Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chewy734chewy734 Member Posts: 37
    Don't forget that the Tech package also gives you the integrated Nav. That way you can use voice commands to control your temperature, change stations, get directions, etc. You can't do that on an aftermarket unit. Also, it has a rear backup camera which may be useful to some people.
  • Options
    rainbow11rainbow11 Member Posts: 10
    I have 2008 w tech. Nav is excellent-better than my Garmin, and can be updated. Very good sound system. Back-up camera useful, particularly for wife, who drives by Braille system. Adds to resale value. I got tech for little under $2G in May 2008 in Westchester, NY. You can get better deals now.
  • Options
    Cmaster03Cmaster03 Member Posts: 1
    What rainbow 11 said about the wife and back up camera...not a bad feature, and she loves it.
  • Options
    tiger120tiger120 Member Posts: 7
    I just got one 2008 base in Houston area for $27,500 before TTL. Also got a quote on 09 base for $30,123 and tech $33,000. Looks like a good price for me. Good luck for your shopping.
  • Options
    tommy_gunntommy_gunn Member Posts: 38
    30,100 and 33,000 are great numbers, thanks for posting tiger120

i am going to ask for no more than these figures next time i go negotiate
  • Options
    Anyone know what the financing offers for the rest of the month are? Will they keep the 0.9% for 36 months?
  • Options
    they are going to keep offering the 0.9% up to 36 months and 2.9% after
  • Options
    Sweet... how did you find out? Also, I'm being offered an '09 RDX w/Tech for $33288+TTL. Do you think I should take it right now with the 0.9% financing, or do you think he deals may be better two or so months from now when my current lease ends? Any quick responses would be helpful since I need to decide by Monday. Thanks!
  • Options
    a few things in response, and understand I am not an auto company employee, insider, expert, etc, just using common sense and information I have found or gotten

the price for your 09 with tech is excellent, thanks for posting. what city/state are you in?

I would say the deals will be better in two months, but that is just a common sense comment. The economy/recession/auto market is not going to get better any time soon, hence deals will not get any worse, they may only get better. The fed dropped the interest rates for a while so I don't see any reason why Acura or other dealers would raise rates. Toyota is at 0% rates across the board as are many of the US automakers. Honda/Acura would shoot itself in the foot to raise rates.

Also, why do you need to decide by Monday, if your lease is up in two months? Did the dealer/salesman give you a "deadline" to buy? If so that is hogwash, once he quoted you a price he will have to honor it today or months from now since you know you got it and he knows he told you about it. You have the money and the power in this market, not the dealer or salesguy. If you need to decide for some other reason, then I don't know how to answer unless you provide more info.

But I would not buy right now just because he is putting a time line on you. Like with many major purchases regarding tech or autos: the longer you wait, the cheaper things get, the better technology gets, etc etc
    Only reason to buy now is if you need the car right now. Otherwise why have two depreciating assets in the garage if you don't need to....

2009 RDX's will be on the floors till at least august, so I wouldn't worry about them disappearing or anything.

good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for your insight. We're in Cleveland, OH. The reason I said Monday is because the current promotions end and may not be extended further. Acura already told me they are increasing their CPO financing rates an additional 2% on Tuesday. So I assumed the new car percentages may also increase by a similar amount.

Two months from now who knows what might happen. I agree the economy won't improve greatly, but that doesn't mean that dealers will be offering the same incentives as they are right now. For example, BMW raised their percentages by 2% as well last week, etc. I guess we're just worried that the rates will go up on Tuesday and that could be an extra $2k or more depending on the vehicle.
  • Options
    I would not compare CPO with new sales, on any front

But if you feel the 0.9 and 2.9 new car loan rates will go away, then that is obviously a large $$ figure to consider, if you are financing most or all of the purchase....

I have no idea when those rates will go away, and since your sales guy will want to sell now rather than later, he probably won't know or won't tell you either ... but I would bet they have no idea anyway, those decisions come from home office

other than the interest rate there are no other Acura incentives, so this really hinges on your belief of how long the interest rates will be low. My guess is for some time to come, given the economy, and the fact the fed has lowered the rate so low, and I don't believe that is changing soon either. But my guess really isn't worth more than a grain of salt, so ....

and honestly, BMW is a whole other league of car and customer, I would not relate their moves to anyone else. People buying BMWs last year are still buying them this year, and BMW knows that, and they rarely ever discount or make stated deals. But I would be surprised if they didnt lower rates again soon once they see a negative effect of rasing them ...

let me/us know what you decide, or if you learn of anything else during your process!
  • Options
    dckiwidckiwi Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,

Yesterday I got a quote from a local dealer for a 2009 RDX with Nav. Actually I got a range - he said he could come in between 32k and 33k. This price includes everything except TTL and their 'processing fee'.

What do you think - good deal? Could I push for less?
  • Options
    location?

from what else has been posted that is an unbeatable price for 09/tech

In SoCal I was quoted 34k before TTL, and the guy a couple posts up in CLE was quoted just over 33k. So 32-33 range is the best yet posted. I would ask for 32k and say you are ready to purchase when he confirms.

Processing fee is probably doc fee, but I would clarify that before anything else. There should be no fees other than TTL and the doc fee, which is usually $40-50.
  • Options
    Washington DC area (Northern VA).

No the processing fee is charged to supposedly cover their administrative costs, and is usually $200-$300. He did say he could get near 32k but couldn't hit 32k exactly....
  • Options
    Was this brand new? It just seems like it might be a low-mileage service loaner or something. What dealer/saleman, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    We didn't even have a specific vehicle in mind when the price was discussed, so I don't see how he would have restricted it to a loaner. Yes, definately brand new.

Not to be a pain but I'm going to hold off on naming the dealer until (if) I make the purchase. That way I can confirm to you that the offer is actually good :)
  • Options
    Alright, cool. No problem. Did you by chance ask if the deal was valid only thru today, or are the current specials carried over through the rest of this month?
  • Options
    He did not state that this offer was only good for today. So as long as the cash back incentive for the RDX sticks around ($1500) I don't see why this offer would change.
  • Options
    Hmmm... seems a bit fishy if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you are telling the truth, but I find it a little hard to believe that price your salesperson is quoting for you.

For example, invoice on that SUV is $33989 (not incl. destination charges)... if you take off that incentive and a tiny profit (usually dealers want more than a $11 profit) it would be $32500. Then if you include a destination charge of $760 you are at $33260. Unless of course they are giving away better incentives somehow. :confuse:
  • Options
    Mets2009Mets2009 Member Posts: 3
    Hey! I actually bought a brand new 09 RDX with TECH package for 32700 excluding TTL including running boards, body side moldings and roof rack..i pick mine up today..i did the 2.9 for 60 months financing. There are deals out there if you bargain.
  • Options
    Remember he said between 32 and 33, as close to 32 as possible. So let's say 32500. I was also doing a trade-in, and I know they make money there. Plus isn't their a holdback (up to 3%) that is profit for the dealer? Also I think they are rewarded for volume sales.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's true. If you get that deal let me know ASAP, so I can make a similar one if possible. We called around town and the lowest we can get now is $33,138+TTL.
  • Options
    oh well man, you said it all right there

trade-in

they are probably paying you pennies on the dollar for the trade-in and will make a little on that to offset the slightly lower quote of the RDX

plus you did 2.9% on 32k, so there is another $1700 or so depending on how big your down payment/trade in is

trade-in + 2.9% apr = slightly more advantageous quote on car

still curious to see how close to 32k you get, please let us know

and the doc fee of 200-300 is bogus to the poster that mentioned it ....
  • Options
    Well, we called our salesperson and apparently the new promos through Jan is $1500 cash back OR promotional financing (0.9% for 36 months or 2.9% for up to 60 months). As of yesterday you could get both.
  • Options
    well that would be real nice. I got a call/message from my sales guy this morning actually, I will call him back at lunch to see what he says ....

thanks for reporting the new incentives....
  • Options
    baltikbaltik Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted 31,859 + tax and dmv in sf bay area this morning
  • Options
    baltik, that is for an 09 w/ tech? that is phenomenal if so
  • Options
    yes 09 with tech, I have 3 bids overall right at 32k so i actually think i may be able to get these lower. I think as the March release of the 2010 refresh is causing dealers to blow out inventories. The one caveat for my pricing is that these are all cash deals, no special financing
  • Options
    3 bids at that price is impressive, but I have to bet your all-cash deal is helping the cause somewhat. And also if there is now a $1500 cash back rebate as well

What do you know of the March release/2010 refresh? The 2009 model just released a few months ago, I cannot foresee another release so quickly. Do you have any documentation/web links for this info?

thanks for the details you have provided thus far
  • Options
    Well the all cash and financed deal were the same untill monday, now it seems like the financed rebate has been reduced while the all cash rebate has been increased, so under the current incentive plan the all cash deal does provide more bargaining power. In terms of 2010 RDX - it will not be in showrooms for quite some time but wil be unveiled in 2 months at the NY autoshow with a styling refresh as well as most likely an updated nav that will have improved ipod integration and USB (same as other current acura models) there is also a chance that the engine will be revised addressing fuel economy which is ultimately the achillies heel of this car. Regardless of the outcome the march unveiling should make the 09 RDX a tougher sell without further discounting

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-rdx-2010.html
  • Options
    This is really a shame. Acura is actually giving worse incentives this month! They increased the cashback to $2500 from $1500, but they won't allow us to get their promotional financing. So even though the price looks good, assuming you get your own financing at 6%, over the term of the loan you actually will pay $2000 more over 60 months even with the additional $1000 off this month. Before you could save a ton in interest since you could get the $1500 cashback and 2.9% for 60 months. :mad:
  • Options
    I think it's rather insane that people are using financing in this economy, if people don't have sufficient liquid cash to purchase this vehicle, a used forrester will get the family to the snow just as quick. Since job, investment and savings stability are declining, it's irrational to not assume a worst case scenario. And since we are in a 0 interest rate environment it's not like people are going to put the money in a CD and realize a material return. Yes I realize that this is off topic and may come off as condescending but I had to tget it off my chest.
  • Options
    You do have some good points... but most people don't have enough liquid assets to safely withdraw about $30-35k for a car and not feel it. Even if you have $100k saved up, that's a third of your savings! I think it would be a risky transaction not to finance it, unless you have a ton of money lying around, which most don't.

It just sucks these car dealers are playing a game where the upfront price is lower, but they are more than getting their money back through their really crappy finance rates. In this bad economy for most people, they should be offering close to 0% rates with all the other cash incentives possible.

Now we might be looking at a used BMW since they are offering 0.9% for 60 months AND the first two payments made by BMW (on most '06 CPOs). That's what I did a month ago to get my new 330i, and that's what I'm telling my gf to look at now. The RDX is a great compact SUV, but they aren't really giving us great prices and financing after running the numbers.
  • Options
    Baltik makes a necessary point, but unfortunately it is not relevant for all people. In some cases it does make more sense to finance, if you can get .9 or 2.9 financing, and free up your cash for other needs or emergencies. For many, plunking down 30k cash would eliminate all or much of their emergency fund or savings. The argument there of course is if that is the case, then you cannot afford the car.....

But chewy you need to look in the mirror man. On one hand, you say how 30k is a third of your savings if you have 100k, and make it sound painful. Which it is. Then on the other hand you are crying about the difference between 2.9% and 6% financing, yet you go on to say you just bought a $40k+ bmw 330i, and are also considering either a new RDX or another 330i. You are talking about $80,000+ in new vehicles, yet fussing over $2000 in interest costs. Either you are in way over your head in automobile debt, or you don't know math and money very well, or both. And then you talk about ditching the Acura for a CPO or new BMW? That is an entirely different class / brand / reliability of vehicle.

In any case to get off your personal discussion, I do agree the Acura scenarios do not make much sense. Nissan and Toyota (and all US auto makers) are massively advertising 0% rates across the board, yet Acura was only going down to 0.9 + 2.9 rates, and even now pulled those. Not sure of the logic there. But you must realize that your local dealer benefits less now, because I don't believe they get much or any of the financing profit. That goes to Acura/American Honda Finance Corp. The dealers only get profit from the sale of the car and its margin. If they get anything from the financing, I doubt it is much.

I will call my Acura rep this week to confirm the deals on the table. If the stories are true, I will tell him my purchase is on hold. I can drive my old camry until the deals get better. Running out to get a CPO BMW would be flat stupid.
  • Options
    The Acura website still shows the financing offers as available...

0.90% APR for 24-36 months or 2.90% APR for 37-60 months
  • Options
    chicagoSchicagoS Member Posts: 6
    Just went to an Acura dealer outside Chicago yesterday, and I can confirm they are still offering 0.90% APR financing for 24-36 months or 2.90% for 37-60 months on the RDX if you qualify for their top credit category. Apparently this will run at least until 2/2.

Thanks for the info about the 2010 refresh. Hopefully this may mean there is more room to negotiate selling price, if they think people are going to start holding out for the 2010 model.
  • Options
    WWScoobyDoWWScoobyDo Member Posts: 1
    Will I be able to get a lower out the door price by taking the current financing offers or getting my own financing/paying cash?
  • Options
    dealersgobrokedealersgobroke Member Posts: 1
    Just leased 09 rdx w/ tech for 435+tax/month $1000 down 3year 10kmiles/year. Dealer sold the car for $33,211
  • Options
    nice post thank you. I am leaning towards leasing myself, and $1000 down and $435/tax a month is far better than purchasing ....
  • Options
    you won't find better than 0.9 or 2.9 financing the dealers are offering. And of course paying cash is king, and saves on the interest you pay

I spoke to my sales guy and he said he does not foresee them doing away with the financing offers for quite awhile, based on how slow sales are, and how low competitor's finance rates are. He also confirmed the cash back is still avail.
  • Options
    ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    A dealer told me the Acura factories will be shutting down for a month or two? Anyone else hear that and any idea how it will affect prices?

I've gotten quotes in the mid $31k range plus TT&L for a 2009 RDX w/ Tech Package.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Most automakers shut down for a period of time for retooling and maintenance. It's nothing unusual. Don't let the dealer use that as a selling point (sense of urgency) to get you to buy an 09 now.
  • Options
    ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    Well it wasn't so much a tactic to increase a "sense of urgency", but an explanation as to why this one particular dealer couldn't compete in prices. Said inventories were to thin to take such a loss.

By the way, I ended up getting an 09 RDX Tech package w/ wheel locks, complementary first service and a free detail for $31,400 plus TT&L in the SF Bay Area. What do you think? Good deal?
  • Options
    billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Very nice posting - I was at dealership in New England, and best I could do for $1,000 down on a RDX with tech for 39 months was $480 +tax. Where did you get that deal ?

Thanks !
  • Options
    tn0105tn0105 Member Posts: 5
    Price paid for an RDX Tech in the Northern VA area:

Price: 31,499
    TTL & Fees: 1475.24
    They paid the remaining 2 payments on my Honda Lease: 637.30

Total Cost: 32336.94

My salesperson didn't have the best English skills but he up for it by being very accommodating. He was also able to get us an extra 2 free oil changes. I would definitely recommend him for anyone looking to purchase an Acura in the Northern VA area.
  • Options
    balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the info - so does this mean your purchase price was actually $30,225 (31499-637-637)?

I have been negotiating for awhile now but the dealer is not will to go below $31,500.
  • Options
    I doubt the dealer took the 2 lease payment values (637x2) out of the car price. They can write that off in a number of ways.

The poster is merely relaying "his" total cost by subtracting the lease wipe-off from his total for the new car.

31,500 is an amazing price for a 2009 rdx w/tech that retails for 34,000+ and msrps for 37,000+
  • Options
    tn0105tn0105 Member Posts: 5
    So let me clarify:

My OTD price was 32974.24 then they wrote me a check for 637.30 for the final two lease payments on my Honda. What's so great about the deal is that I was able to keep the Honda and continue driving it until the lease ends.

At this point I have 5K miles left on a 45K lease so I'm just driving the Honda until it hits 44999 while the RDX is parked in the garage.

And one more thing, this the second time I've negotiated a deal over the telephone and internet and I feel this is the best way to go. I just feel more in control of the deal as opposed to negotiating inside of the dealership where I just feel outside of my element.
  • Options
    alex07631alex07631 Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking at the latest Edmunds pricing of $30,479 for a Base RDX, can anyone tell if this includes $2500 mfg to dealer incentive? Or do i have a chance of the price down to $28k area(I'm all in at that price). I'm North Jersey and willing to travel reasonable distance for a deal.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Options
    balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    funny because the dealer said the exact same thing to me - "31,500 is an amazing price for a 2009 rdx w/tech that retails for 34,000+ and msrps for 37,000+" .... are you a dealer?

in any event, I will keep trying to get the price down ...