Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Navigation System Questions

123457»

Comments

• shan14shan14 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my camrey Hybrid Navigation dvd stuck when i placed diffrent dvd. i see your post to disconnect negative port is that the one from battery. do i need to disconnect and then start or i need to place it back. please help me with this issue.
  • katydogkatydog Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid and the nav system just stopped giving me the voice commands. All else works fine but no sound. Dealer says I need a new system. Any other thoughts or reasons? Maybe the microphone? Help, please.
  • nj68444nj68444 Member Posts: 1
    repair156@yahoo.com did an excellent job repairing my navi. system quickly and returning it back to me. Cost was substantially less than the dealer. I highly recommend him.
  • pshecketpshecket Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know how to STOP the navigation before you get to your destination? We cannot figure this out. It's not only an issue of the voice, we want to STOP the route, the whole thing- before we have arrived at the destination. Please help!
  • mpg100mpg100 Member Posts: 2
    Under the MAP button.... Look on the screen for a "Delete Destination" button. This will stop your current trip.
  • mdchachimdchachi Member Posts: 275
    Depending on what system you have, you should be able to delete from the destination entry screen or from the Route button located on the map screen.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    If you have a destination loaded, and you are following it on the map screen, all you have to do is push the MENU button and you will see the choice to SUSPEND NAV.. Touch it and that is it. It will gave you a choice to RESUME NAV. if you want to. hope this helps.
  • loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    IF you want to just stop the voice-over directions for part of the trip that you don't need, just turn down the voice level for the Navigation voice--
    you should still have no problem with radio but don't know about bluetooth feature

IF you want to pause/suspend the guidance altogether then others have suggested how...
    if you delete the trip, the destination address will still be in the menu so you won't have to re-enter it if you want to use it again...
  • pat85pat85 Member Posts: 92
    You have to be stopped to input your nav system. Hit the map button, then turn off system. You can then close screen. This will not delete the destination. Others have told you how to delete destination.
  • nathansgarnernathansgarner Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Just recently bought a factory navigation from an 07 toyota camry, not hybrid. I can't seem to get it to locate where I currently am and also my auxillary doesn't work now. Does anybody know how to fix either of these problems or how to install correctly?
  • crooner7crooner7 Member Posts: 2
    Well, fast forward to 2013....our 2012 navigation system on our Camry is STILL junk and the Nuvi still much, much better.
  • knarlydknarlyd Member Posts: 5
    Is the NUVI a replacement for the entire Toyo OEM Nav System? I have an 07 Camry Hybrid.
    Mine may be failing as sometimes the screen does not come on at all (has happened 3x's.)
    I may be looking at a failure in the not too distant future.

Also, it appears that using voice commands to provide routing addressing is pretty much useless on this system?
  • crooner7crooner7 Member Posts: 2
    No, the Nuvi is just a standalone GPS. I used it on a recent trip in tandem with the Toyota system to compare. The Nuvi consistently provided the better and more accurate routing.

The voice command is useless because it fails the vast majority of the time because it is hypersensitive to road noise.