Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Front End Problems

Comments

• markingmarking Member Posts: 2
    Did you try speaking to the owner of the dealership? Is there anything that the NTSB can do to compel Hyundai to investigate or test the safety of the front end suspension and shocks? What exactly does it take to get an auto manufacturer to issue a recall?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with this service writer/manager.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    How much could a set of the new parts cost? If my car were as hobbled and unsafe as you say yours is, I'd bite the bullet and install them myself. Then you'd have the pleasure of letting us know that you were right and Hyundai was wrong all along.
  • snaglepussnaglepus Member Posts: 160
    "Did you try speaking to the owner of the dealership? Is there anything that the NTSB can do to compel Hyundai to investigate or test the safety of the front end suspension and shocks? What exactly does it take to get an auto manufacturer to issue a recall?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with this service writer/manager."

I have not yet spoken to the franchise manager. This is what I had to do back in November to get the TSB done at that time. I tried to reach him today and the switchboard operator took a message, but I have not heard back. I will try again Monday if he does not call me.

If nothing else, I am sure the service writer will catch it for not writing up a work order on my complaint.

I will indeed pursue all avenues including the NTSB to get this problems fixed.
    "How much could a set of the new parts cost? If my car were as hobbled and unsafe [It is] as you say yours is, I'd bite the bullet and install them myself.
    Then you'd have the pleasure of letting us know that you were right and Hyundai was wrong all along."

:)

Please allow me to field your concerns one by one. You may have money to throw away but I do not.

Proving Hyundai wrong would not give me any pleasure whatsoever. I simply want my car right.

How I am I so positive you ask? I already know that I am right!
    I am not concerned whether or not anyone thinks that I am right or wrong.
    I simply want my Azera right. It is wrong now. It has been right before twice,
    but both times it became wrong twice because the front shocks have
    gone South due to the poor quality factory Mando shocks.
    Another Azera owner up North has already done exactly as you have suggested.
    I have his name, email address and phone number, and the
    new parts have indeed fixed his exact identical complaints.
    He has even gone so far as to install matching rear shocks also because he figured that
    because they were changed at the same time that the new front shocks became
    standard OEM, he wanted both the front and rear shocks to match.
    He was able to do all of the installation work himself. He has the proper tools and knowhow,
    and he correctly I might add anticipated the hassle he would have to go through in
    order to get Hyundai to do it and he did not want to go through
    exactly what I and many others are going through now.

In one case, the dealership in Green Valley Arizona installed the new and improved shocks
    under warranty in a customers' Azera and I have a copy of that work order to prove it.
    My dealer now also has a copy of said work order, but evidently the factory rep does not
    want to believe that work order. David, the customer in AZ, is now a happy
    camper 'cause Hyundai took care of his problem under warranty.

New 54611-3L640 shocks at retail are $184.55 each plus tax.
    Labor is 1.4 hours according to the TSB, so if the flat rate is
    $100 per hour, that would be $140 labor for the installation.
    I would need, give or take, about $538 if I were to simply drive in and order the work performed.
    I don't have that kind of extra money at this time and if I did, I still do not feel that I should have to pay
    for work that Hyundai should take care of and that Hyundai has already done for other customers.
    I know of one person who purchased an early new 2008 Azera that still had the older parts (It
    was built before 10/20/07), and he had the selling dealer include in his purchase order, the
    installation of these newest improved shocks based on what he had read on these forums.

So the word is indeed out, and it is simply not based just on what I say,
    but the accumulation of many others reports also.

I hope this answers all your questions. :confuse:

:D
  • 07azerasantafe07azerasantafe Member Posts: 4
    Got my 07 Azera back from the dealership on 08-19-08 with new 54611-3L640 Struts installed.

I had the bouncing, wallowing problem just as most of you have.

Did the new struts solve the problem? Yes. All I can say is that suspension recovery after a large dip or similar road occurrence is immediate. No more bouncing or wallowing.

Does my Azera still bottom out easily? Yes. Unfortunately the new struts will not solve the overly soft sprung situation. As a result, the shocks will probably wear out prematurely.

Never the less, the 54611-3L640 Struts definitely solve the rebounding problem with the Azera.

I have been keeping snagelpus apprised of my situation and its progress leading up to the installation of my new shocks.

Much of his factual information is based on actual experience from others, as well as me, all of whom have personal experience with the 54611-3L640 Struts.

Although I have solved 70% of my Azeras front suspension problems, I do not feel as though I want to keep this automobile any longer. The springing is still way too soft and cannot be fixed without having to modify the front springs by cutting out a coil. That, of course, would void the Hyundai warranty.

Early this week, I will be getting rid of my Azera and replacing it with a NON-Hyundai product.

I still own a 2007 Santa Fe Limited and truly appreciate this vehicle. It stays.

David <><
  • tuyauxtuyaux Member Posts: 8
    Thanks again for the advice. One (hopefully) last question: I would like to call the service manager who fixed your Azera and talk to him to get the specifics of the repair. Would you mind giving me the name and location of your dealer and the name of the service manager? Thanks!

(N.B. - this message is for newguy6 whose dealer fixed the problem by replacing strut mounts, not shocks. I am not replying to the immediately previous post.)
  • newguy6newguy6 Member Posts: 34
    His name(the service advisor who worked with me) is Josh at Edwards Hyundai in Council Bluffs, Ia. The manager of the service Dept. is Kevin. The Azera is my wife's car and is named Pearl, the service dept. knows it by name because it's been there so often.
    I hope that you will get what info you need to make your car right, you won't believe the difference. Good luck!
    Thank you VERY much! Every scrap of information I can take with me to my dealer will help.
  • ksmigelksmigel Member Posts: 56
    My husband and I found the ride quality of the Azera to be much more to our liking, as it is far less harsh/firm, and we have roads that are not exactly glass top smooth around here.

Now, all these posts about the Azera struts or shocks and the suspension issues have us worried.

Is this problem that exists in all Azeras before a certain 'build date,' or just some?
  • campolycampoly Member Posts: 13
    I liked the ride on my 07 Azera too when it was new but at around 5k it started wallowing and bouncing excessively over rougher pavement. I had complained about it to the dealer but they said it was "within specs" (standard phrase for these jerks). Then a few weeks after I complained, Hyundai came out with the famous TSB concerning the shocks. I went back to the dealer once the TSB came out and this time they changed the shocks.

The new shocks felt good (like when the car was new) until about 4k later and it was back to wallowing and bouncing around and jittering over less than perfect pavement.

Went back to the dealer and complained and they said that Hyundai would only change the shocks once.

I think the replacement shocks were the same exact shock as the original with a different part number. These shocks are crap, IMO.

I doubt Hyundai will do anything about this on mass scale. Perhaps if someone gets hurt it will prompt a recall. They are probably counting on the ESC saving people from these crappy shocks.

I can't answer your question but it seems that some people perceive the suspension problem and some don't. Frankly, I don't see how anyone with more than 5k on the original shocks doesn't notice a problem.
  • espo35espo35 Member Posts: 144
    I'm not sure what you would expect the dealer principle to do. I doubt he's a Hyundai engineer. Say he agrees to install the struts on your word. The strut collapses and you and your family are killed? What does he have to gain by taking your word over Hyundai's?

No offense, but there is a lot of "information" out here in hyperspace. Some good... some.....

http://ivebeenabducted.com/
    Weren't you the person who does not even own an Azera?

If you had an Azera as the rest of us do, you too would be insisting on
    having your problem addressed just like the rest of us are doing.

Just so it will be crystal clear to you, myself and all others are expecting our dealers and Hyundai to stand behind their product and honor the 10 year 100,000 miles warranty and not give us the old "It's riding and handling exactly as it is designed to do," or
    "We will only do the shock replacement one time, and one time only!"

What are you saying about a strut collapsing? If that were to happen, what difference
    would it make which particular Hyundai shock was installed within the strut?
    Hyundai would most certainly be liable!
    "Is this problem that exists in all Azeras before a certain 'build date,' or just some?"

This is a problem that exists on all Azeras built prior to the newest shocks being introduced 10/20/07.

It is there, but many do not seem to notice it.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    "Weren't you the person who does not even own an Azera?"

No, Snaglepus. I was the person who does not even own an Azera.

By the way, if you're serious about getting an audience with the proprietor of the dealership, why not take the next step beyond expecting him to return your phone call? Just go there in person and don't leave until he talks to you.
    IF Hyundai installed the wrong strut on your cart, causing an accident, of course they'd be liable.

That's why they're not doing it.

ps: Stop with "the shock within the strut" nonsense. If you choose to ignore my hyperlink above and use incorrect terminology, how do you expect anyone who DOES know about cars to take you seriously?
    This is a problem that exists on all Azeras built prior to the newest shocks being introduced 10/20/07.

It is there, but many do not seem to notice it.
    ********************************************************************************- - - *******

Consider the illogic spewn here:

Have you driven or have personal knowlege of ALL Azeras?

ps: The warranty on struts is 5yrs./60,000 miles... not 10/100.
    http://www.kyb.com/faq.htm

see question #7

ps: The TSB (#07-50-007) you guys keep referring to is to rectify a knocking sound from the front end, not to alter suspension travel.
  • rhduke00rhduke00 Member Posts: 129
    My 2007 Azera was built Jan 13, 2007 and has 16,500 miles on it. The car doesn't have any suspension issues. So not every Azera built prior to 10/20/07 has the problem that your car has.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    Frankly, I don't see how anyone with more than 5k on the original shocks doesn't notice a problem.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but we have about 18K on our '06 Azera ( with original shocks ), and while some noise and harshness exists on very rough pavement ( no change from new ), I would not deem it as unsafe. Shock damping is still there as judged by it's behavior over a severe dip which I traverse a couple times per week at 55MPH. The car absorbs the dip and recovers just fine. The Azera handles the dip better than the Jag X-type I traded for it, due to longer suspension travel.
    The suspension is not perfect - I didn't expect a sports sedan, and it isn't one, but in all the miles I have driven the car, I have not had an unsafe incident due to inadequate suspension. The torque steer on a full throttle downshift at 30-40MPH on a narrow 2-lane can be more disconcerting. Oh, the car's build date is Apr '06.
  • campolycampoly Member Posts: 13
    No disappointment here. I'm happy for you if anything. I wish my Azera was like yours.
    newguy6 wrote: "His name (the service advisor who worked with me) is Josh at Edwards Hyundai in Council Bluffs, Ia. The manager of the service Dept. is Kevin. The Azera is my wife's car and is named Pearl; the service dept. knows it by name because it's been there so often.
    I hope that you will get what info you need to make your car right, you won't believe the difference. Good luck!"

I called Josh who was very forthcoming about the fix. He said that they replaced the struts AND strut mounts and that all the work was done under the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

A couple of caveats however:

1. The car has only been repaired for a few weeks.
    2. I was unable to verify if the replacement parts were the same as the originals. I tried speaking to the parts guy but he asked for the VIN # which I did not have with me. In an earlier post newguy6 said that the strut mount part # was 54630-3L100. I can only assume that the struts (shocks) were the newer 640s. I am not a mechanic so I hope I understand this correctly.

Newguy6, could you possibly verify the part number of the replacement struts/shocks?
    #1024 Re: Azeras with bad shocks [tuyaux] by newguy6 Aug 16, 2008 (7:19 pm)
    Replying to: tuyaux (Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm)

Quote:
    "Not only do you need struts but most important is that you have them replace the upper strut
    mount part # 54630-3L100. This will make all the difference in the world. Enjoy your Azera!"

That part number is indeed a good genuine Azera part number.
    The parts sell for $ 33.22 each, and it of course requires two. Doesn't it always? ;)

See: http://www.1sthyundaiparts.com/partscat.html
    54630-3L100 MSRP: $42.87 Price: $33.22
    Front suspension - Suspension components - Strut mount
    Strut mount, Azera 2006-, aka: Upper Mount Back and INSULATOR ASSY-STRUT

Quote:
    "I can only assume that the struts (shocks) were the newer 640s.
    I am not a mechanic so I hope I understand this correctly."

Please don't assume that.
    I will bet that the 640s were indeed not used :surprise: , although I do hope that they were.
    It seems that some dealers take the approach (incorrectly) that those parts will not
    work and that Hyundai will not keep the warranty in affect IF they are installed.
    My dealer said that even if I were to pay for the 640s and have them
    do the installation, that they would not do it. Talk about stupid.

Please inform us if that dealer did indeed install the 640s. :confuse:

"The suspension is not perfect - I didn't expect a sports sedan, and it isn't one, but in all the miles I have driven the car, I have not had an unsafe incident due to inadequate suspension."

Ding! Ding! DIng! We have a winner! Well-said, cobrazera!

Sports-cars have stiff suspension which give better-handling, but sacrifice ride-comfort. Luxury cars have a softer suspension for a smooth ride but sacrifice handling. The Azera was and is designed as a luxury car. If some out here feel like they bought a sports-sedan (midlife crisis??), they are mistaken.

ps: Why is a strut mount called a strut mount?
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    I specifically avoided "sports sedans" because of the often "harsh" rides. That is why I chose an Azera because it is a "luxury car with a very comfortable ride." These are quotes from reviewers and publications at the time.
    The Azera does not have a smooth ride and that is the problem!
    No car is supposed to bounce over even minor dips, throw the car up, stop suddenly, drop back down and stop suddenly again and sometimes do it twice. Shocks or struts are supposed to dampen the travel, not let it go all the way and suddenly stop and reverse direction. No other car I have ridden in do this. My 05 RAV4 and 97 Ford Ranger don't even do it.
    Fortunately mine is not unsafe, yet, but it is annoying as H***.
  • bigearl1bigearl1 Member Posts: 6
    For background, please see my last post #989. The dealer replaced the 040 strut yet again (this is the 4th strut counting the one that came with the car) and the knocking sound is gone. It's like a totally different car and is now a pleasure to drive. The dealer (Key Hyundai-Manchester-CT) was great and would not give up until the problem was corrected. It appears to me that their must be a manufacturing problem with the strut supplier that Hyundai needs to get corrected.
    "The Azera does not have a smooth ride and that is the problem!"

No, YOUR Azera does'nt have a smooth ride. Seems like you guys with car problems want to make it sound as if ALL Azera's have the same problems....even when other owners clearly tell you they don't.
  • sergio19sergio19 Member Posts: 90
    espo35,

Well said...let me acknowledge what you wrote. I DO NOT have problems with my Azera!

Here's what I posted on the Genesis forum...

Here's my opinion re: the Hyundai Company and MY AZERA (2006)

I have owned my Azera since June 2006. I now have 70,000KM on it.
    I have had the breaks replaced at 22,000KM (Free of charge) (They were noisy)
    I have had regular oil changes done.
    I've had NO PROBLEMS with the car since and to this day!
    It is the best car I've ever owned by far.
    I would highly recommend this car based on my experience with it.
    I have NO suspension issues with my Azera.
    I have been treated like royalty at my Hyundai dealership.

I am 44 years old!
    Have driven G35 coupe, Camry, Accord, BMW 3 & 5 series, Acura TL (This I liked too) and many others...
    My Azera is the quietest car I've ever driven! AND it also very comfortable

I'm writing this because I'm getting a little tired of Carolinabob's constant bashing of Hyundai and especially the Azera. Unlike him I've had NO problems whatsoever with my Azera and thought alot of folks reading here (like me) would appreciate hearing my "positive" experience/opinion too! (If not then I apologize in advance for my positive comments on this car)

No disrespect intended at Carolinabob...in fact I'm truly very sorry he's having problems with his Azera.

Sincere regards,
  • jerrybikerjerrybiker Member Posts: 53
    Hi Ray, Can you give me a link to the online Azera Shop Manual, or tell me how to access it?

Thanks, Jerry
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The personal comments have to stop. From this point forward if you include a dig at another member in a post, expect that post to disappear.

Those who are not able to refrain from the personal swipes will find themselves outside looking in.

And if you are reading this post after you've replied to an earlier one, please re-read what you've posted. If you have poked at another member, edit it or delete it while you have time. Saying that you did not see this post until after you made yours is not going to fly.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    I do believe some Azeras have strut issues, snaglpus.

You mentioned that on your last visit to the dealership, the writer did not generate a repair order. This may be on purpose. If you are trying to go Lemon Law, the dealer is out of the loop. It is then an issue between Hyundai and yourself. If, as you say, you simply want your car fixed, try a different tactic. (If the writer writes a work order, it becomes a "repair attempt" which counts against Hyundai in a Lemon Law case.).

I would call -.800.633.5151 and talk to a Hyundai customer assistance person. Tell them you want to open a case to Region. This will end up on a District Service Manager's desk. Tell the person that your dealership has been unable to duplicate your concern and you want the District Manager to go drive with you to display your concern.

Hyundai farts more $ than it would cost them to replace your struts. They care far more about their reputation than you think.
    If you are unable to duplicate your concern......
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    "I'm writing this because I'm getting a little tired of Carolinabob's constant bashing of Hyundai and especially the Azera.... No disrespect intended at Carolinabob"
    No Disrespect?
    I am only sharing my experiences with the car and Hyundai. Fortunately, Hyundai contacted me and appears that a solution is on the way.
    The major purpose of these forums is so that posters can share their experiences and create a more knowledgeable consumer. That is my purpose.
    If you disagree with what I say, don't read it. BTW, each entry has been in response to something someone else said.
    I am glad you are happy with your car. I also wonder how many people may not be aware that it is a problem? If not for these blogs and a couple of reviews, I wouldn't have realized it was the car and not me. Way too many postings and professional reviews for it to be just a few cars.
    Also, it seems that some people believe that no one has a problem since they do not.
    "You mentioned that on your last visit to the dealership, the writer did not generate a repair order. This may be on purpose. If you are trying to go Lemon Law, the dealer is out of the loop. It is then an issue between Hyundai and yourself. If, as you say, you simply want your car fixed, try a different tactic. (If the writer writes a work order, it becomes a "repair attempt" which counts against Hyundai in a Lemon Law case.).

I would call -.800.633.5151 and talk to a Hyundai customer assistance person. Tell them you want to open a case to Region. This will end up on a District Service Manager's desk. Tell the person that your dealership has been unable to duplicate your concern and you want the District Manager to go drive with you to display your concern.

Hyundai farts more $ than it would cost them to replace your struts. They care far more about their reputation than you think.
    If you are unable to duplicate your concern...... "

Don't know where you got that misinformation?

As a matter of fact, on my last visit, there was indeed a work order written and the car was test
    driven by the mechanic who did the first TSB shock replacement (not strut replacement!)
    and he verified that those replaced 040 shocks are history and need to be replaced.
    But then the mechanic and the service advisor walked out to another Azera in the back and tested it and
    said it was doing the exact same thing as mine does, so they tried to get out of replacing the shocks.
    "That is normal. They all do that and we will only replace the shocks once and one time only."
    When I asked for a written estimate of having the 54611-3L640 replaced at my expense,
    I got "Even if you buy the new upgraded shocks yourself, we can
    not install them because they are not approved for your car."

On my work order, they have typed:
    "Part number 54611-3L640 is not cataloged for this vehicle by Hyundai."

So my wife and I left.
    Prior to that, I had already long ago contacted the customer assistance center
    in Utah at the number you have provided and established a claim number.

Now can you imagine my surprise when the very next morning Jeff, the service
    rep called me and informed me that Hyundai would indeed install new shocks.
    I thought that he meant new 54611-3L040 shocks, but no, the new non-approved
    54611-3L640 shocks
    in my car as a ""Goodwill Gesture."

My only question now is:
    Why couldn't they have done that in the first place instead of
    making my wife and I do the dance and play their game?

Thank you for your "insider" dope. It is indeed much appreciated. :surprise:

Since then, I have spoken to two other Azera owners who are getting new 640 shocks also.
    Perhaps look for a new TSB shortly? :surprise:

• rmeyrowitzrmeyrowitz Member Posts: 4
    some of us have problems with the struts/springs and some do not. And that cars manufactured before 10/20/07 are more prone to have this problem although not all do.

My 2008 Azera has less than 2k miles (manuf June 07) and has not exhibited the strut/spring problem yet but I am glad that thanks to the persistence of others, I know what to look for and hopefully will have a solution should it happen to me.

Regards to all.
    "some of us have problems with the struts/springs and some do not. And that cars manufactured
    before 10/20/07 are more prone to have this problem although not all do.

My 2008 Azera has less than 2k miles (manuf June 07) and has not exhibited the strut/spring
    problem yet but I am glad that thanks to the persistence of others, I know what
    to look for and hopefully will have a solution should it happen to me."

Many have posted here and elsewhere that they have Azeras built prior to 10/20/07
    and indeed are not experiencing any front shock problems whatsoever.

However, I have not driven their cars so I can not say for sure whether
    or not they do have the same or similar problems as mine has.
    These are after all their cars, and if they are satisfied with the
    manner in which their cars are performing, that is well and good. ;)

But I wonder if many who say their cars are okay don't really know the fine differences? :surprise:
    As an example, my wife did notice what ours was doing until I pointed out our problem to her.
    Now she knows for sure.

There is a solution now. To their credit, it appears that Hyundai is stepping up to the plate
    and at least on an individual 'case by case' basis, replacing defective shocks.

Interesting. Is "Jeff" a dealership employee or a Hyundai Rep?

It does sound as is Hyundai is "coming around" to your way of thinking. Well done!

I'm actually a Service Manager at a Hyundai dealer, so if and when I get wind of a TSB, I'll let you all know ASAP!

ps: Hyundai pays me to work on their cars. If a repair isn't approved, the dealer principle eats it and I'm looking for a new job. That's probably why your dealer is making you "dance"..... they want to make you happy, sure. But they need to make sure they'll get paid, first.

ps: I've driven well over 100 Azeras....I remember only 2 that "wallowed".

I appreciate all that you have said and done! :surprise:

As I understand it, "Jeff" is the local Hyundai Rep.
    I was told that whatever Jeff says goes and his word is the final word.

Somehow, the local service manager must have appealed to his better side I think. :confuse:

Thanks for the offer of posting any TSB that may come about.

(I'm snaglepus and I approve of this message.) ;)

P S You must be working at a rather large Hyundai agency?
    Pretty good-size dealer. I've been with Hyundai 5 years. 32 years in the business: tech, parts, service-writer..... you name it.
    I drive used-cars home (about 100 miles)....also, customer's cars (if they want me to) to listen for noises, etc. Given a choice, I always drive an Azera!

If a new TSB comes out on the shocks, I'll tell everyone that you and carolinabob are the reason!! (My claim to fame!)

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
    "Sorry we got off on the wrong foot."

Me too. But that does not matter any longer as we are all on the same page now!

Thanks and regards,

Delfin de Leon

aka Snaglepus
  • rgb42rgb42 Member Posts: 40
    Well, so far, with my '08 Azera, I have no front end problems such as those being written about here. I'll keep an eye out, and my fingers crossed.

Thanks . .

May I inquire as to the build date of your 2008 Azera? :confuse:

That date is on a plate mounted on the pillar between the left front and rear doors.

My reason for asking is to determine if your Azera is an early or late
    2008 and whether or not it has the earlier or the later shocks.

As you may have read, cars built 10/20/07 and later should have the newer "improved" shocks.

Also, your approxmate mileage rounded off to thousands of miles.

Thanks in advance.

Snaglepus

• cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    I wonder if many who say their cars are okay don't really know the fine differences? Incredible. You're so convinced that every Azera has suspension problems, that you choose to slam those of us who do not. We ( the vast majority of Azera owners ) are either too insensitive, inexperienced, or just plain stupid to be able to see the fine differences.

Give us a break: maybe we don't drive as fast as you on the certain kind of road that causes your problem. No suspension ( at least none that are not adjustable automatically or with a cockpit selector ) is perfect for all situations. Please check my previous post concerning my Azera's suspension.

BTW, it looks as if the Genesis suspension/steering is far from perfect also, re the Oct '08 C&D magazine. Doesn't it use Sachs shocks in lieu of the homegrown Azera shocks?
    "You're so convinced that every Azera has suspension problems, that you choose to slam those of us who do not. We ( the vast majority of Azera owners ) are either too insensitive, inexperienced, or just plain stupid to be able to see the fine differences."

I am "so convinced?" No, I am not and I said so in my earlier post . :surprise:
    I do know that not all Azeras have suspension problems, but that some do.
    Sorry if you took what I said personally. My post was not directed at anyone in particular.
    I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. I did mean what I said in that post, and
    nothing more. Those of us that do have problems really have them. :surprise:
    In our case, when on the local Interstate, I feel it is unsafe to go faster than 60 mph.
    To me, that is a real problem, and evidently the local Hyundai rep agrees with me.
    Why would Hyundai be replacing my bad 54611-3L041s with the newest, I trust, better 54611-3L640 parts?

"BTW, it looks as if the Genesis suspension/steering is far from perfect also, re the Oct '08 C&D magazine. Doesn't it use Sachs shocks in lieu of the homegrown Azera shocks?"

Yes, the Genesis is supposed to have shocks produced by Sachs.

I think that the Mando produced shocks in our Azeras are supplied from either India or China.
    What do you mean by homegrown? :confuse:
    I posted way back when that the Genesis has shocks made by Sachs, an older German maufacturer
    of different parts and therefore, the Genesis shocks should be of a higher quality.

• jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    What a load of ....! Like many others on the Azera forum, my TSB eligible 07 Azera has not experienced any of the "front end" problems some have reported. I have NO DOUBT that some are not unhappy with the way their Azera rides and they may well have a car that has a problem. I encourage them to stay with it and get Hyundai to resolve any legitimate issue. But buy into the claim that ALL TSB eligible Azera's have a problem, or are too stupid to recognize it, certainly doesn't make me want to join in their cause.

I have over 35K on mine and still have had no front end issues. My shocks continue to work like they did when it was new. As for feeling safe at higher speeds (as previously posted and discussed ad nauseum), I have had mine over 140mph and regularly drive in the 80mph neighborhood. (75 is legal limit in Colorado).

I continue to love my Azera and would encourage anyone to consider it, when looking at a full size sedan. BTW, my mileage, now over the last 4,000 miles, is at 24.8 mpg.

Jay,

That is magic to be sure.
    I'm glad that you do not have to go through what many of us have had to do.

Tuesday morning, Hyundai is fixing mine, and I have no doubt it will then be perfect.

I understand that several other Azera owners are also getting their front ends repaired also.

"I have NO DOUBT that some are not unhappy with the way their
    Azera rides and they may well have a car that has a problem."

A double negative statement? Please explain. :confuse:

• 101649101649 Member Posts: 192
    Check out the Automobile Mag Sept Issue comparison with Genesis...Won the battle, but appears suspension still sucks.....I drove the 3.8 and wasn't impressed for $40k...probably go with the G 37S in December..i currently have an '06 Azzy with 12k miles....no problems at all....Will downsize to the G37 coupe since I don't need the room...
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If you can't keep personal comments out of your post, it will be removed. If your posts continue to be removed, you will lose your posting privileges here.

Yeah - I removed some posts. And some of you really need to listen if you want to continue to participate here.
  • rmeyrowitzrmeyrowitz Member Posts: 4
    Snagelpus - so what happened. You were scheduled to get the new shocks on Tuesday of this week. I'm curious and don't know which other forum you are talking about.

Please provide info - thanks
  • 07azerasantafe07azerasantafe Member Posts: 4
    Go to near the bottom of the third page for the info you asked for.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    Car seems better but will know more in 5000 miles. Second set of shocks ar 15,000. dealer was very nice and is still trying to get reimbursed by Hyundai.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    So would I buy another Hyundai? The jury is still out.Alot will depend on if these new shocks last more than 5,000 miles. If they don't, it would be hard to buy another Hyundai, although I had planned to keep this one for at leat 100,000 miles.The car rode better the first time the shocks were replaced, although there is about a 50% improvement with the new shocks now.I will probably drive below 60 on the bouncey roads just to try to get as much life as possible out of these shocks.