Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

buttabutta Member Posts: 44
edited June 2014 in GMC
This forum was created for those people who are
interested in the upcoming luxury SUV's from both
Cadillac and GMC.

For more detailed info please check out Clifford
Martins site at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~clifford/Yukon.htm#Defects

Comments

• cwmartincwmartin Member Posts: 89
    Here is a picture of the 2001 Cadillac Escalade

By the way, the main page of my web site is at http://www.mindspring.com/~clifford/Yukon.htm I have a sub-page devoted to just the new design Denali and Escalades.
  • larssunlarssun Member Posts: 14
    I have sold my 2000 Ford Excursion.(I thought I
    would never say it, but it was to big).

My dealer won't order one because he don't see the
    need to order one because the get a few and nobody wants them.
    I am looking for a high volume dealer in the north east. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Lars
  • buttabutta Member Posts: 44
    If your talking about the '01 Escalade. I spoke to my local Caddy dealar and he tells me the Escalade won't be available until mid-spring of
    2001. He suspects a production problem since all GM SUV's are now built on the same platform.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    when posting pictures, it is recommended that it be a hidden response for people who have slower connections...read your user agreement!!
    who wants to look a that hideous thing called an Escalade. I think GM blew it big time on this one.
    I don't know, I thought the same thing about the new bodystyle Yukon,Tahoe,Yukon XL, and Sub. untill I began to see them on the street. Now I think GM did a really good job.
    The '01 Escalade will probably take some getting used to, but it should still be a great seller.
    didn't someone say the same thing about the Edsel?
  • mccluremcclure Member Posts: 1
    Anybody order one yet. I understand orders could start on July 11. If so, what was the price?
    Just reread the user agreement and I see nothing about how posts are to be made for pictures. I agree that pictures should be limited in size for people with slow connections and small screens, but there is nothing about posting them in hidden responses.

Sorry you don't like it, but most people appreciate small pictures, especially since this forum's topic includes the term 'pics'.
    Has anyone gotten any updated info on the availability of either SUV?
    Posting an Image Inside a Response
    If it is appropriate to a conference and discussion, you may embed images in your responses by proper use of the HTML tag image . If your image is large and takes some time to download, it is courteous to use the Hide feature on the response that holds the image, and to post an additional response to let other users know what that the image is there so they can look at it if they choose to do so.

cwmartin-
    FYI
    It is not that I don't like it. I have a T1 connection so even a large pic file wouldn't bother me...just thinking of others
  • larssunlarssun Member Posts: 14
    Talked to my dealer and they can take orders for a
    Denali now and the XL starting in Sept. But he
    had very little info on options, and delivery dates
    Lars
  • dtmmddtmmd Member Posts: 7
    I actually spoke to a GM rep yesterday who seemed fairly clueless as to ordering info for 2001 denali xl, colors ( "maybe they're just like last year"), production dates ( "I'm guessing October, but could be later"), and price. I've gotten more information from these boards and from Clifford Martin's site than GM site, dealers, and rep combined. If only the Mercedes ML 430 were a little bigger!
    Should the same ordering availability hold true for the entire US? If so you can put me down for one.

P.S. Any news on the '01 Escalade?
  • joelisjoelis Member Posts: 315
    GM needs to get rid of its current "Take it or Leave it" attitude, before I will be buying another GM product. Its amazing how many people continue to give in to this nonsense. I guess that is why GM feels it does not have to change its ways. I hope more people will wake up as time goes on.
    Found these pics posted on a local Caddy dealers site. The site says the new Escalade won't be available until winter of '01. Seems like an awful long wait.

http://www.crestviewcaddy.com/other/concepts/escalade_2002.html
  • mbml55amgmbml55amg Member Posts: 57
    I have always thought the Denali/Escalade twins were the best looking SUVs available, & was shocked that they were not the first to use the New Platform. While I am very happy to see them built on the New Platform for 2001, & especially glad to see the Yukon L Denali added to the formula, I am not at all fond of the Escalade's front end treatment. The 2001 Yukon Denali looks fine, not any better than the 2000 model to me, but the chassis upgrades will be well worth waiting for. Good luck to all. We will be looking @ adding a Yukon Denali XL to our garage very soon. I am excited that GM saw it fit to offer the 6.0 in the Denalis, wonderful move IMO.
    Does anyone know why GM refuses to offer its luxo SUV in 2wd versions?
    It would be a strong seller for those of us who would rarely take a 40K+ vehicle off-road (not to mention the lower costs). Seems as if the GM boys are still thinking a bit behind the big blue oval and its luxury spin-off.
    This info was sent to me straight for a Caddy dealership owner:
    "The '02 Escalade is scheduled to start production this December which means we should have them available for sale late January. I'm not sure what colors/options will be available at the beginning, nor the price.
    The new Escalade will be based on the new Yukon/Tahoe chassis but the Cadillac will have a 345 HP 6.0L engine. The only options are
    choice of color, two interiors and sunroof. Third row seating is standard as is leather seats."

Hope it helps.
    what ever happened to the '01 models?
    According to the dealership, Cadillac will consider the new Escalade an '02 model.
    Similar to what Ford did with the Sport Trac and I believe the Excursion
    As of this morning, July 27, the pictures of the new Escalade are no longer at the CrestView web site.
    It actually happened a few days ago. I have strong reason to believe "someone" from the dealership is a regular reader of this forum and doesn't want Cadillac HQ to see that they've been sneaking pics of their ultra secret new Escalade to everyone on the 'net.
    I say be a rogue and give the public what they want! Perhaps it will generate an additional sale or two or twenty. Then again it could also get you in big trouble. Go figure!
    If anyone is interested in pics send me an email. I was able to save a few before the "big coverup"
  • michaelmayomichaelmayo Member Posts: 3
    hey what is you email address?
  • coldhardcashcoldhardcash Member Posts: 13
    ... so everyone can see them.
    butta send me copies of the pictures. This weekend I will post them to my web site along with a couple of pictures I scanned out of Automotive News.
    I have been asked by the person who owns the pictures that Crestview Cadillac had posted, to hold off posting any of those pictures for copyright reasons for a few weeks. I have to honor copyright requests, so I will not post those pictures for the requested period of time. Sorry.

Clifford
    I'm sure that person is very greatful for your discretion.

FYI-I believe the current issue of Motor Trend has a pic of the new Escalade and a few specs.

Also, I am told that the official release time for the Escalade is sometime in the 3rd week of August.
    Are these the '02 models that you were referring to?
    The next generation Escalade will be considered an '02 model.
  • pahnke23pahnke23 Member Posts: 6
    can someone please email me and tell me where to find them?
    You can either check out the current issue of Motor Trend for a pic and some basic info, wait a few weeks for Caddy's official release, or email me and I'll send you what I was able to capture off the net.
  • phlphl Member Posts: 15
    Finally found a GMC dealer who had a clue, wanted my business and had an allocation --placed an order for me(I have the six digit order code) - TPW is 9/11. Couldn’t find an invoice price for the 2001 Denali but made an invoice plus deal---MSRP is 46,650 only option is sunroof 900 +color. A big thank you to Clifford for all the terrific information in posts and on your site as well as everyone else on this board for making me much smarter.
    Is the order for a 2001 Denali or Denali XL?
    It is the the 2001 Denali not the XL. Why?
  • dsedse Member Posts: 1
    What part of the country do you live in. In my area, none of the dealers have any allocations yet or prices.
    I spoke to someone at GMC who gave me the MSRP and confirmed that the Denali could be ordered now, if the dealer had an allocation. Supposedly the dealers should know their allocation on this vehicle through the end of the year. I had to talk to many dealers(actually eight). Most had no idea of what to do, telling me to come back or call in October. Two sought out the information but didn't have an allocation. The dealer that made the extra effort and had the allocation was Ken Stuart at Condor in Catskill, NY. and they're only a 40 minutes away.
  • hpyhpy Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone heard that the metallic red for the 2001 Denali XL cannot be ordered at the present time? How much below MSRP should I be expecting to get?
  • badger149badger149 Member Posts: 8
    I tried calling gmc for info they told me to talk to a dealer. Does anyone know where I can get price. I do know that they are going to be released three weeks early. Should be 2nd week in october. I want to order one but haven't seen colors. What does TPW mean and allocation?
    Great resource on ordering info is Clifford Martin's site- http://www.mindspring.com/~clifford/faq.htm
    I believe allocations for Denali's are separate from regular Yukons.
  • thor3thor3 Member Posts: 120
    It seems that the 2001 Denali has taken a step backwards in regard to the headlamps. The 2000 models have the special muti-lens assy. but he 2001 looks like it has a stock lights same the Yukon. Anybody notice this? I think the current 2000 model looks better from the pictures I've seen!

Both Denali and Escalade had upgraded headlight assemblys to dictate the higher end offerings. It seems that they are saving money on this one and not trying that hard to differentiate the "look" anymore.
    still can't get the two tone leather in the regular Yukon...not that it matters...
    (nt)
    did for me too! Plus when someone asks what's that, that you're driving...tell em it's a Denali..and they go... huh?
    Yes, but the people who do know what it is make up for those who don't with their reactions...
  • pahnke23pahnke23 Member Posts: 6
    Don't you think that the New Escalade would be much better than the Denali? I mean the complete recognizable differences between the two. Even though the Escalade costs more wouldn't you rather spend your money on something that isn't just another copy cat?
    Escalade has been reborn and is considered quite unattractive by many...something about the Batman like style of the headlights...quite frankly I would rather have the new Hummer than the Escalade. just my opinion.
  • badger149badger149 Member Posts: 8
    How come the less expensive jimmy's come with a trip computer and the yukon doesn't even offer it as an option. I'm glad The denali finally does offer it.