Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• matttw618matttw618 Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    be forewarned that if considering a lease on VW, the potential service and lease turn experience can become a total nightmare.
    nearly two months ago my wife brought her car in for a simple service and the get the check engine and passenger airbag sensor lights checked out.
    the dealer investigated the issues, and told us that they needed to order two simple parts (sensors that had malfunctioned) and would call us when they came in but otherwise everything was OK with the car.
    fast forward three weeks later, still no word from dealership on when parts are coming in. wife calls, dealer does not return calls for at least a week.
    finally dealer gets back more than a week later and about a month from initial servicing. and what a miracle, the parts will be in within a day or two.

we bring the car in with the expectation that the fix will be completed in one day, maybe picking it up a day later at most. during the servicing, its revealed that opps the dealer really didnt investigate the issue well and they need to order another part for the airbag/seat, but that it will come in the next day. mind you, throughout this entire process i do not get any phone calls from the service dept, i have to call stop in and ask wtf is going on. we tried calling but they simple dont return calls.

next day, service manager tells me it says the part came in and his guy is online at the parts counter to get it and they will finish up that afternoon. maybe early evening.
    guess what, they finally call us at 430 that day and say opps we got the wrong part it doesn't fit (some alleged claim that they ordered the right part but what was in the box was wrong, sounds fishy to me, even if it did really happen, who knows what to believe now as we have been given excuse after excuse for the delays and 99% of the updates have to be initiated by us); ok so while yesterday they could have to the correct part in 24 hours now to get the correct part, they need to order it from germany which will take as we are told 7-8 days? if it was truly the wrong part in the right box, couldn't they go back to that supplier and get another? again it all sounds strange.

now 7-8 days will put us right around the turn in time for the end of lease. however if we turn in early without this being fixed, we have to pay for it since would appear as though we failed to get the car serviced. we contact dealer and VW credit to get everything cleared up and make sure everyone is aware of the timing and that we should not be held liable as it has been over a month now for what was initially labeled a "simple fix"

so now knowing that it will be a week we get a loaner (a POS chrysler, but whatever, its a car)

about 3 days later VW credit follows up with us making sure everything was OK and says they have spoken to the service manger who assured them it would be fixed in 10-14 days! wait what? so the service manger lied to us again, 10-14 puts us AFTER the lease turn in date.

after numerous phone calls we finally get everyone to agree that the dealer will pay the late turn in fees. 2 days before the end of her lease term, we go to the dealer and turn the car over to them and return the loaner. expectation now is that the dealer will follow up with VW credit and resolve any outstanding issues. we just need a copy of the paper work that says everything is done when the servicing is complete. we are assured this will happen within the week

end of that week, the part still hasnt come in

early next week, we get a call from the dealer asking about the loaner and how long we had it. and they were going to send us a bill for it as a rental. we fight that and finally get it cleared up.

two days later, get a letter in the mail from VW credit claiming we still have the vehicle and are going to be charged for the extra month etc.... we contact service manager, he says tehy will complete in a day or two and finalize with VW credit. we wont owe any late fees.
    we also contact VW credit to confirm they are in alignment and understand what is going on. all sides claim they are and it will be OK once the service is finished.

thats where we stand now, so to say its been painful is an understatement. this experience was with Jeff D'Ambrosia VW in Downingtown. I am disgusted with this dealer and VW. i cannot recommend them or VW for anyone unless you want to pay for a car you cant drive and waste hours upon hours driving to the service department to get answers.

so long story short, we did not have my wife's car for the last two weeks of her lease and yet we still had to pay all the monthly payments and turn in costs. :mad: i am not a litigious person, but since this experience has been unlike anything i have ever encountered and has wasted hours, if not days of my time. do we have any legal recourse here to recoup some of those costs? oh VW offered us a 750 coupon for our next VW! hahaaha. as if i would ever consider leasing or buying a VW in my life time.
  • myvw1myvw1 Posts: 1
    Deal signed at Lokey in Clearwater Florida

36 Month Lease
    12K miles
    zero down
    First payment rolled in
    $466.52

I thought was great. I had four dealers competeing. Let me know If I did get a good deal. :)

Thanks.
  • I just leased a 2012 Eos Executive, indium gray with cornsilk for following:

$3000 down
    $455 a month, incl. tax
    12,000 miles a year
    3 year lease

Think it was a good deal, but who the heck knows! :D
  • Hi All:

I cant seem to find the current money factor and residual for a 2012 EOS Lux or Executive. Would be interested in 36 month and both 12k and 15k. Any help in finding this information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • You've come to the right place, getwired. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Eos Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Eos Executive are .00067 and 49%.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the Lux and $2,250 on the Executive into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I have been to a few dealers and get very different lease prices...

One dealer offered....sales price of 33405+fee 499 +tax of 2034.24 and tag transfer of 250 total 36188.24

So how much with perfect credit do you think this car would be to lease for 3 yr 36000?

Another dealer gave me a 36000 mile 3 yr lease + tax 6%= 395.93+. 6%= 419.68 and 0 down

Yet one more dealer gave about the same with 1500 inception.....?

Do u think the dealer offering 0 down is lying to me?

Ok just wanted to run this by you....
    Thoughts??

Many thanks - I have never leased before so kind of nervous!
  • One more offer was
    389 + s/tax @ 15,000 miles
    @12,000 miles reduce lease cost by $10-$12
    $1,395 Inception

Why would one dealer say there's inception and another dealer does not have it??
  • club619club619 Posts: 53
    Car_Man,

My wife and I are potentially looking into a new EOS soon, and were wondering what the money factor & residual are for the 36 month vs 48 month leases.

Looking at probably 10k or 12k miles/year (currently averaging about 7k/year on our lease ending soon).

Also, our zip is 90292, but we're looking at several dealers in the area.
  • Hi club619. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00106 and 45%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Could you please provide me with the MF and residual for an EOS Lux lease for 15,000 miles and 36 months?
    Thanks!
  • I'd be happy to help you out nhbanker. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Eos Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • nhbankernhbanker Posts: 20
    Thanks Car_man. Can you let me know if the MF or residual is any different for March? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome nhbanker. The numbers are exactly the same in March as they were in February.

Car_man
    Host
  • rtargettrtargett Posts: 1
    Good morning,

Are the incentives and rates the same for an EOS Executive in April?

Thanks,
    Excited to join the VW world (soon!)
  • Carman, I am looking for rates on a 36 month, 20k miles per year on Komfort and Lux. Thanks for your help!
  • eleacheleach Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 EOS Komfort for 36 months, 10k miles a year ( car is precertified with 4,500 miles on it already) . do you know the residual value % and money factor I should be using when determining what the lease payments should be? Thanks!
    Hi rtargett. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Eos Executive with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sebastian504. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Eos Komfort with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Eos Lux are .00021 and 48%.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If so and you need to drive more than that, it would be in your best interest to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis at lease signing instead of waiting until lease-end and having to pay an excess mileage penalty.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Komfort and $1,500 on the Lux.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eleach. Are you saying that this is a CPO vehicle rather than a new one? If so, then it would not be eligible for VW Credit's new vehicle lease program. You still might be able to lease a CPO Eos, but its program likely would not be as attractive.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man:

I am attempting to close a deal today on a 2012 VW Eos Executive, in order to take advantage of the $1,500 incentive that expires today. Could you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a 2012 Eos at 10,000 miles per year? If you have the different rates for the tiers VW credit offers, that would be helpful as well!

Thank you,
    Stephanie2486
  • samkamsamkam Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hi Car_Man,
    I am thinking of leasing the VW EoS in San Diego, CA. Can you please tell me if there are any incentives at the moment I can ask for? Also, is this a good deal or is there any room for negotiation:

12K lease on the 2012 EOS Komfort:
    Payment: $369.97 plus tax
    Total Drive Off: $3400

Please help / advise

Thanks
    Hi samkam. Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Eos through VW Credit.

It's difficult for me to tell how much room, if any, there is to negotiate on this car without knowing its MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or some other knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • samkamsamkam Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for your reply. As you must've guessed, I am new to leasing and want to make sure I don't get ripped off. Here is what one dealer in San Jose, Ca is offering:
    Make: VW
    Body Style: Convertible
    Trim: Komfort
    Vehicle Type: CAR
    Options: First Aid kit & mat kit
    MSRP: 35,405
    Invoice: 33,872
    Lease details:
    Grs cap cost 30,832 (Selling price)
    Cap reduction:1099
    Net cap cost: 29732

Base payment: 345.88
    Tax: 29.40
    Down :2000
    Monthly payment: 375.28 

Term: 36 Months
    Miles: 12K per year

Does this look like a good deal? I am reading a lot of posts online that say that you should not put money down when leasing a car but rather walk away with zero out the door. Is that possible?

Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Thanks
  • Hey Car man,

I am looking at a 2013 Eos in Komfort trim with an MSRP of $35,xxx. I am hoping to get information on a what VW is using for 2013 VW Eos convertibles 36 month/12K and a 36 month/15K lease with regards to Money Factor and residuals.

The kicker is, I am looking to do a "one pay" lease and I wonder how this will factor into the equation. What should I be going for ($) off of the standard lease. I am assuming excellent credit but frankly I am not sure.

Thanks for your help!
    Here's the information that you're looking for 1967mercury. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Eos with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

I don't see a very many advance pay leases, so I don't know what the specific money factor reduction is for one through VW Credit, but I can look into it and see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • These posts are bout 4 months old, and there is a new promo tip the end of July. Can you help me out with MF and residual on a 2013 Lux at both 12K and 15 K miles? Thanks.
124»