Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 7
    Infinitimn, Tech or no Tech, got the dearler info. I wasnt sure how to do send a PM
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Tech.
  • cpaincpain Member Posts: 6
    All,

I'm trying to run down the numbers for the 399 deal for the RDX w/ Tech but something isn't adding up. Based on the following info:

Invoice: 34429
    Incentive: 1500
    Money Factor: .0072
    Residual: 53% at 10k miles per year (is this correct?)
    New Cap Cost (Cost): 34429 - 1500 = 32929
    Cost - Residual ( 17452.37) = Depreciation which is $15,476.63
    Depreciation / 36 months = $429.90

So...
    (Cost + Residual) * Money Factor = $50,381.00 * .0072 = $36
    $429.00 + $36.00 = $466.00 a month

So this 466.00 a month that I'm getting in my calculation is before taxes and fees and all that. So how are they offering $399.00 a month before fees I have no idea. I'm trying to talk to a dealer (South Florida) to break it down for me but of course they are giving me the run around on the numbers.

Can anyone explain the detail in full detail? I'd love to get a "killer" deal.

Thanks
  • bluebird23bluebird23 Member Posts: 6
    Residual is based on MSRP, not selling price.

So you have a residual of $37,410 * 53% = $19,827.

Which gives you
    Depreciation: 32,929 - 19,827 = 13,102 ($363.94 monthly)
    Finance: (32,929 + 19,827) * .00072 = $37.98
    Base Payment: 401.92
    bluebird23: Got it!

Ok so technically this 399.00 should be good to go without anything down except the acquisition fee and first months payment? The dealer was telling me I needed to put about 3000.00 down.

About taxes, I'm not clear how taxes work on a lease. I'm in Florida and I believe a 6% sales and use tax is applicable.

Can anyone explain how to factor that in, is it paid up front in a lump sum or included in the payment? I'm clueless here.

Thanks all
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    Here's a lease quote i got. I find the selling price a bit high compared to TMV. Any suggestions, let me know...thanks in advance.

2008 Acura RDX (base)

36 month / 12,000 miles per year

MSRP: 33,910.00

Selling: 32,220.00

Due @ Signing $713.61 (1st month & dmv)

Monthly Payment $484.61 (includes taxes)
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Yes, seems high. You should be getting invoice, including Destination, MINUS $1500, as your selling price. That is the March deal from Honda Finance for leases. Then check the money factor the dealer is using; it should be .00074, which is the base factor from Honda Finance.
    I'm finding out the mf the dealer used. The selling price they used is 32,919. According to edmunds the invoice is 31,220, subtracting $1500 from this gives me $29720. Do you think that's a possible selling price for this vehicle?
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Absolutely, dude. Here in the Phoenix, AZ market, at least one dealer is offering invoice MINUS $1500 right out of the chute, via e-mail, on '08 RDX's. To start, with no haggling. Actually, as I think about it, it might be for RDX/Tech only, and not the Base.
    sweet....i live in NY and they bend you over for everything! Thanks for the help.
    I just closed out my deal yesterday.

My payment is 422.94 (399 + 6% sales tax).

Out the door I paid a total 1385.00 (includes all fees and first payment).

I also got the all season floor mats and cargo tray thrown in.

At first I was dealing with Rick Case Acura (Florida), they told me they would not do that deal. I called up Acura of South Florida, told them the numbers and they said come on in and the deal is done.

I went in to Acura of South Florida, did the deal with no suprises whatsoever. They didn't have the color we wanted (White) but I knew that beforehand because it wasn't listed in their online inventory.

Done deal,

thank for all of the info.
    Cpain, Tech or No Tech
    shifter1: Sorry, with Tech.

What do you think of the deal? Should I have demanded more (this was a learning experience after all)
    Do you know the selling price of the vehicle they quoted you? I recently was quoted a $537/month lease for the tech model, with no money down and 12k/yr.
  • suvcurioussuvcurious Member Posts: 8
    I'm working on the very same deal in CA which ends up being about $435/mo. However, I hear Acura has an $1100 holdback on the RDX. Is this ASIDE from the $1500 incentive? I don't see anything online about the incentive except for on this 'blog.' Can anyone tell me where they got it from (INFINITIMN?)

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!
    I'v been following this blog for awhile now. That is the best deal yet. I am assuming 10k a year for 36 months. I am in the market for a crossover and i'm split between the rdx and the murano le. The murano is about $100 more a month on a lease.
    shifter1: Yes, 36 months, 10k miles.

I wish I could go back and edit my post so I could put this extra info in.
  • guchguch Member Posts: 12
    Hi, guys I am in NJ.

Does anyone think it is realistic to get an RDX base for 400/month with only first month payment out the door.
    Also do 24 month leases cost more?

Thanks for the help
    what about first month payment, is that extra?
    I got this offer in NJ, via email, without going to the dealer

Lease a RDX Base for 36 months
    10,000 miles per year
    with Inception fees down.

Inception fees are;
    Bank fee $595.00
    NJ Motor Vehicle 262.50
    NJ Tire Tax 7.50
    Documentary fee 199.00
    First Payment 428.00
    Total $1,492.00 Monthly Payment $428.00

Lease the RDX Tech same as above;
    Inception fees down $1,511.64
    Monthly payment $447.64

What's up with the bank fee.

How much better should I do?
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Almost all leases have "bank fees" At the beginning of March you could get $435 and $1499 for RDX Tech. Maybe now that its the end of the month you can do better.
  • palleg33palleg33 Member Posts: 12
    We're in PA & just returned from the dealership - got quoted for a RDX tech package lease:

$1500 down
    15k miles per year
    $520 per month

Can we expect to get in the mid $400? I thought some folks were getting these figures...

Thanks
    Most of the quotes I've been getting are around 480/month for no money down...tax, dmv, etc rolled in and 12k miles. One dealership was offering 430/month but with a selling price of 33500. The weren't forthcoming with the numbers to get 430, so that gave me a red flag and i'm not dealing with them. I'm aiming for around 450/month or less for this vehicle.
    I've received several quotes, and the lowest selling price on the lease is 32,200. I've wondering if I offer 31,000 as the selling price, would I get taken seriously? I live in the NY area and need to pull the trigger on it in the next couple weeks. I'd like to keep the lease price in the $450/month including tax and hoping that was realistic. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • izbodizbod Member Posts: 21
    I've been shopping this car since Feb. The old program had me @ $34,430 (invoice), 1500 out of pocket (595 bank fee, 1st payment, and plates/doc) with a $495 payment (including NY 8.375% tax) 36 mos @ 12K miles a year.

This AM I was offered $32,930 (invoice minus 1,500 dealer cash), $450.36 mthly with the same $1,500 out of pocket. I tried to chisel them down a lil more, requesting a $440 mth payment or $300 less up front. F em! I figure I had nothing to lose. The salesperson gave me the old 'these care are hot and limited' routine. I informed him that although they are hot, I can easily go on the internet and see his inventory and that of his competitors. When he didn't budge I walked out.

Anyone have any success obtaining a sub $450 payment with this kinda money out of pocket?
    I'm in the same boat, also in ny. I just got a cryptic email from a local dealer that a new deal will available after April 5th. Not sure if that's specific for their dealership or an Acura deal, but will keep all posted. I'm hoping for something between 400 and 425 a month.
    Really, wow....I wish I could wait until after the 5th, but my pre-approval from Honda expires on 4/6 (NJ dealers are closed on Sun) and don't want to re-run credit and stuff, as this was my 2nd pre approval.

I'm dealing with Springfield Acura, which dealer gave you 32.2K price?
    Two gave me that quote, one in manhattan and the other in middletown, ny. I forgot to mention that it's for the base though. Here's the email i received from the one in the city:

2008 Acura RDX (base)

36 month / 12,000 miles per year

MSRP: 33,910.00

Selling: 32,220.00

Due @ Signing $713.61 (1st month & dmv)

Monthly Payment $484.61 (includes taxes)
    damn Dude,

For a base model, that deal isnt too sweet. I went to Manhattan Acura, got numbers from a french guy and walked out. They have the right to hold out for their price. I have the right to hold out for mine.

You will still have to pay $595 bank fee. I dont think the dealer can waive that.

All my figures are for the Tech and including taxes.
    The number looks familiar. Are you at the dealership in Middletown? I was planning on stopping by there this weekend to check out the dealership. Let me know if you are, and if you'll be there this weekend.
    Out of curiosity, did they give you similar numbers to the ones i posted? I've just being seeing numbers all over the place, not for only this vehicle, but for everything I've been looking at. I've also been looking at the new Murano and although the price is still high on it, at least all the dealerships are offering at the same pricing. Anyway, the search continues.......
    I looked at the new Murano and the EX35. I figured being a 2 time Nissan/Infiniti customer ('03 Murano/'06 FX35) that they would make a better deal for me. However, both dealerships disappointed me.

Murano has gotten way too expensive. The EX35, aside from being too small, had awful programs.
    So after constant delving, this is the best I could do:

$433 a mth X 36, 12K yr on RDX Tech. This payment includes NYC 8.375% tax.

I am $1530 out of pocket (1st mth, bank fee, docs, plates). The selling price is $32,730 (invoice - $200 - $1500 dealer incentive). I feel this is a good deal. On my way to consumate it. I will try to shake em for mats or something else for free when I get there. >:)

Steve from Middletown/Feder offered a comparable deal, but I am getting it in NJ because I can avoid the 1hr plus drive.
    That's probably something I could live with. Nice job. What's the residual value on the tech over the base? I don't require the nav. The back camera and audio system would be nice, but i could live with out. I believe the back up sensors are a $500 accessory.
    The resid is 52%, not sure what it is on Base. Backup cam is nice, ELS sound is supreme. I skipped the backup sensors. When you're ready I got the guy you wanna deal with. Straight up guy, no fuss, no waste of time for informed buyers like us. At these numbers, why buy base?!

All I have to say is WOWWWWWWWWW! Going back out just to drive now! I will definitely visit all the dealers who lost the sale and honk the horn. LOL!
    That's true. The numbers i'm getting ar higher than what you got with tech. Let me know who you dealt with and at what dealership. Just @usa.com to my sn to email me the info. Thanks!
  • gakmsggakmsg Member Posts: 1
    $520 seems about right

I got 575 with 1500 down for 25k miles. (tech package) Running boards, body side molding, and floor mats for 589....in PA, Montgomeryville and West Chester ... Ardmore and Jenkintown a bit higher.
  • jett5113jett5113 Member Posts: 4
    I went to the dealership today and had them run some numbers for me on an RDX base. I cannot get my own numbers to match up to theirs and I'm trying to figure out why - I want to make sure they haven't "slipped" something extra in!

Some caveats - I'm in Chicago so we aren't doing a true lease but rather one of the balloon notes / owners choices / whatever they are called to avoid having to pay the extra lease use tax. Also, in IL, you pay sales tax on the entire price of the car including the residual, not just on the monthly payments.

I'm hoping someone can help me?!? Are the finance charges calculated the same way? My numbers do match any "lease calculator" I try online so I'm wordering if something is different in a balloon or if they slipped something in there.

For instance, I was looking at the RDX base so MSRP is 33,910 and they quoted me $31,219 + $168 in title/license fees. I have to pay 9.25% sales tax on the whole amount and that is rolled into the monthly payments so total capitalized cost is 34,290.30.

Residual is 55% which seems to match what I've seen so residual value is $18,650.

But, finance charges come to $78.27 per month according to the dealer's sheet. In my sheet and in the online calculators, finance charges come to $65.96 per month based on this APR and the cooresponding money factor. I cannot figure out why there is a difference but it's driving me nuts!

I come out to a monthly payment of $500.39 and the dealer comes to $516.83

Any suggestions?
    That payment should be $443.......still $50 cheaper than the price 2 mos ago

Sorry!
  • lakersfan2lakersfan2 Member Posts: 2
    I went to my local dealer in South Florida today. For a 36 month lease on a base model with 18K miles per year they quoted $1300 out of pocket and $460 plus tax ($495) per month. Is this is agood deal?
    Try using the spreadsheet located at this website. It's pretty straightforward and i think it's pretty useful. I put in the numbers you have and the dealers math seems to be on point. If it's a good deal, is another story. Good luck.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/regm.xls
  • tpav1tpav1 Member Posts: 3
    For what it's worth. Dealers have a $399/mo $1999 down deal (plus usual fees) going on. I asked what they could do with 0 down figuring it would be $460+. Surprised when they offered it at $420 and not just 0 down, but 0 driveoff as well. Threw in an old Audi trade-in for $600 and got back to $400 and 0 driveoff.
  • jett5113jett5113 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the spreadsheet. I put in the #'s and I still come up with MY number of $500.39 for monthly payments, not the dealer's number of $514....

They must be adding something else in. Any other suggestions?

Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal. From what we can tell, the IL tax is just killing us since (1) it is higher than many other states and (2) you pay it on the total price of the car including the residual, not just the part you use.

Can anyone in IL share what kind of deal they got on the RDX???
    What are you using as your money factor? i've been getting .00072 around my area. Could it be gap insurance factored in?
  • rihoopsrihoops Member Posts: 91
    I just checked and Acura changed the lease special to a Tech package for 399 a month. I'm guessing a tech should cost under 400 with 12K mileage now. Any thoughts?
  • nnocu04nnocu04 Member Posts: 6
    Wow! Unbelievable deal. What state do you live in? What was the net cap cost?? How can they offer 0 driveoff?
  • nnocu04nnocu04 Member Posts: 6
    All, after much comparison shopping and test drives, have decided on the RDX Tech and am very excited. However, looking for some help on getting best deal available. I've got all the numbers to get to the current $399/month and $1999 due at signing deal w/ 10k miles. Actual payment with sales tax is $419/month. Right now, on the current deal, dealer makes $902 (without the holdback). If the dealer gives me the $902 (only takes the holdback), total payment is down to $392 (still with $1,005 cap cost reduction). If I don't put the $1,005 down, payment is $422.

Basically, I want to know how much I can bring them down. Should I ask for the $902 off or should I accept the current deal and ask for them to throw in Acura protection package (wheel locks, floor mats, cargo tray); running boards and body side molding??? If I choose the latter, can I also try to get them to bump the miles up to at least 12k??

Sorry for the long post, but any help is greatly appreciated and if anyone can post their recent deals that would be great too. Thanks again.
    How are you getting $422 without down payment? I'm trying to get a similar deal. So far I got this:

Selling Price: 33,000
    Residual: 52% = 19,453
    Tax in my area is = 8.125%
    Money Factor = 0.00072

Includes 36 month/12k miles and has moon visor with mudguards. This comes to $455.
  • tpav1tpav1 Member Posts: 3
    Funny how you don't analyze the numbers closely when they look good in your favor. Do dealers make mistakes and eat it? I got a phone quote of $420, and 0 drive off. I thought it was for the Base model at first. My paperwork has these numbers:
    Due at signing: $792.04*
    Capitalized cost: $32913
    Residual: 19827.30
    Depriciation: $13085.70
    Rent Charge: 1366.86
    Total of base payments: 14452.56
    Payments 36
    Base Monthly Payment: $401.46
    Sales Tax $33.12 (8.25%)
    Total Monthly: 434.58

This is 10k per year

*When signing I questioned the $792.04 and was told the dealer was covering that. And they did. Not sure why it appears on the paperwork.
    Good deal. I'm trying to get the same number with 12k miles.
This discussion has been closed.