Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go Cesar. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey jmpesq. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX AWD without Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Again don't forget about the $750 dealer cash that's available on this vehicle during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • dbagdadidbagdadi Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

What are the June lease numbers for an RDX with and without Tech for 36 month, 10K and 12k please?

Are there still any cash rebates available?
    Here you go dbagdadi. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00097 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of an RDX with Tech is the same, but its residual value drops to 56%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jackomojackomo Member Posts: 11
    I am looking to change from an Audi A4 to an Acura RDX and would like to know what type programs buyers were able to negotiate on a lease. I am in the San Diego area. I see the money factors and residuals are listed above, but want to know what the monthly lease is and what price it was based on for an RDX w/o tech for June.
    Thanks
  • fservidiofservidio Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I just received this offer from an Acura Dealer in the NYC area: Can you provide feedback on whether this is a good deal? This is for 15K per year, 36 months:

AWD Non-Tech:
    Vehicle Price: $33,889
    Residual: $19,514.00
    Cap Reduct: $2,000
    Payment: $399.36 plus tax
    Hi fservidio. The dealer invoice price for a 2011 Acura RDX Non-Tech is $33,366. The selling price that you were quoted is around $500 over that...which is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00097 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Car Man,

Can I get the money factor and residual numbers (12k/yr) for August on an AWD RDX with Tech. Could I also know what dealer invoice is on that vehicle.

I was quoted around $550/month with 0 down and rolling the taxes into the lease, is this a good deal? I'm in Nevada/Northern CA

Thank you
  • chas0215chas0215 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2011
    Acura and/or your local dealer are just not competitive. In June I leased an Infiniti FX35 with an MSRP of just over $50K for $590/mo., no money down, everything rolled into lease, 12K/yr, for 39 mos. I live in NYC metro area. I priced a similarly equipped MDX and they could not come close to Infiniti. You be the judge. If Acura doesn't work with you and provide you better numbers (e.g. closer to $500/mo.), you will get more value for your money elsewhere.
    You certainly can pcullen1. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00097 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

It would be easier for us to evaluate the deal that you were quoted if you were able to provide us with the vehicle's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. Without these numbers, it is more difficult to tell if there's any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks carman. I believe MSRP is $37,995 and selling price was close to $35,995 before taxes. I was told I should be able to lease it with taxes rolled into the lease, 0 down for around $550/mth for 35 months. This is AWD w/tech.

Does that sound like a good deal to you?
    No problem pcullen1. The RDX that you're interested in has a spread of $2,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $600 over invoice, which is pretty good...especially considering Honda's inventory issues.

Car_man
    Host
  • cbrydrcbrydr Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hello Carman,

Can I please get September numbers (MF and resid) for a 2011 RDX AWD w/Tech for 10K mi / yr? Vehicle will be purchased in VA.

Also, the car will be registered in DC, so what is the tax situation? Heard that taxes are paid up front (cap cost + resid), but that doesnt make sense. Can you please verify?

Thank you,
    CBRYDR
    I'd be happy to help you out, CBRYDR. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX AWD with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • zealot1zealot1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Dear CarMan-

What do you think of this deal?

2012 RDX AWD w. Tech
    Total purchase price 36,400
    15k/yr lease for 36 months
    Total 3000 out of pocket initially including first mo. payment and taxes, rest is down payment
    Dealer agreed to pay off my current lease - total of $516 left

Deal: 480/month

Thanks!
    Hi zealot1. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in is $36,208. The selling price that you were quoted is only slightly over that...which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00107 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • prosenthalprosenthal Member Posts: 5
    What is the residual and mf for a 2012 RDX with 12,000 miles? What are your thoughts on the "rule of thumb" that monthly lease should be 10% of purchase price? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,226
    I think the rule of thumb is 1%, not 10%..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• inkblot007inkblot007 Member Posts: 15
    Mr. Carman,

I'm looking at getting the Acura RDX 2012. Can you tell me what the current invoice, residual and money factor is for the month of October? Assuming top tier. Thank you!
  • kitkat08kitkat08 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Mr. Carman,
    I am looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX-tech. Could you tell me the numbers for October for a 15k, 36 month lease? Are the figures different if I go for a 2012 model? Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated.
    Hi prosenthal, Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi inkblot007. Please see my previous post for an idea of what this truck's lease program is like right now.

You can find its dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kitkat08. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 RDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00033 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00107 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Friend,

I am trying to lease an RDX for my wife for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year w/o tech. With MSRP of about $34,500, why is it so difficult to negotiate a lease for around $350 per month (without taxes, DMV, acquisition fees)? I just leased a 2011 G37x with prem and Nav for $380 per month with 15,000 miles for 39 months (MSRP is $43,000 and the TMV is around $38,000). thanks - very much appreciate your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,226
    Infiniti is supporting the 2011 G37X lease with an unrealistically high residual.. (60% on your lease, right?). That makes for a low, low payment.. I know, because my wife is leasing one, this month...

The RDX doesn't have that kind of support from Acura, for a number of reasons..

1) The RDX is a low-volume seller vs. the G37 being Infiniti's biggest seller.

2) None of the compact SUV competition is offering low lease payments.. Actually, the October lease is about as low as the RDX has been in a year...

Local to me, the dealers are offering $419/mo. with $1000 due at signing.... You might be able to negotiate a little better than that, but $350/mo. is not going to happen...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated. Here is the deal I negotiated for my wife: RDX with tech; 36 months, 12,000 miles; I traded in my 2000 Acura TL with 138,000 miles (I asked for $3,000 based on Auto Trader's appraisal of $3,082 sight unseen); the Acura dealer looked at the car but did not drive it. The monthly lease is $350 (does not include taxes). How did I do? Thanks again.
  • razcal1razcal1 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please answer a few questions for me? I'm looking at a 2012 RDX w/Tech MSRP $36,880 in Miami. What is the October MF and Residual for 12K Miles? What is good agreed price and monthly lease amount? They quoted me $470.00 per month plus tax ($32.90) with $1469.00 total out of pocket.
    $1469.00 = $470.00 first payment, $300.00 Tags/Title, $699.00 dealer fee. Is there an Acura lease origination fee too?

I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you,
    razcal1
    I'd be happy to razcal1. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Acura RDX with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice. You can look up this vehicle's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Acura Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car Man,

What do you think of this deal? 2012 RDX w/Tech-MSRP $36880.00

1. Total out of pocket $925.00-Includes Tag Transfer/Fees of $300.00
    2. 36 mo Lease w/10K Miles
    3. 35 monthly payments of $445.41
    4. Includes oil changes for lease term.

Thanks for your help,
    Razcal1
    Hi Car Man,

I'm still shopping for a 2012 Acura RDX w/Tech. Looking for November 1st Residuals and M.F. for 36mo/10K Miles lease.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,
    Razcal1
    Hi Razcal1. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this truck's selling price. Do you know what it is. This is an important number for consumers to know because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again Razcal1 :). Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX w/Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the November Residual and Money Factor for a 2012 Acura RDX SH-AWD for a lease of 15,000 miles per year for 36 months. Could you give the numbers with and without the Tech Package?

Thanks,

Stephen
    I certainly do Stephen. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX SH-AWD without Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of this truck with Tech would be .00098 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    CarMan, can you please let me know MF and residual for a 2012 RDX SH-AWD w/Tech package, 12,000 miles/yr, 36 month term? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to gusbuf. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX SH-AWD with Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ziffiesziffies Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide us with the December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX FWD Non Tech for 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year?

Also some dealer still have 2011 RDX in stock, any benefits in term of lease to get 2011 instead 2012?

Thank you for your help.
  • lucky128lucky128 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide us with the December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX FWD Tech and non Tech for 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks You
    Lucky
    Hi ziffies. Through January 3rd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX FWD Non-Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor on the 2011 RDX is exactly the same, but the residual value is much lower...53% for the same terms.

So you'd be much better off leasing a 2012 model.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days if you'd like me to fill you in on what I was able to find out about it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Lucky. Through January 3rd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX Tech FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Could I get the money factor and residual value for a 2012 RDX FWD, base model, for 36 month lease at 12k per year and at 15k per year? Thanks for your help.
    You certainly may marys236. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a base 2012 RDX FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • rac10000rac10000 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

I am currently looking into a 2012 RDX lease and would greatly apprecaite if you could confirm the March lease rates for me.

I am already shooting for $700+ below invoice but I know there is some trunk money in the car this month

I am located in NY.

Thank you for your help,
    Alex
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified, it's an RDX with AWD (No tech package).

Thanks!
    Hey Alex. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 RDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You're right, Acura is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the '12 RDX this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you! I appreciate it the help.

-Alex
  • dlo1026dlo1026 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, could you give me the money factor and residual on a 2012 RDX - AWD w/tech at 10,000 miles for 36 months? Also, can you tell me what the dealer incentives are this month? Thanks!
  • cdb68cdb68 Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan:
    Could I get the money factor and residual value for a 2012 RDX FWD, base model, for 36 month lease at 12k per year? Thanks for your help. I'm in CT.
    You're very welcome rac10000.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dlo1026. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX AWD with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00092 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this truck. Make sure to take that incentive into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.