Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti Q45 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• joesrjoesr Member Posts: 17
    Please let me know if it works for you. - I got that tip from the Airbag Mfger Rep and it worked for me. Joe
  • sidwellsidwell Member Posts: 9
    Sorry it took so long, just saw yr msg. Here's a link to it. If it doesn't come thru, go the J.C. Whitney (google it), click on 'cars', inb the search space type in 'catalytic converter cleaner' that's how I found it. Its made by Solder-It.
    Good luck,
    Bil

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/textsearch_result.jcw?sku=catalytic+converter- +cleaner&shopid=100005&_requestid=525655
  • qinquirerqinquirer Member Posts: 4
    Got it. Thanks!
  • njoyn1njoyn1 Member Posts: 11
    Joe,
    I have tried your suggestion 3 or 4 times but the airbag warning light continues to blink. Any other suggestions from ANYONE?
    Sorry it did not work for you. - I got that tip from the Airbag Mfgr and it worked for me. - He stated that if it did not work it was probably a bad sensor. Joe
  • jrectorjrector Member Posts: 2
    Where can I get an updated navigation cd for my 2002/Q45? Is it easy to install, I know the unit is in the trunk.
    I have a 2002 Q45 and my Son bought me a updated GPS DVD from:

Zenrin, PO Box 2082, Burlingame, CA 94011.
    Phone # 1-800-777-0325
    Web Site: www.zenrin.com

The updated version was far more complete re maps, new streets, etc.,.

I think the cost was about $200. Joe W.
  • jrectorjrector Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, What is the installation process? Any special tools needed?
    No special tools required. - The DVD comes with an installation disk and directions. - Very straight forward process.
  • regman2regman2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 Q45T that surges and getting worse at idle can someone help me? It shows a code for knock sensors can this be my problem? Thanks
    I own the 2005 Q45 with 40,000 miles. My last request for assistance or advice concerned the airbag warning light. This problem was corrected by dealer under a factory recall. My auto ran fine for approx. 150 miles on my way home from the dealership.
    Three days later I attempted to start engine but there was no power. The steering wheel is "locked" as the key will not switch on. I have turned steering wheel slightly right or left and tried to switch key to on but this does not help. Interior lights do not come on when door is opened and I cannot lock or unlock vehicle. I have not had time to checked battery connections but the battery is less than 2 yrs old. Any suggestions or recommendations?
  • newqownernewqowner Member Posts: 3
    I experienced this very thing with my Q-45. Although my model is somewhat older the same remedy may apply. What I needed to do to unlock the car's engine was to put the key into the door lock and turn it to the left and then to the right. Seems in my car's mechenism there is a forced entry device that shuts the engine down when it thinks the car is being brokened into.

It worked on my car, not sure about yours but what do you have to lose by trying?

Much success with your Q-45, I am trying to get rid of mine now. Too many issues.

j
  • leslielooleslieloo Member Posts: 2
    We have a 1994 Q45 and we need to know the adjustments for the tps and for the map sencor, and the mass flow air intake. It runs ruff and it wont pull itself. What do you do to get the codes to read over the dash. Thank you
  • goodluckjohngoodluckjohn Member Posts: 2
    I bought a new 2002 and have had no issues. I am selling it and seeking another
    with lower miles. When I test drove the potentail new one, the Supplemental Airbag
    Warning came on the screen upon starting. Any idea what this is and cost to fix ?
    I had a similar problem and was told that a momentary loss of electrical power causes the warning light to come on (and stay on) until reset. - My problem was solved when I replaced the starter that had a flat spot on the armature.

To reset the warning light perform the following:
    *Turn the key on and as soon as the air bag warning light goes out turn the ignition key off. - Be sure to turn it off before the light starts blinking.

Do that three time and when you turn the ignition on for the 4th time leave the ignition on and the light should go out. - It worked for me, but the permanent fix was the starter replacement in my case. Good Luck.
    I own the 2005 Q45 with 40,000 miles and I appreciate the suggestion I received on this site to correct the continuous blinking of the Air Bag warning light. I tried the suggested "fix" in effort to correct the problem. The dealer suggested I bring my auto in for diagnosis. The problem was corrected under factory recall at no charge to me.
  • goodluckjohngoodluckjohn Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. I am speaking of the light in the secreen area. It seems to come
    with engine starting. It is not the idiot light in the dash area. Is this what you meant in post #276 ? Car Fax shows no issues with this car for accidents nor
    are there any signs of any accident in the front of the car i.e. over spray,
    fender gaps, etc. Thank you.
  • leslielooleslieloo Member Posts: 2
    WE NEED HELP PLEASE....

I HAVE A 1994 INFINITTI Q45 AND WE NEED TO KNOW THE ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE TPS AND FOR THE MAP SENCOR AND THE MASS FLOW AIR INTAKE. IT RUNS RUFF AND IT WONT PULL ITSELF. HOW DO YOU GET THE CODES TO READ OFF THE DASH??? WE HAVE TRIED TO GET A CHILTONS AND NOBODY HAS ONE AROUND HERE. SO PLEASE HELP US WERE DEAD IN THE WATER WITHOUT HELP!!!!!

THANK YOU

LESLIE LOO :confuse: :sick: :cry::(
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    The best place for this kind of technical help is -

http://forums.nicoclub.com/q45-forum-cima-forum.html
  • jettbjettb Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1992 Q-45 Infiniti. When I drive over bumps, my car sways to the right. Does anybody know the name of the part that would fix it? I was told that there is a cover for the wheel bearings. I need to know the name of the part. Thanks
  • jmasinickjmasinick Member Posts: 4
    Stopped by my local repair shop to see about getting a trans fluid exchange done on
    an '02 Q45. They asked me if it had a dipstick for the trans, I said no and they did not
    want to do it because they could not measure fluid even though it is in with the new and out with the old. Anyone else experience this? I am not looking forward to going to
    the dealer and may not need to.
    John
  • e_claxtone_claxton Member Posts: 1
    I have a 94 q lately I have not been able to start it normal if i disable the batt
    for about 20mins sometimes it will start but not all the time. Alarms are off and
    it does nothing when the key is turned NO SOUND FROM STARTER. Everything
    in car works fine just will not start.
  • dwash6dwash6 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I replaced my rotors, pads, calipers and bleed the brakes, but for some reason unknown to me the rear brakes will not catch. The car is 1994 Q45. Any suggestion?
  • dwash6dwash6 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 94 Q45 my ABS light and brake pads worn message will not clear even after replacing calipers, rotors and pads. Neither will the rear brakes catch.
    I had a 94 Q45t and had a similar problem re not starting when everything else worked. - I replaced the starter relays. - There are two relays and are mounted on the firewall on the passenger side. I believe one of the relays is for the primary starter circuit and the second one is for the ignition circuit. - Your Infiniti dealer should have them either in stock or be able to readily order for you. - Good luck.
  • dmikulcikdmikulcik Member Posts: 1
    Hello......please help, I have lost power to all windows at once...can anyone give me some giudance?

Thanks
    dmikulcik
  • daysail1daysail1 Member Posts: 3
    Great site..I'm on my 4th Q 45 and love them !!
    91 4 door gas 285 Hp 65,000 miles :)
    I am trying to remove my Alternator and so far can;t get it out after four hours.
    I have: Removed plastic cover-Alt Belt-Outside bracket..I guess I need to remove the inside (on Block) bracket but I have stopped because I want to make sure i'm not in over my head. Does anyone have a pic of the bracket and it's mounting points or can you guide me to what is next to remove..
    IE entire idler pulley-fan-a/c compressor etc!!
    Also I can't even find the wiring that I know has to be connected..this is a very tight area not to mention the most difficult alternator I have attacked! :mad:
    Fuses ?
  • yaaryaar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Cobrapc,

I'm having the same issue with my 02 Q45. Screen went dark while heat and stereo was working. I re-started the car and now only heat is working - no more stereo. Can you please tell me what did you end up doing to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

My e-mail address is yaaar10@yahoo.com

Irfan
  • yaaryaar Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my 02 Q45. But my screen is completely out and doesn't come back upon re-starting the car.

Would you please let me know what did you do to fix this issue and how much did it cost you?

Thanks in advance.

My e-mail is yaaar10@yahoo.com

Regards,
    Irfan
  • ariskarisk Member Posts: 1
    :cry: please can you help my 91 q45a all of a sudden wont start it recently snowed where i live i parked my car for 5 days it has anti-freeze in it i went to get in it and it wouldn't start it made a strange higher pitched noise everyone said its the starter well 3 starters later still wont start same sound checked the teeth on the fly wheel their fine it turns battery is new and strong someone said fuel line another said starter relay ????/ any ideas without a manual its hard to find anything we normally own fords and pontiacs :confuse:
  • footballhockeyfootballhockey Member Posts: 1
    Hello, recently my water pump/power steering belt snapped in half on my 1994 Q45. I went to go and replace the belt and noticed my Idler Pulley wasn't spining freely. From what i've learned that's not good. So im looking to replace the Idler Pulley. Is this an easy fix. What steps would i need to take? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    As long as you can get under your car...even a jack will work. It's quite straight forward. You will need metric wrenches. Loosen the nut on the pulley first then back out the tension bolt and back to the pulley bolt remove the whole assembly.
  • thall8thall8 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2002 q45 recently it was raining very hard and my vdc abs and slip light came on said malfunction what could cause this problem all of a sudden
  • imranokazmiimranokazmi Member Posts: 1
    '97 Q45 bought recently appx 150,000 miles, the telescopic antenna adjusted for driver access ease (went up, seat went back) a few times and then the steering goes all the way up and gets stuck there, a thousand down keypresses and the steering control yield to nothing, does move forward and backward but is stuck in an unsightly pose, need it lowered, any DIY? Is it a computer problem? cancelled the memory function, even then... has the motor suddenly gone bad? then why the forward / backward? or are their two motors inside the steering wheel?
    I have a related problem with my 2002 Q45. - The steering colume will go up and down when entering/exiting the car and the up and down feature works when I use the control on the steering colume, but it will no longer telescope in and out. - I cannot find a dedicated fuse so I am thinking it must be in the control switch. Any thoughts?
  • theskatheska Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever resolve the issue? I now have the same problem...thanks...
  • twallytwally Member Posts: 5
    Proud owner of new to me 94Q 131k. Can anyone point me to assistance in correcting the issue of SLIP and TCS lights always illuminated on dash. Also, the Brake Pads Worn message appears. I'd like to correct all these issues. Thanks!
  • sim_garf88sim_garf88 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 95 q45t with a steering issue ,appears to be alignment problem but is not. The wheel pulls to the right pretty bad and it gets worse when i steer to the left but when i yank the wheel hard to the right the steering goes back in normal alignment and doesnt go back until I turn just a little to the left. people have told me it sounds like a chassis problem. any ideas???
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    Well this is just a SWAG, but if you have 4 wheel steering (Super HICAS) perhaps there is a probelm with the rear wheel steering in that the rear wheels are somehow stuck to the right. This would make sense if it is worse when you steer to the left as the rear wheels would go right (at slow speed). And then when you yank it right the rear wheels are in sync.
    Small and obvious point, but I had a similar problem right after I bought my 94 Q45t (1997(and realized that there is a dedicated power steering reservoir in engine compartment for the HICAS to top off. - Topped it off and problem went away.
  • rearwheeldriverearwheeldrive Member Posts: 140
    Saw this recent post and thought I add some info with a similiar problem I had with my 1990 Q45.

I had a slight steering misalgnment that would change according to how hard I turned left or right. Found out when I got under the car and looked at the rack and pinion steering unit, the rubber bushing was barely hanging on that suports the rack. The one on the left.

I got the rack out and replaced the left and right rubber bushingwith some good ones I found at a local junk yard. Problem went away. I posted the repair, outlinning the steps with photos on this site years ago, It was on my Carspace page, but thats all history now.
  • mikey0737mikey0737 Member Posts: 1
    This is for (newqowner). I would like to buy some parts from you. My e-mail.is mikey0737@gmail.com
  • debit55debit55 Member Posts: 1
    we just got a 1995 Q45 infinity. it starts and runs but just shuts off while driving . it will start back up then shut off again. Any ideas of what it could be?
  • twallytwally Member Posts: 5
    For starters you might want to check the fuel pump, fuel filter. Also check for a clogged catalytic converter.
  • sidwellsidwell Member Posts: 9
    Try the mass airflow sensor, too. Maybe clean it. If it fixes it, drive till it fails, then get one from the junk yard....also, remember your car is running on part water nowadays. Put a can of Heet or any drygas product in the tank every 3rd-4th tank.
    Goood luck,
    Bil
  • kdivakdiva Member Posts: 1
    my car takes at least 30 to 40 seconds to start and once it starts it smells like toxic. can any one give me a reason that may be
    I purchased my Q45 in June 2005. It now has approx. 73,000 miles. Last week I had to replace my 4th or 5th battery. Replacing this many batteries seems to be abnormal.
    Any comments or recommendations?
  • rgintherrginther Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    HI. I have a 94 Q45 with 116k miles. recently a mechanic removed what he called a heat shield from the under side of the catalytic converter, because it was rattling. It looked like a piece of thin, silver sheet metal. He said it wouldn't matter. Now I have a very hot smell coming from operating the car. I dont see any oil or liquid leaks in engine compartment, and no spots under parked car. Any thoughts? The car otherwise performs very well
  • rgintherrginther Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I have a 94 Q45 with 116k miles. I notice that when I am backing up in reverse the car starts out at normal speed (idling, I am not pushing the accelerator) but quickly slows down and feels like the brakes have been applied. The car operates in reverse no problem, it just seems like the brakes have been activated to slow it down. Is this a normal saftey feature, a brake issue, or a transmission issue? can I safely ignore it?