Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Jimmy Chevy Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem

jonnyringjonnyring Member Posts: 74
86K miles.
Wife's car.
When she fills it up, it reads full.
Then, it will read wherever it wants.
We just left a store and it read 3/4. 2 miles later pulling into our driveway it read 1/2.
Any recalls or anyone else have this problem and know the "fix"??
Hope it's not the sender...I don't wanna drop another tank as I recently did on my '91 Jimmy.
TIA
jonny
8-)

Comments

• thatsmrsavanathatsmrsavana Member Posts: 2
    It's the fuel sending unit.
    I have had a 99 and 2000 Savana, both with this same issue. I've researched the internet to find 1000's of complaints, but very few to GM. People need to call GM and complain! Then maybe they'd figure out there's a problem. Without data from customers, GM won't do squat for those of us that do call them. They assume there's no problem because few people call and complain. Even if you do it yourself or go to an independent mechanic, call GM customer service 800 462-8782 and tell them your issue.
  • jonnyringjonnyring Member Posts: 74
    Ayup.
    GM knows...there was a TSB but not a recall 'cause it was NOT a "safety issue".
    I STRONLY DISAGREE!!! When my wife is stranded on the interstate up against a "Jersey Barrier" (in the fast lane)during rush hour traffic it IS a "SAFETY ISSUE"!!!
    >8-(

I replaced it myself. Found the sensor online for $68 when all the STEELerships wanted $130.
    One STEELership lied to me and told me I had to buy the whole pump/sensor unit $580!!!!!
    I NEVER bring my cars to STEELerships!!! I do all my own work on my 12 vehicles.
    I mount and balance my own rubber as well.
    The ONLY thing I let someone do is a front end alignment on my wife's car.
    I align all my vehicles myself.
    Oh one other thing...emissions...I have to let a "monkey" drive my BMWs' airdams into the ramps!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
    >8-(
  • adjuster1adjuster1 Member Posts: 1
    Okay, how do you replace the fuel sending sensor? I have had this problem on our 1997 Chev Blazer, 1998 GMC Jimmy and our 2000 GMC Envoy. Each time we have a transmission worked on, it screws up the gauge. I spent $400 + to repair the Blazer and will not do that again. No we just check th odometer and get a fill up every 200 miles. It would be nice to repair myself.

But How?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Powhatan, VA
    First order the sender (it attaches to the pump inside the tank.
    On my 200 Envoy..I drove the driver's side of the car up on ramps (as the fuel tank is located on the driver's side inside the frame rail.
    It's best if there is NO FUEL in the tank!!!
    2 metal straps hole it up in place. Spray the thread with PB Blaster for 1/2 a day to soak (one of mine **SNAPPED** and I had to mod./fab. another strap.)
    Slowly drop the tank, cutting any wires ties holding the fuel lines/wires to the frame....along with unclamoing fuel fill/vents and pulling off.
    Once you get 'er down...unhook hoses/wires and slide it out.
    Now remove the pump/sender pickup unit from the tank.
    Remove the faulty sender and install the new...bunch of funky clips and wires that unplug. Reinstall.
    Reverse prosess of tank, using a floor jack and /or 5 gal. buckets/blocks of wood too support it until you can get the straps started to thread.
    My tank was plastic & empty of fuel, but it still was a PITA!
    I saved $600+ doing it myself.
    good luck and report back with your success.
    jonny
    8-)
  • snowstorm1snowstorm1 Member Posts: 11
    hi I have a 2000 envoy with the same prob fuel gauge bounces all over the place. I know its the sensor but the Steelership wants like 200 bux, so if you can remember where you got that sensor can you please email me or post it
    thanks
    PS got another prob also Passenger low beam burnt out (HID) anyone know of anyplace I can get a new one. steelership wants like 850
    Thanks
    Snowstorm1
    darn, I don't remember, but I have a few bookmarks:

link title
    SK1188 Fuel Lvl Sensor Kit $140.17 $82.51
    Fuel Sending Switch;Except Sender, robust fuel sys (K53); Years: 2000-2000;Qty Per Vehicle

link title

Item Price Core Total
    ACDELCO Part # SK1186 {#19121293}
    SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL 4 DOOR; w/o SENDER,ROBUST FUEL SYS (K53)

$77.79 $0.00 $77.79
    ACDELCO Part # SK1188 {#19121300}
    SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL 2 DOOR; w/o SENDER,ROBUST FUEL SYS (K53)

$82.79 $0.00 $82.79
  • toyia1toyia1 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you ever got the problem taken care of. I am in the process of sewing GM but am interested in starting a class action suit which only takes two people. Please email me back and let me know.
    Ayup.
    GM knows...there was a TSB but not a recall 'cause it was NOT a "safety issue".
    I STRONLY DISAGREE!!! When my wife is stranded on the interstate up against a "Jersey Barrier" (in the fast lane)during rush hour traffic it IS a "SAFETY ISSUE"!!!
    >8-(

I replaced it myself. Found the sensor online for $68 when all the STEELerships wanted $130.
    One STEELership lied to me and told me I had to buy the whole pump/sensor unit $580!!!!!
    I NEVER bring my cars to STEELerships!!! I do all my own work on my 12 vehicles.
    What your email??
    I'm pissed as hell @ GM for not repairing this under a TSB warranty!
    [email protected]
  • elkhornenvoyelkhornenvoy Member Posts: 1
    I have had one replaced under warr on our 2005 and just had to pay for the one to get fixed on our 2006. The 2005 gauge is having issues again and now out of warr. Where do I sign up?
    i'M STILL WAITING FOR AN EMAIL from toyia1 ????? :surprise:
  • snowstorm1snowstorm1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all

I just did my 2000 envoy's sending unit an dit cost me like 200 and 1.1 hrs labour

the kit can be bought right at any chev/gmc dealer . its not the whole sending /pump its just called a repair kit

hope this helps my fellow gmc/chev ppl out there
    Snowman
    tHAT'S GREAT...I did mine for $68.
    The only reason for me to walk into a STealership would be to BURN IT DOWN!!!!!
  • owngmowngm Member Posts: 1
    You mention transmission work and fuel sensor failing. Do you know what caused it? I just had 2001 tranny replaced (102000 mi) by dealer and when I picked it up the fuel gauge no longer works. Needless to say they claim that nothing they did had anything to do with it. Those sensors just go bad at the drop of a hat. I don't think so. Too much of a coincidence.
    I would have to say "coincidence" as well. They fail. Why? No clue.
    I don't think any tranny work could've caused it as it's inside the tank.
    Maybe they gave the tank a good HIT, but it's plastic and should absorb the blow.
    BUT, you never know...it was due to go and an "innocent" hit could have been the straw that broke the preverbial camels back.
    jonny
    8-)
  • omowbrayomowbray Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My envoy fuel guage problem was similar to those mentioned - eratic needle, only works at certain levels.

Anywho, just wanted to write that the cost for the float level sensor through our local mechanic was $139. The labor was about $400. Total cost was $539. While this may seem high, we've been using the same mechanic for the last 14 years, so I have to beleive they were fair.

Anyways, now this info is available for those looking.
  • trip4trip4 Member Posts: 1
    New to the list. My 05 Envoy fuel gauge is on the fritz as others have stated. Our 3-year warranty ran out in January, yet only has 29,000 miles. Can I fix this myself? If so, where do I get the part and how do I do it? If not, what will it cost and what do I tell them to fix in order to not have them do things that are not needed.

Thanks.
    "Can I fix this myself? If so, where do I get the part and how do I do it? If not, what will it cost and what do I tell them to fix in order to not have them do things that are not needed. "

I'm assuming you read all the previous threads??
    It's preetty much explained in detail I do believe??
  • macsduecemacsduece Member Posts: 1
    My wife's car is a 2000 Jimmy. We have had the sending unit replaced but still have a fuel gauge that fluctuates DAILY!!. Can anyone help with suggestions as to what the cause could be. Thank you and have a great day. Look forward to anyone's help in this matter.

Allen
  • pedal2dametalpedal2dametal Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue with the fuel gauge on my 2005 GMC Envoy. I can register 1/4 a tank but the minute I fill, the gauge drops below empty and the fuel light comes on. I have to drive at least 25 miles to have it register even a 1/4 of a tank and a full 70-85 miles for the gauge to get to show a more accurate level. The mechanic I went to admitted it was the fuel level sensor causing the issue but advised me that I had to replace the entire fuel pump. He quoted $505 for the fuel pump and an additional $360 for the labor. Can you say "rip off"?! Keep in mind, this same shop charged me separate labor charges on a routine oil change and tune-up to the tune of $526!!! :mad:
    "$505 for the fuel pump and an additional $360 for the labor."

Can you say "Bull$hit!!"
    There was a "silent recall "on the senders.
    I bought a sender only on line for around $85.
    Replaced it myself. (2000 GMC Envoy)
    STEALERSHIP said "entire pump" as well and wanted $850+ to do the job.

Check your year and model.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1362888,parttype,10729

ACDELCO Part # SK1186 {#19121293}
    SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL 4 DOOR; w/o ROBUST FUEL SYS SENDER(K53)
    $95.79
    ACDELCO Part # SK1188 {#19121300, 25314231, SK1008}
    SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL 2 DOOR; w/o ROBUST FUEL SYS SENDER(K53)
    $100.79

IT APPEARS THEY HAVE GONE UP $10 IN THE LAST 3 YEARS??? :mad:

3 YEARS LATER...THE PUMP WENT...i GOT THE ENTIRE ASSY. AT A JUNKYARD FOR $100 AND REPLACED THE ENTIRE THING AGAIN. i HAVE THE $85 SENDER I BOUGHT THE FIRST TIME AROUND AS A SPARE IN CASE THE JUNKYARD ONE GOES BAD.
  • mflippomflippo Member Posts: 1
    Issues started with speedometer gauge sometimes starting at different points, i.e. 40 mph and registers correctly from that point. If I turn ignition off and on the needle drops by 5 mph each time, eventually getting back to 0. Sometimes does not work at all. Fuel gauge needle sometimes drops to bottom and will not register at all. I have been using my digital mileage to gauge gas usage. Also, battery charges fine when engine is running but dies almost immediately if doors are left open or radio is operational without engine running. In short, could this be as simple as replacing the battery? Have had so many opinions that I don't know what to do!
  • doctourdoctour Member Posts: 1
    2001 gmc jimmy...drove home gas gauge read 1/4 tank..next day cranked over but wont start..gas gauge reads empty...put $10.00 from spare gas can..cranked over
    but no start ..gas gauge still reads empty...used a OBD2 code reader but it dosent finish tests ..has yellow light and flashes C EV 2A for 20 mins....any help thx :lemon:
  • icbmicbm Member Posts: 14
    Curious if anybody has been able to get this covered under gm's extended warranty(purchased when we bought it) It falls under the warranty coverage 5yrs after and less than 75k. It goes in tomm for 'diagnostics' Wish me luck.
  • wlaywlay Member Posts: 4
    Good News Guys - I had the problem with my 2006 Envoy - when I fill up the guage goes to empty and the fuel light comes on. I read on the Blog about the gage prolems and the fuel sensor problems with the envoy - got a number off the blog for GM Technical Service - Supprisingly - although I have 69,000 miles on the car - after a few hoops to go through in getting the problem officially diagnosed, GM AGREED TO PAY THE FULL COST TO REPARE THE FUEL SENSOR GAGUE, A JOB I PRICED AT $500. WAY TO GO GM FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING AND PROVIDING GREAT SERVICE.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Wonderful! It's always nice to hear stories with a happy ending. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ncullinncullin Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind giving me the number for GM Technical Service? I am having the exact same problem with my gas gauge. How many hoops will I need to go through? :)
  • mikexuvmikexuv Member Posts: 1
    Can you share the GM number? I have the exact same issue.2005 XUV
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Have you had a dealership look at your gas gauge? What is the VIN, and the current mileage on the vehicle? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • judilynnjudilynn Member Posts: 1
    Hello, do you mind providing me with the telephone number to call and discuss my fuel sensor gauge issue? Thank you in advance.
    Hello,
    Here is the number that you requested-1-800-462-8782. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
  • rpeasteprpeastep Member Posts: 4
    I have an '05 Envoy that has the fuel gauge/sensor problem, started about 70,000 miles or so. Has 95, 000 on it now. VIN# is 1GNDS13SX52368218. Although I recently gave this car to my daughter when she finished school, it was my late wife's car since '06. I own 4 other GM products, each with substantially higher mileage, and have never experienced this problem with any of them.
    Hello,
    Thank you for the information. Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership to have it diagnosed? Is the problem intermittent or all the time? Thank you,
  • rpeasteprpeastep Member Posts: 4
    When it first started it was intermittent for a while but it soon became a constant problem and it never attempts to work properly. Should I establish a case with GM before I have her take it into the dealer?
    Hello,
    I can actually set up a case with GM for you. So that we can have one of our agents look into the situation for you. They are going to request that you take the vehicle to the dealership to have the issue diagnosed. I will need your contact information, dealership, and if you have an extended warranty or not. You can email me this information, so I can get the process going. Thank you,
    edited April 2010
    This has happened to thousands of cars (Envoys, Jimmy's, etc.)
    GM should be repairing the sending units free of charge!
    My wife's 2000 Envoy did the same thing.
    This should have been a RECALL! It could have been an emergency situation if my wife ran out of gas on I-95 during rush hour while in the fast lane of travel.
    STEALERSHIPS want $580.00 to $800.00 to change entire pump/sending unit!
    I found a sending unit online for $68 and did the job myself!
    And I might add...it was a PITA> One of the fuel tank securing straps SNAPPED because it was RUSTED. I had to replace that as well!!

READ EVERY POST FROM THE BEGINNING REGARDING THIS.

jonnyring, "2000 Jimmy/Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem" #1, 24 Sep 2006 5:58 am
    Hello,
    I apologize for the concerns you have had with your vehicle. Unfortunately dealerships are independently owned and operated, and we don't have control over what they charge to fix vehicles. I will document your concern and pass that along to GM. You can email me at [email protected] if you have any other concerns you would like me to document. Thank you,
    "Unfortunately dealerships are independently owned and operated, and we don't have control over what they charge to fix vehicles "
    That has NOTHING to do with this!.
    I believe there was a TSB on the level sender gauge problem, yet no RECALL!
    That is the problem. GM should be paying STEALERSHIPS to fix every bad sender.
    Hello,
    I was just addressing your statement in your post about the dealerships. I can understand your frustration with the situation. I have also documented what you have posted and forwarded the information to GM. I understand that you want a recall for the part; however I cannot force a recall. All I can do at this point is document your concern and give it to GM. Thank you,
  • cymber74cymber74 Member Posts: 1
    I also am having a problem with my 2006 Envoy and the gas gage. It is very frustrating. We have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to take a look at it.
    Hello,
    Thank you for getting back to me. Let me know how it goes with the dealership tomorrow. If they are have any trouble finding a fix then I will look into the issue further. Thank you,
  • kreed2384kreed2384 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 05 and the gauge has not worked for almost a year now and it only has 66k. And I did run out of gas on the interstate with my 3yr old in the car not a fun time. I have had test run on this problem but they just say it needs new sensors. I have friends and relatives with envoys and they have the same problems. Sounds like it should have been a recall.
    Hello Kreed2384,
    I am from GM Customer Service. When you said you took the vehicle for a test run, did you mean that you have taken the vehicle to the dealership already? Can you please email me with more information, so I can look into this further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah,
    What're you doing here anyhow? Do you get paid to "Passify" everyone on any/every forum regarding a problem that should've been a RECALL to begin with? This has been an ongoing problem for 9-10 years now ...and after reading this entire thread from THE BEGINNING almost everyone has fixed this FUEL SENDER PROBLEM OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET either from the extortionistic STEALERSHPS or like myself....ran the tank empty....jacked up the driver side of the vehicle...snapped a rusted fuel tank retaining strap, and either replaced the sender or sender and pump?
    Myself being a handyman mechanic, got off easy with a $68.00 (replacement sender) and 3+ hours labor (free) of my weekend.
    You are not part of the solution...you are merely a representative of the problem who has no authority to do "the right thing" and demand a RECALL.
    It's nice of you to visit us and provide useless information, but IMO. you have done nothing to resolve this problem, nor have have the authority to do so.
    What is your annual $$'s? I'll take job any day.
    jon
    8-)
  • calahoocalahoo Member Posts: 5
    Hi Mariah,
    I am having the same issue with my 2007 Envoy gas guage. My low fuel light comes on and bings for what seems like forever. Who would I contact in Canada from GM? I assume I have to take it to the dealership again? Do you extended warranty for it to get fixed? I know it is probably be different in Canada.
    Thanks
    Jennifer
    Hello Jennifer,
    You would contact this number: Customer Communication Centre:
    1-800-263-3777 (English)
    1-800-263-7854 (French)
    Customer Communication Centre hours of operation are:
    Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
    Closed Sundays
    You will speak to an agent who will most likely tell you to take it to the dealership to have it diagnosed. As far as the warranty I am not familiar with how it works in Canada, unfortunately I can only assist U.S. customers with warranty questions. However, your agent should be able to address those questions with you. Thank you,
    Hello Jon,
    I apologize that you take my presence here on this forum to be offensive. As you well know I cannot issue a recall simply because you request one. One of the main ways that recalls happen is by customers reporting issues. I do document those issues as I hear about them. So yes, I would like to think that I am part of the solution and not the problem. I am here to assist our customers to the best of my ability. Thank you for your comments Jon, and have a wonderful weekend.
    edited May 2010
    Hi Mariah,
    Not "offensive"...just typical, rhetorical, bureaucratical "Customer Service" uselessness.

People come here to see if other's are having the same (or similar) problems ... find the answers (solutions) to their problems and to see how to go about fixing them. All this has been addressed from the beginning of this thread since i started it on Sep 24, 2006, and pretty much now the issue has been diagnosed, answered and repaired by everyone.

Now 3 1/2 years later, you chime in with "call your dealer to diagnose it"

Your rhetorical:
    "....contact this number: Customer Communication Centre:
    ...speak to an agent who will most likely tell you to take it to the dealership to have it diagnosed..
    Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership to have it diagnosed?
    ...we can have one of our agents look into the situation for you. They are going to request that you take the vehicle to the dealership to have the issue diagnosed.
    I will document your concern and pass that along to GM., blah, blah, blah..."

....is too little/too late.

I know you're just doing your job, but hands-on knowledge of this problem has already been discussed here and it is now pretty much a "dead issue".
    I think your services could be used and much more useful somewhere else..... (possibly the beginning posts of a new problem in a NEW thread?)

Long List of TSB'S for Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy

04-02-32-001C 07/26/2007 Steering Gear - Stub Shaft Bearing Kit Available
    05-06-04-022D 07/26/2007 Fuel System - TOP TIER Gasoline Usage (Canada)
    07-08-50-015 07/23/2007 Interior - Power Seat(s) Inoperative/Binds/Jams/Noisy
    06-08-50-009B 07/19/2007 Restraints - Front Passenger Seat Accessory Precautions
    05-08-44-005A 07/19/2007 Entertainment System - Headphone Foam Pad Replacement
    07-09-41-005 07/10/2007 Restraints - Air Bag Lamp ON/DTC B0092 Set
    05-08-46-009B 06/29/2007 OnStar(R) - Language Change Information
    06-08-43-002B 06/29/2007 Wipers/Washers - Delayed Windshield Washer Fluid Spray
    07-00-89-027 06/26/2007 Accessory Package - Cargo Capacity Reduction Label
    07-08-110-005 06/25/2007 Interior - Headliner Sagging Near Dome Lamp
    07-08-44-001A 06/25/2007 Audio System - Difficult To Install Fixed Antenna Mast
    06-06-02-014A 06/25/2007 Cooling System - Radiator/Heater Hose Clamp Inspection
    99-08-64-016B 06/22/2007 Body - Use of Silicone for Weatherstrip Maintenance
    00-06-01-026B 06/21/2007 Intake Manifold - Inspect/Replace After Engine Damage
    07-06-04-019 06/21/2007 Engine Controls - MIL ON/Reduced Power/DTC P2138
    06-08-44-012B 06/19/2007 Navigation System - DVD Navigation Update Program
    04-05-25-002D 06/14/2007 Brakes - ABS Lamp ON/DTC's C0265/C0201/U1041
    05-09-40-002B 06/13/2007 Restraints - Seat Belt Normal Locking Conditions
    03-06-04-030E 06/12/2007 Fuel System - Driveability Issues/MIL ON/DTC's Set
    05-06-01-022B 06/11/2007 Engine - Oil Leak from Rear of Crankshaft
    06-08-43-003A 06/08/2007 Wipers - Performance/Cleaning Instructions/Maintenance
    07-04-17-001 06/06/2007 Drivetrain - Rear End Bump/Thump on Braking
    06-08-59-002B 06/04/2007 Body - Liftgate Glass Squeaks When Opening
    05-07-30-021A 06/04/2007 A/T - Can't Remove Key From Ignition Lock Cylinder
    02-06-03-008C 05/30/2007 Charging System - Lights Dim/Low Voltage Display
    99-01-39-004B 05/29/2007 A/C - Odors In Hot/Humid Conditions
    03-00-89-008C 05/24/2007 Body - Metal Panel Corrosion Protection
    02-08-46-006B 05/23/2007 OnStar(R) - Incorrect GPS Location Reported During Call
    00-00-90-002G 05/18/2007 Tires - Proper Inflation Pressure Info.
    00-05-22-002J 05/15/2007 Disc Brake System - Warranty Service and Procedures
    06-00-89-029B 05/09/2007 Interior - Cleaning Seats, Carpet, Leather, Vinyl
    05-06-01-026A 05/07/2007 Engine - Broken Head Bolt/Main Cap Bolt Removal
    07-07-30-010 05/03/2007 A/T Controls - Snapshot Data Information
    07-07-30-008 05/01/2007 A/T - 4L60-E/4L65-E/4L70-E Production Update
    03-08-111-002F 04/30/2007 Body - Paint Chipping By Wheel Openings
    05-08-51-008B 04/23/2007 Body - Bumps or Rust Colored Spots in Paint
    06-06-04-016B 04/20/2007 Emissions - SES Lamp ON/DTC P0411 Stored
    07-03-10-008 04/17/2007 Tires - Slight/Mild Tire Feathering information
    07-08-44-007 04/17/2007 Navigation System - Replacement Navigation Discs
    07-08-63-001 04/17/2007 Body - Polypropylene Energy Absorber Replacement
    05-06-01-010A 04/16/2007 Engine - Sealant Usage/procedures
    06-01-39-002B 04/12/2007 A/C - Front Blower Motor Inop/Won't Shut OFF
    01-06-01-011D 04/03/2007 Engine - Oil Consumption Guideline Info.
    07-08-98-001 04/02/2007 Body - Non-Approval of 'Clipping' for Collision Repair
    02-08-42-004A 03/30/2007 Instruments - Reduced PRNDL Display Visibility
    03-08-64-006C 03/29/2007 Body - Door(s) Are Difficult To Close
    02-08-46-007B 03/13/2007 OnStar(R) - Loses GPS/Can't Renew Hands-Free Minutes
    04-08-66-001D 02/27/2007 Body - License Plate Pocket Gasket Out of Position/Loose
    07005 02/16/2007 Campaign - Possible Fuel Sender Port Fracture
    05-07-129-001B 02/16/2007 A/T - Shift Lock Control Actuator Available
    05-03-10-005B 02/07/2007 Wheels/Tires - 'Upsized' Wheel & Tire Information
    04-07-30-013B 02/01/2007 Engine, A/T - Shift/Driveability Concerns/MIL ON
    06-00-89-051A 01/24/2007 Locks - Key Code Securtiy Rules & Information
    02-08-98-002B 01/17/2007 Body - Hem Flange Repair
    06-06-01-017C 01/16/2007 Engine - In-Vehicle Cylinder Head Service Procedure
    06-06-04-048B 01/12/2007 Ignition System - MIL ON/Misfire DTC's In Wet Weather
    04-06-04-054A 01/11/2007 Engine Controls - Aftermarket Accessory Usage
    05-07-30-018A 01/11/2007 A/T - Cold Weather Shift Characteristics
    00-03-10-006B 01/10/2007 Tires - Radial Force Variation (RFV) Information
    99-09-40-005D 12/20/2006 Restraints - Availability of Seat Belt Extenders
    03-07-30-007C 12/19/2006 A/T - Seemingly Slow 'Garage' Shifts
    06-08-51-005 12/14/2006 Body - Hem Flange Sealer for Corrosion Protection
    06-08-52-003A 12/12/2006 Body - L/H Front Door Won't Lock/Unlock With Key
    02-07-30-001E 12/07/2006 A/T - Diagnostic Info on DTCs P0894/P1870
    03-04-17-002A 12/06/2006 Drivetrain - Whine Noise from Rear Axle
    06-00-89-054 11/30/2006 Warranty - Claims Submission
    06-05-22-007 11/30/2006 Brakes - Rotor/Drum Refinishing Labor Operations
    04-06-01-029A 11/28/2006 Engine - Unnecessary Flushing Services
    04-06-04-047G 11/28/2006 Fuel System - TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline
    06-08-110-003A 11/27/2006 Interior - Headliner Sag at Rear of Sunroof
    06-03-99-001 11/27/2006 Suspension - Diagnosis/Repair of Rear Air Suspension
    06-00-89-050 11/22/2006 Warranty - DTC's Required On Repair Orders
    06-01-39-012 11/09/2006 Engine Controls - A/C Not Cold/MIL ON/DTC P0116 Set
    03-08-48-006A 11/08/2006 A/C - Rear Window Defroster Tab Repair
    04-08-49-015A 11/06/2006 Instruments - Noises From The Instrument Cluster
    CON'T..........................
    edited May 2010
    CON'T.....

04-03-10-001C 10/02/2006 Tires - Tread Puncture Repair Procedures
    05-03-07-009A 09/28/2006 Wheel Alignment - Recommendations/Requirements
    04-03-10-012A 09/22/2006 Wheels - Pitting/Brake Dust On Chrome Wheels
    06-06-02-010B 09/22/2006 Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC P0483 Set
    05-00-89-078A 09/14/2006 Fuel System - GM Fuel System Treatment Plus(R)
    06-08-46-005 09/13/2006 OnStar(R) - Hearing Impaired System Availability
    00-08-48-005B 09/12/2006 Body - Distortion On Outer Glass Surfaces
    01-07-30-038D 09/12/2006 A/T - Poor Performance/MIL ON/DTC P0757
    06-08-111-004 09/08/2006 Body - Exterior Emblem Discoloration/Peeling/Blistering
    06-03-10-010 09/07/2006 Wheels - Changing Procedures/Precautions
    05-06-02-002A 08/31/2006 Cooling System - DEXCOOL(R) Leak Detection Dye
    06-03-08-011 08/28/2006 Suspension - Revised Shock Module Replacement
    03-07-29-004C 08/28/2006 M/T - Normal Operating Characteristics
    03-03-10-007B 08/17/2006 Tires - Original Equipment Tire Characteristics
    00-06-02-006D 08/15/2006 Cooling System - Coolant Recycling Information
    06-06-04-037 08/04/2006 Engine Controls - MIL Function During I/M Testing
    00-03-10-002D 08/01/2006 Wheels Chrome Wheel Chemical Staining/Pitting/Corrosion
    06-01-39-007 07/25/2006 A/C - Contaminated R134A Refrigerant
    89358 11/01/1988 Battery - Diagnosis and Charging

There is also this Recall that showed up. Again, not sure if this is already in the Resources
    Campaign - Possible Fuel Sender Port Fracture
    Notes
    Subject:
    Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles-Fuel Sending Unit Port Fracture-

This is not a "possible fracture" in the sending units.....it is a fracture!

you have a nice weekend as well!
    jonny
  • atlbrv405atlbrv405 Member Posts: 1
    Looks like you can add me to the list of people who have their gauge stop working. I have an 2007 Envoy with 41000 miles on it. Just filled it up from being empty and the gauge and light have not shut off. I do not want to spend hundreds on this problem since it is out of warranty and numerous people are having issues.
    Hello Atlbry405,
    I apologize that you are having a concern with your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,