Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    When I negotiated my deal, I had other dealers who couldn't compete telling me to buy it because it was a great price for an RDX Tech. If other dealers are telling you to buy it from the competition, you know your on the right track.
  • tommy_gunntommy_gunn Member Posts: 38
    dealer? no
    rdx shopper? yes

simple math, the msrp and retail pricing is way over what they are being offered at right now. two months ago I could have barely gotten an RDX w/o tech for 31,500 and now you can get a tech for that.

I cannot imagine if, or how much, it can go lower. Acura has historically rarely offered cash back deals like this, and to think it could go lower is hard to fathom. Even with the economy and car market in the tank, Japanese auto makers don't bargain like the American boys do. They will probably stop production and just try to unload what they have, so the pickings might get slim.
  • balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    thanks for the analysis. i will definitely keep that in mind when i am ready to pull the trigger.
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hi I just got a quote from and internet sales manager in Maryland for an RDX with tech package for 31389 + TTL. They also have a 100 dollar processing fees. They also offerred me for an MDX with Tech package a price of $38879. Are these good prices? Do they still have the 2500 dealer cashback from manufacturer?

Thanks
    PSP
    The RDX price sounds like it has the 2500 cashback in it. Good price, haven't heard lower yet. Get them to throw in your first service!
  • mikekxmikekx Member Posts: 9
    Anyone have recent purchasing experience with the preowned certified 2009 RDX? We are debating waiting till the summer for 2010 models for better financing on a new 2009. Opinions? Thanks.
  • chub2chub2 Member Posts: 1
    looking at 2009 rdx w/ tech pkg.
    how many miles per year did you get for $480 + tax mo?

looking for 39 mth, 15k miles yr. phila area.
    Thanks
  • design79design79 Member Posts: 2
    I'm also looking for an 09 RDX Tech package for around the 31K price. Do you mind letting me know which dealership you went to? If you feel more comfortable e-mailing me privately, please let me know.

Christi
  • billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Hi Christi - It was Inskip Acura RI, Rich was salesman. Also test drive Infinity EX - good 2008 (late year discounts, and may perform better.

Good luck!
  • alex07631alex07631 Member Posts: 9
    If people are getting 31k quote for tech package, is is it safe to assume that base price is in 28.5k area? has anyone had recent experience?

thanks!
  • hxm29hxm29 Member Posts: 4
    My lowest quote is $31,100 for RDX with tech. However, it does not include destination charge of $760. Does your quote around 31K include a destination charge?

Thank you!
  • billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Yes, all fees except taxes & regis
    My quote of also included destination.
  • teledatageekteledatageek Member Posts: 23
    What is considered "invoice" on the RDX Tech?

My local dealer said they would sell for invoice less the $2.5K incentive - which for them came to @$32.5K (includes destination) but not TTL. Sounds like there is another $1K or so they have to work with at least.

Do you think that the Acura incentives will remain for the 2009's? Lastly, given the 2010's are not that far away - is it worth waiting? My dealer of course is suggesting there won't be incentives initially on the 2010's (not sure historically if that's true but makes sense) and that the 2010's won't hit until fall. Now other posts indicate that the 2009's got to some dealers in June, 2008 (seems early but.....)
    Inskip isn't selling for that price anymore apparently....
  • 645e3a645e3a Member Posts: 4
    Is 29K (before tax and license + doc) a good deal for a Base model (no-tech) 2009 RDX? (29K after deduction of $2500 factory to dealer incentive, that is..)

Thanks for any help/hints.
    Just got mine with tech fro $31,700 in Illinois. The dealer was not going any lower.

Without tech my best offer was 28,800.
  • stargazrx8stargazrx8 Member Posts: 2
    Got $28995 ($31995 w/Technology pkg) internet price quote for 2009 Acura RDX from NY dealership ... made offer for $28495 (incl. dest. chg) for the base model and it was eventually accepted. Other area dealerships were asking $1K more. I picked up the base model a week ago (on Feb 20) and am loving it! =)

The Mfg to Dealer $2500 rebate had been extended to 03/02/09 ... don't know if it will be extended again or perhaps even increased (though 2009 stock is dwindling).
  • rihoopsrihoops Member Posts: 91
    Just bought a 2009 RDX base for a good price at First Acura in Seekonk, Mass. Very nice people there and they treat you well. Love the car after just a few hours in the snow.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. From the dealerships I've visited so far, Acura does really seem to be drawing down their inventory of unsold vehicles by putting very few new vehicles in the pipeline. It certainly does seem to be a great time to purchase one if circumstances can't wait for the 2010s.
    I am still in the purchase hunt, and spoke to my sales guy today for first time in a month

said his dealership hasn't received a new RDX in over a month, and expects no more than 1 or 2 a month going forward, if that. Acura stopped pumping them out. He has 5 on his lot right now.

no more APR financing deals, for some reason Acura decided to take them off the table, pretty dumb move to me when all other automakers have 0% for a half decade

$2500 rebate still in effect

If you want an RDX, might want to get serious before they dry up... 2010's probably won't hit floors till end of summer as usual, Aug or Sept
  • chad74chad74 Member Posts: 2
    I'm really surprised u got a deal in NY...I have been trying to buy and as a matter of fact gave an offer of 32.2k for Tech with 2 dealers in NY but didn't hear anything from NY dealers...
    can u provide some details about the dealer so I can get the deal...Thank u..
  • swassdaddyswassdaddy Member Posts: 28
    May I ask what dealership in Illinois you got this price from? I am in Indianapolis and am debating on whether to go with a new RDX Tech or a preowned 2008-09 RDX tech. I see advantages for both. Also throw in the mix I have a 2006 TSX I might be interested in trading in, not sure about that yet.
  • stargazrx8stargazrx8 Member Posts: 2
    DCH Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls, NY (Dutchess County) has the lowest price in the NYC area (75 mile radius) ... internet price is $32K for RDX w/tech pkg but there's some bargaining room. Schaller Acura in Manchester CT is selling same for ~$32.9K (next best price I've found).

The rebate has been extended to end of March. However, as others noted, the 2009 selection is getting pretty slim. BTW, the 2010 will have the TL/MDX style grille (common Acura face across product line) which I am not a big fan of ... yet. It will make its debut this March at the NY International Auto show.
    If you can manage it, I'd keep the TSX for good gas mileage/daily driving. The RDX mileage around town isn't all that great for a small SUV.
    The lowest quote came from Arlington Acura in Palatine. They matched it at Acura of Libertyville.
  • swassdaddyswassdaddy Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for the info on the Illinois dealer, did you go through the email form on the website? I would really lean toward a new RDX Tech if I could get it for $31700. I guess it would not hurt emailing all the Chicagoland dealerships asking for their lowest price on a RDX Tech. I will not mention the trade on the TSX, I agree I might keep it for the mileage. Its a 6spd manual which I can only drive in the family.
  • chad74chad74 Member Posts: 2
    Thank u very much for the details...
    Swassdaddy, sorry I did not reply right away. Yes, I e-mailed to several dealers, and told them I saw the lowest price at Edmunds.com forums $31,500. They did not give me $31,500, but agreed on $31,700 which was OK, I thought
  • romicvaromicva Member Posts: 6
    I've been monitoring this thread for some time now. I'm very seriously considering RDX. Anyone has recent buying experience in Northern VA? What are people paying now days? Thanks.
  • rexmasterrexmaster Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up 09 base RDX at $27975 + destination ($760) + TTL. I'm located in IL and this wasn't the best price, but dealer was close to me. Pretty much most of dealers are offering around $28k or below for in stock RDX. I got my through dealer transfer and they did not charge me anything for that. Another local dealer wanted to more $$ for that. If I was willing to drive 2+ hours round trip, I could have picked one up at $27700 ( not the intial quote, but this dealer was desperate to move the car)
  • mark4490mark4490 Member Posts: 16
    I just paid $31.9k for an RDX w/tech at Sunnyvale Acura.

I visited Pleasanton Acura, but they were playing games. They were getting closer in price ($32+k), but I'd still have to drive ~30 miles (again) to have the "privilege" of paying them more for the same vehicle and then drive another 30 miles to go home. I suppose you'd have to live or work in Pleasanton to understand it--I certainly didn't.

The sales manager at Hopkins Acura wanted $35k. I laughed when he gave me that quote. Redwood City and Hopkins Acura must be even more "special" than Pleasanton. I'm sure people all over the state buy their Acuras at Hopkins so they can score the $3k "Hopkins Acura" license plate holder.

I was dressed in a pair of torn jeans with a t-shirt so I suppose the sales manager could have thought that I was some kid wanting a test drive and wasting his and his sales guy's time. I didn't get the test drive as the sales person I spoke with was out on another test drive. I knew it was a lost cause so I just left.
  • kay30kay30 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    Could you give me some advice on where to get the 2009 New Acura RDX with tech package for around $31000? I don't mind paying up to $31,500. The phoenix area dealers are quoting $33, 500 which I think is over what most are paying. Any advice? Would Las Vegas or Southern California be better? Any other dealers in AZ? Any advice appreciated!
  • adw6adw6 Member Posts: 2
    I started considering the RDX instead of a Lexus RX 350, as I kind of like the more sporty feel. My local dealership has a new 2008 RSX with Technology Package. Any ideas what a fair price would be for an older model, but new car?
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
  • kidsdockidsdoc Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    can you guys help me to buy a base acura in houston
    $29,723.72 Premium Package**
    $32,749.82 Technology Package**
    Price includes destination charges. I am willing to travel to san antonio, austin or dallas if I can get a better price. Do you think this is a fair price or should I look around
  • kyeungkyeung Member Posts: 9
    Hi Mark, thanks for sharing your buying experience on the RDX. I also live in the Bay Area and is very interested in buying a RDX. How do you like your RDX so far? May I ask who at Sunnyvale Accura did you work with? Is $31.9K out the door or this is before tax and fees? Is this a 2009 model? Thanks again for your help.
  • thulasithulasi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

I bought an RDX with Tech Pkg from Frank Leta in St. Louis, MO for $32,661.00. This includes administrative fee ($99.00). I still need to pay the state taxes. I paid $876.00 extra for the roof rack, splash guards, and bumper applique. Dealer installed Bodyside Molding free of charge. The vehicle has to be brought from another dealer in Tennesse. I did't pay any extra charge for that. Another dealer also quoted somewhat similar price. I went with Frank Leta, because of their senior sales consultant Greg. He and other staff were very professional, courteous and pleasant to deal with. This is an important aspect for me. Thank you.
    $31.9k was for a 2009 w/Tech before tax and other fees. There was a $2500 dealer incentive from Honda in March when I bought. I got worn down from the entire process and the taxes and license fee increase gave me an incentive to buy.

They also offered a non-Tech for $27k. I'm not sure if that was for the last 2008 on their lot (sold I believe), but I'm sure it wouldn't be much different for a 2009.

I don't think I can post the salesperson's name in the forums. It's the ONLY internet sales person at Sunnyvale Acura so it's not a secret. You could call up the dealership and ask for the Internet salesperson. I used the service here on Edmunds.com to get quotes from local dealers and he responded.

I like the RDX. I had a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder before and I swore that I'd never get another SUV, but my lifestyle has changed where I needed the extra utility. My first test drive was a real eye-opener. I was coming off a 2004 Honda Accord V6 and didn't like the ride in the RDX. I knew that it was sporty, but I was still expecting the wallowing handling of a SUV. My 2nd test drive was better and I was sold after my 3rd test drive. I think test driving the Audi A4 made me appreciate the handling of the RDX.

The handling of the RDX is phenomenal, but I really don't know how to describe it. You have to experience it to understand. I've been playing around with the SH-AWD and it's pretty amazing, but it's also downright scary since you have to commit to the turn by giving it gas. You don't think you're going to be able to make the turn, but the RDX sticks and carves around the corner. I used it on a couple occasions where I ran into a sharper than expected turn on CA-1. Instead of braking which is my normal response, I turned the wheel and stepped on the gas pedal.

I was worried about long drives with the sports suspension, but I finished a 700+ mile trip and wasn't beat-up like I thought I'd be. The seats are very comfortable and hold you firm. The perforation also keeps your back and rear cooler. The only thing is that the suspension is taught so whatever you have in the rear is going to be jumping around. I'm looking at hitches for my mountain bikes.

The fuel economy seems fair considering the size of the vehicle. I'm getting 20+ mpg going up and down the Santa Cruz mountains, foothills, Northern California mountains, coast, South Bay, and SF.
    You got a SCREAMING deal! Congrats!!

I wanted to get the roof-rack, but my dealer wanted ~$600 for it alone after a discount so I skipped it! They blamed it on the installation labor. I also paid for the side molding. ..Grrrrr..

I know what you're saying about having a professional, courteous salesperson to deal with. When a person is dropping >$30k, the salesperson shouldn't believe that he's doing you a favor by talking to you. It's a VERY different economy out there and the people with the $$$ are firmly in control now.

The Audi dealership folks I dealt with seem like they're getting desperate. They're still emailing me with deals (200+ cars on their lot) even after I told them I bought the RDX.
  • veesriveesri Member Posts: 1
    Got the base (non-tech) RDX from Davis Acura in Langhore, PA

29500 + 1770 (6% PA tax) + 230 tags/fees = $31,500 OTD.

No trade-in. Dealer also arranged finance at 4.9% for 48 months.
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Right now my dealer (Kearney Mesa Acura in San Diego) is offering me a lease on a Technology Package at $515/month 12k miles per year 36 months...

That's with $4k down, including taxes, license, first month's payment, etc.

Based on $33.3k price (including destination fee), plus $595 acquisition fee is capitalized, .00215 money factor and 47% residual. Need to verify, but Acura MAY be throwing $1500 in towards the down as we're turning in a current TSX lease, which would make my actual contribution to down payment $2500.

Any thoughts on this? The sales price seems a bit high compared to folks saying that they're coming in <$32k as sale price...

If my homemade spreadsheet is correct, if the sale price was right at $32k, my monthly would be about $472/month with the same cash.

Also offered a non-tech package at $30.5k, same lease deal at $456/month and 4k down.
    keep haggling, as I am going to the same place. unfortunately the sales guy I had been working with over the last few months was cut recently.....

$33.3 is high, read back through the pages and you will find much less, some even near $31.5

$4k down is also high IMHO
  • aellinsaraellinsar Member Posts: 3
    I'd agree that $33.3k + $595 seems high.

Since I've found this thread ot be useful, I thought I would post our own purchase experience here.

RDX Tech purchased from Acura Columbus on 4/28
    Negotiated price: $34950 - $2500 dealer cash = $32450 +ttl and doc fee
    We were coming off an MDX lease and had another $1500 loyalty coupon from Acura, making our final price $30950 + ttl and doc fee, or $33.3OTD.

We also purchased the roof rack, which was $550 + tax installed.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Try $32,400 and $0 down towards capitalized costs.

That's with $4k down, including taxes, license, first month's payment, etc.
  • sunuptopdownsunuptopdown Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone negotiated a price for pre-paid scheduled maintenance on the 2009 Acura RDX/tech ? I'd appreciate info on prices.
    Thanks
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Firebird,

Are you saying 32,400 after the $2500 cash back (that my dealer is pretending doesn't exist). I assume yes. I've got another $1500 loyalty from Acura lined up, and I am assuming that you're not including that in the price.
    I don't think Acura has that. I thought the Acura Care was the same thing as Audi Care, pre-paid maintenance. Acura doesn't sell pre-paid maintenance and Audi doesn't sell extended warranties.

The lack of extended warranties was one of the big things that turned me away from buying an A4 Avant.
  • sforzsforz Member Posts: 3
    2007 RDX with 24,500 miles and tech package for $25,600 + tax and plates. Certified. Good deal? .
    Doesn't sound that great to me. I bought my 2008 Tech with 17K miles for $26K AND I got a good trade. Granted it wasn't "certified" but still has the balance of the 50K warranty so who cares.