Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Interior and Passenger Comfort Questions

2»

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I know my 2007 came with two remotes and two keys. Honestly couldn't say if this was standard or if it was the fact that we've been buying Nissans/Datsuns from the same dealership and salesman since 1979.
  • flavifeflavife Member Posts: 20
    Every car I have purchased new had had 2 keys and remotes. My 2009 Versa bought in Feb-09 came with two keys and two remotes. If you bought the Versa new they owe you a second key for free; accept nothing less than a free second key.

Frank
    09 Versa sedan MT-6 34.5 MPG average over 5800 miles
  • athertonatherton Member Posts: 9
    Two remotes, and two keys.

I made the dealer give me two extra keys, also programmed, for a total of four programmed keys and two programmed remotes.

They all have to be together and programmed at the same time, to make them all the same.

After learning about the keys, I knew more about them than the dealer technicians, and had to teach them how they work, and when they aren't supposed to work.
  • winwin008winwin008 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Nissan Versa with a little over 50k miles. A few months ago my rear defroster stopped working. I took it to Nissan and they told me that they would need to do diagnostic and it could take all day. I passed. Now just recently when you turn the heat and use the fan, the A/C wont turn off. It used to be able to turn off by pressing the button, but now it stays on. Has anyone ran into this problem or knows how to fix this or what is wrong? Thanks
  • deejaypeedeejaypee Member Posts: 1
    Hi - could you email to me the digital photos. We use the car to transport our dogs to local dog events with travel time less that 2 hours. We just got a 4th
    dog and we need more space.

Dave Proe
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    We have had a Versa 4 door sedan w 1.6L motor, AC, & cruise. The seats are very comfortable, the ride quiet & smooth, & handling better than I expected based on reading many reviews. Power from the 1.6 was also better than expected with no problems keeping up in the city, freeway & climbing several steep, long grades.
    I would definitely consider the Versa for a economical,, basic transportation rig (preferably as a hatchback). My main concern is would be that it seems to have developed a unreliable reputation.
  • nissanman5nissanman5 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a nissan Versa, And other than a few minor issues, minor issue number one, when I turn on the air or while I am driving down the road I hear
    a noise like the air is restricted from comming out, this can range from total failure
    to partial failure, It seems like shutting it off and letting it sit for awhile might be the ticket.. But I am looking for a fix if anyone know what is going on please give a shout. it restrict the air flow from the defrost vent and at the bottom when you turn it on the heat. There must be a fault part, the part that switches the vent to be wide open instead of closed, had a little problem like this on my montana van, would not
    open all the way for vent, but thats another story, thanks fro your help in advance.
    2007 nissan versa, thanks
  • mac4lbmac4lb Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2010 versa 2 months ago and already have a problem with the AC. I took it to the dealer complaining it was making a loud clunking or grinding noise when I turned it on. They said it was the compressor and ordered a new one. I took it back and they installed the new compressor but after the 2nd day, it's doing it again. Has anyone else had this problem? Now I have to go back to see what they say this time. I've also noticed the engine seems to run a little rough at times and the car is slow to accelerate. It's a bit frustrating since this is w brand new car. Anyone have any input?
  • evan1212evan1212 Member Posts: 1
    I JUST purchased my first brand new car, and as I was driving along it felt as if the A/C clutch was turning on and off. It would blow ice cold, then the compressor would turn off for about 3 seconds, and then it would kick in again (I can feel it doing this while driving) and blow ice cold again. This does this on any setting at any time, continuously- over and over, off and on, off and on. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
    There certainly will be times that you'll feel the AC compressor kick on or off, but it shouldn't be doing that continuously as you describe. Since it's brand new, you should definitely go back to the dealer and show them what it's doing. They should correct that for you at no charge.

When we bought our 2007 Versa, it was February. We didn't discover until the weather got warm enough that there was a leak in the AC system and it wasn't cooling. Dealer fixed it, no problem. Haven't had any issues with our 2010 at all.
  • crown5crown5 Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone had sporadic valve noise on their Nissan versa, mrd 18 engine?
    Our seems to have this problem sometimes at road speeds whether cold or warm.
    2800 km. Would it improve as engine breaks in?
  • CyndeeTCyndeeT Member Posts: 2
    YUP on startup cool weather even warm weather & I have my Nissan serviced religously by the dealer OIL & all ... hmmm TG it's under warranty 'cause I do believe it will be a problem I only have 14k on it :sick:
    edited October 2010
    Well it sort of sounds like valve noise anyway, but I've noticed that the Versa engine is a bit noisier this way than the Sentras and Altimas I have owned. My 2007 Versa has almost 85,000 miles on it and is going along just fine. The 2010 is just over 12,000 and performing just as well. Both get that "valve noise" occasionally, but if it really were a low oil or valve problem, I'm pretty sure something would have should up on the 2007 for sure.

New car, new noises to get used to! ;)
    Right especially if valves are sticking.
    It seems lubrication is hit and miss to create such conditions.
    Get ready to litigate later.
    Our 2010 came with two keys including remote lock.
    If you can find 09 documentation on the web(specs and accessory list) it may mention if two keys and remotes come as standard equipment.
    Put a bottle of injector/combustion chamber cleaner and drove about 50 miles.
    Sounds good now.
    I had a friend suggest that factory or dealer gas in the tank could be stale and form gum deposits.
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone know if the seat bottom height adjustment that's on the Versa SL can be adapted to the seat of an S?
    I really wish the seat was lower, but i had to have the manual shift.
    You may have to change the whole seat plus if any electrical including seat belt warning syst. would have to be connected. Talk to a body shop or auto wrecking place
  • gescamillagescamilla Member Posts: 1
    Mine is exactly in the same predicament. I just turned 50K and the a/c switch stays on; cannot turn it off. Will go off if I turn the blower off, but that's it. Have not contacted the dealership, yet. Trying to resolve by myself.
  • blendiablendia Member Posts: 1
    The a/c and rear defroster are on the same system. You will have to replace this part. Mine quit when it was still under warranty and it took 4 months to get parts. All of this was in the winter when I needed it.
  • luke33luke33 Member Posts: 1
    Ten miles from the dealership, my brand new 2010 Versa manifested its first of several intermittent rattles. They all come from various places under the dash and I have made many, many trips to the dealer over the last 2 1/2 years in an effort to chase them down. Only one has been remedied. I HATE intermittent problems because they rarely occur when the service manager drives it. You end up looking like a whiner. All the trips to the dealer (30 miles from my home) finally wore me out. My 2001 Sentra, with 170,000 miles, actually has fewer rattles! Nissan customer service is friendly, but they basically just run you in circles, back to the dealership.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or did I get Nissan's only "Monday morning" car?