Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Trailblazer Brakes and Rotors

neumie14neumie14 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I recently bought an '03 Trailblazer LS with 20" wheels on it. I need to get some new routers since they have become warped. Does anyone know if there are any GM routers that are larger that would work with the components on my TB? I'm worried that the larger wheels are too much for the stock routers. Thanks!

Comments

• neumie14neumie14 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, I was way asleep this morning when I wrote this...I'm looking for ROTORS, not routers! Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We, er, adjusted the discussion title and gave you a brake. :-)

I keep dropping my router from its perch on my monitor, but it hasn't warped yet, lol.
  • neumie14neumie14 Member Posts: 3
    Hahaha! Thanks!
  • tentrouttentrout Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone responded regarding the rotors on your TB? I just purchased an '04 last nite and feel the brakes are pulsing way too much, even for ABS. Chuck!
  • usnadadusnadad Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Trailblazer with ABS brakes. Several times now my brakes have become excessively hot in normal driving of only a few miles. So hot that the friction has caused me to have to use lower gears to limp home. All four wheels are so hot that water will sizzle on he rims. The GM dealer is scratching his head, and no I didn't forget the emergency brake. I am an experienced back yard mechanic and this has me perplexed. I am thinking a valve in the master cylinder must be sticking if there are any? Any help is appreciated. Mr. Goodwrench needs a tutor!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I'm just curious - have you had any work done on your brakes recently? I'm just wondering whether incompatible parts were put in. Also, is it possible something is restricting airflow around the brakes?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jake223jake223 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my TB about 6 mos ago and I can't find any front Brake Proformance parts for it can anyone help???
  • jake223jake223 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if you can controll the rear Air ride suspension manually if so please tell. Thanks
  • johnnyk1johnnyk1 Member Posts: 1
    The brakes on my 02 Trailblazer are locking down while driving. Car shakes and uses lower gears on high rpms to limp off highway. I can cool the drum/rotors at a carwash-lots of heat and smoke-afterwhich they 'unlock' and work for awhile. Does not seem to ever happen if road is wet. One mechanic suggested a possible sensor problem. Said each wheel had one and no way to tell which might be bad. ($250 each). All brakes go on and try to stop car--if I take my foot off the gas, the car stops just like my foot is on the brake pedel.
This discussion has been closed.