Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alvaresalvares Member Posts: 75
    Hello hm2013 the dealer where I bought the ACURA RDX FWD TECH was in Florida in Fortlauderale called Rickcase Acura. But listen you still save even if you buy in another state. I was going to buy the RDX in Church Falls Virginia for same price all I had to do is pay the $500.00 transport fee and still save money, but eventually got the price down in my area.
  • rdxownerrdxowner Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my new RDX with AWD and tech package. I live in MA, but found the best pricing in CT. Bought from Acura of Berlin. Paid $37,211 plus $399 doc fee. Dealt with Andre and 'Brittany and they were terrific. Was one of the smoothest car deals I've ever done and will absolutely buy from them again. Well worth driving 2 hrs.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Did you get any dealer add-on accessories? I've had good luck with Executive Acura in North Haven and found Acura of Avon not to be a dealer I want to 'deal' with.
  • rdxownerrdxowner Member Posts: 2
    I did not get any add on accessories. The cost of them to me wasn't worth it. I will probably get those at a later date from Ebay at much better pricing.
  • pcain01pcain01 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at 2013 RDX base AWD in northern NJ. Looking to lease or buy with financing. Anyone have anu details on their lease or purchase deal.
  • shiningsshinings Member Posts: 4
    @manoj28 Can you tell me which dealer offered that price? What did they quote you MSRP and invoice? $32700 seems really low ($1500+ below publichsed invoice price?). I'm looking for a base model AWD as well. Thank you so much!
  • mindset1mindset1 Member Posts: 3
    I agree. The invoice for AWD base is around $33,840 (my dealer quote me). The AWD plus tech will be 4k more. I can't believe any dealer will be willing to loss that amount of money.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    well, in north jersey, your best price options are likely to be ramsey and Denville. They both compete hard on internet pricing, and Denville in particular will do it all via Email. Ramsey though likely has a bigger selection.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2013
    Of course not, Ac. Who doesn't worry about queen ma'am promoting "I'm-very-interested-in-your-speech,-fax-it-for-me-to-read-Charles" aka "don't-need-title,-won't-use-HRH" Camila Shand who MAY one day co-run the Windsor Company in "she-is-not-conniving-her-way-into-the-family-while-I-am-alive" Queen mother's jewelry after "she-loves-me-for-me-and-I-want-to-stay-wait-for-the-throne-for-the-good-of-the-c- - ountry" Charles took the throne?

Car prices are like most other things - whatever the market will bear. Acura is a reliable line of cars, so what's to worry? I probably should worry about the reliability of the bimmer I might have to buy. Oh, you worry about the snottiness of the luxury line Japanese car dealers? Why? Tell them to keep their cars and take the less snooty attitude from the luxury car dealers!
  • gogreen3gogreen3 Member Posts: 1
    @leahray, Can you tell me which dealer you went to in SJ? I think you got a good deal. Pls let me know. Thx.
  • nycdragonnycdragon Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Had terrible experience with Ramsey recently as they changed the internet quote back and forth for $1000 within 2 hours. Instead I got AWD base from Park Avenue Acura for Invoice price last weekend. Be aware, due to low inventory level, color choice will be limited.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    I got mine at Ramsey. Got an internet quote (over the phone), agreed to it, and showed up that night to pick it up and the price was exactly what I was quoted.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• hm2013hm2013 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply and advice.
    Mindset1 and Manoj28, thanks for your replies as well.

Will let you all know how my shopping goes.
  • tklientklien Member Posts: 20
    Almost ready to take deal..38,299 = 190 doc =2309 tax 6% 47.00 plates =40,842 will also add the all season protection pkg.
    38,299 is high considering others have paid 37,000 for the same vehicle.
  • ttdadttdad Member Posts: 7
    Where are you located? That is high for New England or VA areas.
    Ann Arbor Michigan....I think they will go 38,000 I E Mailed 10-15 Acura Dealers and they are not moving much...that ticket price is almost BMW X3 area !!!
    Best of luck. I emailed 10 in CT/NY/NJ and had 2 play ball, the rest either dismissed my offer right off or ignored it all together. I contacted the GMs directly and bypassed "Internet Sales" and "Fleet Mgrs". If you can wait until the end of the month (30th/31st), you might catch a GM that needs to hit a Jan quota and save some $.
    My wife came home and posed a question. (What kind of maintenance pkg do acura offer ) ala BMW VW VOLVO TOYOTA and a number of other. What would it cost for routine maintenance for 2 years for theRDX..is there a barging chip here?
    How are you all doing with the Nav. the RDX.. any problems (like honda) ????? is this system different ...
    Just picked up yesterday. Had to wait a couple of weeks but it was nice to get fresh vehicle with 4 miles on odometer. We'll need some time to get used to nav/phone interface. Initially, I was leaning toward getting a base model to save money, but glad I got the tech as the HID lights are really good, nav, premium sound system, auto lift tailgate are "nice to haves". Not a cheap package but I'd regret it if I went without.

If you haven't already, spend some time on this forum to get more info.
    http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=404
    So how did the number come out?
    Did you get a maintenance package?
    I had responded to MI poster who is still working deal. I got AWD with Tech including roof rails installed for $37K in CT (+$399 dealer/doc fee). I did not get any other service/warranty packages.
  • neethuneethu Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I just bought my new 2013 -RDX- FWD Tech for $36300 + Tax and got all season floor mats, wheel locks & Splash Guards.
    Is that just sales tax...Wondering if AWD is neccesary..I do live in Mi. But I don't live in the boonies..I have a Subaru Forester and the AWD had no problem.Howevr last winter was crazy (snow blowed twice)..Just wonder how low will they go. Sent out a couple of response from dealers that I was looking at 39,000 number no response... any suggestions.. Went to auto show here the 2014 Forester looks good Rax 4 sucks (whats with the padded dash) that 20 years ago.
    tklien if you offered 39,000 for the Acura RDX AWD TECH that's more than enough money. For example I bought the RDX FWD TECH for 35,196 with all season floor mats and wheel locks, if I wanted the AWD it would be about 1,200 more. On top of that add what everyone pays tax, tag and the doc fees or dealer fee. But you may not need the AWD a good set of winter tires does the job in your area if needed but possibly not.
    Sounds like a plan..$ 39,000 or I walk...Will let you know Thanks for the info...
    My mistake , my low quote was 38,299 + doc 190. + Tx 2309 + 47 lic.=40842 I am thinking to counter with 37500.00 is that in the ball park or can I expect to do better, or am I pushing it ?
    The acura RDX AWD TECH has an invoice price of 36,965 some people pay 450.00 under invoice, and others up to 1,500 over invoice, and others full price. But 37,500.00 they should not turn it down. Go to the internet sales manager
    That sounds like a plan... Thanks Alv.
    here welcome, let me know what happens...
  • wantrdxwantrdx Member Posts: 2
    Hey rdxowner,

I am tryign to get the same deal with them when did you bought the car exactly.

Thanks
    Parma
    Which CT dealer?
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Spouse would like an RDX w AWD. Wants the HID lights which will force us to get the tech package which other than the lights we do not want or need but HID are a must.

When the original RDX came out 5+ years ago, some dealers were getting prices above sticker and 3 yr 36k leases were north of $500 / month.

I have flexibility in terms of when I have to get a car. In general, do readers see RDX prices getting more aggressive in the spring (new 2014 MDX is coming then which I think will take some RDX sales) also - I am wondering if the next years model RDX will have HID lights available in the non-tech model.

Any insight is appreciated.
  • wantrdxwantrdx Member Posts: 2
    Acura of Berlin
  • fatofato Member Posts: 3
    The Acura RDX received a complete overhaul for the 2013 model year. For starters, the RDX only comes with a V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine from the 2012 model isn’t available anymore, and reviewers are particularly glad Acura chucked the dated five-speed automatic transmission.
  • shiningsshinings Member Posts: 4
    Picked my RDX yesterday.

2013 Acura RDX FWD base model

invoice $32,154 (including destination charge)

+$80 doc fee, 9% tax, $338 license fee, $8.75 gov fee
    total OTD $35,481

The dealer wanted to charge me extra for the pre-installed splash guards after agreed upon the 32,154 price, but i refused to add a penny. :-)

This is in SoCal. Everything was done over the internet. Sent request for quotes to all the Acura dealers and got about 10 responses, from $32,254 to $33,940. Two dealers were able to match the lowest 32,254 price and one of them was able to beat it by another $100. Walked in last night, spent 1.5 hours doing all the paperwork, walked out happy with my new RDX.

Sales person is very friendly (nicest car sales person i've ever met), quick in responses and delivers promises.

If anyone wants the contact info of the sales person, PM me. (p.s. I have absolutely no affiliation with the dealership, just want to help people to get the best deal here :P)
  • endoellenendoellen Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Got the amber brownstone with parchment interior.
    List price with destination charges: $38915.00
    Paid: $36,500 including destination chg plus tax, title, lic.

Better deal than was first offered. I read many of the posts here & contacted 4 other Acura dealers in about a 100 mile radius. There is no dealer in the city that I live.
    Purchased in Beaumont, TX.

Really like it but gas mileage I'm getting is no where near the ratings on sticker:(((
    I bought the same car 2013 ACURA RDX TECH FWD in amber brownstone w/ parchment interior. I like the amber brownstone beautiful color, and rare. How much was your dealer fee? About the gas mileage is really not bad remember it's got the variable engine displacement on the new 2013 RDX so it saves on gas.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Well done, ellen. I still don't see too many of 'our' vehicles in Austin...you may not see one for quite some time(especially your color).

We have ~5000 miles on ours and have averaged around 22mpg. It was lower for the first 1000 miles or so, closer to 20; but the highway mileage is impressive...high 20s if you can stay below ~75mph(70 is even better). I don't find a difference in mileage between 93 octane and 87; but some folks have reported somewhat higher mileage with the higher octane. Might as well check your tire pressure, just in case the dealer didn't. Can't imagine it was too low at delivery, but you never know.

Enjoy the new ride! (No endos in the RDX, OK ;) )
  • twopuppiestwopuppies Member Posts: 5
    Which are the best dealers in Southern California? I live in Arizona but have purchased my last two Lexus RX's in the Los Angeles area. This time I'm looking forward to going back to an Acura.

Thanks.
    Well I went to the dealer and offered $ 37,500 and asked for the all season pkg. be included in price. So it figured tax 2250.00 doc 190.00 lic 47.00 total otd 39987.00 was what i figured I offered 40.000 o.t.d. they said they would be losing money. They responded with 40,650...I said no and left..
  • tofanitofani Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    Can anyone tell how much they paid for RDX Tech + Tax in NJ. Also please provide dealer name.

Thank You.
    They are going to call you soon and accept your 40k offer otd.
  • builder2builder2 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    $36910 plus high CA tax, lic, doc,. This is Northern CA. I'll let you know when I hit the dealership if they renig.
    I finally bought my RDX FWD with Tech pkg today. alvares, I tried your dealer but he wouldn't give me the price he gave you. He quoted about $36,500. I finally bought it for the same price in Austin, TX + tax, title,license, doc fee etc. We liked the color (amber brownstone). I had competing quotes from Dallas and San Antonio that could have saved me a $100 or so, but I preferred to buy local. Ours also came with side mouldings and wheel locks.

Thank you and others in this forum for helpful info and tips. To do my bit to this forum ... besides sales tax, I paid $385 for license, doc, etc. but in the end when I looked at their detailed paper work, the required fees were only about $185. I couldn't argue since I already agreed to the OTD price, but if you are buying in this market, try to argue against the extra $200 fees.
    Conrgats, great color amber brownstone w/ parchment int. So finally what was was your actual sales price was it under 36,500?
  • pd381pd381 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share with me the dealership and name of sale person where u got ur RDX. Thank a bunch!
    Thank you. As I said, the price was the same. $36,500 but they included body side mouldings and wheel locks ( checked their prices on the internet -- they were worth ~$210). The drive out price came to about $39,200.
  • hithere4hithere4 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    FWD RDX with tech - $39400 OTD (plus all weather mats) in Bay area. Couple of dealers gave me similar price, took the nearest one.

ps - There was one better offer ($39,486 but with all weather mats, cargo tray and door film, wheel lock) but Finance Manger pissed me so much, that I walked out in middle.