Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick La Crosse New Owners Reports

2»

Comments

• bobinorbobinor Member Posts: 63
    I'll try to be civil/diplomatic in my reply but your first 2 paragraphs of this post #48, "Picked up today", make absolutely no sense. They are so far out of context of anything that, without reference to any earlier comments, they convey nothing of interest.

You ramble on and on, usually incoherently (but authoritatively), about your displeasure with just about everything regarding your CXS. Why whine when you can switch. Get a used Malibu or Aurora you speak so fondly of.

Do you not pump your own gas? We don't/can't here in Oregon so an attendant is in control of filling our tanks. You blame GM for a tank filling operation mishap? From your description it sounds like a faulty shut-off at the pump to me. Or maybe the nozzle wasn't firmly in the receiving pipe?

Maybe you're too picky and I'm too complacent but my 2011 CXS which I've had since last Oct. has given me nothing but pleasure. Maybe you are the one who got all the bad parts. You know, there is a remedy if that is truly the case. :lemon:

But please don't let me deter you from continued postings. Reading them has become among my favorite sources of entertainment. :)
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2011
    bob; We have also been VERY pleased with our 2010 CXL. Per my prior posts, I pay a lot of attention to the cars we have and try to be up to speed on maintenance and repair items to keep them running and satisfying our needs. We all do have different standards but KISS is one of my favorite axioms and relative to vehicles it has held us in good stead.
    The new Lacrosse is an outstanding vehicle in design, execution and performance, but it is a collection of expendable parts designed and assembled by mere humans. GM is really trying in my opinion and they are VERY responsive to real issues that they can address to improve the driving experience with the new cars.
    I just finished Bob Lutz' new book "Car Guys vs. Beancounters" and for $13 on Kindle it is great insight into how we got to where we are on cars in the last few years. He was the daddy of the new Lacrosse and others so worth the read IMO.
    Enjoy your new Lacrosse (and LIFE) - it is short and final so the good things are to be savored and the not so good have to be endured.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I echo both crankeee and bobinor's sentiments. My 2011 CXS at 7,000 miles is flawless and every time I press the push button a smile comes on my face.

On a prior post and on another thread I mentioned that erider was too pickey and nothing that GM did was going to please him. It appears that he is a chronic complainer as he had similar issues with the new Malibu to the point of returning it for a new car (Lacrosse I believe). Perhaps GM should do to him what a cell phone company did by dropping difficult-to-please customers.

On a more positive note, my CXS has exceeded my expectations. It is smooth, quiet, responsive and soaks up road imperfections and bridge expansions like a charm. The tech package with HID, heads-up display, blind side alert, back-up camera and sound system are features I did not have in my Avalon and I enjoy in my CXS.

Happy Fathers' Day to all.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    > It appears that he is a chronic complainer as he had similar issues with the new Malibu to the point of returning it for a new car (Lacrosse I believe).

Mention of returning Malibu to dealer:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f8f96/203#MSG203

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    56dave.
    I have checked my resources and you have the correct dipstick and the fill spec is correct. Engineering has not had other complaints of this. Confirm that the 6qts service has been properly executed, then have the vehicle oil level checked after a cold soak (engine turned off and vehicle sitting on a flat level surface) of 8+ hours. If the oil level is still over the full mark, to investigate it further, we'd probably want to have the vehicle taken to a GM dealership and have them contact TAC to run through verification suggestions.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    Christina: I sent you an email directly regarding my dipstick reading in our 2010 Lacrosse CXL with the 3.0L V-6. I am lucky to have an outstanding dealer that performs all the oil changes on the vehicle( 3 so far at 10,000 miles). As 56 Dave points out there are some confusing aspects to the fill level with different engines, dipsticks and fill levels. I appreciate your last sentence to Dave- take it to the dealer and have them verify the fill level on the dipstick with the recommended fill amount. I will do that next time the oil is changed- that really is the only way to resolve the inconsistencies IMO., so thanks for the reply to 56dave for all of us with the same issues.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Thanks for post Crankee.
    Yes I have the 3.6 which calls for 5.5 quarts fill, yet we seem to have the same dipstick, and mine too is over the top of the bob attached to the wire.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    crankeee,
    I am glad I could help! Feel free to direct any other questions to my email as well. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    edited July 2011
    I can only say that I'm glad it is working out for you and hope it continues to.
    That was my expectations of this vehicle claimed to be luxury. My wife thought I was a bit picky on Malibu, but then she very seldom drove and was never behind the wheel when it would try to drive you into the ditch! The Malibu does have some good points, but when it comes to real safety issues such as intermittant sticking of calipers, poor handling on highways, and the EPS that was trying to drive me off the road, those were deadly concerns and should not exist in a new vehicle.
    As to the Lacrosse, the last few weeks my wife has even been prompting me with, "You need to get rid of this car, it is a lemon!"
    So far it has been a hassle to repeatedly take to dealer to get things fixed, and more often than not it has taken multiple trips for it to act up for dealer.
    My current situation is:
    Will they ever get the leaking of lumbar support fixed?
    Factory apparently sent them a first run reject steering column because I now have play. (assuming it was not poorly installled)
    What is with all the battery issues?
    Since I was getting dry starts because of factory defective oil filter for the first 6K miles, how long will the engine last?
    When is the next time my blindzone alert will act up since dealer could not duplicate.
    When will their hyped CAF system work as advertised? (I have allergies)
    And two GM vehicles that start having sticking calipers with less than 10K miles? I don't drive dirt roads or mud bog vehicle so this is unexcuseable! Are they relieing on the backup systems too much? I made sure the Lacrosse did not have Electric Power Steering because of earlier issue. And never suspected I'd see another sticking caliper on a new vehicle. Now I have to wonder how good those backups are on this car. They were lousy on the Malibu. On the rear skid I did all the corrective action manually and no hint of it even trying to do its job. And certainly no individual wheel braking for corrective action. One of the times the caliper stuck I was braking so hard the anti-lock brakes initiated but the front was still going to the side on me, and I ended up past the red light. Can I 'really' depend on it on this vehicle?
    BTW, you will notice that some have had some of the same issues as I. It is just that mine seems to have most of those plus a few new ones.
    My writings might seem like a discertation to some, but it is in hope that we all find a good repoire with fixes, dealers, and GM. I am definitely concerned about GM when they tell me, repeatedly "their is nothing they can do if it was designed that way." Well I won't buy that!
    If they advertised it as doing somthing, I expect it to do that. If they designed a safety issue, they darned well better take care of.
    And I've know my service manager for many years. When people in service start thinking it is a lemon, maybe you should too! And that is where I'm at right now. (Remember these are the people who have seen those stupid designs that you may not have bought into, such as that 4-6-8 technology.)
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited July 2011
    "My wife thought I was a bit picky (duh!)...When people in service start thinking it is a lemon, maybe you should too! And that is where I'm at right now."

e_net_rider,
    Let me suggest the Avalon Limited as your next ride. This car is flawless in every respect and it delivers good gas mileage. I owned one for 10 years and in that time I had only one reportable condition, a burnt out tail light.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will be looking around just in case. At this point I'm beginning to be a bit paranoid of anything new.
    Perhaps I need to start browsing owner reports, etc. I just can not imagine so many things being an issue with anything new.
    Besides my own experiences, I recall those of other family members and friends that I was or am close to and no one had this luck. Except maybe a school mate whose parents both worked and had a bit more money than most so they traded frequently. They always had Lincolns, except one year they bought a new Edsel. I don't know what all the issues were, but it is doubtful they had it a full year.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you've got particular models in mind, you might browse our consumer reviews: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Most consumers are pretty candid about what they love & hate.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.