Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007+ Infiniti G35

1131415161719»

Comments

• scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    It's funny how every G has a slightly different top end. One factor may be the model. The S comes with the higher rated tires and there's talk that the tire rating decides the top end.
    With that being said, my G35x has seen 145 and was going for more when I let up, so I'm not sure what the real top end of my car was when I tried it.

With my new ECU tune, the new top end is set to 180, but I have no intentions of ever seeing those speeds again.
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Well...that's the thing. If anything....the S should post a higher top speed. As a side note...the first run was with the old ECU flash and the second was with the 3rd gear thunk...touchy throttle TSB....same exactly flat spot. I gotta try it again...just can't afford to get caught ! !
  • sjaievesjaieve Member Posts: 252
    With my new ECU tune, the new top end is set to 180, but I have no intentions of ever seeing those speeds again.

LOL, you guys are really having fun out there.
  • gocargo1gocargo1 Member Posts: 3
    My G35X, 2008 all of a sudden lost the radio presets. The clock and other electrical components appear to be ok and the battery was never disconnected. I purchased the car in Jun 08 so it's nearly a year old.

I'd appreciate it if you or someone could provide any information regarding what the cause and fix might be as I'm about to take it in and the dealers were both unaware of this problem.

Thanks.
    My 2008 G35x, will be a year old in Jun 09 also lost radio presets w/o the battery being disconnected - the clock and other items appear ok, but the radio presets were just cleared out one day - do you know what might be the cause?, fix? The dealers I spoke to were not aware of the problem, which worries me that they'll struggle for a solution. Any info will be appreciated - thanks.
  • 1gr8cpa1gr8cpa Member Posts: 7
    Infiniti purchased my G35x back from me end of October 2008. They could not determine what was causing the problem. I documented all of the problems in writing and worked with them under the state lemon law. In addition to the radio, the GPS would lose settings and switch to day mode at night and night mode during the day.
    Good luck.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Join Consumer Advice Editor, Phil Reed, and other Edmunds staff for an auto industry chat TONIGHT, Wednesday, 9:00 -10:00 pm/et (6:00 -7:00 pm/pt). To enter the chat, click on the banner at the top of the page.

See you there!
    Whoa. Well let's hope it doesn't have to come to that! I've been recording to the Music Box, popping CDs in/out over the past couple weeks since it happened the first time and so far, knock on wood, I've not had it happen since my Message posting - Thanks for the response - I do appreciate it.
  • the57spoons1the57spoons1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know that if you have the G35 tecnoglogy package,but no backup camara installed, Is it possible to add a factory trunk spoiler mount camera? And would this work without an extra module? Is it pre-wired for the camara?

Thanks
  • the57spoons1the57spoons1 Member Posts: 2