Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ummyahya03. You definitely do not want to make a $6,000 down payment on a leased vehicle. That's a lot of money and if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during the course of your lease it is very possible that it would just disappear. It's always much safer to go with a zero down lease. You can still trade in your current vehicle when you get your new one, bust have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from your deal as a down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nickm1622. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • glorikglorik Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am looking for the current MF and residual for April on base RDX with 10K/year.
    If there are numbers for FWD option I'd appreciate it much.
    If anybody leased RDX in New York, can you please share your deals and dealerships.
  • ummyahya03ummyahya03 Member Posts: 5
    Thank u car_man :). How much should I expect my monthly payments to b on a 0 down lease for rdx awd tech ?
  • ummyahya03ummyahya03 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the help everyone. I purchased yesterday a 2013 rdx awd tech with protection pkg 1 and remote start for total price of $41,536. Not sure if it was a good deal or not but it's done now and I LOVE my new car ;-)
  • f1italiaf1italia Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 2013 RDX AWD Base in NJ. Acura doesn't publish a lease offer on that model - their published offer is only for the FWD. I think I can get a 36-month lease for $429/month with $1999 down and 12,000 miles.

Do you think I can improve on that? The Edmund's lease calculator gives me a much higher payment. Thanks! this is a great forum.
    Hi glorik. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX base with 10,000 miles per year are .00136 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ummyahya03. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech that has an MSRP of $40,315 and a selling price of $37,860 through Acura right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $518 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • superleon72superleon72 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a lease in a 2013 RDX AWD base model for $430 monthly for 36 months and 12,000 miles annualy. Zero money down and a 2001 Subaru Forester 2001 (valued by the dealer @ $2,500).
    What do you think? did I get a good deal?
  • ewasselewassel Member Posts: 1
    Car man: Can you post the money factor and residual for a 2014 RDX, both Base and Tech, 36 mos, 15k miles, as well as the same numbers for a 2013 model.
    Here's the information that you're looking for ewassel. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 RDX Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '14 RDX Tech are .00150 and 58%.

The numbers for the '13 RDX are .00119 and 57%.

The numbers for the '13 RDX Tech are .00119 and 54%.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '13 model, but no cash on the '14 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20
    Car Man
    Thanks for this info! could you possibly do the same as above for a 36 month lease with 10,000 and 12,000 miles please? thanks
    You're very welcome jakpenn. The money factors for other mileage allowances are the same. The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The resids for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • rm908rm908 Member Posts: 1
    RDX FWD Tech

Selling price: $36860
    Trade Allowance: $4500
    Total Cap Cost: $33260
    Original MSRP: $40315
    Miles per year: 12,000
    Adj Residual Value: $22576
    Tax %: 7%
    3 year @ 12k miles

$430/month

Is this a good deal?
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi Carman.

Would you be so kind as to post the current residuals and money factors for a 2013 and 2014 RDX AWD w/tech, both 12k and 15k 36mo leases assuming top tier credit?

Thanks so much for hosting and thanks in advance for your reply.

Chris
    Sure. Here you go Chris. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 RDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00119 and 54%.

The residual values for a lease with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the '13 model, but nothing on the '14 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Negotiated a sweet deal on a 2013 RDXT and picked the car up on Saturday.
    Thanks for your help, Car_man!
    (will post the specifics in a fresh post)

Chris
  • debndebn Member Posts: 6
    I am new to this and want to make sure I understand the calculations. This is from the Acura website: 2013 RDX 6 Speed Automatic with Technology Package Featured Special Lease $419 per month for 36 months. $2499 total due at signing.

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified lessees.

Closed-end lease for 2013 RDX 6 Speed Automatic with Technology Package vehicles (TB3H5DKNW) available from May 22, 2013 through July 8, 2013, available to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $38,915.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $34,823.23. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $15,084.00. Option to purchase at lease end $22,181.55. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by July 8, 2013. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Acura dealer for complete details.

Based on this information, am I correct in assuming the residual is 57% ($22,181.55) and cap reduction of $4091.77 with a selling price of $34,823.23? If so, I am getting a money factor of .003430. That's pretty far off from your numbers CarMan. Any thoughts?
    edited June 2013
    That's great news Chris. Congratulations on your new ride. Enjoy :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • tiger76tiger76 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, CarMan: I was offered pre-tax $432/mo for 2014 RDX AWD, $0 down, 10,000 mile/year, 36 month lease, is it a good deal? The dealer told me 0.0015% MF, 60% Residual, stick price is $35,920. Thank you.
  • dealhunter3dealhunter3 Member Posts: 3
    I just got an email with a very good offer on a purchase, but lease terms don't seem too much better. Is it possible to convert good offers on purchase to a lease? Is there another option to take advantage of a good deal if you want to lease? 3rd party leasing maybe? Any particular financing companies better than any others for that?
    Hi tiger76. The money factor that you were quoted is spot on. The residual value looks good too.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $36,815 and a selling price of $35,920, I estimate that this vehicle would have a 36-month, 10,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $472.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dealhunter3. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to get the dealer to use the selling price that they quoted you to purchase the RDX that you are interested in as the capitalized cost for your lease. See if they would be willing to do that.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaeroe21jaeroe21 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi CarMan,

I was given this deal on a base model 2014 RDX Front Wheel Drive:

$33500
    $0 Down
    $0 Drive Off
    35 months/10K year
    They didn't give me the money factor
    64% residual (that is what they said, but i didn't catch the actual residual value)

monthly payment: $444.32 including tax (9%)

I'm returning an RDX lease with 1 month on it and they are giving me trade in of $1200 which covers the last payment ($476.00) along with all of the drive off fees.

Good deal?

Thanks!
  • tiger76tiger76 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    Hi CarMan,

Could you please provide the money factor and residual for:

2014 RDX AWD with 12K/year and 15K/year 36-month leases.

Thanks!
  • kevinkk123kevinkk123 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hi CarMan,

Is this a good deal?

MSRP= 36815
    Negotiated Price = 31590
    no down, RF = 60%
    36 months, 12000 miles/ yr
    Annual Rate 3.6% or MF .0015

Signing due at bank fee 650 + registration 350 + first month payment 375+ others 150 = 1525. monthly payment including NY tax (8.875%) is 375 every month.
  • mauricio01mauricio01 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the thread but that definitively looks like a great deal.
    Is that for AWD model?

Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer. I'm really interested in getting one too.

Has anybody found a better deal than this?

Thanks!
    M
  • jboom1jboom1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman-
    I am considering turning in my 2011 Acura RDX turbo (34k miles) for a 2014 AWD no tech. The residual value, which I understand is non negotiable, s 23,193. Do I also figure in trade-in value on my current Acura? They also quoted me GRS CAP COST of $35811 - and Net Cap Cost of 35799.41 not sure I understand these numbers and want to make sure that the actual sale price of the car is fair. Right now with the dealers numbers the monthly lease is $478.14 and from reading all of the forum posts I am confident the number should be in the high 3's or low 4's. I am using the edmunds car least calculator. Thanks.
  • infoeinfoe Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Kevinkk123 your deal looks like a good deal with the correct residual as well as MF. I am interested in this same deal but would even go with a 61% RF at 10k miles.

Can you please confirm what model RDX you are purchasing as it's MSRP does not seem to fall in line with any of the four RDX models.

Can you please share your dealer details out of NY?

I will use this information to try to secure a similar deal.
  • ms5343ms5343 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi CarMan and everyone with more experience than me,

I'm looking to lease (for the first time) a 2014 RDX very soon, granted the price is right. When you get a chance, can you please let me know what you think of the quote below? There doesn't seem to be any incentives from Acura that we qualify for at this time and I'm wondering if I should go ahead with the deal, negotiate more, or hold off and wait for an incentive.

2014 RDX AWD, with Tech Package and Remote Engine Start
    10,000 miles per year
    Lease Term: 36 mos.
    MSRP: $40,914
    Negotiated Price: $38,350
    Money Factor: 0.0015
    Residual: 61%
    Wisconsin tax: 5.5%
    $0 Down

$1450 due at signing which includes 1st month, title, registration, acquisition fees.
    $518 monthly payment (including tax) thereafter for 35 months
    Monthly payment = $493.50 pre-tax

What do you think? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    Did you ever get more details on the model... I'm looking to do the same deal in Socal.
  • kevinkk123kevinkk123 Member Posts: 3
    unfortunately, the deal expired already. I didn't get the deal due to a personal issue. I don't have the dealership name because I got it from my friend, who is like an independent agent has contracts with different dealerships. I can't even get the similar deal now. The latest quote I received from Auto Plaza Mall is 434 including tax as monthly payment, with 3.6% interest rate, 61% residual value, 10k miles.
  • mizzillertimemizzillertime Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I was given this deal on a base model 2014 RDX Front Wheel Drive in Southern California:

MSRP $35,415
    Selling Price $32,415
    Residual $22,311.45
    MF .00150
    $2000 down
    35 months/12K year

Monthly payment: $325 plus tax

Good deal?
    Those numbers don't quite work out for me. Based on your info, I'm calculating a monthly pymt of $311. Did you add some accessories that you didn't mention? The $14 mo difference would equate to about another $500 in cost.

Chris
  • lqhooverlqhoover Member Posts: 4
    I cannot find the money factor on the current lease offer from Acura for the RDX AWD with Tech that expires on 9/3/2013. Anyone know it?

When I run the calc on the Acura website it shows a 685.85 a month for lease amount of 40,515, 12k mi, and 36 mths. My dealer told me the money factor is .0014 but this seems like a high monthly payment for that money factor. When I back into the money factor based on these numbers I come up with a money factor = .00331. What am I missing?
    lghoover,

You are missing two items:
    1. Sales price (aka capitalized cost)
    2. Residual value

You need that information as well as the MSRP and money factor in order to calculate the monthly payment.

FitzRam
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    .0014, if you use the special "ZERO due at signing program"

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yep got it, thanks. I was trying to verify what the dealer told me that the current Acura money factor is correct and it appears it is (.0014 / 3.36 APR). I think I can do better, seems high to me...
    Thanks so much! My dealer claims they can better the lease deal from Acura. This is my first lease, is it common practice to negotiate a better money factor offered from the dealer? If so, what is reasonable from your experience if we use the Acura deal of .0014 as a baseline?
    Your dealer may be able to offer a better lease than the nationally advertised example.. that really isn't all that hard to do.. they just have to sell it for less money than assumed in the example..

But, they can't offer a lower money factor on that lease. (of course, in your example, they didn't say that..)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I have negotiated what I think is a good deal with several accessories, but was wondering if I had any leverage on the money factor. I now realize I can't play hardball on the MF, so this gives me my direction.

Thanks so much for your help!
  • row2row2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man

Please let me know if this is a good deal.

I have the following deal

Cash 4000
    36 mths 428.65 including taxes(10000 miles)
    residual 23469
    Selling price of car 36200
    MF 0.0017
  • schenoy1schenoy1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal, before I pull the trigger:

$0 down lease with only first-payment due at signing, 12K miles/year, .00150 money factor, 12,000 miles/year, on a 2014 RDX AWD nonTech is $469.84 plus tax/month. This is based on a sale price of $35,320.96 ZAG program special pricing structure.

The residual is .62 so the gross cap cost is $36,533.96 and the adjusted residual is $22,825.30.

Thank you for your help, really appreciated :)

Steve :shades:
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    It seems kinda high.
    This guy in Brooklyn NY listed for only $399 plus tax. no money down.
    I am sure you can negotiate with the prices.
    http://www.legendleasing.com/2014_Acura_RDX_AWD
  • schenoy1schenoy1 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, thats does seem pretty low? How do they do that??
  • stevef4stevef4 Member Posts: 25
    Carman or anyone,
    I need residual and money factor
    for Northern Cali( bay area)
    2014 RDX w/ tech Fwd 36 mo /12k
    About to pull trigger but need this info
    Thanks
    The RDX has a special money factor of .00150 that carries over from September, but I don't have residual information.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cowboys900cowboys900 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hi, can someone please advise what the current Money Factor and Residuals are for the 2014 RDX AWD NON TECH model? 36 months @ 10k miles per year?

1-What is the Acquisition fee?
    2-What is the Disposition fee?
    3-Have you found any dealers willing to neg on them?

Thanks!
  • mw12mw12 Member Posts: 5
    2014 RDX (no Tech Pkg). Cap cost $34,300. MF is .0015. Residual is 60% for 36 months, 15K/year. Monthly payment is $449. Taxes, title, etc extra. This is without down payment to reduce cap cost. What do you think of this lease? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.