Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Entourage Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• henryzxhenryzx Member Posts: 10
    I bought an 2007 SE - Gold with beige leather - Ultimate Pkg (not other option to add on :D )- 28,300 - OTD $31,900
  • greenjdcgreenjdc Member Posts: 25
    For those who are looking, we just bought a Red w/beige interior limited w/ultimate package in the MD suburbs for 27,939 (also has floor mats and cargo net). OTD was a few hundred under 30K. Took some work to get them to match a price I got emailed from a dealer in VA, but when I stood up to leave they decided they could "crunch the numbers" one more time. Shockingly they were able to match. They kept trying to tell me that the quote I got included the $500 "duh" rebate that is only good if you use Hyundai financing. But in my email to the VA dealer that I said was using credit union financing, and after pointing that out 3 or 4 times and trying to leave, they made it work.
  • aspaaspa Member Posts: 2
    Just finalized a deal (will pick it up next week) for an Entourage Limited w/ultimate package (w/o the sunroof package) plus roof rack crossbars, carpeted floor mats, and cargo net at 27,400 (price w/rebates)+1,644 (tax)+98 (tags etc!!!) = 29,142 (OTD).

Any suggestions if we are getting good deal? Should we take it? Thanks in advance.
  • shaky4shaky4 Member Posts: 25
    I did not know they had an ultimate package without sunroof. They have just 3 trims in limited.

A good price for base limited would be $24.2 K, Limited with PE/PS (premium entertainment/power sunroof) package would be $26K and Ultimate package for $27.8K.

From what you describe, it might be limited with PE but without PS (power sunroof) package and a good price for that would be around $26,500 with the options you mentioned. It also depends on where you live and how competitive your dealer is. If it is with ultimate package, it is a fantastic deal but I am not sure how its missing a sunroof?
  • aspaaspa Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I will check the sunroof issue but yes it is a limited w/o sunroof and all other ult. pckge options. This is a non-metro area and no other dealer within a 45 mile radius. So not that much competition except from other brands.
  • aberwackyaberwacky Member Posts: 5
    Just got a quote for $28152 OTD (plus TTL), that's with $3000 in rebates (2K rebate + 1K owner loyalty). Limited with Ultimate package plus floor mats.

This is in central Arkansas where one company has a monopoly on the Hyundai dealerships, so good deals are few and far between. I brought in a quote from Fitzmall for $27413, and this was as close as they could get. Getting it from Fitzmall would cost about $500 in travel fees, plus the hassle of traveling to get it.

What do you think?

Leigh
  • greenjdcgreenjdc Member Posts: 25
    The deal I described above (27,939 plus TTL, OTD for 29,500 or so) was without the 1K loyalty rebate or the $500 rebate for using Hyundai's finance company. So what they're offering you is basically $1200 more than I got ($1700 if they figured in the $500 financing rebate). Also, for what it's worth, when I bought mine the Fitzmall prices were 28,300, so they've dropped a decent amount since then. I actually bought from Fitzmall and had to fight with them to get the 27,9 price without the $500 rebate - and then a week later they were offering that on their website (27413 plus 500). Good luck. We love the van for what it's worth.
  • aberwackyaberwacky Member Posts: 5
    I ended up getting it from the local dealer for $27054, that's with $3K of rebates and non-Hyundai financing. I think the sales manager was happy to see me leave, LOL.

Leigh
  • bulungkobulungko Member Posts: 2
    OTD was $27,800 with Hyundai financing (it was required to get that price. minimun financing is $10,000 which I never had heard of it. dealer said there is no pre-payment penalty anyway )
    so far so good.

thank you for good info guys
  • nerdlyonenerdlyone Member Posts: 3
    Hi, we live in Sacramento, and have started looking at the Entourage, but don't seem to be getting any good deals. I'm flexible about what particular model we get, but I confess I do like leather seats.

I'd take an SE (best offer so far is $23,620 including the $2K rebate, but apparently not including the $1K loyalty rebate) if I couldn't get a good deal on an LE. So far having trouble finding a plain vanilla LE, but did get an offer of $28,887 for an LE + ultimate pkg (and I can't yet tell if that is supposed to include the $1K loyalty money or not).

I'm kind of disappointed because the model year is basically all over, and I can't even get the prices you guys were getting back in June. Should I just wait until the week after Christmas? Did Hyundai just have such a good year with these minivans that inventory of the 2007's is low enough they're not motivated to sell?

Are there any dealers out on the West Coast that have the fitzmall type reputation for generating good deals? These guys just don't seem very motivated...
  • davethecarnutdavethecarnut Member Posts: 248
    The Loyalty rebate is for Hyundai owners already. Do you have a Hyundai? I'd check with dealers closer to the Bay. I live in So Cal so I have lots of choices of dealers. I think Sacto is a cool city but it is kinda all by itself in the middle of BFE. The dealers probably think you wouldn't be willing to drive a little to get a great deal.
  • hoodwinkhoodwink Member Posts: 25
    May I know here are you getting this from, I amalso interested.

matif at hotmail.com
  • hoodwinkhoodwink Member Posts: 25
    I have been offered a 2007 Entrouge Limited with Entertainment package for 30,500 with 0% for 60 months. Should I go for it?
  • senthilm76senthilm76 Member Posts: 3
    whats the pricing discount you can get today under invoice?
    Probably alot later on....I hear Hyundai is gonna stop making the Entourage in a year. But the Kia will still be made.
  • capecoralbillcapecoralbill Member Posts: 51
    I have not heard that, I asked my dealer he said he is not aware of that. Have you heard the sky is falling? Please quote your references. Thanks, PS I love my Entourage, except for a small vibration at 73 mph.
    The Big Bad Wolf who works at the Fountain Valley, Ca. Hq. happens to be a neighbor of Chicken Little here. He said so. And yes, I love my van too.
    Allrighty then. That'll probably be a blow to my resale value. Thanks for the info
    Maybe.......but the Hyundais are nicer than the Kias. Parts are interchangeable, except for the grill.....so you figure a 2007 Kia Sedona and a 20007 Entourage are for sale, which van would you choose?
    Plus the Wolf said minivans aren't selling well these days. The crossovers are eating into the minivan sales. He said they sell a heck of alot more Tucsons and Santa Fes and even the Veracruzes. Even the new GM crossovers and the Ford's are great sellers even in this market.
  • senthilm76senthilm76 Member Posts: 3
    I have been seeing vans, I see17.5K for entourage with 10K miles with dealers around seatle area, what would be a good price to negotiate to
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large national newspaper is interested in talking with owners who had considered purchasing a Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Caravan. If you had considered one of these vehicles and purchased another one instead, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 9.
  • fiona15fiona15 Member Posts: 1
    Having third child and need to upgrade both cars. So looking to do best possible on price. Like the 2008 Hyundai GLS with the popular equipment package or the 2007 SE.
    Have been given a price of 23,092 for the "08.
    Have seen the '07 advertised for $17,995...(also '07 appears to get better mpg?)
    Would appreciate thoughts on how to get lowest deal.
    Entourage inventories don't seem very high.
    Is it better to wait for the memorial day weekend to buy?
    Love any tips you can offer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The EPA changed their method of rating MPG efficiency for the 2008 models... I doubt anything has actually changed, in that respect...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who bought or are thinking of purchasing a Hyundai. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information.
  • kravonkravon Member Posts: 30
    Inventory seems scare at most dealerships. Im trying to work a miracle deal out the door for 23k and being upside-down 3 grand on trade in? lets talk if you are shopping.
  • shannonchiashannonchia Member Posts: 6
    My husband and I are trying to purchase a brand new 2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited w/ultimate package. We been trying to make a deal with the salesmen and the best we could do was $25,775.00 after tax, title, and license. Do you think this is a good deal? I know that the '09 will be coming out and thought that was a little high to be paying for a 2007. The marked price on the van was 33,000 w/a 7,000 rebate which brought it down to 27,000 he told me the best he could do was 25,995 and now he is saying he can give it to me at 23,500 before tax, title and license. Please let me know if you think this is a good deal!!

Thank you
    I'm trying to decide which van is better. If anyone out there has one of these vans can you please let me know how you like them. I'm so stressed out about this so please any help would be great!!! Thanks again.
    Wow!! They still have an 07 on their lot? We're already in the second half of 08. That thing is costing them money to sit on their lot. You have the leverage. Offer them something between the retail and wholesale of the same van as a "used" model. I've heard from a reliable source that Hyundai isn't gonna make Entourages anymore. But Kia will still make the Sedona. If you can't get that van for a smoking deal, check out the Kia.
  • kravonkravon Member Posts: 30
    Hyundai is uncertain what they will do with this model beyond 2009. You have incredible leverage on that 2007. Ask them the last time the fluids were replaced.
    OK everyone I got the price down to 23,250 after tax, title and License fees and a 1000.00 down payment we are looking at a note of $408.51. What does everyone think is it a good deal or should I pass! Like I said it is a '07 Entourage Limited fully loaded, w/rear entertainment package. Let me know!

Shannon
    So after the $ 1000.00 down payment it was 23250? Was that 1000 your money or a rebate if it was your money, then you only got them down to 24250 right? No trade in? 24250 after tax (how much is tax in your state?) sounds like a good deal to me, even if the the van is over a year old, but NOT used.
    No the price for the van was 23,250 before my 1000 down. so after taxes (8.7%) and Liense fees w/1000 down comes out to be 24,409.00
    So you are paying 25,409.00 for the van. That isn't really that good a deal for you. I thought your $23250 included sales tax and lic, that would have been a good deal. I paid a total of $28,000 no trade in, for a 2007 limited without the dvd moonroof memory seats back in November of 2006. Keep workin on em, walk out a coulple of times if that helps. Bill
    Well I didn't buy the Entourage I bought the Honda Odyssey EX instead. Love it, Love it, Love it!!! paid little over 28,000 after tax, title/licence. Oh and bought the rear entertainment to go on head rest, that is included in the 28,000. Thank you for your advice on the Entourage!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2008 or 2009 Hyundai Entourage who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pevans17pevans17 Member Posts: 2
    Help!

I'm on the verge of purchasing a 2008 limited entourage (no DVD package) for $28,375 out the door. Is this a good price? can any of you give me any ideas of what you paid?

Thanks in advance,

Pnina.
  • thehothitthehothit Member Posts: 19
    That is a lot of money for a 2008 Entourage Limited. The Kia Sedona is exactly the same vehicle (with some very minor cosmetic differences). Whilst the deprecation on both vehicles is very high, the Sedona will depreciate a little slower than the Entourage.

Good Luck!
  • pevans17pevans17 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that the manager wants to add an ipod connector, bluetooth and pay for the last two payments on my lease.

Problem with getting a Kia around where I live, is that the closest dealer is 35 miles away...

Does any of that change anything? :-)
  • oracle8oracle8 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a New 2008 Entourage GLS for $18,285 out of the door. A limited should be around $20,285 out of the door.
  • thewall31thewall31 Member Posts: 11
    just got back from helping out the in-laws get a dealer demo 08 Entourage GLS with 3K MILES ON IT it has the premium package with rear sensors dvd blue tooth infinity sound system ect, basically everything but leather , the sticker on brand new 08 none demo Entourages withe the same premium package were at 32k and change , it still has the full factory warranty and it has just 3k on so it is in near mint condition before tax tag title the price they got it for was 21K , which is like 11.5k off the sticker did they do ok ? with this price
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    Yeah, decent price. Your price was higher in that you have the extras. My brother picked up on 08 Sedona, same van, with the same situation it was a dealer executive demo. This one had 8,000 miles on it but was mint and did not have the extra's just the standard LX for $13,000.00 OTD with full warranty. Honestly makes the cry a little in how little he paid.

Back in the end of 06 I purchased my Sedona for $18,500 +++ LX model and I put in a 10.4 inch screen in the back with a Pioneer touchscreen in the front and HID xenon headlights for just under $1,000.00 Your always going to pay more for the factory options but you have a longer warranty on those item. Enjoy the van it is a good one. ;)
  • thelinuxthelinux Member Posts: 13
    GLS base price is about 26K and Limited base price is about 30K. there is 6K price difference. But you suggest that the price difference is about only 2K? Are you sure on this?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A national business reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai because of the Assurance Program (or Assurance Program Plus). Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, March 13, 2009.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• djbadjba Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I just bought a 2007 Entourage Limited yesterday. It has 25,000 miles on it and about every option they offer. I got it for just under $15,000 which I considered a very good deal.

The only issues that I have discovered are that one of the remote key fobs doesn't seem to work even after replacing the battery ... same for the DVD remote. It didn't come with the wireless headphones and I have not figured out how to get the DVD player to play through the van's sound system. I am going to continue to work on these issues but if anyone has any suggestions of things to try, I would appreciate it.

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA
  • stushstush Member Posts: 62
    For the dvd to play through the sound system you push the AUX button at the top left of your radio consul. As for the key fob not working, I think it somehow got de programed and the dealer should be able to do it. I also am having the same problem with my remote, just haven't got it to the dealer to fix. Hopefully that's the problem for the DVD remote
  • stushstush Member Posts: 62
    Had van in for inspection, turns out the key fob was bad, got new one replaced under warranty. They need both key fobs to reprogram to van. Possible the dvd remote just went bad also. Take it to the dealer.
  • 88hodori88hodori Member Posts: 11
    This is central TX. A dealer here wants 26000 for a used 2008 Enourage limited, fully loaded (DVD, sun roof, leather seats, etc). 200 miles or so (apparently an executive demo), and is being sold AS IS--used.

Is that a decent price?

Also, what determines whether a car gets sold as used or new? Because this car is being sold as used, it apparently doesn't qualify for any Hyundai incentives.
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    Not a good deal for an as is Entourage.
    In Feb I purchased a brand new fully loaded Entourage after all rebates I purchased it for $24330 plus T&L it also had Blue tooth , Mud flaps, Cargo system, and bug deflector. The Entourage is discontinued so you should get a better deal. If not try the Kia Sedona ( same as entourage with slightly diferent front and rear) Kia is owned by Hyundai and this model is not going to be discontinued
  • 88hodori88hodori Member Posts: 11
    I guess the inventory for the Entourage has dried up, and the dealers who have stock don't appear to be in any hurry to move their stock. Based on some of the prices reported here and the fact that this is an out-of-production model, I was expecting better discounts. Darn.

The inventory for 2008 Kia Sedona's is almost non-existent here in central TX. :-(
This discussion has been closed.