Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Changes You'd like To See in the Chevrolet Aveo

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Have some suggestions for the Aveo? Post them here!

Comments

• ron1970ron1970 Member Posts: 26
    1) Standard tire sizes, so more then 2 tire manufactures get in the game.
    2) Standard anti-lock brakes on the base model.
    3) Color through plastics, so an interior scratch doesn't show light grey.
    4) flex-fuel version of the 1.6L.
    5) 2 rear cup holders
  • pgiomipgiomi Member Posts: 1
    What I would add to the Aveo is a 5 or 6 speed automatic front drive transmission. With this car being an entry level vehicle for Chevrolet the one thing it is going to have to offer is competitive fuel economy compared to it competition. It has a decent price but with all its competition offering at least a 5 speed automatic transmission and better fuel economy, it has to offer at least as good if not better hardware to be truly competitive.
  • bluechevydudebluechevydude Member Posts: 1
    I would add an ac outlet that runs without the engine on so I can set up my sirius satelite radio to record show when I'm not in the car--Plus I think that there should be a V6 version, or something with some more stock horse power--Whatever they do--DONT CHANGE THE BACK END!!!! I love my chrome and my lights!
  • randydriverrandydriver Member Posts: 262
    They should make a hybrid.......Hyundai is coming out with an Accent hybrid....why not Chevrolet.
  • ilaveoilaveo Member Posts: 26
    The manual transmission doesn't seem quite right for the size of the car/engine and today's speed limits. Unless they add a towing package, 1st gear is lower than needed--it reminds me of low in my work F350 that I only use when I'm pulling around a skid loader. A 1st gear ratio of about 3.2 instead of 3.55 and then push the ratio on 2nd down a little to close the gap between 2nd and 3rd some. Fifth could also be a little higher so you don't rev quite so high at 70 mph--maybe a ratio of .72 instead of .76. FWIW these changes would probably increase MPG too. Just my .02.
    yes I agree...the ratios in the transmission could be moved around a bit and the 5th gear changed to a .72. The first gear I could pull tree stumps with...lol..
  • wifes07aveowifes07aveo Member Posts: 31
    better crash test ratings.. :sick:
  • topgear1224topgear1224 Member Posts: 8
    All the aveo needs is a SUPERCHARGER offered as an accessory that makes at least 150 hp and a suspension package :) They need to chain driven timing instead of belts and change the gearing in the transmission. then it can compete with all the subcompacts, at least on power :shades:
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    I don't think there would be too many people getting an optional supercharger to make it profitable. Other than the Nissans Versa with 129 hp or whatever it has, all the other sub-compacts have the same hp give or take 1 or 2 hp. The timing belt like the others is also a belt, but the chain would be a definate advantage.
    They should just scrap the car and start over again.
  • ron1970ron1970 Member Posts: 26
    No more Kumho tires. High speed sidewall blows in high temp climate are not fun.

Bosch Plat. plugs. Almost every car has 100k miles on plugs 20 bucks more won't brake them.

Common air filter size so somebody carries them.

Better road side assistance.....
    :mad:
    Like I said scrap the car and start over right......
  • richard1hainesrichard1haines Member Posts: 41
    They did for the 2006/07 Aveo Sedan. Improvements were made in many areas including sound-proofing, high speed stability, fuel economy, and the interior is all new. GM says only the front doors, front door windows are carried over from the previous Aveo/Lanos/Kalos sedan, everything else is new. Hankook 15" tires are available on LS, LT and RS models in Canada.
  • occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    I would like to see the following:

rear cupholders
    standard AC (even on the Value model)
    better gear ratios (if nothing else, just change out the final drive gear for something 15-20% taller)
    more color choices (the bright blue, copper, and grass green are horrid, I'd like maroon or black cherry or deep royal purple or something)
    option to do color changing gauge backlighting like the Mustangs
    taller and/or longer center armrest
    do the sedan's front clip on the hatchback
  • bayoubilly74bayoubilly74 Member Posts: 10
    I"ve had my new 07 aveo sedan about 2 weeks, and here are a few changes/updates I would like to see on this cool little car:

1) Put in new, functional cupholders. The present ones are, uh, pathetic.
    2) Add a power lock button.
    3) Implement the one-touch power down function on the driver's power window.
    4) Add a rear seat drop-down arm rest unit with cupholders built in.
    5) Put a water bottle holder in the internal door panels.
    6) Add some storage bins.
    7) Fix the dang cupholders!! :mad:
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    I restyling would be nice though the Yaris is still the ugliest of the bunch. I also would like them to change the engine or at least offer a smaller displacement model for those who want better mileage and don't race.
  • luckinsluckins Member Posts: 63
    I also think they should make this into a hybrid. Also, fix the electrical issues in the dash like the speedometer and components getting hot.
This discussion has been closed.