Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• uciliteucilite Member Posts: 9
    Is 36,600 including tax, tags, and processing? I was quoted $35,500 out the door (including tax, tags, and processing) for 2013 FWD Tech from a dealer here in Northern Va.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Was that on a 2013 or a 2014? The '14s are out on the lots.
    There are currently no incentives on the 2014 as far as I know.
  • crv_or_rdxcrv_or_rdx Member Posts: 15
    $36600 is OTD price or just the vehicle cost? I was in the same boat a month back. Had decided to buy CR-V and looked around for an RDX AWD no Tech for under 35500. Finally got one for 36200 OTD ($33100 - Vehicle cost including destination). If its 36600 OTD for the Tech model then dont even think. In my opinion its a very good price.
  • tubulustubulus Member Posts: 25
    Vehicle cost including destination for a 2013. Not including tax since that's apples and oranges.
  • alisontalisont Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2013 RDX FWD w/ Tech yesterday for $34159. Final OTD cost after TTL was $37027 with 0.9% APR 36 months financing.

They offered us very aggressive pricing right out of the gate, no haggling required. Our plan was to buy the base model but the price was good enough that we decided to go ahead and upgrade to the Tech package.

Their best offer on the FWD Base model was $30796 (approx $33.6k OTD). In late March when we initially test drove the RDX at the same dealership they weren't willing to go below $33k on the vehicle cost for FWD Base.

We debated at length between CRV and RDX but ultimately I couldn't get past the ugly taillights and lack of push button start on 2013 CRV.

Very happy with our new RDX!! =)

Dealership: John Eagle Acura - Houston, TX (apparently they sold over 400 RDX in April, salesperson said they are the second highest volume Acura dealer in the US behind one in VA/DC area)

Final shipment of 2013 models had just come in recently and they still had a pretty good inventory, so they weren't dealing at all on the 2014 stock, we were interested in the new Kona coffee color but the best they would do is $500 off MSRP.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There are no incentives on 2014's.

2013's are the same as at April month end with $750 lease/finance cash, combineable only with Acura leasing or financing.

Buy one now, identical to a 2014, and score a great deal before the inventory is down to minimal or odd colors.
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Member Posts: 16
    I am looking for best price paid on 2013 RDX AWD w/tech in RTP, NC area.
    Any one has recently made similar purchase?. Please share OTD price, dealer name/location. Any info greatly appreciate it.
  • carpigletcarpiglet Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any information on buying near NW Ohio? Even southern Michigan, NE Indiana, and all of Ohio would be ok. Specifically I'm looking for a 2013 RDX FWD w/ Tech.

Thanks!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    We got a great deal on our '13 RDX AWD w/Tech at Lindsay Acura, Columbus OH. Cindy was a very professional sales lady. Purchase made August 2012.
  • caehrcaehr Member Posts: 4
    What was your great deal? We need a price.
    I got a new 2013 RDX AWD with Tech for $37200 drive out in Houston.
  • rb001rb001 Member Posts: 13
    Can you tell us what was the price before taxes and fees (as compared to the MSRP)? A drive out cost doesn't help us as we are all in different states. Plus 37,200 out the door seems really low for an AWD Tech. Plz clarify.

Thanks
  • carknutcarknut Member Posts: 6
    Received an internet quote this week for 2013 FWD w/Tech for a sales price of $35,900 + additional $198 doc fee. This price includes the $750 rebate. I think I can do better, I will negotiate in person with the dealer but wanted to solicit multiple quotes before visiting dealerships to narrow down the field. When I choose a dealership, I will state the price I want to pay, which right now looks like $35,000 or below would be reasonable for this vehicle. I have a trade which will require additional face-to-face negotiation. Does all this sound like a plan?
    I have quotes as below, but still not sure if I should pull the trigger yet:
    2013 FWD w/Tech: 34,200
    2013 AWD w/Tech: 36,600

I haven't seen any better deals than this yet. Did anyone get it for cheaper than above price? It includes destination charge.
    I have been offered $33,800 over the email for 2013 FWD w/tech. This was from Pohanka in VA
    That's the lowest I've seen so far. Would you be able to see what the same dealer is quoting for a 2013 AWD Tech?
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    It was a great deal in August of 2012. Below invoice. There are better prices now.
    Before was $34 thousand something. Don't remember what number it was. They just gave me the final number with all fees. It is low. That's why I said yes!
    Wow that's a great price for a 2013 AWD Tech. What dealership was it in Houston? Was it John Eagle?
    Sterling, although Gillman has the most in stock. I would haggle with them since they have so many. Gillman did quote $35,600 including destination for FWD w/ Tech. They probably would include tax, title, and other fees for that price.
    Add $1,500 to the FWD price
  • glynnglynn Member Posts: 3
    What is the lowest quote people can get in Los Angeles area for
    2013 RDX FWD Tech PKG???">
    The lowest quote I get so far is $35,400; but someone in this forum got a deal in $34,159. That's a big difference.
  • jz48jz48 Member Posts: 3
    I am in MD/VA area too, is the $33800 including destination and fees (only excluding TTL)? If so it's a great deal. I am ready to pick up on by next week and would like to hear if that's possible in MD/VA area.
    Yes, the $33,800 only excludes TTL. Since this was the price over the email I am hoping to do even better when I go visit the dealership in person this weekend.
    $33,800 only excludes TTL seems great, I'm buying within one week and have quoted a few MD/VA dealerships, is this Pohanka Acura in VA? Please let me know if you can get a better price, could you PM me or email, tried to PM you but couldn't...
    The lowest I can get so far is $35,400 in Los Angeles area.
    But you can get $33,800 in VA area.
    Why there are huge difference?
    But when I request lower, CA dealers are more hard to lower the price.

I'm new to the forum, please give suggestion on how to lower the CA price.
    Sure....will keep you posted...
  • carpigletcarpiglet Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell us how much you paid?
    Finally pulled the plug today. Bought the 2013 FWD w/Tech for $33,000 + TTL from Pohanka Acura in VA
    Wow, that's a super deal. Got it for $33,500 + TTL and not any lower. Also purchased the Acura Care for $1300 for 4 years (or 48000 miles) - seems to be a great deal offered by Acura.
    The 33K prices I'm seeing folks get here is inspiring..I thought I was a pretty good negotiator but the best I can achieve at my local dealership is $35K incl mats, locks and finance incentive. I know the holdback is 2% but is there some sort of marketing support to the dealerships that allows them to sell this model at 2K under edmunds invoice? Is it volume related?

I really want to pull the trigger asap but a 2K difference is holding me back. Any insight?
  • allshouse1allshouse1 Member Posts: 2
    Just received a quote for a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package of $35,990 which includes destination Charges.

Out the door price is $38,943.50 - they did slide in $390 doc fee. I think once I go into the dealership I can hustle some floor mats and extras out of them for the doc fee :-)

Thoughts on this?????

Not sure how they got the price under invoice......must be receiving some kick backs.
    It has to be the volume...I got mine through Pohanka which claims to be the largest Acura dealer in the States so I am guessing their volume allows them some more wiggle room...Plus, my particular vehicle had been in stock for almost two months and I think they really wanted to get rid off it to. Having said that with Memorial weekend just around the corner I'd suggest you to hold off on your purchase till then. You maybe able to bring them a bit more then the current quoted price of $35K. Good luck!
  • buckeyes718buckeyes718 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any quoted prices (excluding TTL) for the 2013 AWD RDX?
    Thanks for the reply.. waiting until Memorial Day is a good idea.
    After all the emails back and forth, we agreed on the price quote of $34,800.
    I asked to confitm if the quote includes destination charge, their answer is "Yes correct 34,800 including destination charge. "
    When I got to the dealer today, after the test drive, the paperwork shows $34,800 plus $895 destination.
    I asked them and showed them the email (black and white).
    The sales manager told me it should be a communication error, and destination must be added.

We drove over 40 miles to the dealership and ended up walk out the door with fully disappointment.
    Calabasas 101 West does not hold promise at all.
    Avoid buying from Calabasas!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    It's good of you to give folks this heads up - dishonest dealers like this one deserve all the bad press they get - I concur with glynn - avoid this dealer!
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    okay so I have been trying to get the Q5 at or near invoice but no luck...

So I visited the Acura dealership and got the following quote on the 2013 RDX AWD Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315

My price: $35,900 + 283.50 fees + Tax =38,582 OTD and 0.9% for 60 months.

What do you guys think?
  • ethanlauethanlau Member Posts: 2
    What is the lowest price I can get for a 2013 RDX base fwd in the bay area ca? Costco and american express can do around 33k before tax, ttl, etc. Thank you
    The lowest price I am able to get the 2013 AWD Tech for in the bay area is $36,300 at Fremont Acura. So just subtract the diff between the base and the AWD Tech. I think you can get it for less than $32,000.

Acuras are hot cars in the bay area and dealers are getting low on the 2013 inventory. I am going to wait till early June to see if they have a new pricing for the month. Either way will buy it then. Hopefully they'll still have the colors I am looking for.

Good luck.
  • mikietmikiet Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I just recently purchased an brand new 2013 with "AWD" and $2,000 worth of options for $32,000. in the New York area where prices are sky high. Personally, with the 2014's already out, you should be able to do a lot better than $33,000.
  • jonas0111jonas0111 Member Posts: 8
    Would you be so kind enough to tell us which dealership you dealt with to get such a great price? I am in the NY area and have not gotten close to that especially with the added options. If you would prefer to use email, my email is my post name @aol.com. THX.
  • allshouse1allshouse1 Member Posts: 2
    I am going to assume you did not receive the Tech package?
  • ethanlauethanlau Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. I went there on Mother's day weekend to check out the car but did not make an offer, now I can try to ask for a lower price.
    Wish I could like a Chevy or a Ford. Local dealer is only Acura dealer in a 100 mile radius they have a handful of 2013's left and are very proud of their cars. Won't budge below 35K..year 1 depreciation on this vehicle is in the $7500 range.. anybody ever feel like it's the principle of the deal vs the extra grand? Grrrrrr... guess I'm going to end up over paying..hopefully the new car smell helps me get over it lol
  • buckeyes718buckeyes718 Member Posts: 2
    What dealership are you working through (assuming in Ohio based on user name?)
    hidy in dayton
  • nodebtallowednodebtallowed Member Posts: 6
    $35,114 from Weir Canyon in the OC. Deal with the fleet mgr.
    Couldn't strike a deal for the Infiniti JX..and didn't really need the 3rd row. My wife loves the shape..

So we went with the 2013 Acura AWD RDX with Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315
    Remote Start: $620
    Total MSRP: $40,935

Negotiated down to $35,900

Got $5035 off MSRP savings of 12.3%

Negotiated OTD Price: $38582 (includes tax, title, doc fee, remote start)
    0.9% for 60 months. zero down
    Monthly Payment: $658 for 60 months