Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Caliber Transmission Problems

Comments

• andanandan Member Posts: 2
    After what seems like a continuous stream of visits to the Dodge dealership with my 2007 Dodge Caliber with the CVT (biggest joke ever), they think they have it fixed. I purchased the car new in March 2006 when they first came out. The car has had a noise in the front end like a squeaking/screaching noise when you hit bumps. After 6 visits of the dealership "could not duplicate problems" I convinced the service manager to test ride the car with me. We didn't make it off the lot before he heard the noise. They replaced the rack and various other steering parts. Had the car 8 days but could not provide a rental. Go figure. During the same time frame, the transmission would just quit, causing the car to slow to a crawl. They reporgrammed the Transmission Control Module twice in a three year period. Now that the car is out of warranty, the Transmission Control Module went out. So, a car that has 41,367 miles on it just cost me $1000.00 to be able to drive it. The service attendant told me i'd be back within the next six months for a new transmission as every Caliber they have seen with the CVT that the module goes out in, the transmission dies shortly thereafter. Chrysler of course says they have no knowledge of these problems, yet the transmission is on national back order and will take up to 4 weeks to get. The time has come for me to trade the first brand new car I have had. My roommate tried to convince me that a Scion was a better choice. Now his has more than twice the miles on it, and we take it everywhere we go as we never know if the Caliber is going to just crap out for no reason again. The transmission issue has been popping up every so often with the car. I agree, time to look at anything but Dodge for a replacement.
  • holly88holly88 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same exact problem. I have 65,000 miles on my 2008 dodge caliber r/t. I took it to the dealer today and they told me to contact chrysler because i don't have a warranty on it anymore. So i contacted chrysler and worked something out with them because apparently this is a very common problem with them. Well they agreed to pay all but 1,000 of the transmission which i agreed to because hey the new trans is 4grand! But mine was making the whining noise and it gets louder the faster i drive. So i reccomend calling chrysler and filing a complaint with them and seeing what they can do for you. But after you file a complaint you will have to take it to a dodge dealer and pay them to look at the trans and talk with chrysler and work something out. Good luck
  • jillian07jillian07 Member Posts: 1
    I have this same issue with my 2007 caliber. I have had the transmission replaced (it was a rebuilt transmission). It worked for a month and then my car wouldnt drive over 10 mph. I had a well established mechanic take a look and he said the transmission lost communication with the computer. He reprogramed the computer and had me test drive it for a week. Six days later I am still experiencing the same problem. The mechanic told me it must be an internal issue and wants to try to replace the transmission again. I was curious if you had any luck in finding out what fixed your car or if your car is still having problems.
  • gizm0mangizm0man Member Posts: 13
    Got mine back on Dec 31. It's a lot better, but still some occasional hesitation at just on 2000 rpm. We'll see how it goes. Since I'm retired, I don't drive it very much.
  • amigos1amigos1 Member Posts: 1
    my wife bought a dodge caliver 07 , new zero miles on it , A MONTH later battery light comes on ! fine took it to dealer problem fixed , a week later air bag light comes on , another trip to the dealer , two months later abs light , at this point im like WTF !!!! not again , the same day anti theft light comes on . took it to the f$% dealer again !! so months later im driving on the high way with 2 day old baby , car goes off ! while driving it .
    next day back to dealer , problem was alternator with only 15k on it . next battery , wheel hub , spindle , wheel bearing , all of those parts were repleaced when tha car was ONLY one year old !!!

current problems with car , bad ignition , keypad does not work what a pain in the ^%$ i have to get in to opend the gate ! and be the last person to leave the car with the driver side door close to lock all of the other doors . oh two rear shocks making noise , the engine vibrates alot ! sometimes it even goes off , and it also is very loud , i hate it . transmission has a loud noice ....
    DO NOT EVER BUY ONE OF THIS CARS EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • kerrybeekerrybee Member Posts: 2
    purchased new July 31, 2009. Transmission noises began in 2010. Makes grinding noise when first starting it until speed of 20 - 25 MPH reached. Sounds like a whine, and a metal-on-metal grinding noise. Recently on one short jaunt, of about 1 mile stop and go city driving, the sound was like that of a roaring elephant, would last 4 or 5 seconds, stop for about 4 or 5 seconds, and repeat, continuously for the entire 1 mile trip. The grinding noise was severe. The car then sat for about an hour while I was on my errand, and the return trip was fine. This does not happen every day. Perhaps once a week. Some weeks three times. I cannot "make" the car do this. Nor can the mechanics at two different Dodge dealers. They can't find anything wrong. It is a CVT transmission. Yes, the shift is firmly in gear. The car is garaged, and we live in a mild climate area. If something is wrong, why can't a mechanic diagnose it? If something is grinding, whining, would there not be tell-tale symptoms in the system? There are other problems like the cabin filling with gas fumes but that may well be the subject of another post.
  • hatemycaliberhatemycaliber Member Posts: 1
    During the past summer my 2007 dodge caliber done the same thing as everybody else, the transmission messed up at 54,000 miles. Thinkfully we bought the warranty. Well low and behold, its been about 8 months, and we are at 68,015 miles and the transmission is gone AGAIN!!!!! What a bunch of bull, doesnt help the matter that the dealership that worked on it during the summer left a VERY IMPORTANT bolt out and so now we are waiting to see what else has been screwed up. HELP!!!! Check the value of the dodge caliber it is pathetic. DODGE owes us all!! They screwed up and left the customers paying, I will NEVER buy another dodge chrysler jeep product EVER in my life. Im gonna end up taking a $5,000.00 loss just on the car value alone much less what they screwed up when they didnt bolt transmission back together with the car. Im just gonna eat it and get the POS out of my life ASAP.
    FOR SALE 2007 POS Dodge Caliber, will not get u anywhere for longer than about 15,000, and dont forget that Dodge will just IGNORE all the issues with it.:mad: :cry::(
  • dkprzywuskidkprzywuski Member Posts: 1
    My car has 54,000 miles on it. I have the rxt awd model. At 33,000 i had my transmission replaced. This was in Nov 2008. 2 years later, i am having the same problems again. Currently at dealership waiting for a transmission control module.
    I love the car, but after this, i may have to trade in for something else.
  • kerrybeekerrybee Member Posts: 2
    Yes, this is me again. Problem solved. Traded my car.

The end. Thanks for reading.
  • moosetracks28moosetracks28 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Dodge Caliber has been having problems starting in the cold (-10F to 15F here in Anchorage, AK). The car has 68,500 miles. It doesn't act up when the engine block heater is plugged in. But sometimes after sitting outside all day at work, it chugs and clicks but doesn't like to turn over upon starting. We solved the problem by turning the key, letting the fuel injector click a few times and then starting it. The battery checks out as good, with voltage 12.9-13V. We also put in some fuel injector cleaner with each re-fuel.

Four days ago, the car was parked in the warm garage and did not start. There was clicking but no issues with the lights, stereo, etc. My husband checked the battery voltage (which appeared just fine) and borrowed a computer code reader from his work buddy. The error code message gave us 6 error codes stating there was an error with the transmission control module upon trying to start the engine. Upon research online, it appears a lot of CVT Calibers are having similar issues. So with no way to clear the computer code or to potentially repair the transmission control module, we did the only thing we could do: Call the dealership.

The car was towed and the dealership said that they couldn't get any error codes without installing an new battery. How did my husband get the error codes on the same battery, not more than 12 hrs before? The dealer said they couldn't read any codes without a new battery installed. So, we agreed to have the new battery installed.

Nevertheless, the dealership said that with the new battery installed, no error codes were coming up upon startup. It just sounds fishy.... Why would a bad battery give you transmission error codes? Why not "low voltage"?? I just have a gut feeling that they reset the computer, as there probably is a technical service bulletin out for this error, given all the complaints I've read online...
    :confuse:
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    A weak battery can indeed cause transmission errors. Since the computer controls the powertrain, voltage fluctuations (even slight/quick ones) can prevent the car from operating properly.

A reading of 12.9 volts is actually on the low side of acceptable. A properly charged system should be in the low 14s. Readings below 13 mean the battery is starting to show difficulty holding a charge, and extreme cold like AK can accelerate failure with little or no warning.

If you've noticed that the car starts almost instantly with the new battery compared to some cranking with the old one, then the decision to change batteries was likely a good one.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • jlhartjlhart Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2010 caliber last fall having same scraping noise. People are telling me they cant hear it ? That is nuts is loud especially happens at a slow roll or approaching a stop ( no brakes on) then after stop and I hit the gas... scraping? Have not brought it in to be looked at as I was thinking it was nothing but it is driving me nuts. Also car feels sometimes like it is going to stall.
    I had purchased an extended warranty when I got the car, so I was out of pocket only $100. My problem was after the replacement, I often have a hesitation on acceleration from a stop at about 2000 rpm. Dealer couldn't fix it so last Dec they decided it had to be a bad tranny and put another used one in. Better, but I still have the hesitation. Then, last month I had a leaking rear main seal. Again only $100 out of pocket.
  • notadodgefannotadodgefan Member Posts: 1
    Just reached 80,000 on my caliber and the transmission started going. Headed to the chevy dealer and they gave me a deal I could not turn down.

Before this, in December I had to put a new front end in.

It also chewed up tires pretty bad. Was recommended to have my tires rotated on every oil change.

Lesson learned. 1st time ever buying a dodge, and my last. Ironically, my hubby had a dodge durango. Same problems with the tires and lots of front end problems.
  • cartmanfcartmanf Member Posts: 1
    I agree with all of you. My wife was driving the caliber last evening, coming home from a meeting 110 km away. She called me about half way stating that the car will not change gears. She drove 60 km in 1st gear. Took it to a shop today and they say that the transmission is shot. This is just another issue I have had with my 2007 rxt Caliber. Driving me crazy. I bought this car for the fuel economy and to decrease repair costs but along with my payments I am averaging $800 per month with this beast. 2 more years of payments for this piece of crap. I will never buy another Dodge again. Lesson learned.
  • simplysusansimplysusan Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2008 Caliber new when my KIA Optima seemed to be impossible to fix. I bought the extended warranty because I was upside down on my trade in and was driving 106 miles a day to and from work. Back before 60,000 miles, while at the dealership for an oil change, I asked them about servicing the air conditioner and transmission since I had received coupons for both in the mail. I was told that my a.c. was good for five years, and that because I had the CVT transmission, I did not need to do anything to it until 100,000 miles. This is not what the book said, but I do believe I asked them to document that in their computer. Anyway, just the other day, I was returning home from my son's house when what I thought was the temperature gauge came on and the car started stalling.(It's the same symbol as what is by the engine temperature gauge.) I was about fifteen miles from my boyfriend's house, so I called him to see what I should do. Mind you, I was on the interstate with Memorial Day traffic around me. I drove on to his house, extremely loud and embarrassing whining noise and all, where I got out the book to see what that indicator light meant. Come to find out, when the car is driven for long periods of time in hot temperature, the light will come on and the transmission will slow down automatically. Now, I don't know where you all live, but 93 degrees, which was the temperature at the time, in the southwestern part of Georgia, is NOT hot! My drive was only about 80 miles, and about half of that was at 55-60 mph. I had hoped to make a trip to Texas this summer, but like I told my boyfriend, I'd be asking for trouble if the car were to do that between here and there, so I guess that's out. I have less than 85,000 miles on my car, and four more years of payments. I'm praying that the car will hold out that long! If there is any legal action being taken by anyone, I'd really like to know!
  • honkeylipshonkeylips Member Posts: 2
    Just out of curiosity, do you recall what they said specifically was wrong with the tranny that it needed to be replaced?

Having some issues with my R/T, kinda scared about what this is gonna run me.

Thanks.
  • honkeylipshonkeylips Member Posts: 2
    Just out of curiosity, do you remember what precisely was wrong with the tranny that it needed to be replaced?
    According to my dealer, the transmission is non-repairable. If there is any problem, you just replace it. No diagnostics.
  • tommytwotone34tommytwotone34 Member Posts: 2
    bought a dodge caliber in 2008 three years later with 71,000 miles later and my transmission is slipping. Took it to a tansmission shop and they took one look at it and already new from other cleints that also own this kind of dodge crap that it was darn ol' cvt transmision. Now the shop that i took it to was a good friend who own a very reliable transmission shop called Golden Empire Transmission and he told me some interesting facts. (1) That no transmision shop wood deal with this transmission and warranty the work due to the fact that no one makes a rebuild kit and no one will rebuild it. (2) that i could buy a used one for $1200 to $3800 used with about roughly 70 to 80 thousand miles on them with no warranty and still be facing what i am facing now.(3) Was told that these cvt transmissions have a life expectly of 100k to 130k thats it and then you need to replace.(4) He also informed me on how this transmission was created,when,and on how it works. So here we go, This transmission was designed in the 70's in chevy vega's at wich time the economy hit a low and unexpected downfall in wichtime some idiot decided to disign a cheap and economical way to build a transmission thus this piece of crap the cvt was born. Now in 2002 don't know if you remeber but nissan came out with a shiftless transmision and so on that note the cvt was re-intraduced to the general public. Thanks alot nissan if it weren't for you we wouldn't have all bought a piece of crap... and last but not least how it works ,welll ... normal transmission have rails, and on these rails are clutch packs and gears well what the cvt tranny is that it still has rails with clutch packs but instead of gears that mesh when a shift arm move the gears to align well in stead there are bands or belts some may call them, that work together instead of the gears. Thus the big problem of the cvt tranny... Because Belts have a certain life till they slip or fail and that my people is why a hate my dodge caliber.. Ohh if your wandering a new transmission for these vehicles are around $6800 from dealer who in my town will only install new, My car only bluebooks at $6400 with bad tranny. Soooo i hate to say but im getting rid of this piece and building my Bmw 525I up because its already a better car eaven if it is 16yrs old. Thank you for reading and hope i could shed some light on the piece of crap DODGE calls CALIBER. tHANK YOU,,,,,,,,
  • dweezildweezil Member Posts: 271
    edited July 2011
    Tommy: The CVT has nothing at all to do with the Vega. IIRC the CVT originated with the Dutch DAF in the 60s. Snowmobiles use this sort of transmission.

The Vega offered a 2 speed PowerGlide automatic and a semi automatic as well as a manual transmission when it first came out.

But I hear you: the point is the same. CVTs are not ready for prime time. Still.
    Ever read any of the nightmare stories of CVTs in Vues and ION Quad Coupes ?
  • mideberrymideberry Member Posts: 2
    I am having similar experiences with my 2007 SXT Caliber and here is what I have found: the transmission is made by Jatco. Jatco is owned by Nissan and supplies both Nissan and Dodge with the CVT transmission. There are other makes Jatco supplies these to as well.
    They now have plants in Japan, Mexico, and the US.
    Nissan has extended the warranty on 2003-2010 CVT transmissions to 120K miles. Dodge has not (even though they just avoided a multibillion dollar loss on the taxpayer's backs)
    I have had a conversation with the Chrysler Group Customer Recall Center and asked them about this anomaly and to their credit, the woman I spoke with was unaware of the extension by Nissan and thought I have a good question. She asked that I wait on them to look into it and promised their response by 8PM Monday 7/25/2011.
    I will keep this forum updated as I learn more.
    If you want me to contact you directly my email is mdberry@quixnet.net - please put CVT in the subject line so I can sort them out.
    What kind of warranty do you have on your 2007? My 2008 Caliber has a lifetime warranty on it.
  • mideberrymideberry Member Posts: 2
    The factory warranty on the 2007, which was the first year for caliber, was only 35,000 miles. I bought it second hand from a lease company. The transmission they used is a Jatco JF011E which was also used in 4 Nissan models, hence my interest in the Nissan extended warranty.
    Are you telling me that you have a car with a transmission that is warranted for as long as you own the car and unlimited miles? I'm curious how you got that. The longest factory warranty I've seen on the '08 and beyond is 100,000 miles.
  • arnienarnien Member Posts: 2
    Some, not many, 2008 models were sold with a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser only. It is not transferable. I own one, am an employee in a Chrysler dealership. The car must be inspected every few years to maintain that warranty. The inspection is at no charge to the vehicle owner.
    After I had my tranny replaced a year ago, I developed a 2nd problem that my dealer has been unable to fix. There is an occasional flat spot in acceleration. Sometimes from a stop, the is a flat spot/hesitation/drop in power at about 2400-2500 rpm then power kicks in again. Dealer tried multiply flashing of the memory. Even went as far as getting a 2nd tranny, Ever hear of this?
  • ola_auola_au Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    My Cali does the same thing too occasionally. Today was a rainy day and it's been hesitating more than it usually does even at slightly higher speeds (20-25mph). It really makes the whole car jerk. Im afraid that it will break soon. I have a '08 2.0 SE with only 47K miles. :lemon:
    mideberry,
    I just got off the phone with the service department at the dealership where I bought my car. Yes, according to him, my car has a lifetime powertrain warranty. I questioned him because when I was going back through papers on the car, I noticed that the sales person had sold me an extended service policy that covered not only the bumper to bumper that I thought I was getting, but also the powertrain up to 100,000 miles. He could have just sold me one on the bumper to bumper components. Now I have to try to get some of that money back! :(
    You need to take your car to the dealership. I don't know what kind of warranty you have on yours, but it should still be under warranty with those few miles. I wouldn't put off taking it though; they may try to say you voided the warranty by continuing to drive it with those problems.
  • experterexperter Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Let me make it clear: Nothing is wrong with Jatco CVT's. I had Nissan Murano 2003, 2004, (both over 100k miles, towing, snow, hills, off-road etc) and now have 2009. ALL OF THEM WITH JATCO JF010E TOROIDAL CVT, NO BELT THERE.
    AWD (!) SUV's like JEEP, Caliber, SATURN VUE are all junk because they use budget light duty BELT-driven CVT, even if it is the same JATCO.
    How in the world would you explain why SUV comes with light duty belt driven transmissiln??? TO CUT THE COST.
    Most SATURN VUE 2002-2004 with their belt CVT had tranny down before 100k miles. GM dropped CVT in 2004. I am afraid the same will be with JEEP and Caliber. It is a question of time, IMHO.
  • lianaglianag Member Posts: 1
    I have had my car into the dealer several times over the past year for my eletric throttle light coming on, hesitation at acceleration, failing alernator tests etc. So this last time I took it in, they cleaned my battery and said the hesitation was caused by corrosion. Ha!! Last weekend I hit the acceleration and I got nothing but puttering, spped wouldn't top over 10MPH but RPMs were flying. Shut off car, wouldn't start, wouldn't turn over...I had power elsewhere BUT not at start. Three times I tried and finally it kicked in and started, drove for a bit and then again...same problem. Took it to a local shop, he was "lost" had NO idea what was wrong but said transmission...hahhaa the kicker, I flipped it 102K miles right now which means no warranty...thanks Dodge I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE EVER!! See what happens with governmental bailouts, quality takes a backseat!!
  • janeadamsjaneadams Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Caliber was making a subtle "tinging" noise when I accelerated. I took it to a mechanic who said the transmission needs replacing.

The dealer agreed and said it's 100% covered by my warranty. However, they would not provide a loaner vehicle. I called Chrysler's customer service (800) 992-1997 and before the day was over they'd called the dealer and instructed them to give me a loaner and Chrysler would cover the cost for 10 days up to $35/day.

They were so helpful and even gave me a "case manager," which made me wonder: How widespread is the problem with the Caliber transmissions?
  • dodgehaterdodgehater Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 07 Dodge Caliber about a year ago, with about 60k miles on it. About 7-8 months later I took it to Perry Ford, where I had bought my car, they told me there is nothing wrong with it, about a couple of weeks later had called Perry Ford and they told me there is noting wrong with the car, I did it a total of four times, until today I went back and they told me to take it to the Dodge dealer, so I did. I talked with the service guy and he told me that the thing with CVT transmissions is that we would have to get a new one all together so, mostly all places won't work on them. It happen too often to be just a tune-up, when I sit at a long red light the car will hesitate, or my RPM will drop, sometimes the transmission will slip. So hopefully they replace it and I can get my money worth.
  • inkvisitorinkvisitor Member Posts: 3
    Hi all -

I have an 07 (bought just BEFORE the powertrain warranty was offered - UGH) and it has about 55,000 miles. It was making the winding/warbling noise when accelerating/decelerating and then wouldn't turn over one morning. Towed it to the dealership since it was easy and they recommended a transmission replacement even though they couldn't for sure say that's what caused the problem. It also magically was starting again.

I took it to a local transmission shop and they're doing the RDI right now after they observed it slipping - I'll update when I hear the news..
    Just got the call - according to this place the replacement parts needed are the primary pulley (slider), belt, torque converter, and overhaul package totaling $4200 for new parts and almost $3500 for rebuilt.

The dealership I originally took it to quoted about $4000 for putting in a new transmission.

I'm just waiting now because I need to find another option (besides pushing it off a cliff...).
  • cjbiobabycjbiobaby Member Posts: 2
    i personally hate these new transmissions. i was driving the nissan versa for a bit, it was so much better on gas than my caliber, but the transmission drove me insane. the caliber has one too but its not as obnoxiously annoying as the nissan was. my 2011 caliber heat has crappy gas milage as well. honestly, if it wasnt for how the car feels to drive and how much i love how it looks, i wouldnt have bought it because its a dang gas hog.
    Final outcome - over $3k later I got it back and sold it immediately. At least it's out of my life now!
  • logansrun129logansrun129 Member Posts: 1
    Im new to forum but need advice. I have dodge caliber 115000 miles making a whining noise in engine when I accelerate starts at 25 mph only happens in gear. Not in park or neutral have heard possible cvt or some kind of bearing in cvt. Im getting nervous any ideas does get louder as I accelerate but soon as I let off gas no matter the speed noise dies down.
    Please Help
    Sounds like the cvt. Mine made a similar sound at 50k miles. Luckily I had an extended warranty. Still they could only find a used transmission.
    Good lucxk.
  • rob6pack2514rob6pack2514 Member Posts: 1
    had to replace trans at 28000 mi. 1 year ago !! Yesterday back to dealer for another trans @35000 mi. good car for sale reasonable offer accepted !
  • sunshine126sunshine126 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I have a 2009 Dodge Caliber that is going into the dealership for it's 4th transmission... YES 4th. The one that came in the car when I bought it new, plus 2 more and now another in a few days. So glad I bought the extended warranty, so I don't pay anything out of pocket, (or it would be $2500 each time). This is getting ridiculous. Why can't they resolve this problem?
  • steveo71steveo71 Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I have a 2010 Caliber. Problem is on numerous occasions, after driving at highway speeds upon exiting a ramp where only a slowdown is necessary to negotiate the ramp, upon attempting to merge with traffic, the car does not respond as if the transmission is slipping. More than a half dozen times this has occurred, once happening each time the car was brought to a stop and then attempting to pull out. The car just doesn't go as if (with a regular transmission) it is missing 1st or 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and they can't find anything wrong. They say since it isn't 'tripping codes' in the computer, they can't do anything. Apparently since the computer says nothings wrong, I am the idiot! But the computer doesn't drive the car, I do! It's back at the dealership once again for them to 'take a look at it' but the whole thing is pissing me off. Any thoughts? :mad:
    Since my original replacement of the transmission 2 years ago, I have had a similar problem. From a standing start, the power will die at about 2400 rpm for a few seconds, then the power will kick back in. The dealer could find no fault, but they could feel the loss of power. They even went as far a replacing the transmission with a 2nd used one, but that didn't cure the problem. It doesn't happen as often as it used to. I've just gotten used to it. My car is a 2007.
  • gburchellgburchell Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 caliber r/t that did same thing. wouldn't show a code. but don't blame the car, blame the dealership mechanics who aren't knowledgable about the cars they repair. when i explained to the mechanics at my dealership they instantly agreed that it was the throttle positioning sensor. that was 3years ago and hasn't done it since. i hope that helps.
  • steveo71steveo71 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that info. I don't blame the car. I am unhappy with the service (or lack thereof) from the dealership. I know something is wrong but they seem to not believe so. Let's see what they tell me this time. They have had the car since monday morning and I haven't heard anything yet! :confuse:
    Stopped at my dealer today and talked to them about the above suggestion. According to them, the sensor is part of the throttle body assembly and that part is over $250. One of the tech's suggested that the throttle body assembly needs to be cleaned. He described the problem exactly as when accelerating gently from a stop, the throttle sticks starving the engine and then kicks open giving full power. I'm taking the car in next Wed. Will report back the results
  • dodgecaliber09dodgecaliber09 Member Posts: 1
    anyone has clutch pedal problem?
  • dbradley23dbradley23 Member Posts: 1
    While driving the car my husband heard a loud thump towards the front end of the car and then it started acting like it didn't want to drive. I'm thinking its the transmission but I don't know for sure.
  • angielee81angielee81 Member Posts: 2
    Have diagnostic testing done to see if it is your Throttle Position Sensor. I have to have mine replaced. 237 dollars. You have to get it a Dodge Dealership.
  • angielee81angielee81 Member Posts: 2
    First check your barrings, near your alternator.. my car was making whining and clicking.. They are to small barrings, near your alternator. My mechanic had to order them thru a Dodge Dealership, guy told him it wasn't that, he never had to replace it. My mechanic changed them, and now no noise. Dealerships dont know jack.