Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki SX4 Prices Paid

Comments

• arkainzeyearkainzeye Member Posts: 473
    i like the sport features but the list price of a sport with the 4speed automatic is close to $18,000 and no dispect to Suzuki but i feel that is a little high for the car you get. yeah the features are nice but its still under powered and has a horrible resale value. (family experience with suzuki). I think suzuki makes good products as i have one now. but $18,000 could get me awhole lot of something else if you know what i mean... (honda etc) see for me i NEED cruise control. if the base model came with cruise i might get it! all the bases i seen at local dealers had NO cruise.
  • dudeboydudeboy Member Posts: 55
    I think the convenience package option on the base model will give you cruise, and the updated radio with steering wheel mounted controls. I can't remember how much it costs, but would be a lot cheaper than going to the sport. You would still have a lot of standard features that the other $18000 cars you mentioned wouldn't have.
  • mcollinsmcollins Member Posts: 3
    I paid US$15,594.00 for a silver 5-speed base model. The dealer only had one 5-speed and about 10 automatics. The salesman said they would give me an automatic for less but not the 5-speed because everyone is asking for the 5-speed. He said I could wait and see how they SX4 sells and if it isn't then they would start discounting them but I couldn't wait! That was two months ago.
  • kvandykekvandyke Member Posts: 18
    Shopping for cars just makes me cranky -- I don't know why you all sound so cheerful.

I didn't know what an SX4 was until I "stalked" one the other day to read its fender. I don't understand why anyone thinks its "ugly" -- its the nicest design I've seen in a car in a long time. (I'm one of those middle-age-ish off-market people). And much cuter than the photos someone posted of the impending sedan. (To me, the SX4 -- the current model available in the US - is clearly a "chick" car.)

Hasn't anyone ever heard of negotiating for a car price? I intend to basically pay cash for a car (it will be financed by my bank) --whatever I decide on -- and go in with a good, paid-off trade-in (2004 Nissan). I looked at an 07 SX4 and an 03 Honda CRV. The dealer gave me that "we buy the SX4s just barely over wholesale" line -- as if car prices are set in stone. Since when? Why are you all paying the asking price for these cars? It's because of this that car prices are so ridiculously high. We have all basically AGREED to it. Can't someone tell me that they bought an SX4 for less than what the dealer says it cost?? I know dealers probably haunt these forums, so I'm skeptical I'll get a straight answer here.

As far Hondas, Toyotas, and Subarus "holding their value" better than an SX4 or whatever -- that's bunk. They hold their value when you want to BUY one, but not when you go to sell one or trade one in. (Has anyone tried to privately sell a good used car lately? It's gotten to the point that it's almost considered weird to do this. Dealers know this.)

Anyway you approach a car purchase you're going to lose money on it. So the only "power" consumers have is to demand lower-than-sticker or MSRP prices. They'll make a profit on my trade-in (to someone who doesn't know what an ASKING price means) and then even on what they make from however much I can talk them down (which wouldn't be enough, for such a basic little car).

I was also surprised that there are no incentives for buying a new SX4 -- finance rates are higher than my bank's, and the dealer said something about $500 rebate or off sticker. Which is probably still way over wholesale. How do we know what the real wholesale price is? KBB surely isn't impartial -- just look at the ads on its Web site!

The scarcity of Suzuki dealers in my area (there's one within a reasonable driving distance) scares me; if I bought one, it would be in large part for the warranty. How do I know it will still be around in five years, when things are falling apart? On the other hand, the 03 Honda CRV has a 12-mo warranty -- and I know the transmission will fall out on day 366. That pretty much happened with my used Subaru!

I should probably just keep the Nissan. But it's not 4WD, and I need that where I live. And I want to cash in on it now, before the mileage (almost 50K) gets much higher.

Thanks for listening; any input would be much appreciated; I promise I won't attack.

Kim
    you said you "need" 4wd? how long have you been driving your nissan without 4wd?.

as far as not paying list. and why there is no deals. 2 words. (New Model). I never seen deals on new models. same with the honda fit. their attitude is if you dont buy it someone else will.. My Local suzuki dealership cant keep them in stock, and thats at the list price according to the sales person. So you can talk price all you want but if they arent going to move on the price then they will just sell it to someone else. at least that is how its down here with the new SX4. btw i dont have one. and from the reviews ive read its making me seriously think twice. where i live awd is not needed, so fuel economy might take front seat on this one. gas price wont be going down over the 5 years i have to pay on a new car. i Dont want $4 a gallon at 21mpg!
    Hi: I know, I can't understand why these don't get better gas mileage. I'm thinking maybe a 2005 Hyundai Tucson instead.

I still have a hard time believing that a dealer buys a car for what they intend to sell it for. That just sounds like me being naive.

I inherited the Nissan (well, I inherited the Nissan and its loan) recently. I have studded snow tires on it right now. Although so far, no snow. (I live in a remote-ish hilltown in New England, roughly). And I should have said I'm selling it and paying it off (to a local service station that sells a lot of used cars) -- then (maybe) going into the dealer and paying cash. It just so happened that my Subaru became more of a liability at around the same time, so I wanted to "combine" them -- then I happened to see an SX4 tooling down my hill.

A Buick dealer w/a used lot I visited told me something interesting today. (He recommended a used Hyundai Tucson). He said anyone who considers buying a used car should ask to see the title then call the previous owner. Makes sense but it probably wouldn't have occurred to me. It's apparently a state law, at least here, that they have to show you the title if you ask.
    Where did you read the bad reviews?
    if you get a tucson check on this... there is a local dealer around me that sold a tucson to a family telling them that the 100,000 warranty was transferable. well according to what i heard the warranty is NOT transferable like the suzuki warranty is. so when the family had to use the warranty it was void! the dealer had to Buy them a $2250 warranty to cover what they told the family they had. So if your looking at a tucson make sure the dealer isnt using the warranty as a selling point and if they are, make sure you get it in writting that you have the warranty..
    aargh
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    Ummm... all you need to do is look at edmunds for invoice and sticker. Difference between invoice and sticker is $600. Not a lot of room for negotiation. One of the dealers in my area is advertising two automatics at $14,997, about $1000 lower than invoice. 5 speeds seem to be selling faster, so the few dealers in the area aren't discounting them.

Suzukis depreciate horribly. Hondas and Toyotas do not. Selling private party is easy. I've sold a ton of cars on my own. You end up losing thousands trading it in.
    my sister bought a NEW aerio and we foundout the hard way about Depreciation... As my local suzuki saleman said. suzuki is not a car you buy then trade in. its a car you buy then Keep..
    Which I guess begs the question -- are they "keepable" beyond the term of a typical 4 or 5-year loan?
    Well, yeah . . . um but Edmunds also lists trade-in values, but dealers rarely honor those!!! Why should we honor the sticker?

You're lucky -- I used to have no trouble selling used cars, no matter what their condition. I live in a different area now, and people here seem to look askance at buying used cars privately. I put the Sentra in the local paper, penny saver, online, local Web sites, signs on car, signs in the office, etc. for a month and got not ONE phone call except from auto sales brokers. Keep in mind this car looks brand new and is in excellent condition inside and out. It was meticulously maintained, blah blah blah. I know I wasn't asking too much -- much less than a local dealer suggested because it seemed inflated accdg to Edmunds prices (which are also inflated) -- and put obo in the ads. And I figured potential buyers would know to negotiate. It was just by chance that I started talking to the owner of a local garage (did the inspection when I transferred the plates) who offered more than a dealer would have -- not as much as I hoped but in the ballpark. Maybe because it's a 5-speed? It seems like no one around here knows how to drive them anymore -- more likely they want their hands free for cell phones.
    The guides are never very good for used car pricing. They give you a general idea, but that's about it. When I sell a car, I look at what the asking prices are in the paper and online. If I want a wholesale price, I check with the edmunds experts over at real world trade in values. They can check the recent auction prices. Usually, if you don't get many calls, you're priced too high. If I'm not selling, I lower the price every week or so.

I've found sellers often are VERY unrealistic on the value of the car they are trying to sell. Craigslist has turned into a joke with most of the asking prices way too high, like higher then dealers prices.

And yes, sticks are hard to sell. I have 3 of them and can't imagine an automatic, but I'm in the definite minority.
    there was a review done from canada about the poor suspension design. actually someone on hear posted the link to it! and i took the test drive before i read this review. i wasnt able to put my finger on why the car dipped and was Not stable in a panic stop, but in this review they explained exactly why this happens..
    Just curious, if you're not buying (or didn't buy) an SX4, what are you thinking of buying or did you buy?
    That's why I priced my well over $1000 less than what Edmunds and a local dealer thought I could get for it. (Mine's an 04 w/48,800 miles on it). That doesn't seem inflated. But I agree most private sales in the paper are inflated -- most people inflate them for the heck of it, just like houses.

2004 Nissan Sentra $10,800 - $13,750 Not Rated 8.7 out of 10
    2003 Nissan Sentra $9,525 - $12,300 Not Rated 8.7 out of 10
    2002 Nissan Sentra $8,425 - $11,100 Not Rated 8.5 out of 10
    Those are Edmunds estimates above
    honestly im not sure now. i was 95% sure on the sx4 until recently. and after another visit to my suzuki dealer it kinda confirmed my waiting on the sx4 or maybe not getting one at all. the money is good, but how much of that money is into a awd your barely going to use? but thats not the big deal killer for me. i think what gets me is the Lower than what the sticker says for MPG. and i thought the sticker was pretty bad! The sx4 gets lower gas mileage than my tracker which is 4x4. Recently i seen a few used honda CR-V's that average the same gas mileage if not better than the sx4, but the honda will not kill me in resale and has a ton more room! plus a 166Hp 2.4 engine. but right now im in no rush. The lack of power, or the need to rev the engine to the moon to get the power nerv's me about the sx4. and then there was the panic stop i was focus to do in the sx4 that scared me pretty bad! so I guess i might wait and see what falls into my lap and i dont (need) a new car, its more of a want..
  • marloccmarlocc Member Posts: 1
    Just got my SX4 Sport with A/T. I paid $ 17,600. I'm from northern New Jersey.
    I just love this car..my friends think it was an odd choice.. I guess it's not for everyone.. but it is for me, and that's all that matters. Why did I choose it? 1) I like the way it looked 2) Good value in my opinion 3) AWD 4) Made in Japan (I have a '97 Honda Prelude w/220k mi and runs like its only 30k) we'll see if I'm lucky enough to get such dependability with this one.

You can see some pics here... Feel free to Email me if you have any questions.

http://mcarrillo783.photosite.com/album1/?refcd=ea

Specs:
    Sport with Automatic Trans
    Sunlight Copper Pearl

Accessories:
    Rear deck spoiler
    Wing lip extention (on back order)
    Side molding (Wide)
    Chrome Exhaust Tip
    iPod integration**

** I can't figure out how to make the playlists work. It's supposed to have 6. I'm stuck on its default playlist which is Alphabetical By Artists. I have a 30GB Video iPod. Any advice welcomed.
  • dmgooddmgood Member Posts: 2
    After a long wait on the sport model, we finally got ours yesterday (Seattle area). Sunlight copper pearl auto. Paid $1,100 under MSRP (our dealer beat Costco pricing by $400). Added a few accessories that they will install in the next few weeks when they come in. (ipod integrator, rear bumper protector, cross roof rails and the rear deck spoiler).
    I originally wanted the manual for a little more pep out of the car, but I went with the auto in the end. A few reviews I'd previously read had said the auto felt a little sluggish, but it doesn't at all to me. It picks up great merging up hills on the freeway and passing etc.
    The keyless entry and start was all new to me, but I love this feature already. The fog lamps look awesome too.
    I love this car, it has so many great features for a great price and is even better then I expected it to be.
    Can't wait to take it up the mountains snowboarding this weekend and see how it goes in AWD.

Pics here (sorry camera phone pics, not the greatest)
    http://donnamg.photosite.com/sx4/
    :)
  • dmgooddmgood Member Posts: 2
    SX4 did awesome in the snow over the mtn pass, the road was seriously iced up from freezing rain and it didn't slip once.
  • kosherkosher Member Posts: 3
    I'm thrilled with the car. Everything I hoped it would be and more. I will say this to anyone in the buying process: The arm rest feels incredibly cheap and flimsy, like a kid's toy. It's my only complaint about the car itself. As for the buying process, I paid $18,300 plus tax and fees. A/T, spoiler, narrow body moldings, rear bumper protector, corner bumper protectors, front and rear splash guards, security system, all-weather cargo mat, cargo net, arm rest, XM deck, and ipod integration kit. Hope this helps somebody.
  • raderatorraderator Member Posts: 26
    A local dealer has two of the base model, both blue w convenience pack and auto, for a ridiculously low $15,299 destination included, that's $1,595 off list!

But I don't like the blue, never use cruise control, don't like the slippery leather steering wheel and would rather have a manual.

But it's such a steal! Edmunds says these are now going for only $150 off list so I know this price won't last.

They had a silver manual last week but I missed it. Drat!

They say they can order one but It'll take 4-6 weeks and might not be as much off.

If they were any other color than that gaudy blue....
    One local dealer kept running a weekend ad for his one or two basic autos for a bit under $15k. Seemed to take him a while to get them sold. Guess the hope with these kind of deals is he'll end up with good trade or $$$ off the finance. Now it's a $149/mo lease deal.
  • matthewhobbsmatthewhobbs Member Posts: 3
    Well, I've been lurking for a couple of months, and pulled the trigger this weekend. I have been car shopping off and on for the past few months.

Old car: 1999 Subaru Outback Sport, black, automatic, AWD (obviously), cruise control, CD player, Sirius satellite radio, purchased new, with 116,000 miles. No major defects or problem. Regular maintenance & oil changes were done, new brakes installed at 100k miles, tires were a little old but still serviceable. Inside and outside immaculately clean, zero body damage, all OEM equipment, etc. I am a loyal Subaru fan - my parents had an '83 hatchback when I grew up, I learned to drive on an '87 wagon, took the driver's test on a '93 wagon, bought an '84 wagon as my first car, drove it to over 150k miles, then bought the '99 as my first new car. My parents currently have their own '02 full-size Outback. ;)

New car choices: I wanted a smaller car. My wife has an '02 Nissan Pathfinder that we use for trips/cargo hauling. I looked at the Toyota Yaris, the Honda Fit, the Suzuki, and the Scion xA. I wanted to spend under $18,000 and under $17,000 if possible. I eliminated the Yaris (too small, no cruise, etc.) and the xA (just didn't feel right about it.) I was leaning towards the SX4 since it has AWD like my old Subaru, but the Fit looked like it was slightly more practical, with better MPG and more unique seating/cargo options.

I test drove both, then took my wife to test drive both. Honda has terrible financing right now (8.9%!!!), so I got a loan check from USAA at 6.24%, which would basically make me a cash-buyer.

The sticker on the Fit AT Sport was $17,060. The dealership only had one car, silver in color, on the lot. Two other local dealerships had no Fits at all. The dealer with the Fit was also tacking on a $495 "Appearance package and prep" fee, on top of the usual tax, tags, etc. They offered me $2500 for my Subaru, over $1000 below Kelley Blue Book. I swallowed and agreed. Hey, it has over 100,000 miles, right? I pulled out the loan check, explained that it was basically cash to them, and said I would walk out the door with a Honda Fit for $14,500 after trade-in. Essentially, I was agreeing to sticker minus fees, etc.

The dealer did the usual "let me go ask my manager" dance, and went away. Upon return, he had written down $15,567 and some change, meaning they wanted $18,000+ before trade-in! Needless to say, my wife and I walked. I had no intention of wasting my Saturday with the back-and-forth.

We drove across the street to the Suzuki dealer, met with the salesman I had already spoken to, and took out a red base model for a spin. We agreed we wanted this car, then went back in to play "hardball." Turns out we didn't have to!

They offered me $3500 for my trade, nearly KBB. On top of that, we got $500 for being grad students and $500 for me being military. We were offered 4.9% financing through Suzuki as well. I asked to see the numbers on a sport model as well. I figured, what the heck?

I turned down a $400 "Data Dot" anti-chop shop thing, but asked for the $400 XM-tuner option. At the end of the day, I bought a red '07 SX4 Sport automatic with XM for $14,511, including tax, tags, title, and all fees. Not too shabby, I think. I was happy, the dealer and salesman were happy, and I love my new car.
    I test drove a manual Kia Spectra5 the other day ($14,600 w antilock and moonroof) and am beginning to think maybe an AT might be a good idea after all. A manual is fun on a sporty car but shifting was more work than I remembered. And the SX4 does have that throttle surge problem. The auto has slightly higher EPA mpg too.

Also, the steering wheel mounted audio controls you get with the Convenience Pack were pretty nice. Even the blue color is beginning to grow on me. It's the only color that Edmund's lists as having a positive color adjustment so I guess it's the most in demand if I ever want to sell the car.

The dealer has one car remaining. I might go for it. At $15,299 I'm basically getting the AT and Convenience Pack for free.
  • dudeboydudeboy Member Posts: 55
    I forgot what else you get with the convenience package. Is it just the cruise control, or do you get additional speakers along with the steering wheel controls? Some have said they don't like the feel of that steering wheel though. I think the blue is pretty cool too!
    Just cruise, steering wheel audio controls and leather wheel. No extra speakers. But the audio sounds pretty good anyway. And you do get mp3/wma even on the base model. The wheel is kinda slippery but it should rough up.
  • ava_adoreava_adore Member Posts: 14
    We ended up getting our car 3 weeks after we ordered it (they told us 3 days intially) and I'd need a book to give all the bad service we received.
    Then, they changed some numbers on the paperwork, basically committing fraud, and now we have to take our dealer to court.
    Where do you live (approx)??
  • ava_adoreava_adore Member Posts: 14
    Edmonton, Canada.
  • my3rdsuzukimy3rdsuzuki Member Posts: 1
    I bought the JX auto Ocean Blue for my wife as Chinese new year's gift. I wanted to but the JXL but I have to wait about 2 months to get it. The dealership has JX overstock so I paid the JX model at cost as part of the deal plus 1000.00 cash rebate. (I have the car manufactory's invoice provided by carcostcanada.com) end up I paid 20773.00 mins 1000.00 rebate plus PDI and Tax etc etc. I am happy with the SX4 so is my wife. The RAV4 and CRV or Forester may have more power and bigger but with this money I paid, who care
  • conniernconniern Member Posts: 1
    I bought my Suzuki SX4 on December 18th! With 18 miles on it! I did buy the Sport one in Silver , automatic. I LOVE this car!!!! I was driving a Dodge Durango. ( what a gas hog) I did pay MSRP 17,400 for it, but the dealership (Ellis, In Butler Pa.) did completely pay my durango . It was a 1999 with almost 100,000 miles (by the way this is my very first brand NEW vehicle) I only found this website today, sooooooo I was reading all the info. everyone has been writing about. I so need the armrest , i will be ordering it asap. The steering wheel never was a problem for me, being smooth. I do like the fog lights, I like the controls on the steering wheel but would like them to light up at night. My husband has drove this many times in the last few months, he calls it my Mini Might! In the snow, WOW never a problem!! Braking system is great! My husband owns a Auto body Shop and he has been impressed by this little car. Like the keyless entry, odd at first, but once you get use to it, you will love it. My husband did buy vent shades and mud flaps for it but hasn't got them on yet.
    Plus with him in the body business, it just might get a crazy paint job, time will tell. If you are thinking of getting this car, great little car in my book!
  • fertreefertree Member Posts: 2
    We got our SX4 2 weeks ago. I only wanted a JLX with ESP, and didn't realize they're not that easy to find. We stopped at a local dealer (Canada), he was pleasant enough, he had one, so we bought it at MSRP. The deal was 0% interest, nothing down, for 4 years. When I realized I didn't even have to take out my chequebook, my wife has a new car. So far, no regrets.
  • doughykinsdoughykins Member Posts: 3
    Where in Canada are you located? I'm in the GTA and have been looking at the JLX with ESP for quite a few months now and have every intention of buying it this weekend. Is the ESP worth it, you find? Thanks!
  • fertreefertree Member Posts: 2
    I couldn't be further away, having bought the car at Nanaimo Suzuki on Vancouver Island. There was a report on TV that ESP is the most important safety improvement since the seat belt, and will be mandatory in a few years. If you can find it, go for it. It handles curves well with it, but I haven't turned it off to compare.
  • doughykinsdoughykins Member Posts: 3
    I bought mine today - JLX with ESP in Ocean Blue. They had 3 JLXs with ESP on the lot (dealership just north of Toronto). Just waiting for licensing to go through and get to pick it up on Monday. Thanks for your input!
  • jbrew7jbrew7 Member Posts: 17
    Went to the local dealership today, they only had two sports: silver with automatic transmission. Although not my favorite color, I was possibly willing to buy if we could work out a deal. This dealer had the SX4's marked up $1200 with an added $300 for tinted windows, and $200 for a security inscription. Since it wasn't my favorite color and I actually prefer the manual transmission, I definitely was not going to pay the price. They brought the price down to MSRP of $17,950. Still, not good enough. If they had a manual sport model, I might have thought about it. However, as I got ready to leave, they offered to bring the price down another $250. I still decided to walk and wait for the right color sport model with manual transmission. I'm still wondering if I made the right decision. I really like this car.
    Smart move. Dealers around here are advertising $1000 off sticker. Shop around some more. You should get a better deal.
    Where are you? I'm also considering going through the Costco auto buying program. Basically, dealers are willing to sell the car at invoice, minus any rebates. Unfortunately, no rebates currently exist.
  • love_doctorlove_doctor Member Posts: 3
    That was the question I had my local dealer thinking for about 4 hours yesterday. At the end of the day here is what I received:

$ 16,867.06 (OTD)

I now own a new Sport in Silver 5sp as of last night. :shades:

PEACE-
    Portland, Oregon area. 5 Suzuki dealers. A couple of them regularly advertise below invoice. Costco is okay, but you can usually do better bargaining on your own.
    Just purchased exactly what I wanted from a dealer in Santa Cruz, CA. I bought a copper sport mt at invoice. I had to drive to Santa Cruz because there are absolutely no Copper Sports left.

I'm real happy with the car. Has anyone purchased (through Suzuki or not) the IPOD connection. I'm just looking at prices. The cost for the IPOD connection was an extra $200. I think I can get a better deal through some of the electronic outlets.
  • zentricityzentricity Member Posts: 2
    14,500 plus tax. With conveniance package, automatic.
  • vladimir_usovvladimir_usov Member Posts: 2
    Bought it a month ago. 15000 + taxes
  • tome2tome2 Member Posts: 1
    bought sx4 sport a week ago (in VA). with costco auto program get it at $18000 out of door. and by using suziki financing got rate at 1.9%/24m.
    at this price you cannt get any similar car with the features and the warranty. Besides, Suzuki builds great car and engine in japan.
  • dfwchrisdfwchris Member Posts: 1
    Just turned 40 and got my first new car. I bought the red automatic with convenience pkg. Dealer was running special for minimum $3k trade, so I brought my 90 Nissan Pick Up. Walked out with the car plus extended bumper to bumper for 7 years 100K miles and paid, including all taxes and fees, $18,026. I'm changing to black wheels and bigger tires. It should have a little larger tires on it, but they probably did it for mileage purposes. LOVE THE CAR! This is the first car to come out that I've really liked. It's totally different and has tremendous headroom for my 6'2" frame.
  • tenderfoottenderfoot Member Posts: 1
    Labor Day was yesterday and I went on a car hunt.

Bought a 2008 SX4 w/ Touring II Pkg AWD. I have no idea why they call it the II as there never was a Touring I.

In anycase, this replaces the 2007 Sport Pkg.

For color I went with a new color for 2008 SX4 called Azure Gray Metallic. Hard to describe new paint, but in general it's a Charcol Gray with a hint of Blue.

I am a little disappointed that Suzuki doesn't have much "news" out on the web yet for the 2008 lineup. All you find is their marketing blitz on the front wheel drive SX4 Sedan or 2007 data. So doing research on the 2008 SX4 5door hatchback or "crossover" was near impossible. However armed with what I found on 2007 and seeing that the 2008 only has small changes, it was easy to find a good price point with negociations on what I would pay.

First let me tell you what I found "new" or changed in 2008 Touring II from 2007 Sport.

'08 Gas Flap is opened by inside button (versus finger flip from exterior).

'08 Touring II has color matching rear spoiler Std. w/ black trim.

'08 Touring II has 9 speaker Std (subwoofer under driver seat..very small, but hey! that's 1 more speaker).

'08 Touring II put in white lettering (easier to read) for the description of the 2 buttons to the right of the LCD read out that tells you MPG etc..('07 was just black..hard to rear what button was what).

That's all I noticed..hehe probably some other very minor changes, but that's all I have seen at this point since I don't have 2 to go over inch by inch.

Price for 2008 SX4 Touring II AWD:
    MSRP was 18,595
    Dealer Inv was 17,911
    Net Invoice (this is what you don't see) was ~approx 16,972 (could be off a little, but I was trying very hard to memorize so many numbers).

I paid 17,000.00 (including Destination Fee).
    plus tax/title as with any car you'd buy in most States.

Yes, that's a good deal from what I can tell. Most dealers will not go below Dealer Invoice. Tip is simply stick to your price.

Difference between Net Invoice and Dealer Invoice is 3 main things that the dealer will get pending the individual car sale. I show above a difference of $939 between Net and Dealer Inv. $595 is the Hold Back incentive that Suzuki will pay the Dealer for Selling the car...approx $135 guessing (you get the idea) is what Suzuki will pay the dealer of "Show Line" which I don't know much about. Something to do with credit/carry costs I think (could be way off base). 3rd item would be Marketing. Suzuki will pay Dealer for Marketing schemes used to sell car (probably such as Web advertising or maybe tying ballons on the car) hehe I dunno. Bottom Line is be informed there is a Net Invoice that is Below the Dealer Invoice. So paying Dealer Invoice Price is a good deal, but you can do better unless the sales person is greedy or you get too greedy as well, play it cool show respect and talk smart.

Appears to be a fun car with many options I didn't expect to find in a "commuter" type of car.

I just hope when Suzuki finally gets information out there I don't find I really got screwed in price. So I post this as tips/news to others who are looking into this car as to aid them in their research. =)

2008...go zuk go.
  • salc1salc1 Member Posts: 12
    about to close a deal on an sx4 sport. I am at invoice, wondering if that is a good price. I live in the NYC metro area. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.