Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scuba01scuba01 Member Posts: 29
    Thank you. Ending up going back and changing the exterior color. Color wanted is no longer available in 2013. Put a deposit on a 2014 for 36,685 plus tax, title.

What dealer did you purchase from. Is OTD including taxes? That would be a great price.
  • crushed00crushed00 Member Posts: 4
    Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg.

Yes. OTD is including Taxes. Email other dealerships and see if they'll match. I got them starting from 36,500 to 32,500 (just the price of the car (2013 RDX FWD w/TECH) over email not including taxes and other fees. Things got really tight, and I started to finalize OTD price over email.

Try Carwoo.com
    http://www.realcartips.com/
  • umassdumassd Member Posts: 9
    2013 RDX AWD Base

MSRP: 36,815

Offer: 32,890 + dealer fees 170 + TTL

Is it a good deal? Not many 2013 base available in midwest.
  • mimi82mimi82 Member Posts: 5
    How did you negotiate down to 32,500? That is an awesome price. I live in Texas and am currently looking into purchasing an RDX. The internet price they quoted was 35,615. I would love to work it down to 32,500. This is the first time I will be purchasing a car on my own so any help on the negotiating process would help. Also, is it possible to get some free accessories as an incentive to buy the car? For example, I wanted to ask them if they would include a free cargo tray and cover.
    The car I am looking at is a 2013 Acura RDX FWD with Tech Package.
  • kmokatikmokati Member Posts: 2
    After reading about these prices, I finally bought my 2013 RDX FWD w/tech, graphite luster w/ebony interiors, last Friday. I am not sure if it is the lowest price but I was fairly comfortable with it.

OTD - 36,500
  • crushed00crushed00 Member Posts: 4
    realcartips.com and I used Truecar.com as a starting point of price. Try Carwoo.
    2013 rdx tech package for 35,300 or 2014 tech package for 37,200. What do y'all think is a better deal?
  • rb001rb001 Member Posts: 13
    I would go for the 2013 and save the $1,500 since the two cars are identical.

I recently got the 2013 Tech for $34,500 with a bunch of accessories. You might wanna try to negotiate a bit more.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    The '14
  • sticksticklystickstickly Member Posts: 7
    Why on earth would you pay $2000 more for literally the exact same car? Do you enjoy throwing away money?
    was your's awd or fwd?

the best i can get for 2013 awd w/tech is 35,990 and for without tech is 32,890.

are these fair offers? I would be flying 500 miles to get the car. Thanks!
    Thanks rb001 for your reply. I'm going to go for the 2013 and see how much lower I can get.
    Just curious... Which accessories did you get with your deal?
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    The answer depends on how long you keep your cars. If you buy new cars every 3-5 years get the '14. The '13 depreciated about $6-7k already based on 50% residual over 3 years.
  • kmokatikmokati Member Posts: 2
    That's a good price, was it OTD or sale price?
    any help is much appreciated....

Is $32,890 a fair price for 2013 awd base?
  • mikietmikiet Member Posts: 9
    We got a brand new 2013 with AWD, remote start, fog lights, season package with back tray, mud flaps & wheel locks, all weather floor mats, and cargo cover for $32,000 and we were not charged dealer prep. We purchased ours beginning of May. Bet by now inventory for new 2013's is low and the deals won't be as good. Our dealer had a lot of them at the time and the 2014's had just been delivered to his lot. We knew it was the perfect time to get a good deal. We spent over a month dealing with others, did our homework, and spent 4 hours with the dealer negotiating in person. I would say you could do better but if inventory is low, they have the advantage or you can just buy a 2014.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    End of May Deal in West. County, NY.

New color Coffee/Parchment (interior)

34,600 - Selling Price

37,385 OTD
  • ctwvctwv Member Posts: 2
    Got a 2014 base AWD RDX for $34,800 OTD in northern VA. After I bought it, another dealer gave me a quote of $34,200 OTD! This was during the Memorial Day holiday.
    What is the name of the dealer. That is a crazy price.
  • dmstoverdmstover Member Posts: 2
    What is the first name of the salesman? If I am unable to find a 2013 what do you think Rosenthal's negotiated price difference is between the 2013 and 2014 RDX Tech?
  • htowngatorhtowngator Member Posts: 2
    local dealer here is offering $37300 for "Special pricing" on 2014 tech fwd and my BIL is one of their risk assessment guys

sounds like I'm not getting a great deal
  • 14rdx14rdx Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    2014 FWD base. The best I could do was $32125 (matched by two dealers). Both add their dealer prep fee of $695 or $795. Nothing else on top except title transfer and taxes.
  • htowngatorhtowngator Member Posts: 2
    Also, what did people pay for Acura Care 7/100?
    Priced a 2014 RDX FWD - Tech $36,535 + Tax and tags

Shop other dealers websites for Aucra Care cost.

$0 Deductible

5 years100k miles $1,055
    6 years70k miles $1,225
    6 years 100k miles $1,445
    6 years 120k miles $1,060
    7 years 70k miles $1,600
    7 years 100k miles $1,855
    7 years 120k miles $1,910
    8 years 100k miles $1,855
    8 years 120k miles $2,115
    These are from Curry Acura in FL.
    You can purhcase out of state.
    Does not matter.
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hey all.

Just wanted to share the deal on my new RDX lease. 2013 AWD w/ Tech., no other accessories. Dealer did a locate on the color we wanted (Brownstone w/ parchment interior).
    3 yr., 15k/yr., $494/mo., -0- due at delivery. Sales tax rate here is 8.375%.
    I calculate this to an approximate price on the RDX of $34,196 after backing out the AHFC fee, sales tax and other fees.

-Beck
  • hazelnuthazelnut Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys -

is $38500 a good price for 2014 RDX AWD w/ Tech in PA? How much lower can I get? Any advice is appreciated.

Thnx.
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Member Posts: 16
    I received an offer of $35,690 + fees for 2014 RDX AWD tech from Pohanka Acura. This offer is good till the end of the month.
    Hey,
    Thank you for the reply! Does that price include destination fee?
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    edited June 2013
    35,690 for a 2014 AWD Tech? lists at 39,620+895 dest fee?
    YES!, no kidding, this is the offer I have received after many back and forth.
    before that, I was offered 2013 FWD tech for $34K OTD from the same dealer but I did not take it because it was not the color I want.

If you are ready to purchase before end of the month, and welling to drive out of state, we can make double deal and I will try to squeeze it even more.
    that's great! I plan to buy before the end of the month, and it is a one-hour extra of driving since I am going to VA to get something else done anyways !!!
    2013/14 RDX owners, are you experiencing any issue with the lack of rear climate control /rear vent?. I live in NC and I need to make sure my children in the back seats are comfortable during hot summer.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    have not had any complaints but have not really had many hot days with AC on with anyone in the back seat. I don't consider it to be that big of a deal, but still odd they didn't put something in (is there not even a vent under the front seat?)

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I am 4.5 hrs drive but do not mind as long as can save $$$

I requested feedback regarding the lack of rear climate control. It is a concern for me. hope no negative feedback.
    so you are buying out-of-state too? is the paperwork a lot of pain? how should I contact you and talk about when to go to the dealer?

i just googled it and did not find any complain. did you test-drive? was it a problem then?
  • grigolgrigol Member Posts: 17
    Yes there are two vents under front sits. Not sure if it convenient.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Those posts are removed...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sean88sean88 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, 4myfamily,
    have you buy your acure RDX? If not yet, let's do it together. Your price is sooo exciting. $34,000 OTD for the tech! Amazing! Where is the dealer and what is the name please?
    Thank you!
    Hi, 4myfamily, Have you make the purchase? If not, I'd like to buy together with you. Could you please share the name and address of the dealer with me?
    Thank you.
    Hi nut,
    I am also interested to buy with you guys. Thank you.
    Sean88,
    the $34K was for RDX 2013 FWD tech. not sure if they still have 2013 or not..you may want to check

Dealer is Pohanka Acura, Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
    Sean88,

I have not purchase the car yet. I just called in now trying to get the price even lower but salesman did not. Here is the final price and fees

2014 RDX AWD Tech
    Price $35,690.00
    Destination $895
    Processing Fee $399
    Tax NC 3.17%
    Tags & Title $150

Pohanka Acura
    Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
    Hazelnut, I have not purchase the car yet. I just called in now trying to get the price even lower but salesman did not. Here is the final price and fees.

2014 RDX AWD Tech
    Price $35,690.00
    Destination $895
    Processing Fee $399
    Tax NC 3.17%
    Tags & Title $150

Pohanka Acura
    Chantilly, VA ->YongKim
    edited June 2013
    Hi 4myfamily,

my post about my email was removed =(
    thank you so much for sharing everything! I emailed them and asked to get the same price!

I think I will just go with it, since it is already $1600 less than what I got before!
    I need to buy tomorrow, since I will be in NYC during the weekend. Maybe you can arrange to meet with sean88 at the dealer at a specific time, since there seems to be no other way of getting in touch with each other. Hopefully, you guys can negotiate a better deal!

Thank you again.
    Hi Sean,

I need to buy the car tomorrow (Friday) since I will be in NYC during the weekend. I think you can arrange to meet up with 4myfamily and you two together can negotiate a double deal in person with the dealer (since I try to post my email to get in touch with 4myfamily but my email address was deleted).

Good luck on getting a better deal!
    Thanks for checking the 2014 model for me. Do you know the price for the FWD basic 2014 RDX and the 2013 basic? The 2014 tech is too expensive and I think its not worth it. Thank you!!!
  • tubulustubulus Member Posts: 25
    Has anyone gotten close to the price above near NYC? (Basically about 37000+taxes).
  • uvaskemeuvaskeme Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the heads up on the $34K OTD Pohanka deal in Chantilly, VA. Unfortunately, they ran out of their entire 2013 RDX stock. However, after some negotiations over the phone with another dealer, was able to get either the 2013 FWD with Tech for $34K OTD or the 2013 AWD with Tech for $35.4K OTD. Both were excellent deals, but ended up choosing the AWD based on the available color selections. $32.9K before fees and taxes for AWD with Tech was hard to pass up.