Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2007

Comments

• I have this on my car already. Paid $130 bucks for it in Korea. I also have a 7 inch touchscreen that does Navigation, plays DVD, picks up TV, music, etc... Also have a nice spoiler on the back which I must say, changed the cars appearence alot.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 521
    Know this is in the wrong place, but do not how to post to a NEW topic, so if someone wants to move it, please do.

Has anyone noticed a problem with an odor in the trunk? Have an 07 with 14,500 miles on it. Always had an odor which I thought came from the polyporpolene(?) trunk mat and that it would eventually go away. It hasn't. Car stays garaged most of the time and rarely use trunk.
    Drove it 150 miles and parked in the sun for 3 hours, temp. about 74. When came out and opened trunk, the odor was intense. Friend who was with me started coughing from it and refused to put anything in the trunk. It had also gotten into a small canvas type carrier that was in the trunk.
    Tried to air mat out, but did no good. Actually I done this for 3 days when the car was new with no results.
    Anybody else had this problem? Will check with dealer next week, but wondering if anyone knows what the solution is?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I moved it here. All you need to do is locate the topic that most closely fits your question and post it there. The Azera topics can be found here. Hope this helps!
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Posts: 160
    I have an 07 & haven't had any smell. (I also have the mat like yours)

I think a number of issues could have happened. Did you leave anything in your trunk (like a plastic grocery bag or something) that might have melted in there? When you leave things in your trunk where it gets extremely warm in summer, plastic melts & clings to the walls.

Or, something might have been spilled there. I had that happen to me on my old car. I was carrying a box of curry from a caterer for a friend's party. While I was driving, unknown to me, the lid came off & spillled the pungent curry all over my trunk. It got into even the tiniest crevices of the trunk, into the frame, behind the mat etc. When I started cleaning it, I found out that it had caked underneath due to the heat & I just wasn't able to clean it. The smell never got out. I really had to spray a freshener every day to control it.

I advice you to take everything out from your trunk (mats, spare tire, jack etc.) Clean inside & all things in the trunk with a mild soap solution, leave open the trunk for few hours for it to air out. Also, go to the auto store to buy a spray like Renuzit or something that claim to get rid of cigarette smell & use it regularly for few weeks & see what happens. The point here is to carefully clean everything - trunk & everything in it.

Btw, have you seen that Seinfeld episode where Seinfeld had the same issue??
    Lol!
    Been like this since day one, but seems to be getting worse. If I smell the mat, it is the odor. If I leave it out for a few days, odor goes away. At least it did initially. Seems to be getting worse for some reason, but I am 99.9% sure it is the mat. Of course by now could be into other materials in the trunk.
    Interesting. Maybe you could try leaving out the mat for few days & see if the smell persists in the trunk. If so, then probably Hyundai could replace your mat. Even if they don't, the mat is quite cheap. I would suggest getting the cargo tray rather than the mat. It is quite sturdy, has a lip so that if anything spills, you can just hose down the mat.
  • Would anyone know if it is possible to replace the front of the radio? Are you able to get a new bezel, or cover it with wood grain. The front of the radio received 4 scratches including the plexiglas area. It is driving me crazy as I see it each time I get into the car.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    The hassle it would take to replace the front of the radio really isn't worth it. You're better off just replacing the whole unit completely.
    You might want to search on Ebay. Couple of weeks ago I saw one advertized for about $120. I don't think you can change just the bezel. Or, you can use one of those plastic scratch removing products they sell in auto stores.

Or, as allmet says, you might want to upgrade to better head unit & get more features.
    Be careful with the plastic scratch removing products. I'm not sure how soft the plastic is on the viewing window of the radio and you could end up doing more damage than good. Maybe there's a product out there for delicate surfaces, but you would certainly want to take your time. Question is...would it really be worth it to put that much work into it?

Ebay for $120 for a replacement OEM unit or for $50+ (depending on what you pick), you can have a brand new unit with many more features, better sound output and greater expandability and not have to worry about it. I would put my OEM unit up for offer, but there's the remote chance that I would trade the Azera in later on down the road and I would want to be able to put it back in and pull out my aftermarket equipment.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. If you go with a scratch removal product, please post your results and let us know how it went.
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with allmet33 here. You have to be very careful when using those products & frankly, I wouldn't go that route.

Or, you can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to a better one, with Navi, BT etc. (allmet33 is the boss when it comes to these issues!)
  • Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
    HYUNDAI / ACCENT 2006-2007

HYUNDAI / AZERA 2007

HYUNDAI / ELANTRA 2007

HYUNDAI / ENTOURAGE 2006-2007

HYUNDAI / SANTA FE 2007

HYUNDAI / SONATA 2006-2007

HYUNDAI / TUCSON 2005-2007

HYUNDAI / VERACRUZ 2007-2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V122000
    Summary:
    HYUNDAI IS RECALLING 531,894 MY 2006-2007 ACCENT, ENTOURAGE, SONATA, MY 2007 AZERA, ELANTRA AND SANTA FE, MY 2005-2007 TUCSON AND MY 2007-2008 VERACRUZ VEHICLES. THE STOP LAMP SWITCH IN THE AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY MALFUNCTION. A MALFUNCTIONING STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO NOT ILLUMINATE WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED OR MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO REMAIN ILLUMINATED WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS RELEASED. A STOP LAMP SWITCH MALFUNCTION MAY AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE BRAKE-TRANSMISSION SHIFT INTERLOCK FEATURE SO THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTER WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SHIFTED OUT OF PARK POSITION. IT MAY ALSO CAUSE THE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL (ESC) MALFUNCTION LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE, AND IT MAY NOT DEACTIVATE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED.
    Consequence:
    THESE MALFUNCTIONS MY LEAD TO A CRASH.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE STOP LAMP SWITCH FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HYUNDAI CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE CENTER AT 1-800-633-5151.
    Notes:
    HYUNDAI RECALL NO. 092. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
    Called Hyundai toll free number at 2:11 PM EST. After going through several automated selections and getting to "recalls," electronically informed that we are closed. Call back at 4:30 PM. Tried to bypass by asking for representative, but still ended up with above message.
  • This only affects Azera's made between 20 Sept 06 and 30 Nov 06. And does not apply to any Azera's sold in Canada.
  • poleypoley Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2007 Azera Limited with 36K miles. Obtained the certification for the 100K warranty on the drivetrain. Does it make sense to buy the extended bumper to bumper for 100K with the vehicle? There are a lot of bells and whistles on the car.
    Poley...the only time it makes sense to pay for extended warranties is if you plan on putting a lot of mileage on the ar or keeping it for a very long time. Make sure you follow up with Hyundai on that 100k mile powertrain warranty. According to most information, the 2nd owner of a Hyundai vehicle doesn't get the full 10yr/100k miles warranty. Doesn't hurt to make sure.

As far as the bumper-to-bumper...do some homework. I paid for mine and found out that Hyundai is using 3 different ones. The company that honors my warranty is some B.S. for real. See if you can contact Hyundai directly to purchase the extended bumper-to-bumper warranty from them as I have heard the Hyundai backed warranty is better. I've had my '06 Azera for about 3.5 years and I've got just over 72k miles. If I hadn't purchased the extended warranty...then I would have to come out of pocket for everything. Instead, I have to pay a $100 deductible for any covered claims.
    Thanks for the insights. With the 100K drivetrain warranty, we were told that they would certify the car and give us the rest of the original Hyundai warranty. As far as the bumper to bumper, they told us it would be from Hyundai and (I think) the platinum coverage was about $1400. I will make sure it's legitimate by contacting Hyundai. I've had the car 2 days and am impressed with its handling, features and performance.
    In that case, it sounds like a GREAT deal to be honest.

Go over what the the bumper-to-bumper will and won't cover. Mine...it'll cover a wear item like a strut, but it won't cover a non wear item such as a fog light housing that's taking on water. Go figure.

The car truly is a wonderful car when you break it down to terms of what you get for your money. I've been quite happy with mine as it is a very user friendly car for those that like to perform some of their own preventive maintenance. I'm sure you'll find plenty of helpful/useful information in regards to your Azrea on these forums. There's also another forum Hyundai Forums where you can find a lot of great information as well.

Good luck and happy motoring!!! :shades:
    Thanks so much! I will check out the other Forum, and yes, we will plan to keep a good car well over 100K miles so I think the extended warranty, if it checks out, will be a good idea.
    I think it is great that you're getting the Hyundai Certified car so you are good to go till 100k on your powertrain.

As allmet said, get the warranty from a reputed place (preferably, a Hyundai backed) and not from something dealer is pushing or from some companies ypu see advertised on TV. I bought an extended warranty on my 07 & it is from Zurich. Although it isn't from Hyndai, Zurich is a big Insurance MNC & I'm hoping that they wouldn't try to BS me in future. (They're as big as AIG, but well know how it went down with AIG!!! No guarantees in life!!)

Before signing on the dotted line, I would suggest you do thorough research on the warranty company. There have been too many cases where these fly-by-night operators have gone bust.

In the end it made sense for me to buy the insurance as I plan on keeping my car for a long time & I do put relatively more miles on my car. (Not like allmet though, he's a maniac!!). If it is from a good company, price is reasonable and you plan on keeping the car for a while, it might make sense to get warranty.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    I have had a problem with the drivers seat belt being so tight it hurts my neck and shoulder.It releases ok and does not stick but the tension is just too tight. Pasenger side ok. This just started about a year after I got the car. Can the belt get tighter? I have never heard of this.

Anyway Dealer won't replace so I have filed a dispute with Hyundai. They are looking into this. I would be curious to know if anyone has ever head of this happening. I drive rental cars or friends cars and no problem so it is not Me.

There are devices I can use to stop the belt from completly retrackting but I would rather get this fixed. I hope I do not have to file one of those seperate disputes with that other agency.Too bad these things are not adjustable.
    Oskidunker1...it really could be an issue with the tensioner. My seat belt retracts, but it doesn't tighten until I apply the brakes. I would seriously keep pressing the dealer on this issue and force the issue that you believe the seat belt tensioner is defective. Not sure why they wouldn't just go ahead and replace it as it would be covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty. If they won't do it, try going to another dealer and tell them how hard of a time the 1st dealership has given you. Maybe they'll go out of their way to win your business over.
    They said they would call me Tuesday. Very Dissapointing. Looks Like I will have to call them again Monday.The dealer did say they call him to check some things .The guy I talked to said it had to be approved by his supervisor. Maybe the guy took the whole week off for the 4th and nobody else can make a decision.
  • rance2rance2 Posts: 39
    Please advise any fix to being able to hookup Ipod to a 2007 Azera Limited ... including adaptors or replacing the audio system in dash ... or ?? I have the XM system if that means anything. Appreciate whatever guidance you may offer. Thanks.
    Finally they replaced the seat belt and what a difference! I can actuall wear the thing without pain in my shoulder. The tension is about half what it was with the old belt.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    That was a weird one, first time I've read of such a problem with the Azera...
  • I also have an 07 Azera and know that if you arm your alarm and it is accidentally disarmed by remote but none of the doors are opened, then the car will rearm itself shortly (I do not know how long it takes, but it is not long).

I hope that made sense but if you remember to arm the alarm when you get out the first time then no matter how many times you "accidentally" disarm the car it will rearm itself as long as no one opens the doors or truck.

Hope that helps. :shades:
  • ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    This is a safety feature due to the possibility of you accidentally hitting the button while putting the keys on your pocket or similar. If nobody opens any of the doors (or the trunk), the system will re-arm itself in 30 seconds.
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    The trunk, on the other hand, will not relock itself if you accidently press the trunk button on the remote. At least it doesn't automatically open wide and invitingly if it does unlock... ;)

Here's what I did with my remote, to cut down on the accidental presses; I separated the key from the fob, then hang the fob on my belt:

• ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    True, it does not, though - as you noted, the trunk doesn't pop open like most, it simply disengages the latch and stays basically closed. I like it that way, frankly.

An "Easter Egg" most people don't know about: if your Azera (any model year as far as I know) is already unlocked, there is a soft pressure point inside the license plate frame slightly right of center on the top inside lip: just press and the trunk releases with no key or need to open the door. It's a little hard to find if you've never tried it, reach inside the top lip, slightly to the right of center and hunt around for a soft pliable spot - and press. ;)