Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Jimmy Chevy Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem

Comments

• reeannaa21reeannaa21 Member Posts: 1
    I also ran out of gas on the highway with my two children in the truck with me! IF THATS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!! I have sent an email to Christina, to the nhtsa.gov and to GMC complaining about this. NOW my truck will not pass inspection and they are saying $700 to fix it. This should be a recall!
    (2007 GMC Envoy)
  • absolutegabsoluteg Member Posts: 5
    Hi Christina-

I will email you my information this week. Hopefully something can be done; however, like most people I ended up finding myself having to make a moral decision...saftey of my family or pursue a broken issue putting my family at risk. I value my family safety first and spent the $1000 to get it fixed. Like all the others, the gauge issue would have been roughly $700 if I remember, and $300 roughly for the throttle body to be replaced (and appears to be failing me again, I need to check with my mechanic on what this means as my gas mileage has been horrible for the last few months).

I will send you the information and i will update this thread so others can see the outcome of whatever you can/willing to do. If nothing comes from the information i provide to you then others will know this, if action is implemented in any form then it will be seen as credible on GM's behalf.

I do appreciate the time...but don't sell us short. Just from this thread alone, you can see the massive issues caused to your customers. I'm not looking for a handout...i already spent my money to get this fixed. This is more of a moral issue to me...which most companies have decided to throw away, in my humble opinion.

This is the only vehicle i have ever owned that has had this type of problem. In general, every GM, GMC, JEEP and FORD i have ever owned has had issues. FORD, GM, GMC the worst. Jeep was marginal. We also own a Honda Accord, it has 75k miles on it...guess how many times it has been to the shop for repair, other than normal wear and tear parts? None, that's right, none!! If GM/GMC considers the gas tank gauge normal wear and tear, just tell everyone...then they can either choose to accept or not accept and all buy Honda's!

Thank you!
  • gmalonegmalone Member Posts: 1
    Christina,

My 2007 Envoy is at the dealer right now getting the same repair. He's quoted +/- $600. You mentioned in your 6/23 post to jonnyring that documentation could result in reimbursement if a recall is formed. How does one go about starting that process?

This is my 2nd Envoy and, knock wood, this fuel guage problem is the first non-wear & tear problem I've had. From the other posts, it looks like an issue that GM should recognize and make right (though I don't think you personally deserve the abuse). Hopefully you'll get the message up the chain and something comes of it.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    kellypws,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with customer assistance regarding your concerns? If so, please send me your case number. If not we can definitely discuss setting up a case for you and what you can expect. Please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • slimm1112slimm1112 Member Posts: 2
    GM should be ashamed!!!! These are not isolated incidents. I have a 2005 GMC Envoy XUV with 78000 miles on it. This vehicle has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE!!! This gas gauge problem is called a Fuel Leveling Sensor!!! I know, because I just had it replaced. I had it replaced to the tune of $600. It is located inside the gas tank. With the mile already on the truck, I went ahead and replaced the fuel pump while they had the tank tank down. a monthe ago, I had to replace the fan clutch and the thermostat as well!!!
    Now the speedometer doesn't work, the middle/partition window doesn't work, and to top it off, the truck now has a blown cylinder!!!! At 78000 miles???
  • slimm1112slimm1112 Member Posts: 2
    It could be the same problem I had with my Envoy???? FUEL LEVELING SENSOR!!!!!! If you have anywhere close to 100k miles on the vehicle, GM is going to suggest that you replace the fuel pump as well. The sensor is located in the gas tank along with the fuel pump!!! Seeing as how the MAJORITY of the cost to replace these two items is associated with LABOR, you probably should.
    slimm1112,
    I apologize for your concerns and frustrations. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage, complete contact information, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • ssp3ssp3 Member Posts: 2
    Absoluteg,

Was anything done to remedy your situation? I am the owner of a 2006 Envoy, and I have incurred numerous charges for needed repairs over the past few of years. When I encountered this gas gauge issue, I decided I cannot afford to shell out $700+ to get this repaired. Therefore, I have been monitoring my level of gas manually through tracking my mileage. This is until recently, when I failed my emissions inspection because of the following; "Diagnostic Trouble Codes: P0463 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High."

So GMC does not consider this a safety issue, but yet I cannot legally drive my vehicle without the repair being administered on my vehicle??? That and of course the safety issue of running out of gas with 2 kids under the age of 2 years old! I have been a loyal GMC customer since I began driving approximately 20 years ago, but I am done at this point due to their lack of customer service.

So absoluteg, was wondering if the GMC customer service rep that is replying to this thread has done anything to assist with the monetary damages that you incurred?

Thanks,
    ssp3
    ssp3,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • darlynn1995darlynn1995 Member Posts: 1
    I went to the gas station and filled up my 2005 GMC Envoy yesterday. When I went to drive away, I noticed that my low fuel light was still on. Since I heard the fuel go in, I assumed the gas guage was stuck and decided to drive down a bumpy road to try and loosen it. It didn't work. However, it started going up on my way home. It started out with the low fuel light on again this morning, but by the time I got to work, it was up to full. Is this what the rest of you have experienced? If so, shouldn't GM be doing a recall, as it certainly can be a safety issue if you run out of gas on the road!
  • ssp3ssp3 Member Posts: 2
    Darlynn1995,

Yes, this is how the issue started on my 06 Envoy. However, now the guage does not fluctuate at all (It is stuck on E). It will probably start jumping around for a period of time, and then I presume the sensor just totally fails, and the light and needle will then remain on E. Just wait until you are required to have an emissions test and they fail you and tell you that you need to have it fixed (that's the fun part that I'm dealing with now). Hopefully this Caron GM Rep will assist me with this issue, we shall see (I have not expressed my concerns via Facebook yet, but I will shortly if this does not get resolved in a timely manner).

ssp3
  • sunshine992sunshine992 Member Posts: 4
    Darlynn2995,
    Please don't hold your breath on this. Caron, the GM Rep, has asked for my info about one month ago and I still haven't heard from her. My gauge has been on empty for at least 4 months. GM is the only one who doesn't believe that it is a safety issue. Customer service for GM is not good. :mad:

Sunshine992
    darlynn1995,
    If you would like to send me your VIN and current mileage, I would be happy to look into this and recalls for you. I apologize for your frustrations. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • rpeasteprpeastep Member Posts: 4
    I haven't been on the forum for a while and don't know if this has been mentioned, but, there is an NHTSA Inquiry ongoing on this problem. You can read what has transpired so far at:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/defects/results.cfm and click on Document Search near the bottom to see what action has occured.

GM won't do a recall until they have to and I am saying that as a loyal GM customer. They just need some coaxing on this one.
  • jonnyringjonnyring Member Posts: 74
    Dear [darlynn1995],
    I can have your VIN? I can investigate your specific vehicle and we can set up an apptment with a dealer to look at your problem. They will only charge you $90/hr to do this and I'm sure they'll tell you they have never heard of this issue before.
    On second though...give me your VIN..I will jot it down on a peice of toilet paper and do with it the same thing every other GMcust. serv. rep here has done ...I'll FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET AFTER it's been used to it's full potential. I don't wanna be accused of not being "green" and wasting a good "square' of paper!!!
  • annydavidsannydavids Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Thanks to my failing fuel sensor I found myself with my car having died on the train tracks. Seriously GM how is this not a safety issue. It has also left me stranded with two kids under 4. Now the ECM is out, the rear suspension (airbags leaking), and I am guessing once the ECM is fixed they will say fuel pump too. We got our 2006 envoy denali new and it now has 89,000 miles on it. The head of the service department told me this was the begining of the end... to trade it in. Is anyone else thats had these problems, once they are fixed, is the envoy back to running reliably or is this truely the begining of the end? Thanks.
    This is now getting out of hand!!
    Go back to page 10 of this thread & READ POST #91.
    I state:
    This minor problem will do nothing to their reputation. Look at the statistics...
    1)865,000 GM SUVs for Defective Fuel Gauges have been "recognized"
    2)668:There have ONLY been 668 complaints (of the 865,000).
    3)58: only 58 incidents (of the 668) were alleged to result in a vehicle stall,..."
    4)1 complaint (of the 668) alleged a vehicle CRASH.

There have been NO DEATHS as a result....YET.
    YOU, (annydavids) could've been the 1st! Had you been, there wouldn't have been anything left of your truck for NTSB nspectors to "determine cause of "accident".
    Thank God you were not the first "statistic".
    HEY, GM CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES!!!!! IS ANY OF THIS GETTIN' THROUGH TO YOU YET?????????
    WE DEMAND A RECALL!! WHY DON'T YOU ASK [annydavids] FOR HIS/HER VIN SO YOU CAN CHECK FOR RECALLS, SERVICE RECORDS AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR HIS/HER TRUCK TO BE LOOKED AT BY A STEALERSHIP??? BETTER JUMP ON THIS ONE QUICK...THERE MIGHT NOT BE A "NEXT TIME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >8-(
  • azboomerazboomer Member Posts: 6
    My 2006 Envoy Denali is experiencing a faulty fuel sensor, which by research, appears to be a growing problem. When the fuel tank is full it reads empty, with the fuel indicator light on, and will/can stall. Periodically the engine light will be on. The gas gauge will bounce between Full and Empty for a good while. This is truly a safety issue, and obviously isn't an isolated situation with one or two vehicles. I saw that NHTSA opened and investigation due to the amount of complaints. I also filed a complaint there. I called GMC customer service (1-800-462-8782) and the young man I spoke with was essentially clueless, and when I gave him the NHTSA investigation number he couldn't find it. He said there wasn't much they could do. So...this not being the FIRST situation I've had with repeated repairs with the Envoy (seat motor, and have replace the ignition switch twice) it is a little disappointing that this being CLEARLY a safety issue that GMC isn't responding.
    azboomer,

Could you please email me your VIN and current mileage? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • rosebud62rosebud62 Member Posts: 2
    same sht .. just different day. i also have a 2006 envoy and fortunately a husband who is a mechanic. We just need to figure exactly what part to order. A local mechanic who is aware of the fuel sensor defect says it is a dash problem, but it seems according to this site that the problem is witin the tank. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to order. Same problem as everyone else. If I fill up at fuel station until pump kicks off - the guage goes to E and then bounces around. For sometime if I caught it and didnt quite fill all the way up, I was good. Now .... I'm like most of you with it bouncing and that annoying bing of fuel empty going on and off every few miles. .... Wait until you get to replace heater blower motor resistor (under pass. side dash). Mine melted down - wrotten smell - cant believe car didnt catch fire!!
    Hey....I feel your pain with the problems with the Envoy. Generally I really like the SUV. I am getting some response from GMC. I went to their Facebook page and did a post, and now GMC customer service is trying to solve the problem ...
    If you are on FB ..here is the link to their page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/generalmotors
    If you scroll down through the older posts from yesterday you'll find mine. The GMC Customer service guy responded to me..we'll see. I would post everywhere GMC will pay attention. They also responded to my post here.
    Good luck!
  • rosebud62rosebud62 Member Posts: 2
    Not on facebook anymore, but I did go :sick: to the link for NHTSA to request form for complaint. Waiting on that email back. My response from GM was website down, unable to get my msg from yesterday...so I resent today. ??? My vehicle only has 67000 miles and is a 2006. Looking at some of the problems on other forum should I ditch this before the whole instrument panel goes out .. Did you see all the complaints about that!!! I've already dealt with the wheel bearing and blower motor (they seemed minor - my husband fixed). I hope he can drop the tank and fix this also, but the entire instument panel will be another story.
  • harper423harper423 Member Posts: 2
    "Darlynn 1995" I 've had the same problem with only 39,500 miles on my Envoy...needless to say I'm not happy and also not happy with GM's customer service people either since they are aware of the problem and seem not to care (which is what I feel after reading the forums on Edmunds) ... I am going to file a complaint with NHTSA which I am able to do on line - here is the link for anyone else who would like to do the same - maybe then GM will be forced to issue a recall :
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm
    Re:"I am going to file a complaint with NHTSA which I am able to do on line - here is the link for anyone else who would like to do the same - maybe then GM will be forced to issue a recall :
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm"

Nice! Finally a link that might help US ALL out?
    Please, everyone who has posted or is about to post....please fill out the form at the above link posted. This includes all the GM Customer Service Reps who have posted here... yet have done NOTHING here as well. YOU TOO can help us all out by filling out the form.
    jonny
    8-)
  • bethanybeachbethanybeach Member Posts: 1
    I've been reading the posts...thanks for the VERY useful info. Not happy this is happening but reading this info has been helpful.
    First...everyone...please go file a complaint!
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    I just filed mine and and am getting ready to call my dealer...although I expect nothing to be done to help me.

I have a 2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT 71,000 miles and have loved every minute of driving this suv. However, I am planning to sell and get something else ASAP as I feel more issues may be soon to come reading some posts. I want something new and under warranty again.

I took the Envoy to fill it up last month at 71,000 miles...filled the tank completely. Started up and fuel gauge went right to empty with bell chiming. I knew that wasn't correct as I just spent $80 to fill it completely. Figured maybe if I drove it would go back up to full...this had never happened before. As I drove it that first week...it bounced back and forth between full and empty constantly. I now have to monitor miles and fill it back up frequently. I don't have the money right now to have this repair done and am nervous that I may forget to reset trip mileage or miscalculate how much I may have left. Worried that with three young children I could stall out and have an accident. I have driven it for the past month like this monitoring miles. Same thing everyday. I can fill the tank and know it's full but that gauge will go from 1/4 tank to full back down to empty with bell chiming and low fuel light coming on. Very frustrating! I know full well this is a safety issue...just wish GM realized that as well.
    Like I said...I have always LOVED this Envoy...had it since we drove it off the lot but I now am sadly looking for something else. Reliability and safety are more important.
    I encourage everyone with these issues to go to the website listed at the beginning of the email to fill out a complaint. Good luck to everyone else who is unfortunately dealing with the safety issue!
    bethanybeach,
    Please let me know how things go at the dealer. I look forward to your update. I apologize for your frustrations and concerns. I look forward to working with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Re:"I apologize for your frustrations and concerns. I look forward to working with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service

Hi Christina!
    Can you work with us all by filling out the consumer complaint as well? There is nothing else you can do to help any of us with the exception of filling out the complaint. The more complaints > the better.
    You're getting a PAYCHECK to help us , correct? This is THE ONLY THING thing YOU CAN DO to make that paycheck worthy of your name being written on it.
    I hope when you deposit your paycheck and ENDORSE IT, you have the self respect and CONSCIENCE to say to yourself..."I deserve this paycheck. I helped some customer's out by filling out the complaint form regarding GM's inability to help all those poor souls who are so frustrated with MY EMPLOYER."
    Thanks,
    jonny
    The first phone call that I received from a GMC Rep last week came at 5:30 a.m., I called back at a reasonable Tucson time and left a message. Today a GMC Customer Service contacted me and asked me to contact my local dealership to have the faulty fuel sensor checked out...to see (their words) if it is an internal (manufactuer) or external (my problem). I called my local GMC dealer, and spoke with the Service Manager he related that he has seen almost 100 of these vehicles with the faulty fuel sensors..he said the diagnosis that GMC wants cost $70...then he said...in those vehicles that he has checked..he has reported the faulty fuel sensor to GMC and has NEVER seen GMC fix any of the vehicles.
    When the GMC Customer Service representative called me back I explained this to her, and I asked simply for a guarentee that if it is infact found to be a internal issue (a manufacturer problem) that GMC is going to fix it. She was a little flustered..and then I asked to be transfered to a North American (or US Based) customer service representative. The current rep that I was speaking to was in india or pakastan. She didn't quite know what to say...then said she would be happy to. Next thing I know a young man comes on and identifies himself and asks how he could help me. I asked where he was and he replied "the phillipines." I again asked to be transfered to a North American Representative or a US Based Representative. I guess I am getting a phone call tomorrow.
    edited July 2011
    Jonnyring,
    I understand that it can be easy to redirect your anger towards me when your situation isn’t resolved in the way you would like. Each situation is handled on a case by case basis. I understand you don’t see behind the scenes, all the emails I send and the sticky notes that consume my desk, so it can be hard to understand what I do. You are not here as I speak with management sticking up for customers trying to find a resolution both parties can be satisfied with. Every communication I have with customers is documented and here for all upper management to see. I apologize you are frustrated and dissatisfied. Enjoy your week.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mrsguyadeenemrsguyadeene Member Posts: 4
    I have had the same problem with my fuel gauge. Started at 70,000 miles, of course right after warrenty was up. My sister who has same envoy, same year also had SAME PROBLEM. Now, my oil gauge is not working and sometimes the speedomoter works and sometimes it does not. I am pretty aggrevated with the situation especially since when i took it to a mechanic i was told that he has seen MANY envoys of around 2005 with this EXACT problem. And would you like to know how expensive it is to replace the cluster? Approx $700(if you DONT take it to GMC dealer, more if you do of course.) I have a better idea, HOW BOUT GMC RECALLS THIS SINCE IT IS OBVIOUSLY AN ISSUE ON THIER END. Of course they would never do that though. My family has been devoted to buying GMC's for years now. However, we are no longer. This is horrible business and a crappy thing to do to the public. How do i go about filing a formal complaint with GMC? Please help me. And i suggest anyone with this same problem do the same.
    Christina,
    Who exactly can i file a formal complaint with about this problem? I want the highest in charge if possible. I think it is disgusting that MANY people are having this very same problem and nothing is being done to correct it. We are all being told that it is our responsibility. That, in my eyes and the eyes of many others, is poor business on GMC's part. I have now spoken to quite a few mechanics, just asking them if they have seen any envoys come in witht his same problem, and you can't even begin to imagine how many they have ALL reported to me. I am a single mother of 2 and struggling to just pay the bills. Where do i come up with this amount of money to fix a problem which is OBVIOUSLY GMC's fault? How fair and businesslike does that sound to your big CEO's and presidents who are living large? I will take this as far as i have to. While i know it is not exactly your fault, unfortunately you work for this rechid company, you still hold some responsibility. And yet one more problem with MANY of these Envoys, when the air is on, the vehicle stutters and sometimes shuts off. My sister and i have the same vehicle same year and hers also does the same and have gotten same responce from people i know who also own or owned this same vehicle of the same year. I think a recall is what needs to happen. Or GMC will lose ALOT of business. Too many people are unhappy at this point
    azboomer,

I apologize for your frustrations with the phone agent. Please keep me posted if you do not hear from someone in the United States. Could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    If you are referring to the CLuster(dash where your oil, fuel, speed, etc... gauges are). It is not too hard fix but VERY expensive unless you know a mechanic. I found the cluster on ebay for $200, reset(cause you have to reset it so the milage matches what you have on your engine now). This is BS though and should be a recall on GM"S part. I have done some research on the matter and spoken to MANY mechanics who have ALL ran into this problem with MANY envoys 2005 and around that year. I am disgusted at the fact that GMC is not doing what they should in this situation and replace this part. It is OBVIOUSLY a GM problem. NOT THE CONSUMERS!!!!! Wake up GMC and do your damn job.
    mrsguyadeene,
    Please email me with your VIN and current mileage. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Christine,
    Mileage is 131,236 and VIN is 1GKDS13S252194903. Fuel gauge has been going on since 70,000 miles(of course right after warrenty went out), oil and speed gauge have been out since 90,000 miles(rounded). Also, when air is on the vihicle stutters(my sister has same year and make and SAME problem). I was not aware of this site or any other to complain on and due to many circumstances these last few years i unfortunately didn't persue these issues as i should have. But i am now making it aware to the world that GMC is failing to do right by thier customers, including but not limited to taking it to the media. This is such a huge let down by GMC( an american motor company). Unfortunately, myself and many others i have had the pleasure of speaking to, will not be buying american cars again. I wish i could because i do love my envoy but GM has been a huge let down. I had problems with my vehicle 2 weeks after i drove it off the lot and i bought it brand new. That is sad and i should have known then that this would be an issue. My Envoy is now paid off(other then some late fees that i owe) and i am uncertain of how long it will last me now. I am terrified every day that i drive in that car with my children. When will we be stranded on the side of the road where anything could happen especially if late at night. Scarey thought when you have to little children and no man along side.
    RE:"Jonnyring,
    I understand that it can be easy to redirect your anger towards me when your situation...............handled on a case by case basis.............apologize you are frustrated and dissatisfied"

I am no longer angry. nor frustrated. Remember....I laid on my back and fixed it myself for $68!!!
    "Dissastisfied"?...YES.....and,,...
    I feel sorry for all these other poor bastids here who can't get any help from YOU.
    Your rhetoric is merely...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK AS WELL!!
  • ivan19ivan19 Member Posts: 1
    I also have a problem with a faulty gas gauge on my 2007 Envoy. The Vin # is 1GKDT135X72145612 Please help with a fix for this problem at no cost to me, since it is GMs faulty part. Thanks
  • notpinktrucknotpinktruck Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Wow, I am appalled at the number of complaints about this same problem and GM is apparently doing nothing. Back in April my fuel gauge started acting erratic, dropping to empty after a fill up, then popping up to 1/2 tank after a while. Now it just pretty much stays at 1/8 to empty and the light is almost always on. I heard a news report about a week later that the NHTSA was investigating this issue, so I promptly filed a complaint, but obviously that was for naught.
    As if using my tripometer as a fuel gauge isn't bad enough, a couple of days ago I noticed my speedometer showed 100 mph as I was doing only about 40. Then it continued to rise and buried itself below 120, where it has remained stuck apparently. And now I see that MANY MANY others have had this issue--and it's not a safety issue worth a recall??? My fuel gauge died at only 83K miles and now with about 90K I also have no speedometer. Clearly it is time to ditch GM, they obviously don't care about the quality of their products. We cannot afford the outrageous cost to get these things fixed right now. How can GM think this is OK??? I would like to know of any websites or consumer groups where I can complain about GM's poor response to take responsibility for their faulty products.
    I think my husband could handle fixing the fuel sensor (in fact, he had to drop the gas tank in my old S-10 Blazer several times due to faulty sending unit, I thought GM would have corrected this issue by now!), but the speedometer is a bigger safety issue, and I don't know if this is something the average person could fix. Can anyone tell me if this is a reasonably easy repair? Is there a service bulletin out on either of these things? I am so frustrated!! It's hard to keep "Buying American" when it's all crap! :mad:

Now that I think of if, there seem to be other instrument panel issues I've noticed lately. The airbag light will come on for a few seconds once in a while, for no apparent reason. And the oil gauge doesn't register until a few minutes after the vehicle is started...am I looking at MORE problems soon to come??
  • bamajamnbamajamn Member Posts: 5
    Have 2006 Denali with 137K. had this very same issue fixed while under warranty around 30K.
    Now here is goes again! Now all the sudden my front A/C vents wont blow air. I'm hearing it also has something to do with the instrument cluster that is causing the fuel gauge problem. I guess it wont be long and the whole dash will go out! It's close to time to get a new truck, but thinking I may be going back to imports after all the issues I see here and GM not taking any responsibility for what they know is a faulty part. I'll be damned if I pay the dealer to fix it. If GM wont do something I'll just trade I guess, but not with GM!
    In case any of you haven't see this article:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/05/856000-gm-suvs-under-investigation-fo- r-faulty-fuel-gauges.html

I can't believe GM feels no obligation to remedy the situation. What a load.
    bamajamn,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

Thank you,
    ivan19,
    I apologize for your frustrations. I cannot guarantee anything like that. I can set up a case for you with GM Customer Assistance, who will look into your specific situation and evaluate it. Please email me if you would like to take this course of action.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Caron,

Have you opened the case on my issue's yet? The AC is really acting up and I have to have it looked at.
    I would like to take it to the dealership once you open the case.
    Please advise.
    Thanks, Wade
    Wade,

Did you send the requested information in an email? I have not received anything. Could you please resend the information?

Thank you,
    I sent it to your email by clicking the gmcustsvc before.
    i sent it again last night. Did you get it?
  • bryanmhafferbryanmhaffer Member Posts: 2
    Filled my gas tank up and the fuel gauge went to empty after filling. Every time I fill the tank, it goes to empty and then after driving a bit the gauge starts re-registering. Seems like it still is working properly but I am tracking mileage also. I sent an email to GM customer service and even called them. Nothing on recall for my GMC.

It is very disappointing that GM is aware of this issue but is not providing any recourse for the issue. Definitely will have to reconsider purchasing another GM since the customer support effort is being ignored.
    Don't forgot to file a complaint with the Dept of Transportation, since they are in the process of investigating this issue. You can file the form quickly and easily here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I figure the more complaints they get, the better chance they will eventually force a recall, since GM has failed its customers by refusing to voluntarily take any action. :lemon:
    bryanmhaffer,
    I am happy I was able to assist you with your concerns. If you need anything else please let me know.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    RE:"In case any of you haven't see this article:
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/05/856000-gm-suvs-under-investigation-fo- - - r-faulty-fuel-gauges.html
    I can't believe GM feels no obligation to remedy the situation. What a load. "

Read this ENTIRE thread. That article has been discussed. You provided the link.
    If everyone here would read this ENTIRE thread, you'd see this is not just 2005-07 Envoy's, Trailblazers, etc. It goes way beyond those. My wife's 2000 Envoy for instance. This has been going on for 8-10 years! That's when the fuel gauge problems reared their ugly head...about 30k mi. into the car's existence.
    I started this thread on Sep 24, 2006!!! That was 6 years after the car's birfday. This thread is going on 5 years come this Sept. 24th!!!
    TEN YEARS of this problem and you'd think GM would fix this???
    It'll NEVER happen now...it's been going on too long.
    It's so sad.....Dianne Sawyer says "Buy American" and our 9.2 unemployment rate will go down as will the recession. How can we buy American when SOME American products are CRAP and the BIG 3 won't stand behind their product???
    It's a friggin' shame! I'm unemployed, no health insurance, in foreclosure, losing the home I built, just filed for bankruptcy at age 50 and you want me to "buy American"???
    I'll NEVER buy another GM in my life! I own 3...'77, '91, 2000. The old one's are fine, it's the new one's that are JUNK!
    I contacted Customer Service...through this FB page. First I was dealing with a Customer Service Rep in India, then the Phillipines, then finally I had a customer service rep in North America (note I didn't say the US. They want me to take the vehicle to a GMC dealer, pay upwards of $80 for a dignostic test...and then they will decide if they possible can help. I contacted the dealer...the service manager said "Ya GMC has refered probably 100 vehicles here for diagnostic for this exact problem and haven't help fix one of them." So I ask the customer service rep for a guarantee that if it was found to be a faulty fuel gauge/sensor that GMC would repair. The CSR said they couldn't guarantee anything even if it was found to be a manufacturer issue.