Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• depdep Member Posts: 79
    You should aim to pay invoice + TTL. You can go $500 over or under and still be good but don't, IMO, pay more than that.

If the dealer charges other fees (ad fees, wheels locks, protection package) deduct that from the $500 over as they are nearly total profit for the dealer.
  • doc2caredoc2care Member Posts: 4
    thank you guys! You saved me another $500. Got it for about $500 over the invoice for 31,300.
  • desmonsmdesmonsm Member Posts: 48
    So I took a look at this vehicle today (09 RDX Tech)...MSRP at $38k, invoice $35k. I'm thinking I'll get a decent offer because it's their last 09 and has been on their lot quite a while. WRONG. The quote I get is for $35.5. I mean, this was his first offer, but it wasn't even close to what I had in mind. I've read on here that people were paying $31.5 for tech's in June and July. I'm not sure how true that is, but people have posted it. I think it's a bit low considering it would be $3500 below invoice, but maybe there were incentives then? According to Costco, there's $1500 in cash to dealer incentives on remaining 09 RDX's.
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    You mentioned Costco, have you tried the Costco auto buying program? Check it out here...

http://www.costcoauto.com/

The problem with a vehicle sitting on the lot so long is that they pay more overhead for it and want to recoup this.

You are in charge...get the right price or keep looking.

What is the TMV for an '09 tech?

Also consider that '09 has more than likely had quite a lot of test drive miles put on it. Not proper break-in miles, but short runs that never get the engine fully heat cycled. Not good.
  • zugislandzugisland Member Posts: 21
    havent seen any more comments re prices paid..so though i would try and help..I just paid 33192 for AWD without tech plus ttl ..also got a very good value for my trade almost 2700 more then other dealers were offering..so far love my deal and car..even though some drunk almost totaled me 5 miles from the dealer..when she went over a median and almost hit me..ill chalk it up to the driving dynamics excellant brakes and vehicle control that i avoided her and pure luck that on one hit me from behind ..whew..anyway thought that was a good deal with the trunk liner and splash guards thrown in..The guys at Acura Farmington Michigan were awesome to deal with even though i ran em ragged and changed my mind bewteen a tsx rdx and the new crossover from honda a bunch of times..please do chime in on this deal yea or nay..thanks
    i assume you got he awd base 10 for 31300 plus 800 plus doc fees for around 32500 plus tax right?
  • ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    The low $31k prices included a $2500 incentive back in March '09. I paid $31.4k plus TTL for an '09 Tech Package.
  • doc2caredoc2care Member Posts: 4
    I got 2010 FWD for 31300. Which included the destination fees and splash gaurds and tinted windows (even though I didn't ask for accessories). 29,900 is dealer invoice on here and 810 destination fees, so it was around $500 over. I got the color and interior I wanted. I drove $400 miles back and it gave over 24 miles/gallon and I am sure once I break it in like my last TL it will only get better. I got it from Goodson Acura in Dallas TX and the sales person Wade West gave me an excellent service.
    so Doc we are both in the ballpark as I paid around 2 grand more for the all wheel drive up here in snowy michigan !..BTW actually tried to buy a GM Equinox but eveidntly GM is keeping suppluy low thus creating some buzz and they are flying off of dealers lots ...couldnt find and awd drive one here in michigan can you believe that
  • desmonsmdesmonsm Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for the info. Good to know that the $2500 incentive back then led to those prices. According to Costco, there is $1500 cash to dealer right now for remaining 09 RDX's...Edmunds isn't showing that though.
    I left a message with the salesperson yesterday about that remaining 09. His initial price was $35,5...in my message I told him about the current incentive, the fact that our family has bought 5 vehicles from this dealership and him specifically, and the fact that it's last years model and has additional depreciation. Considering these things, we're looking for around $31,5 which I think is fair. He hasn't returned the call....this car has been on their lot for a minimum of 5 months. There's a reason it's still there and it's because they're asking over invoice for it! They'll never sell it for $35,5 but I didn't have the nerve to tell him that.
    please note that is what I paid for an 010 not and 09...
    2009 and 2010 RDX Special AHFC A.P.R. Financing

1.9% APR for 24 to 36 months or 2.9% APR for 37 to 60 months

For well-qualified buyers.

Full Description and Terms

2010 RDX Featured Special Lease

$399.00 per month for 36 months. $3,599 total due at signing.

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.

Printable Offers Certificate

Current Lease Offers
    2010 RDX Featured Special Lease
    $399.00 per month for 36 months. $3,599 total due at signing.

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 RDX Automatic Transmission (Model TB2H2AJNW) for $399.00 per month for 36 months with a $2,605.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $3,599 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 11/3/2009 through 1/4/2010, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 RDX Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model TB2H2AJNW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $33,330.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $29,845.21. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $14,364.00. Option to purchase at lease end $18,998.10. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.

2010 RDX Tech Featured Special Lease

$439.00 per month for 36 months. $3,799 total due at signing.

Printable Offers Certificate

Current Lease Offers
    2010 RDX Tech Featured Special Lease
    $439.00 per month for 36 months. $3,799 total due at signing.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 RDX Automatic Transmission with Technology Package (Model TB2H5AKNW) for $439.00 per month for 36 months with a $2,765.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $3,799 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 11/3/2009 through 1/4/2010, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 RDX Automatic Transmission with Technology Package vehicles (Model TB2H5AKNW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $36,430.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $32,797.24. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $15,804.00. Option to purchase at lease end $20,036.50. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 10,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • cooky18tcooky18t Member Posts: 3
    hello all,
    some of the recent discussions are for RDX w/ Tech package.
    I'm shopping for an RDX AWD, WITHOUT the tech in the Western PA area.

If you purchased one in the past two months, could you please post the price you paid and the region you're in?

TMV in my zip code is $33,379, but dealer (Baierl) said nobody's paying that price because of the short supply, and insists $33,712 was as low as they could go.
    I'd like to know if they're full of it, and if I can negotiate for a better price.

thanks!
  • nra4ever1nra4ever1 Member Posts: 9
    i went in on saturday to deal on a 2010 tech awd. the best price i could get was $36,500.00 plus tax and doc fee of $99.00. in the end the only way i could get the color i wanted was to have it trucked in from another state and they said they would split the cost with me which added $200.00 more to the final price. if not it would been end of dec or jan before they had my color in. they will let me know monday if the car in the other state is still available and when they can get it to me. i will finance at 2.9 for 60 months. Could I do better on this deal or should I go for it on monday? thanks
    Cookioe just bought one for 33192 including pro package which consists of trunk liner wheel locks and splash guards along with all weather mats.plus tax..thought it was a pretty good deal..you might be able to get a one way ticket to detroit and pick one up cheaper let me know if you like and ill get you the dealer and salesmans name..they were super nice !
    Run, don't walk away from that deal. Is this the first dealer you have talked to?

Do the leg work and find a dealer that will sell for invoice or slightly less.

If you are sensible and strong willed you will prevail. Although your member name makes me wonder if the previous is possible. Ha, j/k, n/r.
    That's not a great deal. You should be able to get something around invoice as drr98 says. If there is a rebate or incentive for $1500, that should make it very doable. Keep haggling and don't make it an emotional purchase. You'll save more $$$.
    And do not forget the 1.9/2.9% rate offer I mention above as well. Get the invoice price negotiated before you let them know that you are going to go with the HFCA low rate.

Good luck.
    DOnt think the Hfc rate matters to the dealer could be wrong but i used the 60 month 2.9 rate ...
    Thanks for the response, but the drive from Detroit to Pittsburgh is just too much for me...
    Anyone bought an RDX in OH, NJ, or NY recently?
    How much did you pay?
  • nra4ever1nra4ever1 Member Posts: 9
    I live in indiana so it would be not big deal to go to detroit to get a better deal. please pass the dealer and saleman info on to me. but i wont settle for less than a 2010 grigio ebony awd tech. as for the screen name it comes from the simpsons. i dont belong to the nra but i am running out of places on my farm to bury my guns and gold lol. j/k n/r thanks for the info. i hope i can get a better deal
    Try the internet yellow pages and look up Acura dealers in whatever cities. Find email or phone numbers for the internet sales or fleet sales managers. Let each one know what you are looking for and willing to pay. Get a firm offer via email before you buy a plane ticket.

Who are these Simpsons?
    hi could you please send me the names of the dealer and sales rep, whom you bought the RDX for $33192 from?
    My email is unclekevin@hotmail.com.

thanks
    to those interested try Suburban Acura of Farmington Mich..salesma Paul S ..tell him Vic sent you ..let me know what happens thanks
  • jurizarjurizar Member Posts: 23
    I am currently looking for an RDX. The best offer I have right now is for $34,389 +TTL. Is this a good deal? Thanks
    If the deal includes destination charge-$810, it is a good price. Invoice is $34,580, and msrp is $37,620.
    Actually, invoice is $35,000 (including destination), so as long as there are no other add ons, your deal is pretty good. Make sure they dont try and squeeze any advertising fees, dealer preparation fees, etc at the time of signing. See if they'll give you a couple of free oil changes to "guarantee you'll come and visit the service department" to make it even sweeter! ;)
  • skn1skn1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am currently looking for " 2010 RDX AWD with Tech", in NY area.
    Let me know if some one is aware of dealers offering for best prices below /around $35k (including destination)?
    Thanks
    skn1
  • acura_rdxacura_rdx Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

I am looking for a "2010 RDX AWD W/O Tech Package" in San Francisco Bay Area. Is it possible to get it at the invoice price + destination & TTL? If not, how much should I add on top of the invoice price?

Thanks!
  • shivaswrathshivaswrath Member Posts: 6
    I live in CT and recently went through the hassle of getting a 2010 RDX and price shopping was WICKED difficult.

WITHOUT tech, my 2010 in Polished Metal Mettalic came to about $33.8k at Devan Acura in Norwalk, CT.

Greenwich Acura quoted me $33.6k. (doc fee $139)
    Executive Acura in North Haven quoted me $33k. (Doc fee $400)

HERE's the catch on ALL dealers in the CT/NY/NJ area: the "document" fee.

I haggled them down to $139 on the doc fee, lowest I found anywhere.

Reason I went with $33.8k was that I got free oil changes on the LIFE of my 2010 RDX, and at $111 (incl tax) every 5k, that's a lot of saved money for me. That, and convenience of location and discounted service since I bought from them (~10%).

With a solid trade in, I'm pretty happy. . .

Only issue is my new RDX has a slight NVH in the seat belt around 2200rpm. . .think it needs a little rubber bushing or something, no biggie, just surprising given Acura's high QA. :cry:
  • jayctjayct Member Posts: 16
    Well I guess it is too late to tell you that you should have widened your search area and you probably would have saved $$$. Free oil is a good thing but if you are deligent you can get better prices even in pricey Fairfield County. I got prices from dealers 100 miles away and used them to negoiate with my local guys. I bought at Executive because they were willing to negoiate the price. My local dealer, Schaller in Manchester would not. So they lost the sale. So for one 30 mile trip to North Haven I saved over $800. I still use Schaller for service though so they get me there. Jay
    They must not need to sell them, or there are enough people willing to pay MSRP.

$111 for an oil and filter change?

DIY cost is around $30. M1 at W/M ~ $22, factory filter ~ $6.
  • shivaswrathshivaswrath Member Posts: 6
    Oh I know I got taken to a certain extent. . .

Executive came down to $33k for the SH-AWD 2010 base. . .I paid $800 more, but I got discounted maitenance (10-15% on all major service), and free oil changes. . .

I used to do the DIY oil change when I was younger and had more time. . .now, with a wife and 120 mile a day commute, it's not worth it to me. . .I would pay the shell gas station to do it for me near my house, $15+oil ($50 for 5.1qt's)+filter ($6). . .$71 vs. $111 at the dealer, massive savings. . .

But I get those free now, and at 4 changes a year, the savings added up in my favor over any other dealers in the greater CT area. . . :)
    Sure it's possible. Depends on your negotiating skills! ;) Try Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame. I'd give you the name of the salesperson I dealt with but it's against the rules. If you want to give me your email I can send you his info.
    Hi, i have got internet quote of $35.6k in NJ and $36k in LI,NY.
    have you seen any other dealer in tristate offering lower than this?
    or good to enough to close the deal?

Thanks
  • ngammyngammy Member Posts: 2
    We negotiated a deal for RDX with AWD and tech package for $35K including destination charge at Acura dealer in Queens, NY. We probably got screwed on trade in though. We are supposed to finalize and pick up car on Sunday.
    Hi ngammy,
    Can you pl send me the dealer & Sales rep details.
    my email id: sknrt1@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • lz2k2000lz2k2000 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Folks
    i live in boston area. Can any share the price/bargaining exp with the dealers on Acura RDX AW without tech package?

thx
  • jayctjayct Member Posts: 16
    First read carbuyingtips.com for how to go about negotiating the best deal. I emailed every dealer within 100 miles to get the best deal. Inskip in RI had the best deals but there were deals in the Boston area as well. good luck, Jay
    Hi ngammy,
    Thanks for providing me the dealer /sales person information.
    Finally i ended up buying the car from them (they matched the best quote i had from a different dealer). Bought a 2010 RDX AWD (w/o tech) for below invoice. Have to pick it up on Saturday.

Thanks,
    SK
  • ngammyngammy Member Posts: 2
    Hi SK,
    Glad to be of help. Hopefully you didn't have a long wait to get your car like we did. 3 hours since we went in the day after the snowstorm and a lot of people didn't show up to work.
  • eyebizeyebiz Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up a White/Taupe 2010 RDX FWD w/ tech package for $33,400 in Cerritos Acura, California. Seemed like an okay deal. Waiting to see what the MPG turns out to be.
  • andydufresneandydufresne Member Posts: 1
    In Howard County MD on New Years Eve, $31.9K. Polished Metal/Black
  • mr_greenjeansmr_greenjeans Member Posts: 2
    Paid $33K even (price included all fees (destination, etc.) except tax and title) on Jan. 2, 2010 in Northern Virginia. Color is "polished metal metallic."
  • baron4baron4 Member Posts: 4
    Which socal Acura dealer? Thanks.
  • eyebizeyebiz Member Posts: 6
    I've had my RDX for a month now and love it. The deal was done in So Cal (Cerritos), White with Taupe / Tech Package. $4400 drive off including all tax and fees and $433/month for 35 more months at 10K miles/year. Mixed driving around Los Angeles gives me around 20 mpg. Ride is not harsh at all as some earlier post have noted. Power is adequate. Torque steering tendency is very noticeable when turbo kicks in. Fit and finish is excellent. Layout is well thought out. Other vehicles I had compared to for consideration included Audi Q5, Subaru Outback, and MB GLK. No regrets.
  • suey1suey1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,
    I bought my RDX SHAWD w/ tech pkg. in Princeton, NJ (Precision Acura dealer) back in 1st week of Dec. 09. I paid 38489 w/ tax, including wheel locks. I move to MA, Boston area after 2weeks. I was trying to figure out the all wheel drive feature and starting to question myself. And when I got a letter from the Acura Financial services, the letter stated my VIN as 2WD. I emailed my salesman today and asked him how come there isn't any SHAWD tag on the back of my car.
    I just found out today that they sold me a 2WD with tech pkg. instead of AWD w/ tech pkg. The manager at the dearlship told me he will find me the exact same color and I won't have to pay anything, including reapplying the registration/license plate, etc. I asked the manager to email me to have some kind of record to state that I won't have to pay anything, plus they will reimburse the gas/toll for traveling back to NJ. The manager said they made a very stupid mistake. All the paperwork when I bought the car said AWD w/ tech pkg.
    I am just worry that after I drive 5 hrs back to NJ to get the real AWD, they might say something else.
    I know you might think how can I not know the dealer gave me a 2WD instead of AWD and this seems like really stupid. I am just really frustated with this whole Acura buying experience.
    Any suggestions? should I get a lawyer before I go back to the dealer?
    Thanks.
    Sue Y.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I'd give them a chance to make it right, before involving anyone else in the process.. They've admitted their mistake... that's 90% of the battle, right there..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• suey1suey1 Member Posts: 2
    sorry stupid typo "Dealer", typing and making dinner at the same time.
  • noscreennamenoscreenname Member Posts: 7
    Two questions:

1) When will the 2011 RDX's being hitting dealership lots?
    2) What is about the best price I'll get on a 2010 RDX SH-AWD (no tech pack)?

Thanks in advance for your help.