Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TL/TL-S Color Combinations

horseloverhorselover Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Acura
Would love opinions from any/all of you Acura TL officiandos. Looking to purchase TL within 2 months.

Leaning towards black exterior, ebony interior & adding wood trim - wheel, knob, front & rear console.

Worth the expense or should I stick with standard ebony trim? Thanks!

Comments

• portoarportoar Member Posts: 14
    Well . . . black looks nice . . . for about 5 minutes after you wash it . . . for me, I picked the silver with Quartz Interior. I live in Southern California so the heat reflection was a big issue for me. Dark cars just get hotter and it's already hot enough down here.

My favorite interior colors are the parchment, but that will get super dirty within a week, and the camel, which is only offered with the black and red.

Since I wanted white or silver because of the heat issue, that just left the quartz interior.

I do like the faux burl wood trim better than the faux graphite trim though.

Black on black will look sharp, if you can stay on top of keeping it clean. I've always found that lighter colors actually don't show the dirt as much as dark colors.
  • animalsrushanimalsrush Member Posts: 62
    I have black 06 TL with black interior with the standard trim .. It looks very gooda as along as you maintain it. All scratches and dust show up right away . BUT it is worth the effort IMO
  • wilhan01wilhan01 Member Posts: 2
    I agree with the Black! I have a 06 TL Nighthawk Black Pearl with Quartz Leather and standard Aluminum & Carbon Fiber Trim. SHARP looking to say the least! Waited 2 months for dealer to get that combo in. They kept wanting me to go with the Parchament Leather which looks good...for about a week till it gets dirty!
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    I have a 05 Abyss Blue Pearl w/ Camel interior (w/ faux wood).

The color that peaks my interest for 07 is the Carbon Bronze Pearl.

Personally, I think you should stick with the Ebony trim without the faux wood. ;)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,721
    Hello: '05 Abyss Blue TL with gray/faux carbon fiber (but real aluminum!) interior. Like black, when clean the Abyss looks fab, especially with the ~18 coats of Zaino I've applied in the last 18 months! But, I'm not emotionally equipped for a dark color car I've discoverd (well, I knew, but after a series of white/silver cars I wanted something different). During the warmer New England months, I can keep if fairly clean/shiny. But during my beloved winters (beloved if there is snow, that is) my dirty car makes me very sad...

I'm not a big fan of lighter-hued woods in cars (e.g. compare the interior of a Lexus SC430 or Caddy XLR with light vs. dark wood) a la the faux walnut in the TL. A darker-hued wood though, imo, looks great!

So, as far as the exterior, as has been mentioned several time if you go with the black exterior and a non-shiny car will make you sad, be prepared for many washings! And definately investigate Zaino products...!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jdelabrejdelabre Member Posts: 57
    I bought a new 07 TL-S in silver with 2-tone black/grey leather. With carbon fiber. BEAUTIFUL!!! Easy to keep clean and cool in the summer. Jeff from Waukegan, IL. :):):)
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    After reviewing the brochure, I was hooked on the Carbon Bronze Pearl. I had seen it on a new RDX and knew I liked the color in person.

After going and looking at the car and seeing many color combinations, I'm sure that if I chose the TL-S, I'd have to go with the Moroccan Red Pearl.

It doesn't look like much on Acura's website, but it's really something in person.

Moroccan Red Pearl on Black/Silver would be my choice. :D
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I have an 06 Anthracite w/Quartz interior. I don't like black interiors (I'm in Atlanta) in the South, and I thought the camel was boring.

I owned a silver Accord before this car so the silver exterior was out (plus there are WAY too many silver TLs in my area). Blue was a close second but I was a little concerned about blue's resale acceptance. The anthracite just looked right. Dark, but not too dark.

But if they had the carbon bronze last year like they have this year, I definitely would have gone with that. What a great, unique color.
  • jdelabrejdelabre Member Posts: 57
    I saw the red TL-S in the showroom and I must admit while finishing the deal on my silver TL-S I was also really liking it. I haven't seen a lot of silver TL's in northern IL. I see a lot of black and other dark colors. I like the silver with 2 tone black/grey interior. With all the carbon fiber and silver/grey metal interior accents, as well as the wheels, rear tailights, side markers, the whole car matches. Thats what I bought. They make several colors because people want different colors. I would hate to see all TL's in the same color. Happy New Year :shades:
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    By far, the anthracite is the most popular color for TL's in the San Fran bay area. The Dark colors, in general are the most popular. I choose a silver tl. :shades:
  • shouldiwaitshouldiwait Member Posts: 14
    Got the '07 Type S w/ carbon bronze and taupe interior. New color and couldn't be happier. I thought the two best looking colors are carbon silver and carbon bronze but only the latter is available in the Type S.
    Are these new colors or did they just change the name of the old colors? :surprise:
    Carbon Bronze Pearl ib brand new. There's also a new Kinetic Blue for the TL-S
    That's great, have not seen them. I thought the old blue was too dark, couldn't tell it from black unless it was in the sun. Is the new blue just a little lighter?
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    The Moroccan Red Pearl is also a new color... much nicer than the older red they offered.
    I liked the old red and almost bought one with black interior. How is the new red different from the new red?
    nick,

welcome back BTW! Yes, the new KBP is lighter than the ABP and RBP.
    I totally agree with you- the MRP looks really good and better than the old Redondo IMHO of course ;)
    Thanks! I think lighter might look better, but have to see first. I didn't guy the red in 05 is because my last car was maroon, too close to the red. Maybe I would have bought if it were lighter :cry:
  • admeadadmead Member Posts: 3
    After an exhaustive couple months of research, comparisons, and test drives, I've concluded that a TL-S should be in my future. Year-end incentives lured me into a dealer, but the selection of available colors was extremely limited. So it looks like I'll be placing an order for my ideal color combo.

I prefer the Moroccan Red and I think that Taupe would make sense for an interior choice. Trouble is, I have been unable to piece together how the ebony and taupe are arranged on the inside. One poster indicated carpets were black. Another stated headliner was taupe. I can see the ebony inlay on the dash. It might look really sharp or it might look "busy." I like the black, but a lighter interior adds that sense of spaciousness and doesn't inflict so much pain during hot summer days. Does anyone have a good picture (or pictures) of a TL-S w/ Taupe interior?

TIA,

Andrew
  • bschulte11bschulte11 Member Posts: 4
    Try this link....there really isn't much out there to look at the Taupe interior (which is probably why you posted :) ).

The bottom 2 pics on the right are the taupe (it's a Type S pic by the emblem on the bottom spoke on the stearing wheel). Look slike dark grey carpet and headliner.

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?section=photosAndColors&crpPage=photosAn- dColors.jsp&makeid=1&modelid=7&year=2008&myid=&acode=&mode=&aff=national

I'm having my Black w/taupe Type S shipped in. Was supposed to be here today...just found out it won't be here until at least Wed. ARRRRRRGG.

Happy Holidays and Good luck with the car.....I have done the research and I couldn't come up with a better value than the TL Type S right now.

Very Happy in the ATL.
  • warriorzerosixwarriorzerosix Member Posts: 5
    Purchased a 2007 TL Type S in November 2007 in Kinetic Blue Pearl with the two tone interior with ebony and silver trim. Awesome color and interior!! After much research and prior positive experience with Acura products, through a two week negotiation process, achieved a great deal. What a great automobile,such power, technology and so much fun to drive. Cannot wait to get through the break-in period and open it up. Agree with the last post, this brand and model is a phenominal package at a affordable price.

Happy New Year from Atlanta, GA. We are getting the rain we desperately need!
  • inwi99inwi99 Member Posts: 3
    Bought an 07 TL-S Manual in the Moroccan Red Pearl with the black and silver interior I think it's a great combination. Now if ever stops snowing I'll get to drive it! Anyone know a good window tinter in S. WI or N IL let me know. Thanks
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    Just bought a 08 TL-S in CBP/Taupe. The CBP looks AMAZING with the TL-S rims....nuff said.
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Agree. :) I have the same exact color combination.
  • jackie28jackie28 Member Posts: 1
    I have an Acura TL 2006 w/ 20K miles and there has been a noise in the back where the speakers are since I got the car. I took it to Acura and they could not hear it at the time but replaced the speaker. It's not the speaker and worse. You can also hear the noise softly when stereo is off sometimes but more prominent when on. It makes a voom, voom, voom sound even when played softly. I have all settings on C. Woofer, base, everything trying to figure it out. Not a great radio to listen to. Acura can't seem to find problem however they are only in the car for a few seconds. Can anyone suggest what the problem is. I want to take it back (we have very few dealerships around) but it's a long trip and I would like to pinpoint the problem first unless I can easily resolve it. You can also hear it if you open the back trunk - underneath the lid - boom - boom boom.. Pls help! It's not pleasant to listen to.
This discussion has been closed.