Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Front End Problems

Comments

• 144tap144tap Member Posts: 44
    Say, check my posting re; struts on Hyundai Azera 2006.
  • 07azerasantafe07azerasantafe Member Posts: 4
    Your dealer will have no trouble getting reimbursed. All he has to do is get approval from the district rep.

Many dealers throughout the country have replaced the 040 struts with the 640 shocks and are getting paid by Hyundai to do so. I am one of them.

Perhaps your dealer is trying to guilt trip you.

If your dealer really does not know how to get reimbursed, ask him to contact one of the many consumers who have gotten their struts replaced how it is done.

Even I can help him and I have never been in the car business.

David <><
  • espo35espo35 Member Posts: 144
    "Many dealers throughout the country have replaced the 040 struts with the 640 shocks and are getting paid by Hyundai to do so. I am one of them."

and

"Even I can help him and I have never been in the car business."
    ********************************************************************************-
    So, are you a dealer or never been in the car business?????
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think azerasantafe is saying he is one who had his struts replaced. Yes, the wording is a bit confusing, but that's what I think he means.
    I was thinking the same thing, but he also said:

"If your dealer really does not know how to get reimbursed, ask him to contact one of the many consumers who have gotten their struts replaced how it is done."

in which case he would be referring to himself in the third person.

Just wondering ......................??
  • 07azerasantafe07azerasantafe Member Posts: 4
    What's the confusion here, guys?

It was indicated that a dealer is having a hard time getting Hyundai to reimburse them for the struts they gave to a customer.

I have also had my struts replaced with the 640s and I know what the dealer had to do to get reimbursed from Hyundai for my struts.

I simply said that If the dealer does not know how to go about getting reimbursed, even I can help him and I am nothing more than a consumer.

David <><
    Gotcha.

I am a dealer I'm trying to figure out how the dealer billed Hyundai. If the shocks were already replaced under the TSB for noise, the same Op Code (operation code) will already have been used. This will cause Hyundai to reject the claim. If the 640's are not listed as the correct replacement part for the car, THAT will cause the warranty submission to fail.
  • campolycampoly Member Posts: 13
    I'm one who has had the shocks replaced once already. It felt good like when it was new for 4-5k but now it is back to rockin' and rollin'. I sometimes fell like a bobble head doll going down the road. Yesterday a dealers replaced my cracked dash pad and I had them check my shocks. They proclaimed that the car was normal. I say it isn't. The tech drove it for 5 minutes and said it is normal. I drive it day in and day out and I say it isn't normal. I know what it felt like when it was new and I know what it was like when the shocks were replaced the first time and I know the difference from what it feel like now. How can I convince them to replace the shocks again? The dealer service dept is indifferent at best and don't seem to care what I think. It's as though I've been dismissed....period!
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Forget the dealer, call Hyundai Customer Service, get a case number and then call Hyundai in Fountain Valley CA or write to them. BUT, they will refer it to the Regional Parts and Service Manager. The Customer Service center should be able to give you his/her number. The Reg. PSM can authorize the replacement without a TSB or anything else and Hyundai will pay for it.
    Uhhh... good luck with getting a Regional Reps phone #.

It's the dealership's job to talk to the customer.... it's the reps job to talk to the dealership.
  • lrtaklrtak Member Posts: 6
    I was beginning to think I was losing my mind when I had to have both the rotors and the struts replaced twice on my Aubergine (purple) 06 Azera because of the clunking and pull to the right. Did you ever get told it was for safety for the car to pull to the right? I've just passed the 30,000mile mark, (had that maintenance service done at 29). Anyways, I bought my car used at 18,000+miles and one month after I bought it, had rotors then struts replaced. Not in same appt. They didn't believe me about the noises and that's why it took them 2 appts. Then around 28,000 miles, I was having problems with the ride and they said the tires were cupping. I had to get all 4 tires replaced and that's when the noises started again. Rotors were replaced again. Then just last week, the struts were replaced again. You think I have to get these done every 10,000 miles? Or will they get it right?
    Get phone number for regional office and ask for Rep. My philosophy has always been to take the quickest route and in this situation, that is talking to the Regional PSM after dealer turns you down. The dealership can tell you when the Reg. PSM is supposed to be there if you want to chance it. Go through the customer service channels and get an appointment. Much quicker than waiting for dealership to do it. :)
    Got my new shocks yesterday and have driven about 50 miles on them. Drove on city streets, back country roads and so forth. Very much improved over the 040 and 041's. No longer bounces from side to side up and down. Hopefully they will last and not deteriorate at 5,000 miles or so. :)
    The Regionals Parts and Service Manager just happened to be there and asked that I call him back after driving some. I did and he was surprised when I reported definite improvement in the ride. According to dealer SM, I am the only Azera owner to request new shocks.
    BTW, they still have the same three Genesis' that have been there for about a month, lots and lots of Sonatas and Santa Fe's, but only one Azera and it is a 2007 SE model.
  • 101649101649 Member Posts: 192
    CB
    What part numbers did they use for the replacements??? Just shocks/struts or did they replace the mountings also???
  • pcunniffpcunniff Member Posts: 11
    Sorry to be probably the 200th Azera owner to ask you this (I haven't been following all the blow-by-blows of the posts -- I've just been living with the poor full-load ride, the bobbling, the fact that my wife hates to ride in the car, etc), but could you be kind enough to reply with the specs (part numbers, other details, etc) I would need to "make it happen" on my car -- even if I had to pay for it myself? Thanks.
    The part number is 54611-3L640 according to some other posts. I looked at the new shock itself and it had the 640 as the last three digits and this indicates the newest one. All they replaced was the shocks.
    The ride is much better, although not perfect by any stretch. Not sure any car really is and I have driver top line Lexus, Acura and Infiniti as well.
    It is definitely worth the effort to get it done and the Regional Parts and Service Manager should be able to authorize it. Good luck, don't pay for it and "Just Do It!"
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    So if I purchased a 2009 Azera, or a 2008 Azera made with a build date in November 2007 or later, would the shocks be part number 54611-3L640?

(The reason I ask is that I was in negotiations on a 2008 Azera Limited yesterday and mentioned one criteria was that the shocks would need to be those new 640s or it would be no deal.)

Bud H
  • donna388donna388 Member Posts: 69
    Bud, you have the right idea. Good thinking. The answer to your question is yes.

The build date in located low on the pillar between the drivers door and the rear door.
    The build date on the car you are considering must be October 20, 2007 or later
    to have the latest shocks, and if it is not, have them change all four shocks
    to the later parts, 54611-3L640 for the front and 55311-3L640 for the rear.

If that Azera was built before that date and they will not change
    all four shocks to those part numbers, you know what to do.
    Good luck with your purchase and keep us posted please.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    I agree with you. After about 1000 miles the ride is not so good. I have to slow down to 60 on the bad stretch of road I go on every day for about 3 miles. The car is fine 95% of the time but you do have to slow down on bouncy roads. I would not buy the car again.I had hoped to keep this car until the 100,000 mile warrranty was over. Perhaps someone will develope a shock that will last. I would be willing to pay for it.I suspect the springs are so bad they destroy any shock you would put in, but I do not know.Still like the car, though.
  • dcrobbie22041dcrobbie22041 Member Posts: 15
    From what I've seen on here and heard from a user, my 2008 Azera was built after the time of the shock problems.

Thank God I don't have any issues with it yet (4400 miles since July 11). Took a nice road trip of 150 miles just today. Thanks again that the Azera seems to be an absolute better car than the '01 XG300 I traded in for it EVER was. The XG300 was in the shop every couple of months for BS stuff. Despite the warranty covering most of it, it was still a hellish inconvenience to have to take it in so often.

I got complete validation when the salesman who sold me the '08 Azera said that he was ashamed to have sold any XG's to anybody. Oy vey!!!!!!!!

As far as performance goes, I agree that even the 2008 Azera's suspension can bottom-out in severe road bumps and dips when driving around DC and Northern Virginia at city/suburban speeds. Particularly when you hit a large bump or dip that you don't know is there.

People have to remember that it's supposed to be a luxury car NOT a sports car (despite performing like one when you punch the pedal) I've taken her to 130mph on an open road where I knew I would get away with it -- of course, after break-in was over. The suspension and driving control get MUCH tighter when traveling at that speed. Around town, however, she's got in-town characteristics. Feel the bumps and dips, just like in the XG.

Maybe BETTER shocks, the weight of the car, more solidness and the fact that she's new. SMOOTH AS SILK (just like Thai Airways) for the most part.

Beware the Genesis until she's proven herself. Anyway, the V6 Genesis is jut a pimped out version of the Azzy. Same engine, but slight body, interior and control settings (plus rear wheel drive -- another Hyundai first that probably needs lots of real world performance). Trust me, my experience with first-year offered '01 XG 300 was enough to teach me this.

Cheers, R.
    Good luck with your 2008. At about 250-300 miles, my new L640 shocks began to deteriorate or at least the ride did. Car is now pretty much back to what it was before the 3rd set of shocks installed. It is apparent that the suspension is poorly designed for anything but near perfect roads and more than just shocks are needed. Of course, Hyundai could contract with a shock manufacturer to come up with something better perhaps.
    Based on reviews in Oct. Car and Driver and Auotmobile Magazine re: the Genesis suspension, I would definitely wait for a lot of real world reporting on how th car holds up.
  • jasonsazerajasonsazera Member Posts: 2
    my azera is in the shop right now. it took almost a week to work it out with the dealer. i do windshield repair there so the service manager i think finally pulled a string for me. really i think not knowing them and going in there with determination instead of finesse would have been about as helpful but i'm not about to bite the hand that feeds me.

anyways, here is my assessment of the car. many here say the springs are too soft. i laugh at that. my god, this is the roughest riding car i've ever been in. my ram takes our driveway better than our azera does. what the hecks up with that? dont worn out shocks make a car more bouncy. maybe its "busy" i'm feeling, not so much stiff. anyways, i'll know if it rides better in a few days. i'm pretty sure they're replacing the shocks with 041. i sure would hate to see me going from 040 (not sure what i have now) to 041 and gaining the "clunk" noise everyone complains about. at least it would ride softer right? is there still a clunking noise in part 041 or has that been fixed since hopefully all the bad shocks have been used up and the most recent ones are upgraded? or should i go back to the dealer and request 640?
  • richardcotrichardcot Member Posts: 39
    Jason, it may ride a little softer at first but in less than a couple thousand miles the shocks will wear out and you'll be back to square one. At least that has been my experience going from the 041 to 040. I've read the same about the 640. On the other Hyundai forum site there is a guy who claims to have fixed the clunk by tightening somes bolt in the suspension.
    I hope you have better luck than we've had.
    Our Azera has had all three sets of available shocks installed.
    I does not matter, as they all have failed and do not properly control the unwanted motions of the car.

Doesn't matter which part numbers are used. You most likely had 040s and the TSB calls for them to be replaced with 041s. Many dealers will try and have you believe that the latest current shocks, the 640s being installed now in the new cars will not fit, but that is not true.
    You can verify what shocks your car has originally by simply looking at the bottom of the rear shocks. All Azeras have the same last three numbers both front and rear.
    The complete rear number on either rear shock will be 55311-3L040.
    Your original front shock number would have been 54611-3L040.

It does not matter, as shortly after all those different parts numbers were installed,
    our car shortly went back to its old ways. I hope that yours does not do that.
    But look for that to happen before too long. It will seem fine at first, and you'll probably be a happy camper, but before too long . .
    One fellow in SC could tell before he had 1000 miles on his new 640s that
    they were turning out the same as the two previous sets.

Keep us posted.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    DCRobbie says,

"Beware the Genesis until she's proven herself. Anyway, the V6 Genesis is jut a pimped out version of the Azzy. Same engine, but slight body, interior and control settings (plus rear wheel drive -- another Hyundai first that probably needs lots of real world performance). Trust me, my experience with first-year offered '01 XG 300 was enough to teach me this."

Although I sympathize with DC's problems with his '01 XG 300, his statement about the Genesis is not accurate. I will repeat my post from last June:

Replying to: sripton (Jun 07, 2008 11:50 am)

"Screw the genesis it's price is rising and its really just a pimped azera."

Just in case this thread is being viewed by anyone new to this topic, the comment above is 100% inaccurate. The Azera is a stretched and upgraded version of the front-wheel-drive Sonata midsize chassis, and the Genesis is an all-new sedan built for front engine and rear drive.
    There's a good deal of debate about the source of the suspension problem. The most common, and most plausible, theory seems to be this:

Ideally, it's the job of the springs -- not the shocks -- to hold up the car. The shocks are only supposed to arrest the motion of the springs so you don't go over the same bump twice. (Hence the "jump on the bumper" test to check for worn shocks.) A good Accord often doesn't need new shocks in the whole life of the car. Part of the reason is the quality of the parts, but another big part of it is that the suspension's basic architecture (shared by the Azera) doesn't burden the shocks with holding the car up...in theory.

The problem with the Azera seems to be that Hyundai has specified springs that are too soft. The apparent reason for this is that the Azera is not just a U.S. offering. It plays a much larger role for Hyundai as its home-market luxury sedan, and Korean roads are terrible, which is why Hyundais in general are suspended too softly for American tastes. The too-soft springs allow too much up-and-down motion and bottoming, which quickly trashes the shocks. The resulting uncontrolled bottoming and rattling of unrestrained suspension parts is the rough ride you speak of.

The only permanent answer to this problem appears to be an aftermarket set of "coil-over" shocks, available as an aftermarket set of four from a Korean online importer for about $1,200 (plus installation, of course). The "coil-over" name refers to a supplementary coil spring around each shock, which seems to address the basic problem. Needless to say, a fix this expensive is not for everyone, but at least one poster on the other Azera forum site who tried it seemed to really like its performance. If you like the other aspects of your Azera enough for this cost to be worth your while, I'd try it.
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    I find it interesting reading about all the problems several people have with the Azera. My 07 ( built Nov 06) at over 30,000 miles runs just fine with NO suspension problems . I had an XG350 limited and also had no problems with it.
    The Azera has much better road manors the the XG and I get much better gas mileage (averaging 26.9 mpg) Thats for the 30K miles......
    As you can see I don't drive this car with my foot pushed down to the floor :=)
  • newguy6newguy6 Member Posts: 34
    I had the same type of problem on my '07 Azera. After many trips and a lot of attempts to find a cause they replaced what they called the "upper strut mount" on both front struts. This as solved the problem and it now rides like a lexus and is quite over rough roads. The dealer is Edwards Hyundai in Council Bluffs,IA. Service person is Josh. Hopes this will help.
  • alymacalymac Member Posts: 31
    tonycd

Regarding the coilovers you wrote about....are the extra springs over the shocks
    in ADDITION to the springs that come with the car?????????
    thanks
    alymac
    Yes, I believe so.

This is a more common aftermarket offering on performance cars, where the coil-over style of shock is ideal for manually adjusting the ride height (usually lowering it for that "slammed" look). In the Azera's case, there's a brand available that does offer this option and another that does not.
    Interesting that there are always NEW people complaining about Genesis or Azera suspension/ride, but the same people always respond and attack them. Regardless, Consumer Reports did pick the Genesis as number one in its class, but commented negatively three times about the ride in its review. Also, in their April issue, they stated one of the negatives of Hyundai cars was the suspension.
    Furthermore, please see http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-hyundai-genesis-1.htm, particularly the ratings chart and the comments from professional reviewers.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Interesting this is all you can cotribute post after post, never mind the insinuation about others who didn't agree with what you wanted to see.
  • jimsinkoreajimsinkorea Member Posts: 23
    I purchased a 2007 Azera and shipped it to Korea, It rides great on the roads here because, like you said, the roads are rough.
    See my post on the 2009 Genesis thread.
    Don't know about others including yourself, but those of us that do own an Azera and are
    not happy with the suspension have every right to gripe about it as often as we like.

There are indeed those who are content with the ride, and that is fine as far as I
    am concerned. If they like the wallowing, porpusing and unsafe bobbing about
    from lack of proper jounce and rebound control, that's fine with me!

Professional testers have commented on the poor suspension numerous
    times, so I leave it up to them. For me, I am not happy with our Azera.
    We suffer from it's ride every time we go anywhere.

Won't be suffering for too much longer according to my Lemon Law Attorney. :lemon:
    I'd guess you don't read bob's posts often.

He comes off pleading his case as if he's been somehow trying to provide objective info to those seeking them, yet the suspension has been the only item he has posted, post after post. He has referred to his sources as authoritative, yet those sources have provided both the positive and the negative. Any backside agenda aside, if he was trying to be objective, then he would have provided both sides of the story.

Yes, I understand the suspension is not a strong suit of Hyundai vehicle; I also understand the fact any cars built by humans are not always perfect, and this applies to all brands, so yes, certain owners may get bad apples, and that is very unfortunate. Still, I believe Hyundai's suspension system is at least adequate for the intent of its vehicles. I haven't driven an Azera in a while but have had many hours of seat time in the Genesis - of course it doesn't handle like a 5er, and I didn't expect to, for a luxury sedan and all. FWIW, most professional mags have commented similarily. As for the Azera, I've found it to be a better Buick, and that was exactly what I expected going in (most of the cars in the class drives like that).

Certainly there are improvements Hyundai can make, no doubt.
    Au contaire, I have read every one of and all of Bobs posts on every forum he
    is on including the Hyundai 'Think Tank' where we are both members.
    We don't see you there do we?
    It is truly a shame that you do not know Bob as well as I do, in fact, you do not
    know him at all. We have spent many productive hours talking one on one.

To his credit, Bob does try to present opinions from others that do criticize the Azeras'
    suspension, so anyone can plainly see that what he says is simply not his opinion only.

Both of us have Azeras with the exact same problem, so we do in fact know all about them.
    We both are on our third sets of factory shocks, so we both do have
    as have several others here been through that suspension mill.

For you to compare the suspension of any Buick with the average Azera is ludicrous.
    Buicks are a product of General Motors, and as such, there are no finer suspensions.
    If Buick were to have produced such terrible suspension as our Azeras,
    they'd have been history a long time ago.

Since some of the magazine writers are knocking the Genesis suspension,
    why is it that you say that it is 'okay'?

Did you know that Hyundai is hard at work trying to fix those Genesis suspension problems? :confuse:
    I wonder why!
    Let me give you an example of his posts - this one he had referenced to the Genesis:

However, it appears many will not admit to problems or just don't understand how a luxury car is supposed to perform - in all categories.

Of course, just like the Azera, there are no merits whatsover, everything is bad; everyone has to comply with his opinions or else :sick: When was the last time he (or yourself) attributed one good thing about the Azera, for example?

It's not even about the suspension; he'd come in every month or so and bring his beef, yet he tells everyone his objective intent. Does the suspension alone account for the whole car? If he wanted to be objective, then be objective; go through the good and the bad, heck, even the Yugo had some good merits.

Oh by the way, if you'd think there are no finer suspensions than Buicks...well, trust me, there are :)

The Genesis rides/handles just fine for a luxury sedan, especially on highway and smooth surface. Again, I've said there are room for improvements, but certainly I've experienced nothing even remotely as scary as some of the stories made out to be, true of not.
    Let's talk about the car instead of other posters, okay?
  • bigearl1bigearl1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    There are indeed those who are content with the ride, and that is fine as far as I
    am concerned. If they like the wallowing, porpusing and unsafe bobbing about
    from lack of proper jounce and rebound control, that's fine with me!

There are quite a few of us that are content with the ride because we don't experience the wallowing, porpusing and "unsafe" bobbing about from lack of proper jounce and rebound control.

What testers have said the Azera suspension was poor? I've read plenty of times where they said it could be better, but hardly poor.
    We need to talk about the car and not other posters. If you want your post to stand, you need to keep that in mind.
    heck, even the Yugo had some good merits he he he...yeah, it was disposable! At one point it was hard to believe that anything could come out and be worse than the Hyundai Excel. VOILA...Yugo!!!

Seriously...the Genesis is one of those cars either you like it or you don't. There's a few that want to like it, but because it's a Hyundai, they have to find fault with it. It actually seems like those posting about the Genesis suspension have actually driven one as opposed to how it was with the Azera. Yet, I know there's a few out there that are simply repeating what they've heard and have no first hand experience to draw from. Which really makes me wonder how someone could wrongly distort facts by saying the suspension was unsafe in any way, shape or form. Do you realize if it was truly unsafe, there would be investigations, forced recalls and more likely than not...media coverage of it (remember when the Suzuki Sidekicks were prone to tipping over)??? There is also nothing wrong with objective opinion when the truth and facts are stated, but again...you have folks that skew facts and bend truth to benefit their cause.

Then there are those that log in as multiple screen names to the same forum and make various negative postings to make the problem seem worse than it really is. There is one I suspect in this very forum just based on the way his posts are put together. Any forum I'm a part of, I use the same screen name for the purpose of consistency.

What really kills me in all this is that they bought the Genesis without seemingly taking it for a serious test drive. I'm sorry...a REAL test drive would have shown you any suspension discrepancies that would have put you on notice. How can you take a test drive an find nothing wrong, but a week after purchase...complain about the suspension??? Honestly, I think some of those people are tired of getting razzed by their friends and family for dropping +$35k for a Hyundai. ;) Until someone else is paying my car note(s), I could care less what your thoughts are regarding the vehicles parked in my driveway. :shades:
    "To make a statement that there are no finer suspensions than those found in Buicks...
    it really makes me question your automobile credibility."

I did not make that precise statement. What I did say was that GM as a group does make the finest suspensions which of course includes Buick. We should all be so lucky with the Azeras.
    Read todays news: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090319/ap_on_bi_ge/autos_dependability;_ylt=AohkBmy- d5zfqztBeL7zIm9934T0D
    Surprise surprise. Buick is on top.
    Read the entire article. You will not find any Hyundai product even mentioned!

Why do you criticize me? Weren't you the one that just had only one strut replaced recently? Your Azera suspension is great, but you allowed your fine dealer to replace only one side? How is that balanced? That's like relining the brakes on one side only.
    A new strut on one side and the other side has over 60K miles on it! :sick:

Most of us have 'normal tastes' and do not consider 20 inch wheels and extremely low profile sidewall tires the proper way to go. With sidewalls that short, the ride must be rather stiff.
    If that's your thing, that's fine with me, but that combination surely changes
    the stock ride doesn't it? I do not expect you to admit that little fact!

"Some life you have there to follow another poster around to every single forum he
    may be a part of AND take the time to read every single one of his posts.
    Does that make you an authority on the Azera suspension or on Carolinabob?"

I have the time thank you, for unlike you, I am retired and not at work. What I do with my time is none of your business. Who is to say that maybe he follows me around. You read his posts too, and as a matter of fact you probably spend much more time on these forums that I do.
    You post more than Bob and I do combined, although most of your post are meaningless.
    How many posts have you made compared to the combined totals of Bob and I?
    Of course I am not an authority on Bob, or anyone else for that matter.
    I do know considerably more about him that you do because, unlike you, I have
    spent many many hours speaking with him. Have you ever spoken to Bob?

As far as being an authority on the Azera suspension, I've got you beat there, having been
    back to the agency now six time for that same problem over the last 18 months.
    Can you rattle off all the shock part numbers from memory as I can? I thought not!
    Based on that fact is how my ownership of this otherwise almost perfect car
    will terminate shortly under California's Sony-Beverly (Lemon Law) act. :lemon:

Like many others here, I do know all about the problems with the Azera suspension.
    Many here including yourself are happy with their Azeras suspension. I am not one.
    That's why I am 'jumping ship.'

Carry on and enjoy!

:)
    GM makes the finest suspension? I can't stop laughing here.

Read todays news: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090319/ap_on_bi_ge/autos_dependability;_ylt=AohkBmy- - d5zfqztBeL7zIm9934T0D
    Surprise surprise. Buick is on top.
    Read the entire article. You will not find any Hyundai product even mentioned!

Hyundai is at 161, much better than last year's showing, at 200 last year, for comparison.

While GM's umbrella is quite large, they can hardly be credited with making the finest suspensions in the game.

As far as my strut replacement, only one strut was giving problems and it wasn't a ride quality issue, it was a creaking noise over bumps. If the other one offers any problems, then back it'll go for replacement. I guess I'm just too laid back and easy going to get in an uproar as to why they would only replace one side when it's quite possible the other one should be replaced, but hey...if they want to do the alignment a 2nd time, it's on them and I'm not gonna worry about it since it's all covered by warranty. If I were paying out of pocket...it would be a different story.

I've read Carolinabob's postings, but hardly all of them...maybe only a fraction of them considering the only place I've read them is here in this forum. I would hardly believe that he would be the one doing the following because the more you post, the more I truly believe who you really are. There is no possible way I could spend more time in these forums if you've been the one to have read all of Bob's postings....sorry, I'm just not a groupie. I haven't spoken to Bob and I don't need to. I have not discounted his issues or your issues with the Azera suspension and you shouldn't be accusing everyone else of being in denial with their respective Azeras. Do you really think that just because you and Bob have shared the same issue that everyone else in the rest of the nation MUST have the same problem as well?

I am truly sorry that you have had the experience you've had with your Azera, while you get out of yours, I will continue to happily motor on down the road in mine. The content and direction of your post, along with your location...I've pretty much figured out who you are. Don't worry Batman...your secret is safe with me! :shades:
    Funny thing is...GM is supposedly so good, a majority of their umbrella is below the industry average. I'm supposed to believe that GM is just THAT great based on that info???
    Edmunds in its 2006 review for one said it was not as good as it should be and there were others. There were also others. The most telling was Chris Wardlaw on the Consumers Guide auto website back in 2006/2007.
    See my post on 2009 Genesis thread.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    I guess I'm among the more fortunate ones in that my 2006 Limited (35k miles and counting) doesn't seem to notably suffer from wallowing, porpusing and unsafe bobbing about from lack of proper jounce and rebound control, and that's certainly fine with me! I'm still driving with all of the original suspension components, though I suspect that, in another year or two, I may have to buy a set of new tires, replacing the OEM Michelins... :D
    Exactly my point...most of the reviews have said that very thing or have said...the suspension could be better, but that it was more than adequate. Did you ever see the test drive of the car on the Speed Channel? They were running the Genesis sedan around a track and it held it's poise nicely, even when the tires ran up on the ridged track edge on a few corners. Not once did the driver complain that the car felt skittish or uncontrolled.