Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    A long armed TJ with good shocks and springs (OME) will ride pretty darn good. :)

-Paul
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    The ads (both print and TV) feature 1/2 doors prominently . A POX ON DC for not having a suitable inventory this far into new car year . And shame on dealers who try to get us to pick up the leftovers .
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    Got a call from salesman today. He says my order is now at "...Build Status" level. Sounds like more b.s. nonsense. Anyone familiar with that rerm ? Thanks.
    After yesterday's game I should change my Forum Name !
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    And I was wondering what Giant Sin you had in '06........ :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    As xscout pointed out... you can just do something REALLY bad in the next 12 days and legitimately keep your member ID as-is :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Each of you is verrrry punny !
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    The Daimler-Chrysler assistance line informs me that my Rubicon is in D-1 status ; the salesman says it'll be here in 5 weeks . So far it's been 1) 6 week wait (ended yesterday ) , 2) won't be built until 01/31/07 , and now 3)delvery on 01/31/07 . What have I learned ? It'll probably change next week.
  • cohighlandercohighlander Member Posts: 6
    Yup, the "truth" changes. I kinda figured that the optimistic delivery date that the salesman gave you folks was bullcorn. Like I said, when I picked up my 4-door Sahara just before Thanksgiving that I ordered in early September, the president of Jasper Jeep told me that DC would not give him any idea of when his new personal orders would be delivered.
    My "build" is still in D-1 status . Has anyone else gotten a 2007 order yet ?
    Salesman called today (what did I tell you !? ). Says status is now READY TO SHIP. I am moderately excited....oh,Hell...I'm very excited ! ;)
    :) Met a lady Friday who had a 2007 Rescue Green 4-door Sahara.She loves her car , although there's been little need to put it through its 4-wheel paces with our meager winter so far . She ordered in Sept. and took delivery on Dec. 8.
    I received a call from Salesman last night. He says the next time he calls me (sometime this week) it will be to announce that my 2007 Rubicon has finally arrived .Unfortunately , I have squandered the down payment and tax money on Lottery Tickets............NAH ! :P
    I got the call today ! This Rubicon is gorgeous ! I pick it up Monday (current lease inspection;plates transfer ;cleaning up current lease's appearance ). All told it took NINE weeks from signing to delivery...although it seemed much longer . :):)
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    It looks like it's going to be a rough weekend! :D
  • nolid5nolid5 Member Posts: 148
    Congratulations! Post some pics when you get a chance. Oh, and sorry about the Giants :P
  • fireplace64fireplace64 Member Posts: 6
    I ordered November 11 and am still waiting.......hoping its going to be a good new year with my unlimited sahara...
    Give me your e-mail address and I'll send some Mon. or Tues. :)
    Pictures ready to send;just tell me where. :)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Set up your CarSpace.com page with your Giantsin06 user name and your password and it's easy to copy photos from your computer to the albums there. And we'll all be able to admire your new Rubi. :shades:
    Thanks for the suggestion, Steve . I think they are now posted under GIANTSin06 and GIANTSin06JEEP.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    What's all that white stuff on the ground? :shades:

Here's the direct link to the album.
  • middleageguymiddleageguy Member Posts: 42
    That's an great looking Rubicon. I still like the look of the 2 door better than the 4 doors.
  • nolid5nolid5 Member Posts: 148
    Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics. Have fun in the snow while it lasts.
  • 2climbbig2climbbig Member Posts: 20
    Great picture... where's the mud ;)
  • gdh3gdh3 Member Posts: 28
    I am seriously considering trading my 05 Unlimited Rubicon Manual for the 07 two door auto Rubicon. Please tell me (us) your initial impressions or you new beatiful Rubicon!
    Some early observations : back seat is almost inacessible .In my 2001 it was dificult to get in back , but this one (partly due to seatbelt configuration) is nearly impossible . If you need to transport kids or ,particularly , other adults , take a long look at the Unlimited . Of course , in the summer , with the top off : WHO CARES ! :P
    Thank you for that consideration!
    gh
    I'm sure you have your reasons for considering the automatic, but I would never (pardon the pun) switch from stick !
    Single digit temperatures , snow of over 20 inches total (this week and more on the way :D ) and I'm FOUR-WHEELING all over ! Nothing can stop this Rubicon ! :)
    Shame on me for misspelling INACCESSIBLE ! :P
  • fhrabetinfhrabetin Member Posts: 34
    I'm considering a 4 door Sahara Unlimited later this year but the MPG is an issue. Does anyone have real world information on this model, either 6 speed manual or auto. I would appreciate the feedback, Thanks-
    Frank
    I know what your saying, unfortunately my wife doesn't like (scared to drive manual in heavy traffic) the manual. I will miss it. BTW how is the ABS working in all that snow?? My 05 does not have ABS.
    gh
    The Rubicon got 15.8 M.P.G. on first tank in mostly terrible weather in western ,N.Y. Much of that was in 4-Wheel .I have 6 speed...I find that cruising along I often forget that there's a 5th and 6th Gear. :blush:
  • cohighlandercohighlander Member Posts: 6
    Frank, I got my Sahara Unlimited with the 4-speed auto at Thanksgiving and drove it from GA to CO right away. Averaged 17-18 MPG on the highway/interstate at 70-75 MPH. I live at 8500’ here in Colorado and drive down to Colorado Springs at 6K’ everyday. Depending on how I push it and the weather, I still average 17-18 MPG up and down the mountain, sometimes better. (And that is using the “manual” calculations of gallons into miles. The computer runs about 2 MPG high) I’ve had about 5 feet of snow up here on the north side of Pikes Peak and drove to work everyday with the standard issue all-weather tires that came on it. Of course it would have done better with some snow tires or mudders but it has been excellent in it’s stock configuration. And the ABS are great! What a great improvement.
    Great picture... where's the mud

The mud is under 20+ inches of snow ! I can't wait to get at it. :mad:
  • lyaxlyax Member Posts: 1
    I just got mine and it rocks!!! I wanted the Rescue Green Metallic color but the dealership that i have been working with had a configuration on the Bright Silver Metallic, so I took it. Didn't want to wait 9 more weeks. And it was a good choice.

Drives great. Only thing that has not been working for us here in Austin is the weather. Now, what i'm working on is the lift. That will make it even a sweeter ride. Lots of people keep confusing it with the H3.

For some that asked here if you can sleep in it, you definitely can.
  • fireplace64fireplace64 Member Posts: 6
    Still waiting for my unlimited sahara since Nov. 11. My dealer gave me my VIN late lasat week, called chrysler's 800 number to try and get some information. The guy was nice but told me that he didn't even have my VIN registered. Will wait for another couple of days then call again.

11+ weeks and still waiting!!
    I can't blame you for being impatient . They over-advertised and were not prepared for the orders . I found out just 10 minutes ago that the BLUETOOTH icon on the dash (that the salesman said was part of the package) was not installed and was never supposed to be. When it comes down to it we're at THEIR mercy and THEIR convenience...Of course, in the summer, with the top off...WHO CARES ! :P
  • dropladropla Member Posts: 1
    ONE COMMENT: The expensive modular top...LEAKS and Chrysler does not respond to your inquiry or complaints. :mad:
  • newjeepgirlnewjeepgirl Member Posts: 7
    Oh NO! That sucks. i'm sorry. Now i understand why they offer the dual top package.
  • debnjohndebnjohn Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new '07 Wrangler X with just the c pkg, and am looking to upgrade the wheels and tires(225/75/16) to something bigger. Most of our driving is road/hwy commuting, but there are a lot of short, but nice trails around the Hill Country here west of Austin Tx. Not much mud, but lots of limestone ledge hill climbing. Since it's new, no real steep climbs for this baby yet.
    If I were to stay with 16" rims, I'm looking at BFG All Terrain T/A KO or maybe the BFG Rugged Trail T/A. The size Discount Tire shows as the Wrangler upgrade is either the 255/70/16 or 265/70/16. The 265's look like 10.5" wide x 30.6" tall. Is it safe to assume there will be enough clearance with the 265's to not have to adjust the steering stop? Has anyone tried this with the '07?
    If I went up to 17" rims, will the 255/70/17 or 255/75/17 fit? Does the X have the same clearance as the Sahara which comes with the 255/75/17?
    I just filled up with gas....on 2nd tank , my Rubi got 17.1 M.P.G. I was in 4 Wheel less this time. :blush:
  • pkearpkear Member Posts: 26
    :shades: I have the same model in auto transmission 2wd with the 18 inch tires. I have been driving the kids back and forth to school in stop and go traffic every day as well as having made a couple of 200 mile round trips and am getting about 20 MPG average. I would assume a manual transmisson if shifted properly would (as they do) get better mileage. I also figure you would lose a couple of miles per gallon with the 4X4 and even more operating in 4wd (it's the price you pay). I will have more info on strictly Hwy MPG in about two weeks as we will be heading south on I-95 for about 600 miles.
    :confuse: Dude I walked in a couple of weeks ago tried one out and walked out with it. They have several to choose from both in color, model and option package around here at many dealerships. I bet the shortage is a northern thing because we don't have the snow around here just mud.
    Where are you located ? :D
  • otchotch Member Posts: 2
    I am about to purchase my first Jeep Wrangler - a 2007 four dour Rubicon. I am really struggling between the full doors, with power windows and locks, vs the half doors. I believe the half doors look a lot better than the full frame, but am concerned about the hassle factor. Any advise from Wrangler owners with good or bad experiences? As an aside, I live in Michigan, so I will only be taking the full top off for 4 or 5 months.
    Thanks,
    Especially with the Four door , the clean look of the half doors is striking compared to the full ones. I'd get the half doors every trip of the train . Because, when it's summer and the top is off YOU CARE ! ;)
    J.C. Whitney (and others , including eBay) will sell you replacement half-door tops that have sliding windows . Those seem like an adequate compromise .
    Moncks Corner, SC and I went to the Hoover dealership there. There is a dealer in North Charleston, SC like 20 min away that has several models.
    By the time summer rolls around you will most likely be able to get aftermarket Half doors. Right now Bestop is offering the Safari style biminis for them using a no drill adapter for around $150 total. I plan on getting one and half doors in a couple of months. I chose to get a hardtop full door model because winters around here get rainy and cool. If I lived where you are it would be a no brainer. What you need to keep in mind when you purchase any vehicle is the worst possible conditions you will be driving in. The beauty about a jeep is they are a convertable for nice weather and to top that off the aftermarket accessories allow you to make it your own way while still having the factory stock tops and doors for winter.
This discussion has been closed.