Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Navigation System Questions

1234568»

Comments

• TrihardTrihard Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2010
    Actually, if you go to the Kenwood site

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/catalog.php?cat_id=S19/

you will see the disks cost $238, not $350.

That being said, no one has really posted a review of 4.0, so not sure if it is worth the upgrade from 3.0.
  • sweetpetesweetpete Member Posts: 15
    Do yourself a favor and buy a Garmin, Nuvi, etc. Trust me - they're all better than the Subie nav, which is clunky and out of date as far as the DVDs go.
  • cc074459cc074459 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in the West.
  • ttentelhttentelh Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2010
    $150 plus 5 for shipping if you are still interested email me ttentelh@aol.com to send you my information to where to mail the check. Thanks
  • n0pa22n0pa22 Member Posts: 2
    Did you see that version 5.0 is out?
  • sti9mmsti9mm Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I have listed one on EBay if anyone is interested in it.

Subaru Tribeca Kenwood Navigation Unit
  • takerr0007takerr0007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to "Trihard", I checked out Kenwood's site and see they now have a 5.0 system (mentioned by n0pa22). I'm interested in the west coast disk and just checked Ebay with no success. Is anyone interested in the east coast disk? Maybe split the cost ($238 + shipping)?
  • poweryogagirlpoweryogagirl Member Posts: 3
    I am interested... but I am concerned that they released v3 in March and now v5 in June... will another version be coming out in a few more months?? This is pretty frustrating. But, yes, I am interested in the East coast DVD. Respond to me at poweryogagirl@yahoo.com. Thanks!! Maria
  • n0pa22n0pa22 Member Posts: 2
    I had some subaru buck lying around so i bought the nav disks to sell on ebay. Take a look here. If you have any questions, please ask through ebay.

East: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-East-Nav-DVD-v5-/180535502688?cmd=ViewItem- &pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2a08c12760

West: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-West-Nav-DVD-v5-/180535504752?cmd=ViewItem- &pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2a08c12f70

Matt
  • canadiangirl1canadiangirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Is it worth it to upgrade form Ver 5.0??? I have an older version but still there are hyways and roads missing and they are more than 10-15 years old.... Is it the same with the new version 5.0????
    no the software is also update together with the POIs, anyone interested for the West version I sell it. Just contact me at ttentelh@aol.com
  • pametzpametz Member Posts: 7
    I have V5. It still has missing roads and poor routing, comparable with V3. Don't waste your money. Subaru has changed all nav systems to Garmin except the Tribeca. Makes me think Tribeca won't be around long.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    edited August 2010
    Subaru has changed all nav systems to Garmin except the Tribeca.

Not quite true. The 2011 Forester and Impreza (except WRX and STI) will offer a removable 4.3" TomTom unit as an option. The WRX, STI, Legacy, Outback and Tribeca use the same units from 2010. There's a pic of the TomTom unit in the link below, showing the Impreza interior.

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Sum10/2011preview.htm

It's also pictured in the 2011 Impreza brochure PDF below.

http://www.subaru.com/content/downloads/pdf/brochures/2011_impreza.pdf

Bob
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    Going off-topic here, but I find it nice to see them add the Ruby Red Pearl color as an option on the Outback.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • takerr0007takerr0007 Member Posts: 2
    I bought the 5.0 version of the navigation for the Tribeca to replace version 3.0. I live in an area that has lots of new roads and they STILL aren't on this version. I'm not sure I see any difference at all. The POI's may be updated, I don't know because I didn't use them before.

If anyone is thinking of updating, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • ertesertes Member Posts: 1
    Anyone from the East region would want to split the Navi upgrade with me in the West?
    sure for $150 plus priority mail for additional $5 if you are interested email me ttentelh@aol.com to tell you where to send me a check.
  • joycemichelejoycemichele Member Posts: 2
    My navi system has gone out. Would installing a newer version solve this problem?
    give us some more information for example what version are you using and when you say has gone out what exactly do you mean, whats on the screen? If you have anyone with newer version try it to see if its that before you buy it. But my feeling is that a hardware issue.
  • joycemichelejoycemichele Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    The version is listed in the title line: v1.1 2005-2006. The right half of the screen is black. The left half has the cautionary message about not using the system while driving, etc, but the letters are all scrunched together so they are barely legible. If I put the car in reverse the camera will work but there's a large vertical black bar in the middle of the screen. There is no access to the information on the screen, for example, the time of day. No access to the buttons on the dash as far as info (number of miles left for the remaining gas in the tank). I don't know anyone else who has a newer version. In fact, I don't know anyone who owns a Tribeca. Love this car!
    edited March 2011
    If anyone interested to get the disk for East version 5. email me ttentelh@aol.com
  • iasubeiasube Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to close a deal on a 2006 Tribeca w/ 78,000 miles with the Nav and DVD player.

Any advice out there on things to ask and look for?

Also, I was wondering, can you turn off the navigation screen or is it always on?
    What are the different screen functions of that screen?

Am I looking to have a host of issues in regards to having these options?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    Is this private party or are you buying from a dealer? If a dealer, is it a Subaru dealer?

The navigation operates from DVDs, which are probably out of date. If you're buying from a Subaru dealer, I would try to negotiate the most recent DVD update into the deal.

Also, I have heard that the early model Tribeca can have issues with bushings in the front suspension (sway bar? I can't remember for sure). So, be sure to drive it a good distance on varied surfaces to listen for odd sounds, etc.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • subaru_fansubaru_fan Member Posts: 3
    Check if the Subaru still has the set of wirelless headphones for DVD and remote . New remote costs ~ $70 at dealership.
    Check/negotiate the updated version of Navigator DVD. Navigator display
    has muliple functions ( radio,map, fuel usage ,etc...) including the possibility to watch movie ( while parking).
    Tribeca 2006 has sometimes bushings in the front suspension (sway bar).
    It was fixed for my car at 30,000 milesbut it seems to me it coming again at 94,000.
    Subaru had a recall for back door holders (while it opened). It only appeares to be a problem during winter time. I never had any problem with a car except these two I mentioned. Try to see if dealer has a good insurance up to 150,000 (?)
    i have the updated navigation disk if you interested. Both sets East and west go for 378 shipping and taxes included, if you are interested for only 1 region i can give it to you for 150 let me know
  • rnadeau78rnadeau78 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Tribeca with the same exact problem, has anyone figured this out?
  • oneman42oneman42 Member Posts: 2
    I do have an original WEST 3.0 version of navigation good for Tribeca, Legacy and Outback. Good to go to a good home. Email is gcoman @ telus dot com.
    Let me know,
    Oneman42
    I have used every nav version including V5. None of them solve the problem of missing addresses and poor routing. Save your money and get a Garmin as I finally had to do.
    I have used every nav version including V5. None of them solve the problems of missing addresses and poor routing. Save your money and get a Garmin as I finally had to do.
    i never had any issues with the nav system. Are you sure you have not exclude major roads, and the other option when you enter an address?
    If anyone is interested for the new Nav 6.0 disk West it is available for sale. Let me know if you are interested email me for more info ttentelh@aol.com
  • cogsbmecogsbme Member Posts: 1
    I would be interested in the V6.0 west disc if it is still available.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • tribeca8tribeca8 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a Subaru Tribeca and have been having trouble with the Navigation system. It tells me that the disc is not a map disc. Once it finally lets me eject it and re-insert it, it begins to work again and it lasts for about 5 days and then gives me the error message again. I am wondering if I need a new disc? If so, and if anyone has an updated version for the West I am interested. If not, and you have any suggestions, I welcome them.
    Thanks
    I assume that you put the disc at the navi that is located under the driver's seat and not at the CD player like many other tried before. In any case i have the west if you are interested email me ttentelh@aol.com $150.00
  • osmirelyosmirely Member Posts: 2
    86283XA04B Navigation Software-(Ver 6.1) for sale. I will keep the East but would like to sell the WEST only. $150 ( shipping included) please email me if you are interested

osmirely@hotmail.com
  • osmirelyosmirely Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    86283XA04B Navigation Software-(Ver 6.1) for sale. I will keep the West but would like to sell the EAST only. $150 ( shipping included) please email me if you are interested

Thanks

osmirely@hotmail.com
  • canlafrecanlafre Member Posts: 3
    Information Center screen goes black. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I purchased the most recent version (9) for navigation, hoping that would fix it has it came with Verizon 2. HELP!