Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Murano

leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Nissan
:confuse: When is the new 2007 Murano will be out? i heard something about September? is it true??

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Usually... ;)

Check out the new concept Murano, probably for the future, BY CLICKING HERE
  • leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
    the new 2007 murano offical web site is out today!
    http://www.nissanusa.com/murano/
    Too early for them to bring back the Copper, I guess.... :cry:
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    So, what are the significant changes in the new 2007 Mo?
    None.

Changed some colors.

Features of the 2007 Murano include:
    Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    Driver and passenger seatbelt warning lamps

Major redesign and changes most likely will be in 2010/11 as it is already pretty forward in design over all that have followed/copied. :)
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I hoped Traction Control and Vehicle Dynamic Control come standard for SL and SE. :(
    It should, I think.

But then I cannot understand why anyone would buy a two wheel drive Murano, when they can get the AWD. So what do I know! :P
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    why anyone would buy a two wheel drive Murano, when they can get the AWD.

Perhaps for better gas mileage? Nah! Perish the thought. :shades:

tidester, host
    One mile per gallon? :surprise:

Someone concerned over that difference should have bought a cheaper car! :P
    Hey, I tried! :)

tidester, host
  • haropharop Member Posts: 59
    When the 07 model will become available?
    In my area some dealers are talking about end of September or beginning of October. Others are November, December and
    even January next year. One dealer said they had one but it was for the GM to test drive.
    Also, is it like some models will be available in the beginning and others at the later time? I am decided on SE preferably with Leather/Sunroof package or even Touring Pkg. Cannot wait to get one :)

Will defenetelly consider having VDC and traction control. Do you think it is a good idea with SE AWD? I think it may interfare with driving and not let to get all the fun. Anybody knows if these systems can be turned off (fully?).
    Well it is very hard to get sales people to give you an honest answer about when they will get the 2007's in stock with several 2006's sitting on the lot which the hope to make you a "great" deal on, eh? All dealers will start getting shipments in this month. Christmas is a "high demand" holiday for cars, and they will not be left empty handed by Nissan.

Test drive a 2006...some prefer the ride in the SL above the SE, which is rather more stiff. And the SL is by no means mushy at all. I am on my 3rd MO, and have had it both ways. Also, I suggest you seriously consider both the Touring and Technology Packages, along with the XM factory/dealer install. And for God's sake, get an AWD model!

If you have made up your mind, now really is the perfect time to make a deal and order your car the way you want it to be, exactly, rather than take what you are forced to on the lot.... ;)
  • bkonbkon Member Posts: 1
    What about blue tooth? Is it available in the m2007 model?

--bkon
    You tech guys need to give it a rest. :P

Buy yourself a Bluetooth headset and be done with it! LOL
  • leslienationleslienation Member Posts: 41
    well!! it is different then u buy one from the street and they install one in car. b/c u can use your steer wheel to control and answer all the call and volumn and even voice activate too. :shades:
    I had no idea!

How in the world have I lived without being able to use my wireless headset without controlling the volume from the steering wheel! :surprise:

Now I just feel so deprived..... :cry:
  • alanpghalanpgh Member Posts: 13
    Here's what works for me:
    Verizon Wireless Motorola RAZR V3m
    and Nokia CK-7W Car Kit. Bought my car kit about 6 mo. ago from Logjam Electronics for about $130. This phone/car kit combination works spectacularly in Bluetooth Mode. Also, I purchased a mounting unit for the phone for my '06 Murano from www.proclipusa.com.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Alan
  • haropharop Member Posts: 59
    Seems they are ariving, and my local dealer has one, according to nissanusa.com.
    WOOT!! :)
  • alanpghalanpgh Member Posts: 13
    The '07s are starting to show up in dealer inventory in the Pittsburgh area.

Please let us know if any of you see an '07 at a dealer. Also, can you see any differences between the '06 and '07?

Thanks,
    Alan
  • markandayamarkandaya Member Posts: 1
    We ordered our '07 last month. They told us at the dealership that it would be built in Sept. and here in Oct. We're from Canada, but I imagine that the shipping date would be any different.
    Hmmmm, you mean in Canada it's the same day as here? :P
    you mean in Canada it's the same day as here?

That depends on where "here" is and how you spend your days. ;)

tidester, host
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is looking to speak current or previous large SUV owners that are looking to or have downsized to smaller SUVs or crossover vehicles. Please provide your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 20, 2006.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Will the 2008 Murano be the redesign year for the vehicle? It has been out in its present form for 5 years now but I am not sure if Nissan is on a 5 year redesign schedule.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I can tell you here in the Tampa, Fl area you
    might find one or two AWD's and the rest of the
    Muranos on the lots are gonna be FWD's. In
    Florida it's just not that big of a deal to
    have an AWD vehicle.
    I would imagine so. Sometimes people don't quite understand AWD is a great advantage for rain, which Florida had plenty of last time I checked.

It is quite a common misconception that AWD or 4 Wheel Drive is only for off-roading in forests or places where it snows. :)
  • vns1018vns1018 Member Posts: 3
    Someone asked this question earlier, but I didn't see a response. Does anyone know if Nissan will be redesigning the Murano in 08? I'd hate to buy a car that is redesigned the following year.
  • zozkzozk Member Posts: 7
    I am in the market to buy Murano in the Seattle area. I don't want to spent hours at the dealership haggling prices. Has anyone purchased Murano in the Seattle area recently (last 6 months)? If yes, please share details of dealership you went to, price you paid, options you added and general experiences. Thanks much.
  • crowartcrowart Member Posts: 25
    Will run-flat tires ever be made available?

Right now, "TireRack" doesn't list any being manufactured in the right size for the Murano.
  • dignan1dignan1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any best practices on how to use an Ipod with your Murano? I cant believe they have a tape deck and no mp3 or auxiliary input port.

Huge Dissatisfier.

Thanks!
  • azlonghorn1azlonghorn1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 2007 Murano SL AWD with nav. Living in Denver, we deal with a lot of icy/snowy conditions. To me, the VDC package appears to be unnecessary with AWD. Anyone else comment on driving in snowy or icy condition with or without the VDC. Thanks
  • ximuiximui Member Posts: 1
    I live Columbus, Ohio. Im looking for a 2007 Murano SL AWD. I came to couple dealers around my location. But they drove meh crazy when they showed meh the ODT price. It was about 37K. Does any1 know any dealer whom i can get a good deal . and i also interested in a 2007 RAV4 limited 4x4 V6 ( w/ leather heated seat and moonroof) the lowest price is 30,150 (ODT). Don't know which one i should buy. Plz give me an advice.
    Thankz
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    Depending on what options you want, $37k doesn't sound too bad. It's about invoice. Check out the TVM calculator in edmunds. Although, keep in mind that there's $1000 rebate right now.

I think you can probably do better than $37k. Good luck.
  • mike1111mike1111 Member Posts: 93
    I had the same problem choosing between the two you mentiond.I was dead set on the RAV4 V6 Limited till i drove both.The RAV is nice but it was a tad small for us.The Murano fit the bill just right with plenty of power and much more comfort.I live just North of Cincinnati and i got the 07 Murano AWD at Falhaber Nissan on Colrain ave for 34,700 OTD.I got the Touring package with roof rails and sun roof deflector.It depends on what you want when you make the move.The RAV is smaller has more HP but is no where near as comfortable IMO.The Murano is still a head turner and is a real nice ride.Im glad i went with the Murano.
  • spaceman210spaceman210 Member Posts: 50
    Do the Murano nav. screens show auxiliary data (latitude/longitude, altitude, tire pressures) like the Pathfinder, or just a moving map display?
    Consumer Reports has always described the Murano as having a stiff, noisy ride. I haven't seen other magazine reviews describe it in that fashion. Comments?
  • mike1111mike1111 Member Posts: 93
    I have had mine for a couple months now 2800 miles.The only thing i would describe as stiff is if you hit a large pot hole.Other than that it rides very smooth imo.I find the ride to be very nice all around.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    The ride is my only (small) complaint about this car. It is quiet, smooth as "butta", but a little harsh over rough patches in the road. In the old days you could have a vehicle that handled well or one with a luxo ride. Given the physics I think the Murano does a fine job of doing both. For the record and despite it's universal high marks, every review I read suggests Lexus RX350 compromises handling to ride comfort. Lexus may have made the better decision as few people drive these cross-overs near the limits. My wife has an 07 RX and it has an easier ride. MHO
    Thanks all -
  • bmarsonbmarson Member Posts: 2
    Looking for someone that has experienced installing fog lamps on a 2007 Mirano S model? Dealer says it can't be done. I disagree..
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    I have a 07 Murano w/intelligent key. I red the manual and says that I should get 2 sets of intelligent keys and a valet key. I did not receive the valet key, just the 2 remotes with its mechanical keys. I called my salesperson and told me that there is not a valet key when you have the intelligent key system. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Its not a big deal but I would like to know from other owners. Thanks!!
  • buppersbuppers Member Posts: 25
    There definitely IS a valet key and you should have received it when you picked up the vehicle. Picked up my '07 Murano on Friday and was given two of the annoying intelligent keys and one valet key. Make 'em give it to you! They cost a fortune if you decide to get one later.
  • lanregunlanregun Member Posts: 4
    What da heck is an intelligent/valet key?
  • buppersbuppers Member Posts: 25
    The valet key is a separate, more traditional, key that will work on everything except the glovebox. It is programmed, but not part of the intelligent key fob. The "intelligent" key is a great example of technology run amok. Has no real benefit, but adds complexity and confusion to what should be simple tasks of opening doors and starting your car. If it was a separate feature, I doubt many would pay for it.
  • droodroo Member Posts: 35
    Just out of curiosity, what is complex and confusing about it? I haven't had to pull a key ring out of my pocket to drive for a year and a half now; when I get a rental without this feature, now THAT'S annoying. OK, it's not absolutely perfect, but I love it.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    After 6 months and despite the slightly stiff ride, this car is (dollar for dollar) about as good as it gets. Milage is pretty darn good (mid 18's around town). It is identical option for option to my wife's 07 RX350 (less the power lift-gate and whiz-bang auto wheel adjustment). At 82 cubic feet cargo space isn't all that much a compromise to my old Tahoe. It is quiet, rattle free, and smooth as "butta". The Bose stereo is as good as I've owned. The keyless entry is a cute novelty although I could live without it. The CVT works fine for me; however, it is counter-intuative to a vehicle aimed in every other way at being a sports car that happens to have a big cargo area. It's a great vehicle.
  • shannonlinyshannonliny Member Posts: 6
    There's two sets of Keys. The extra key is considered the valet key.
This discussion has been closed.