You were most helpful to me in the past ,when I was trying to order a Yukon XL Denali.I will e-mail you direct.
    Jthompson22
    My opinion on the warranty is:
    - good idea if you have 4WD, AWD or turbo/super charger
    - best way to avoid having a problem(yeah so I'm a bit superstitious)
    - A warranty at a discount is even better
    - If you are planning to keep the rig for 75k -100k or more miles get it.
    - One major repair will likely pay for the warranty

On the low end buzz for 1520 - could be a loose hanger bracket or even a broken baffle in the muffler. Have the dealer go through it at your next service.
    I did some questioning of the sales staff at my local GMC dealer and also looked at the updated GMC website...appears GM is getting a bit greedier.
    - Quadrasteer is std on the Denali Pickup but is an option on the Yukon Denali/DXL
    - Dealer was saying it was hard to get a Yukon D/DXL with the Quadrasteer.(maybe a shortage of hardware?)
    - Per the updates on the website several items that used to be standard are now options on the D/DXL even though the MSRP has increased to OVER $50k.

Disappointing, but maybe the 0% financing and rebates are catching up to them. Or maybe they think they can charge Lincoln type pricing for these rigs?
    I don't think quadrasteer is available on the Denali SUVs or, for that matter, any half ton SUV. The reason is simple. Quadrasteer has been designed for leaf spring rear suspension. It is currently only available on leaf spring rear suspension vehicles. I suspect GM will have it available on the coil spring rear suspension by the 2004 model year.
    lobsenza, you may have hit on the technical issue preventing the Denali/XL 1500 from having quadrasteer. The leaf vs. coil makes a huge difference to the rear hardware, clearances and directional torsion forces.
    I think confusion has arisen because GM does advertise it as "Available" on them, but no one can get it. The dealer I was at had 1 Denali Sierra pu with it and 2 HD 2500 Sierras with quadrasteer but all their other rigs were std. The sales folks definitely were not all on the same page.

thanks
    a $4k option on the HD's?
    I believe it lists for around $3800. The auto rags have given it excellent reviews.

Quadrasteer may be listed because it may become available in late 03 on the 1500 series SUVs. My guess is it would be available first on the Denali XL and the long wheelbase Escalade.
  • jammon1jammon1 Member Posts: 28
    Some dealers will sell extended warranties at cost. I bought a GM extended warranty for my Vette through a GM dealer at their cost. I dealt with a dealer in Montana, there may be others that sell at cost as well. Email me if you want more information.
    I found out that you get a refund on your extended warranty from GM when I traded my Grand Prix in on the Denali. I don't recall the exact price I paid, but I got most of it back.(I never used it). I don't know about the independents who offer extended warranties and if you get a refund if you sell/trade the vehicle.
  • vader6vader6 Member Posts: 27
    Went to a GMC dealership today and test drove two 03 Denalis. Disappointed that GM deleted the top compartment in the center console, the engine light (must have saved them at least $2.00), the 15 days driving history, and the Denali embroidering on the front doors (this added class).

They did however added adjustable petals, remote folding mirrors, chevron signal mirrors (Muth), somewhat better gas millage, xm radio, a single CD slot, and digital temperature controls.

The white Denali handled very nice but steering wheel was not centered. Wheel alignment would correct this. Driver door took extra effort to close.

Silver Denali was stiff in handling and from somewhere there came a squeak.

I think I'll just keep my 02 and for $300 have Muth signal mirrors installed.
    Sould tell you the exact engine oil life percentage left on the 03. This is much more useful since I would change the oil with about 35% of the life remaining. I now change the oil on my 01 every 3,000 miles and find the oil life indicater pretty useless. GM should take a lesson from Ford and allow the oil life to be reduced at the start of an oil change so it will trigger more frequent oil chagea for heavier use service.
    Just exactly the sort of thing I suspected. Thank you. I just wanted confirmation that it isn't likely to be a serious condition warranting immediate action....
    I was getting 11.8 MPG on my 02 Denali highway driving at 65 MPH.

After having every sensor replaced, new battery, J5560 Regulator and fuel pressure replaced, and 17113678 Reg Kit installed I am now getting 14.9 MPG at 65 MPH.

I wonder if they used 03 parts as the 03 model highway is listed as 15 MPG.
    vader6:

Are your mileage figures according to the DIC or actual calculations from fill-up and mileage data? I realize there might be some differences, but our '02 Denali averages between 14-16 mpg in mixed driving and gets a consistent 16-18 highway, going by the DIC figures. I know that the mileage reported by the DIC isn't necessarily the most accurate figure, but my sense, based on the fact that we routinely go over 300 miles between fill-ups, is that the truck is consistently getting around 14 mpg or a bit better.

Right now the mileage figure according to the DIC is 14.6 mpg averaged over several thousand miles (can't remember when I reset it, but it was quite some time ago). I am planning an extended trip over Thanksgiving--I'll actually compute the mileage then.

Anyone else have any info on mileage he or she'd like to share?
    Both figures are based on the DIC. Both were using cruise control set at 65 MPH ,before and after the sensor upgrade. My city figures are around 10. This vehicle was not made for city driving. Highway driving is where this vehicle shines.
  • avolvofanavolvofan Member Posts: 358
    For what it is worth, with an '01 Denali (not the XL), I am getting 12 mpg in "city" driving and 17-18 mpg at 65 on the highway. If I go extra-legal on the highway, the mileage drops to 16. My own opinion, but this is rather amazing for a 6.0 liter engine in a 5,500 lb vehicle. The result is similar whether I calculate the miles per tankful or go from the DIC miles to empty display.

My previous SUV was a Land Rover with a 4.0 liter engine and approximately 1,000 lbs less weight, and the best that the L-R could do was 14 mpg on the highway. (And the transfer case was in High.)

Regarding engine oil, I am using Mobil One 5W-30. I imagine that the mileage would drop if I switched to 10W-30; however, I am too happy with the present mileage to bother to test the effect of the change. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it....)
    So would you guys agree, then, that the mileage reported by the DIC is pretty close to the "true" mileage? This seems to be the case to me. I have read posters on other boards complaining about the inaccuracy of their vehicles' system-generated mileage figures, a complaint I haven't seen with the Denali.

I agree that it is pretty amazing to get this sort of mileage out of a vehicle with the size and power of a Denali. My 3.5L 96 Dodge Intrepid only gets about 18 mpg in driving around town and a bit over 20 on the highway.
    I just recently had the throttle body on my Denali XL replaced because of a surging idle. Not only did the replacement solve the surging idle problem, but the highway fuel economy improved dramatically (13.5 to 16.5 or better MPG). I will get a better idea of the highway economy on our next trip.
    I have consistently gotten 16-19mpg highway calculated miles divided by gas used. The worst mileage I got was on the first 2-3 tanks until the rig was broken in some. I noticed on the longer runs the computer was pretty close to actual on the gas used and mileage.
    (Hey and this big rig gives better mileage, performance and handling than my 68' Dodge HP Mopar ever did)
    I recently had the shop do a 30k service; they cleaned the fuel injectors as well as replacing the fuel filter. I did notice a bit more spritely acceleration and smoother running. (I can't say if mileage was affected as the Denali is in the body shop recovering from a hit & run while we were traveling, I'll update if it changes significantly)
  • larry91larry91 Member Posts: 189
    cleaner on a regular basis. I recently read an article espousing( big word ) its regular use. It did caution about buying the "LOW" price product as not being as through a cleaner.

I own a 2001 Denali XL. Aside from the first few months of ownership, i have not had any problems. My Bose radio was replaced three times before i got one that worked, some trim fell off the door panels, and the door panel cracked, requiring replacement. I now have 22500 miles on the vehicle and the battery was replaced, it leaked all over my driveway. Funny tho, it continued to operate properly and showed it was charging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Larry
    The basic issue regarding fuel injector cleaner additives is that there is a tendency for carbon deposits to build up on the intake valves. At some point, the engine will experience stalling on cold starts. Since the Denali will use 87 octane gas (if there has not been any modification made to increase performance), there is a greater chance that carbon deposits will build up sooner because 87 octane gas generally does not have any detergent added to it. The reason for using a fuel injector cleaner additive is really to reduce the buildup of carbon deposits on the intake valves; cleaner injectors are a side benefit.

The solution to the carbon deposit problem generally falls into one of the following categories: 1. Run a tank of high-detergent gas (such as Chevron Premium) every month; 2. Run 87 octane gas and wait until you experience stalling on cold start and then take the vehicle in for a "de-carbonization" treatment, with the associated expense and hassle/inconvenience; 3. Add a container of fuel injector cleaner each time you fill up. I have taken a slightly different approach - each time I fill up, I use the Chevron mid-grade gas. I have been able to run 24,000+ miles this way and not have to do a de-carbonization treatment. My first and only experience with carbon buildup required a de-carbonization treatment at 11,000 miles (and at the time, I was using Shell Premium); so I am knocking on wood to see if I can avoid the de-carbonization treatment expense.
    Do you recall whether right after the accident you had a bruise that was about the width of the seat/shoulder belt that ran from your top left shoulder down to the lower right hip? The bruise is caused by the impact - at higher energy forces (e.g. higher speed of impact), the bruise will be more noticeable. I know from personal experieince. (I was in a head-on collision that caused the airbags to deploy; the Highway Patrol officer that responded to my accident told me to get a doctors examination ASAP. Within 2 hours of the accident, the bruise started to appear.) If you did not have the bruise, then it is very likely that your speed at impact was below the threshold that would set off the airbags (approximately 10 mph).

Regarding getting back to where you were before the accident, that may never happen. (Again, I have personal history in this regard....) It should be reasonable that the other driver (especially since the question of fault seems to be resolved by the ticket that was issued) or the insurance company for the driver should pay for the accident. I do not know where you live, but it sounds like you should start looking into getting an attorney involved. They typically work on contingency in these cases, so there should be no cost to you. The personal injury attorneys typically advertise in the yellow pages. You may need to visit a few to find one who you can work best with to get a resolution of your case. When you meet with the attorneys, be sure to ask for references of clients who they have represented and call the references.

Unfortunately, accidents (especially ones where you are not at fault) are a pain (both literally and figuratively).
    did you have the carbon deposits if you were using Shell Premium? I have been using Shell regular and luckily, have not had a problem, Yet.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    larry
    The gasoline in the U.S. seems to have a high parafin content (according to a service bulletin that I was shown when I had my experience with carbon build-up). I had been using Shell premium from the day that I took delivery of the car and still, after 11,000 miles, had carbon build-up. The service bulletin suggested switching to Chevron premium due to Chevron premium having the highest detergent content of the gasoline sold in the U.S. I made the switch and for the remainder of the time that I owned the car, there were no more problems with carbon build-up (100,000 additional miles). I have stayed with Chevron thereafter in all other cars and trucks.

One aside regarding the detergent content of Chevron: the premium gas is specified by at least Ford and GM for all the gasoline-fueled vehicles that they submit to EPA for annual emission certification. This little item gets posted periodically at the service stations as a form of advertising (along with posters about the Chevron cars, soda specials if you sign up for a Chevron credit card, etc.).
    Thank you for the information..
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Was offered a 60/50k mile for $831.00 supposedly 100 over invoice, the list of UNCOVERED items is endless..... and i cant belive a 40k vehicle does not even get a loaner car,,,,, guess im spoiled by BMW. Anyone have any comments on the warranty ?

thanks,
    DL
    http://www.joebasilchevrolet.com/major_guard.htm

"and i cant belive a 40k vehicle does not even get a loaner car"

I've had loaners both under the manufacturer's warranty and Major Guard so have no clue as to what you're talking about regarding loaners....

Received a brochure on a 03 Denali and there is a photo of the dash complete with a Navigation system above the temperature controls. Has anyone seen this in an 03 Denali?
    I ended up purchasing a Chrysler extended warranty on my 01 Denali. There were several reasons for this:
    1. The GM warranty was much more expensive than the Chrysler for comparable coverage.
    2. The Chrysler warranty had an option of a loaner car for the first day of the repair.
    3. Chrysler offered a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty and GM did not (this is the one I wanted). They also offered a $50 deductible which I felt was the best value deductible.