Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• termsterms Member Posts: 5
    I have to return my RDX 2007 soon from lease 36 month. I pay 458.00 per month without teh. package for 1500 miles/month. I am thinking to keep this car
    ( finance ), but not sure about if it worth . Any suggestions?
  • lfernaldlfernald Member Posts: 3
    my 07 lease is due next month as well. My paperwork states buyout is 19,107 which I "think" is a good deal.
    My buyout is 18K but I think to take one more year of lease. They offer it for same monthly payment I have now, but I want it for less price and I don't know if it possibe to negotiate.
    What is your MPG ( miles per gallon) on your car for 3 years? Mine is just 18 for suborbonite area and highway. First 1.5 year it was around below 17. What about your?
  • lfernaldlfernald Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    avg weekly is around 20 which is from work and back with 15% in city. I can get up to 22-23 with 95% highway.

I will have to check my trip b to see what it has been so far. I haven't cleared that one.
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    How much is the buy out at the end of the lease? maybe you could trade it in if it is worth more then what you owe!!! I have done that a few times.. :shades:
  • z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    what dealer was that in NJ.
    Thanks.
    Ramsy Acura
  • ckoolckool Member Posts: 86
    Hi Car-Man:

Just received price quote for RDX base model
    MSRP$33330
    Price quoted $31112 +TTL

think to lease it for 36 months and received the quote for $355 + tax per month with
    56% residual and 0.00096.

Do you think it's a good deal? If not, what's the % of residual and money factor for May?

Thank you for your help

CK
  • capccapc Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I got a quote on an RDX AWD 2010 without tech as follows:
    12K, 36 months
    464/month
    1600 down
    Today is May 18, I know they are running a special on their FWD, but I live in the North east, would prefer the AWD option
    Do you think this is this a good deal?
  • ras468ras468 Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I was wondering if you could tell me the MF and residual for a 2010 RDX with 12K and 15K and 36 month lease - SH-AWD version.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello ckung . The dealer invoice price for a base 2010 Acura RDX is currently $31,113. That's right around the selling price that you were quoted. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's buy rate for this model as well. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi capc. The easiest way for us to evaluate this deal would be to look at this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and either myself or another knowledgeable community member will likely let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, ras468. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX SH-AWD without Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00096 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckoolckool Member Posts: 86
    Car-Man:

Thanks. What about the RDX-tech-pack? I have been quoted $33955? Is it a good deal? or can the dealer do better?

Thanks again
    No problem ckung. The selling price that you were quoted on the RDX Tech is right around dealer invoice as well, which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • keankean Member Posts: 11
    One of the dealer sent me an offer $456/mo 12k/yr 36mo 1st mo. payment due at signing (tax reg license rolled already to monthly). The selling price was $30052, RV 56% .00096 MF. Is it a good deal already?Thanks.you.
  • keankean Member Posts: 11
    Is the destination fee will be part of MSRP to calculate the residual value?Or part of additional cost? thanks.
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Member Posts: 33
    I am wondering if the numbers I got from the dealer in Plano, TX is the best I can get?

MSRP: 36,430.00
    Discount: 1,230.00
    Sale Price: 35,200.00
    Option added: 150.00
    Doc Fees: 185.00

Tax, Title and License: 557.71
    Customer cash: 1,000.00
    ======================
    Balance Owed: 35,047.71

36months, 15K/yr lease for $539.00/month. I think there is room for negotiation, but don't know how much.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Hi kean. Vehicle's residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that are allowed to be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sunnyvali . The dealer invoice price of the exact vehicle that you're interested in is $33,956. The selling price that you were quoted is $1,244 over that. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised in the least if you were able to beat this price by several hundred dollars. If I was in the market for a '10 RDX, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice...or less.

Car_man
    Host
  • 1rodnoib1rodnoib Member Posts: 2
    Just starting to look @ options as my wife's RX lease is up in a couple months. She likes the RDX. What is best number for lease if we need 20k per year based on their current no $ down offer? Credit is Tier 1 / Excellent. In NC if that matters.

Thanks -
  • apz4apz4 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking for the residual percentages for an AWD RDX (No tech package) for 10K, 12K and 15K miles. I understand that the money factor is .00085. Want to make sure the dealer is correctly reporting the percentages (attempting to roll over unused miles from a prior Acura lease). He has told us the residual was .54 for a 10K lease - found that strange since the FWD RDX (no tech) seems to be .57 for a 10K lease.

Thank you in advance -tiger.
    Hello apz4. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Through July 6th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00086 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher and the 10k resid would be 3% higher than the 15k residual.
  • jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20
    Carman
    I'm looking for the residual percentages for an 2010 AWD RDX ( tech ) for 10K, 12K and 15K miles. I understand that the money factor is .00086. Thanks!
    Here you go, jakpenn. According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

If you would rather pay money at lease signing for some reason, the money factor increases to .00086.

Acura's lease program on this truck is better than this in California.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10k resids are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20
    Thank you. :)
    You're very welcome, jakpenn.

Car_man
    Host
  • brentwood5brentwood5 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man, would you be able to post the current Acura Financial lease money factor and residual value percent for a 36 month with 10K miles for 2011 RDX models? Thanks!
  • pkim5pkim5 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car-man,

Could you please post the current Acura Financial lease money factor and residual value percentage for a 2010 AWD Non-Tech RDX for 36 months and 12k miles?

Thank you very much!
  • hooch7hooch7 Member Posts: 4
    I am in need of this info too. Thanks!
  • fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    I am very interested in this as well. Looking to re-lease any day. I never used this info before and got burned-not badly, but enough over the term of the lease. This time I want to be prepared. Thanks so much CarMan!
    I'd be happy to help you out, brentwood5.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Acura RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Ok...I must admit I'm a dunce where these things are concerned. For a 2010 RDX (no tech) 12,000 miles I was given a money factor of .00086 and 55% residual. My monthly payment is $448. The guy told me I'm paying about $500 over invoice (and he's throwing in extras like cargo holder, pinstripe, etc.) My inception fees...which was not explained well...are $1560 and that includes the first month's payment. Do I need to go back and talk to the dealer? Is what you posted for "Super Preferred" a better deal? I am a repeat customer. He's rolling over my miles and I'm getting out of my other lease about 4 1/2 months early. HELP! Thanks!!
  • lbjpilotlbjpilot Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

Is this a good deal?

Price for 2010 RDX SH-AWD (no tech) 

Vehicle Cost:  
    MSRP=35380  
    Sale Price=33796  

Lease Terms:  
    36 months  
    Residual=$19459.00  
    Money Factor=.00086 

Cap Reduction: 
    Cash Cap Reduction=  
    Trade-in Value=$0  
    Trade-in Loan=$0 

Leasing fees and taxes: 
    Sales Tax Rolled into lease: $1,378.77  
    Bank Fee=595  
    License Fee=$50 
    Title Fee= 
    Doc Fee=75 
    Dealer Fees=0  

Payment=$487.39  
    Cash Due=$507.39 (includes all fees and 700 dollar credit to reduce money down) 

End result 488 a month 36 months (first payment was included in cash due 507.39) 
    This is ny lease is it a good price? (12k miles 36 months) 

Hi fourmine. The deal that you were given looks good to me. The money factor is right and $500 over dealer invoice with some accessories thrown in is a good deal. On top of all that, you're getting out of your current lease early. You did fine. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lbjpilot. The dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you are interested in is $32,947. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $850 over invoice, which isn't bad. Plus, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this model. This looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • davie333davie333 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I'm looking for august money factors and residuals on a 2010 fwd RDX with tech on a 3 yr, 15k yr lease.

Also, do any forum members have any recommendations between fwd and sh-awd. I live in so-cal and the vehicle is for my wife. We might take it to the mountains once or twice over the 3 years so I don't think the awd is worth it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

THANK YOU!!
    Thanks so much for your help, Car Man!
  • brentwood5brentwood5 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    Hi Car_man, thank you for the info. The money factor the dealer quoted matches your post. However, the residual they quoted is 58% (36 mo, 10K miles per year). You posted 59%. Do dealers increase residuals?
    I want to make sure that what they'll discount on their price quote does not get added to the residual some how.

Thanks!
    Hi davie333. You're in luck, Acura's lease program in California is more attractive than it is in the rest of the country right now.

Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RDX in California with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome fourmine.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome brentwood5. Dealers really do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values. The dealer must have been mistaken about the resid that they quoted you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaeroe21jaeroe21 Member Posts: 2
    Current advertised offer in Los Angeles for a 2010 RDX 5 speed automatic (not tech package) is:

$420/month payment
    36 months
    $0 walk off
    10k miles/year

MSRP: $33,3800 (including destination)
    Net Cap Cost: $33,141.17 (includes $595 acquisition fee)
    purchase option at end of lease is $18,692 (is this the same as residual?)

Is this a good deal? They don't list the money factor or residual on the site.

Thank you!
  • mdxlesseemdxlessee Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_Man

I am looking to lease, in Oklahoma, a SH AWD RDX with tech and navigation (MRSP $37,000 approx.) for 36 months with 12K miles a year. I want to put nothing down. The advertised offers are for the base model. It will be wonderful to know the following: What is the residual for this model for 10K and 12K miles? Is there some incentive I could use to negotiate on the price? Is a lease quote of $575 fair? Best regards.

Current MDX Lessee
  • lchillin24lchillin24 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX AWD w/ Tech. MSRP is $38,580. Anyone have money factor, resid value figures that would help me out?

Thanks!
    Hello jaeroe21. This doesn't look like a very attractive deal to me. The dealer invoice price of a base 2010 Acura RDX is currently $31,113. If one subtracts the available $1,000 dealer cash from that it drops to around $30,113. That's nearly $2,500 over invoice after the acquisition fee is backed out.

If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a price of more along the lines of $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mdxlessee.

In your area right now Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX SH AWD with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with nothing due at lease signing.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lchillin24. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with nothing due at lease signing.

This program is good for everywhere but California, where it was enhanced slightly.

Good luck in your quest for a new RDX, lchillin24. Make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • tl10tl10 Member Posts: 46
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX AWD w/ Tech. Internet price is $36,431.00. I receive a quote for a 36 month lease deal, 10k miles a yr, $2,500.00 total out of pocket for $495.00/mo. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have the money factor, resid value figures that would help me out? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.