Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Eos Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• keysteenakeysteena Member Posts: 2
    How did you determine the build date of the car? One of the dealers in my area has eight 2008 leftovers, so I'd love to find out how long they've been sitting on their lot. Most of the other dealers in the MA/NH area only seem to have 1 or 2 leftovers.
  • tajqueentajqueen Member Posts: 8
    The build date is inside the hood. You could ask the dealer, but I don't know if he's tell you. Most 08's were built in 07. BTW, which dealer has 8 08's left?
  • keysteenakeysteena Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info!

As of Sunday, Quirk VW in Braintree, MA had 8 left.
  • woobegonewoobegone Member Posts: 21
    I found the build date on the plate attached to the driver-side door jamb, where you also find the recommended tire inflation figures.
    I've been checking on AutoTrader for weeks, and there are some dealers in the Pacific NW that have several 2008 Eos's in stock. You can check AutoTrader, use zip code 83701 and search for all within 500 miles; that should cover OR, WA, UT and northern CA.
    Persistence pays. Sold my 2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24 convertible on 9/24 after only 6 days on Craigslist. I had already been checking AutoTrader and Cars.com for all new 2007 and 2008 Eos but couldn't find exactly what I wanted within reasonable distance: Paprika Red base turbo. On 9/25 I started checking the VW dealers' sites through VW.com and found the perfect car at a dealer in San Jose, CA (700 miles from my SW Idaho home) for an incredible $27,779 with all four available options on the base turbo: auto, heated seats, floor mats, i-Pod adapter. Sent them an e-mail that night, and got their response Fri. morning: yes, they still had the car. Called them immediately and said I would look at the car over the weekend. Booked the only flight Fri. afternoon from Boise to San Jose and five hours later I called the dealer from the San Jose airport and asked him to send his courtesy car to pick me up (they did!). Saw my true love :P that evening. Did the paperwork Sat. morning, including the VW Credit 2.9% for 60 mos., and drove home Sat./Sun. with the top down in the 80F sunshine of the Nevada/Oregon desert! Glorious!! Got 32 mpg on its first two tanks of premium.
    When I put on the "show" for people by operating the top, they are amazed. There are fewer than ten Eos in SW Idaho, and I really like driving something so cool and so out-of-the-ordinary. And today, I found out just how nice heated seats are, as the temp today was in the low 40's. This is an amazing car!!
  • trackulatrackula Member Posts: 10
    Hello all. Just rolled-over 10,000 trouble free miles in our 2.0T Base model, six-speed manual. No issues to report. Fuel economy average is 30.1 combined, 60% highway, 40% city. I alternate every other tank with Premium fuel. I also lube all roof seals every 3 months with Krytox grease. The car has never leaked. I hope all of you are as happy with your Eos' as are we.
  • izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    Carman,

I've been shopping around for vw eos. Dealer is quoting 5K below msrp on their website on all eos models. Some lux versions are 6K lower than msrp. I want to do my homework before I go talk to the finance guy. Edmunds says there is 1500 cash to dealer incentive that can not be combined with other apr or lease offers. Even with that 5K right out of the bat is too aggressive. I'm assuming there is more to the incentives than I found on the internet. Does anybody know what's the real deal for 2009 models? I'm planning to pull the trigger soon so any quick help is much appreciated.

Based in Arlington, VA :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    Prices have been falling at a rapid pace, but I still can't find a reasonably priced used MB convertible. Does anyone know of a website or dealer who is asking realistic prices for this car? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Carol :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Not likely to get an answer in a VW discussion, I don't think....

Try perusing these discussions.. Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Forums & Discussions

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. I didn't realize I had posted it in the Eos category.
  • lightbearerlightbearer Member Posts: 1
    So, I decided that I want an Eos, and went to a dealer to test drive one today. They only had one left, a 2009 Komfort in that powderpuff blue that I don't care for. Also, it was an automatic. Here's the kicker...the first salesperson was a bit sarcastic when he said "good luck" finding a manual transmission. I have only owned manuals my entire life, and I have no intention of paying extra for something I don't want or need. This would be a dealbreaker. This car that we drove had around 700 miles on it. I was rather blunt as I told them that if I was buying a car in this price range, I had every intention of getting what I wanted. Then, I was told that dealers have limited amounts they an lay out for the Eos, and if they have already done that for the year, they won't want to special order a car. There was also mention of having been burned in the past by someone saying they wanted a car, it being ordered, and then the person not buying it. At some point, I was left to speak with a second salesperson, and told him clearly that I want a 2010 Eos, Thunder Blue, with grey interior, splash guards, mat kit, and ipod adaptor. NO OTHER EXTRAS. I am being led to believe that this will most certainly be a special order, and that I will have to wait MANY weeks for said car. Obviously, I am shopping around. My question is this (finally)....should it be this difficult to get what one wants? and does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of price I will be able to negotiate if I do have to special order the car? I don't really see where the economy has picked up and people are rushing out to buy a car in this price range, cash for clunkers notwithstanding...so I'd think that the people trying to sell them would be a little more accommodating. What gives? :(
  • meepermeeper Member Posts: 20
    so....did you end up buying an eos in northern va? if so, can you share the details?

Thanks
  • rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man

Can you pls let me know current money factor and residual for 2010 Komfort for 36 mth 12 k and 15 k lease.Also is VW offering 0% APR for 60 mth financing on 2010 models also as they are offering on 2009 models.

Pls also let me know if VW is providing any incentives or rebates on 2010 EOS. Planning to pick up car on 27th Feb if can work out a deal. Your response in a day or two would help me negotiate a good deal.

Thanks Rahul
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited March 2010
    Greetings Rahul. I just replied to the message that you posted over in the lease questions discussion for this model. Please click here to see my response: "Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • k4220k4220 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with buying a new Eos in the Virginia/DC area? I noticed there are 4-5 dealerships in the area offering 2010 Eos' at pretty discounted prices.
  • sunnideesunnidee Member Posts: 1
    I am just starting to look for an Eos in West or Middle TN. Can anyone give me any advice? Any dealer you have dealt with? Any idea on what I can expect to pay? Just any ideas really, since I am just starting to look. I want a red one, and not sure about 2010 or 2011....

Thanks!
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Member Posts: 34
    Just bought a new (leftover) 2010 EOS Komfort with Nav. MSRP was $36.8k and dealer discounted it by $8k so I paid $28.8k plus taxes and $55 doc fee. Car had 35 miles when delivered.
  • petetheeospetetheeos Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased a new 2012 Eos Komfort? What kind of discounting is going on, if any.

I see they have 0% financing for 60 months. One dealership in Chicago is advertising 66 months 0% for $33,505 Komfort. Not sure if that means they are not discounting the car.
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    Hi All:

I cant seem to find the current money factor and residual for a 2012 EOS Lux or Executive. Would be interested in 36 month and both 12k and 15k. Any help in finding this information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • sceptre75sceptre75 Member Posts: 3
    I just paid $29,000 for a 2012 VW Eos Komfort. It is September and the 2013 Eos is available so I'm assuming this was the reason for the discount. No trade in. I really like the car so far
  • arcadialease10arcadialease10 Member Posts: 5
    Looking to buy a 2013 Eos Lux - MSRP $40700
    Anybody out there getting good deals on 2013 to buy? What should I be looking at as a reasonable number?