Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• quattrob4uquattrob4u Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I had the torque converter replaced in my 07 Pacifica a few thousand miles ago and it seems to have fixed the shudder most here have been experiencing but now have another transmission problem.

I live in the Twin Cities where the temperatures have been dipping well below zero degrees the past month or so. With the temperatures near or below zero degrees, the transmission will not lock into overdrive on random days. I commute 27 miles each direction to work which should be ample time for the transmission to achieve proper operating temperature. The dealer recently tried to computer flash the transmission to no avail and claim they have not seen this problem in other Pacificas.

Has anyone else living in areas with colder temperatures been experiencing this issue?

TIA
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    I also live in the Twin Cities and have not experienced this.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Temperature is not you problem, the TC has a lockup clutch inside and it is not locking up. The Chrysler knows that in some PAC's the new TC solves the problem nad others don't .
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    I went to the Alldata website to check out TSB #21-016-07, and it is not listed for either the 2007 Pacifica with the 4.0 engine or the 3.8 engine. I am trying to find out what the VIN number or date of manufacture is for the 2007 Pacificas that have the new, improved torque converter. Any ideas?
  • johnhenryhoehajohnhenryhoeha Member Posts: 10
    Mr. Rogers; Hope it's a lovely day in the neighborhood, because if your service manager will tell you the truth. They will tell you the same thing, three service managers at different dealerships told me. "There is no fix, you will just have to live with it."
    Ofcourse people in my neighborhood pride themselves on being honest. They say , that in so many words thats exactly what the engineers told us. Good luck, You will need it. :sick:
    mrrogers: Some have found a fix in replacing thr TC. However there are those of us that are just lucky enough to have the TC replaced with not so good of results. Chrysler is aware that on some PAC's the TC replacement has worked, and some the reflash has done the trick. Your dealer would know if they have been in contact with Star that there are new reflashes being tested now and that it might be required to replace the TC again. The problem is that this new 6speed aautomatic is fast shifting, and the TC doesn't work as it should with the engine rpm. That ia what I ave been told by my Service Manager.
    By the way my PAC was made on Dec. 12, 2006. We know that at least there was an issue then. AS to when the 4.L engine and the 6 speed went into production I am not sure. The 1st edition of the Owners manual had little to say about that engine, and a 2nd edition was made to include the corrected information.

farout
    The people who told you that were attempting to get you out of their way. What "engineers" told such a thing? Darn sure were not from Chrysler! No one will say they are an engineer at Chrysler unless you are one talking to another one. Chrysler folks do read these once in a while, and I will bet ya they get a laugh out of what is said that they said.
    If this was unfixable there would be a massive buy back as there was with the Jeep Liberty diesel.

farout
    Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply. I want to replace my 2006 Pacifica next month. My first choice would be a 2008, but as you know they did not build very many before production was halted. The dealers seem to have a fair amount of 2007 models on the lots. I would love to find out when the factory started putting the new, improved torque convertor in the 2007's. It appears that based on your date of manufacture, December 12, 2006, that they had not begun using the new, improved convertor yet. I wish I could get a date of manufacture and/or a serial number that would signify that the new torque convertor is installed.
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    I would suggest that you get the 08 the savings are marginal vs 07 models and you have the new converter, first take a road test and drive it at low speeds and highway speed reach 50 mph still there and go back to the gas slowly if you feel nothing there is o.k...
    good luck..
  • johnhenryhoehajohnhenryhoeha Member Posts: 10
    Far Out;
    All along in reading your post, I have known you were a Chrysler employee. Only soneone from Chrysler would take such a violent swing at the truth. I on the other hand don't have anything to prove. What I said in my post is 100% true and if you were to reveal yourself 100%, my attorneys and I will be glad to prove it not only to you, but to the good people who use this site. Go ahead and laugh some more, I dont think it is something to laugh about, when there is so much money involved.
    mrrogers: If you go to www.arifleet.com/production.html this is the production schedule for the major American vehicles. The Pacifica FWD has a 6-8 week lead time and the AWD has a 8-10 week lead time. You can see every vehicle Chrysler, dodge, and jeep make The cut off time for ordering a Pacifica is not even suggested. Chrysler did say this is the last year for the Pacifica. Maybe in May the PAC will hault production.
    Personally I like the 2007 as the two tail pipes looks sporty, and some things in the Touring have changed.
    You can call the dealer and ask them when the new type of TC was started. I have no idea.
    I talked with my dealer Service manager today and Chrysler would like to replace my TC once again. Heck I don't like having it in the shop for 2 and 1/2 days, but we get a vehicle because we have the Max Care service Contract. Besides the powertrain is warrantied for life, so that's no biggy for me.
    Hope this helps.

farout
    johnhenryhoeha: I have been called some odd things, but being a Chrysler employee is kind, and even nice. I am a retired minister ! Perhaps you should go the the Jeep Liberty CRD forum or the Jeep Compass 4x4 sections, and read what I have posted in them. I am sure you will get a better balanced perspective on me.
    I hear your anger, you have a right to pursue anything you feel will work for you to resolve your issues with your PAC. In your six posts you come forth as struggling to fine a way to resolve the issues with Chrysler about your PAC. However, your shooting such a wide shotgun pattern, that you are getting so little bang for your effort.
    In an effort to help you get a better aim at your desired effect, I offer a few suggestions. You need to out fox the fox. Your anger will only get negative results! Learn to win people over to your view point. Do not down grade the Chrysler or the workers, either in the shop or those who have not been so nice. Chrysler hears all day long about someone is going to hire a attorney and sue them for every last dime. Friend, that will never happen, you are wasting your breath, and making people mad who just might be willing to help, if your attitude was different. The most you can hope for is for Chrysler to either fix the problems, give you a buy back, where you pick a replacement Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicle, and pay so much a mile for the use you have put on the PAC.
    Patients is the Golden Key to get what you want. You need to go to the Service manager and tell him you want the Zone Representative to see if a buy back is possible. Next go to the Dealership manager and tell him the same thing. Then Call 800 992 1997 Customer Care and talk with a rep. Tell them all you have been through, they will call the dealer and follow up to make sure they are doing what you asked. While doing this take time to praise anyone you can about how much you appreciate their help. Brag on how the dealer si trying but is stumped, but doing what they can.
    IF you have indeed talked with some engineer's at Chrysler tell them that and what you have been told. However if this is second hand or maybe stretched out truth I would not even go there! Be 100% truthful !
    This total process is not a quick transaction. We started our buy back on our 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD on Feb, 16, 2007 and got the new 2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 on April 4, 2007. we finished all the final paper work on May 5, 2007. We were charged .05 cents a mile,the lowest anyone has heard of, as we were told.
    Using a attorney is not cheap! The Lemon Law is with an arbratrator and they make a decision that is final. I went with going directly with Chrysler, and turned out much better that the Lemon Law could have done. Chrysler wants satisfied owners, and they know whats right, and I believe that given the respect and willingness to work with Chrysler to make things right, you will be pleased with the results.
    So friend, cool your jets, remember you win this situation or blow it, it's strictly up to you and your attitude.
    I have heard that at times Chrysler does read these posts, and darn well they should, it;s good feed back for their products. You can bet the other vehicle makers read their posts as well. Remember a gentle answer turns away anger.

farout (not Far Out)
  • david613david613 Member Posts: 16
    farout is 100% on the money. I had two TC replacements, several flashes, etc. nothing worked. I followed the advice given by farout back in December. I just got off the phone with Chrysler about 20 min ago and they said that my new Town and Country is due to arrive on Monday, February 18th. Chrysler and ISG were extremely easy to deal with. They even told me that if I couldn't find anything on a lot in the DC Metro area that I wanted, they would build me what I wanted....can't beat that!!!!!! :)
    david613: I am pleased to hear that Chrysler worked it out with you! How much per mile are you having to pay? Did Chrysler give you any idea why they are having a hard time getting the TC fixed?
    Good news, glad to hear from you!

farout
  • superguysuperguy Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all that have posted about the TC. I got the service manager to look up the service bulletin and they have ordered the parts. We will see. Anyone experiencing MPG in the 13 range for city driving. OUCH. Especially when I am hearing people getting above 18 MPG in the city. 07 AWD 4.0L 8500kms in cold Canada. Not a lead foot; any thoughts?
    Thanks for the advice about the roadtest. Prior to your post, I was not sure if the problem is noticeable right away, or if the car needs to be driven for several days.
    I appreciate your information that the Pacifica is still in production. I had the idea that they stopped producing them at the end of November 2007?
    I was able to get my hands on Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) Number 21-002-07 Rev.B. This bulletin involves reprogramming the Power Control Module (PCM) with new software and replacing the torque converter as required. This bulletin applies to Pacificas built on or before December 15, 2006. It appears that Pacificas built after December 15, 2006 have the new improved converter.
    Thereare a few other TSB's that go along with this, reprogram Controler 21-008-07 REV.A and 21-016-07 which was the TC replacement ans reflash. So it appears to me these are more recent than the number you have. Either way the Service manager is talking with Star to see if they want to try a secomt r&r of the TC. I am sure they will find the solution, I have more time than money and I an willing to try again. This Transmission was new for Chrysler as was the 4. L engine. The engine out preformes any V-8 I have ever had. If all eles fails they can replace the whole transmission as far as I am concerned. So I will take it one step at a time, and be thankful for every effort made to correct the problem. I like everything about the PAC except one thing! It isn't paid for yet.
    How did you hear that Dec. 15 is the cut off for the new TC/ I have not heard about that. Mine was made on Dec. 12, 2006 3 days short!

farout
    I am sorry that you missed out on the new torque converter by only three days. The TSB 21-002-07 Rev. B states that it applies to Pacificas built on or before December 15, 2006. I am assuming that the Pacificas built after December 15, 2006 have the new improved converter.
    Question? If what they installed on Dec. 3, 07 was not the improved TC, then what do you think it was? I have 2,700 miles on it already from that date and a total miles on the pAC is 10,300 miles. Heck I sure hope what the put in last time was NOT the "new and improved one" or there is a problem. LOL

farout
    I would hope that you got the new improved torque converter on December 3, 2007. Since your car is still not okay, it makes me wonder if the new 2007 Pacificas built after December 15, 2007 are okay? The TSB was for cars built on or before December 15, 2007.
  • rhollisrhollis Member Posts: 122
    I took my car back to the dealer at the request of a Chrysler attorney. She informed me of the torque converter TSB (even though I was already aware of it because the write up guy at the dealership had readit to me in August) and asked that I give them one last shot at it. They did NOTHING about the transmission problems or any of the other problems with the exception of the horrendous clunk in the right front suspension. They literally threw parts at that and it is now worse.
  • miser1miser1 Member Posts: 6
    Good morning thank you for your insight on the tranny problem. I just purchased my 2007 Pac fwd. Im experiencing some of the shudder issues that you report. My question is can I just add the additive to the tranny fill spout or should I bring it to the dealer to do this. I bought this vehicle from a used dealer and since this car is from USA and I live in Ontario Canda the warranty on this vehicle is null and void. there is approx. 25000 or 41km on the car. A check on car fax shows no accidents or warrant recalls or work done on this vehicle. My friend is a retired tranny man of almost 40 yrs and I will bring the vehicle to him and see what he thinks regarding the shuddering etc... P.S. The wife loves the car so I guess I will be keeping it for a while. Better fix it now than later. Thanks again....... Miser1
    tomorrow they will change the TC on mine,I wanted to try the friction modifier but with the dealer because warranty issues, take it to your friend and let us know what he thinks about this.

Regards.
    miser1: The transmission has a seal that the dealer opens to change fluid and add when changing fluid. So adding anything voids your warranty. Those who have used an additive, under Chryslers say so, I have been told, noticed no change. The shudder I feel is not all that bothersome as to make a huge stink right now. I do know Chrysler is working on reflash's. I also found out the reflask when the put in a new TC takes 4,000 to 6,000 miles to brake in. A new reflash only adds to the time to see if it took hold. So Star told my Service Manager and tec.

farout
    Thanks for the reply FAROUT and FASCHULZ, took the car to my buddies and put it through the test for a good 30 minutes. In his opinion tranny is working as intended with no major issues heard or felt. While sitting in the passenger seat I would have to agree with him. I do have a 3 month warranty on the car so I will wait to see if I notice any other problems that pop up and are experienced on the site by other readers. I also talked with a chrysler rep at my local dealer and he stated since my car has no warranty in Canada I can purchase a 3rd party warranty through them if I feel there will be an issue with the tranny etc. He also spoke with the mechanics regarding this problem and the mechanics have not dealt with this issue to date. My fingers are crossed. Thanks again and will keep you posted.
    miser1: For some odd reason in a evening jaunt to the ER last night, a trip of 97 miles each way there was np problem with the shudder. I can't understand why not.
    Here is one other odd thing; I forgot to put the gas cap bock on after dumping in $20. last week. We drove 180 miles and got 25.4 mpg! We thouht it was about 3 to 4 mpg more than usual. So I left it off on purpose twice from that point, and the gascap message posted but, no shudder and excellent mpg!
    There must be some reason for this. perhaps someone will read this and give me an idea.

farout
    Farout; I also took a drive from Ontario to Metro airport outside detroit michigan. Mostly all highway driving. I too will be checking my mileage once the gauge gets closer to empty. The Pac ran beautiful at 70 miles per hour but I still can feel the tranny shifting when at low speeds. Is it possible the new 6 speed tranny is not in cinq with the rpms?. As posted in other comments the TC has been replaced and still does not solve the problem. I will bring it to the dealer and talk with the service manger and get his take on it. Since it is a USA car and I bought it in Canada no warranty on it unless I purchase 3rd party warranty. Before I drop 1500 dollars I want to check out my options. I will post my mileage in the next few days. I cant complain on anything else it ran great at highway speeds.
    The results are in; Just under 25 mpg 24.8 to be exact if I didnt make the pit stops shopping would of been 25mpg easily. I will be keeping track and hopefully stay close to the 25mpg. That is using regular gas.
    The mileage on mine has always been acceptable. However, now that we are having a cold spell, I cannot drive it because here is always cold air directed toward the footwell and hot or cold air blasting from the defroster. For some reason the Chrysler folks feel that this is normal. Of course, they will not drive the car because they do not get paid to drive cars. I guess I am expected to keep paying until the car rots in my driveway. I was talking to a Chrysler salesperson the other day, and he says that Chrysler simply does not treat it's customers very well. My family currently owns 8 Chrysler products. You wuld think that I might get more than bad lip service.
  • s_harpers_harper Member Posts: 4
    >> I also found out the reflask when the put in a new TC takes 4,000 to 6,000 miles to brake in.

This would correspond with my experience. While the problem was largely improved upon the reflash and replacing the TC, it wasn't fully rectified until January - roughly 4000 miles later.

I had no idea there was a break in period. I thought it would be immediate.
  • yottsyotts Member Posts: 10
    I live in St.Paul and I have a 07 PAC. The dealership told me that it was normal for the shuddering problem and also stated that it would go away with a flash to the trans. But the cold weather does make it act strange so I will be taking it back with a letter to ask for a replacement or a full buy back. I bought mine used with 29,000 miles on it. I have owned it for two months now. Chrysler knows about the cold weather problem because a friend owns one and was told by a chrysler engineer in Detroit for people in the midwest and cooler climates to use synthetic oil and to put a cooler thermostat and it possible a cold intake kit on it because some of the problems are due to the motor being restricted from getting enough air to the engine. I have made the changes and it does work for the gas mileage but not for the shuddering. Email me at yotts823@yahoo.com and we can compare notes and see what we can do to help each other with this problem.
    I had the same done to my tranny at 31,000 and it helped but never totally fixed the problem. It seems that the dealership are doing the flash so that every PAC under 3/36 will have a quick patch until it comes from under the warranty. I have been doing research on this by looking at how many PAC's are serviced while under warranty. I get the informatiom from The NHTSA records from Washington D.C.
    they have 11 TSB's on the Pacifica's already and counting. I will follow up and get back to you when I know more.
    Good Luck Yotts
    I live in Florida and have the same problem I think is not weather related, they are changing the TC on mine, it has been in the shop for four days I hope they put it back in good way , those steps have to be taken to have option for the buy back or lemon law process.
    I had a service write up guy read the TSB on TC's to me. I took the car in so that they could perform the TSB. They did not, just flashed the transmission. I took the car back at the request of a Chrysler attorney so they could perfom the TSB. They did not. They literally threw parts at the right front suspension toresolve a noise there (it is now worse) and said that the clunking, shuddering, badly shifting, lurching, and hesitating transmission was OK.
    quattrob4u: Having has a buy back here is some important information. Unless you PAC was new there is no buy backs. Only some adjustment by the dealer. However if it was a Chrysler Certified used vehicle there might be some good will kind of deal to work out. However NO Chrysler vehicle is able to get a buy back with more than 36,000 miles on it.
    Your friend is pulling your leg! Of course you can use any oil you want as long as it's 10-30 w. The Chrysler "engineer" story is an old wives tail! There is no tsb or problem with restricted air intake, either with cold or hot air. However, you are perfectly able to use K& N is you so choose to. However, to suggest Chrysler said you should change your thermostat is incorrect. What would you think was the correct tempature thermostat to use?
    As for the shuddering, IF a TC change was made or a reflash or even both, it takes a couple thousand miles for the TC to brake in, as I stated before earlier. Mine has just short of 4,000 miles and is finally smoothing out some what. One thing to take into consideration is the gear ratio is 2.75 and at 65 mph your turning about 1,400 rpm. That is how you get the better mpg with the 4. L and 6 speed auto trans. That will give a lugging feeling, or some call it shuddering. Our recent trip achieved 25 mpg with gas cap locked. The gas cap loose was not a real good idea as I found the check engine light comes on, and it is slow to go out. In 0 F degrees we got that mpg, so the restricted air intake is out to lunch.
    The PAC is not a vehicle to do much fixen up with, as it does just about as good as you most likely will achile as it is. With 4.L this does pretty well.
    Don't take me wrong, but be open to say that you thought you would try this or that, but don't try to impress with the Chrysler "engineer" said such and such, when we know that is "cow pie".

farout
    Thanks Farout for the imformation. Well I know for sure my PAC was used and it was a rental it had 27,000 miles on it when I bought it and now it has 31,000. So I'm hoping that the fix the dealer will do this time will work for me. I had it flashed about two weeks ago and it helped a little but it is back to doing the same thing as before. So well I just don't know what to do but I guess wait and see if Chrysler really does have a real fix for the PAC's they are really nice vehicles to drive. I found out mine was built in August 08, 2006. So it is on the TSB list. Well will write back when I get it back from the shop tomorrow. :D
    I took my 2007 in for clunking in the right front. On the fifth visit the dealer replaced sway bar bushings - no improvement- right front strut - no improvement - steering rack - improvement they say. I am the one who has to drive the car, although I cannot in cold weather because the climate control does not work, and the clunking in the right front is worse than ever. This is not duplicated by the left front when the same bumps are deliberately hit. I have consulted two Lemon Law attorneys who now will not return phone calls. I have been without my car for 52 days since April 12 and Chrysler does not seem to feel that is abnormal.
  • bulldozerbulldozer Member Posts: 31
    Funny thing, My wife's 07 PAC was manufactured in Oct 06. Her's has NEVER had ANY problems with shifting of rattling. It is smooth as silk. But that would put hers into the date range of the problem torque converter. We haven't had the first glitch! Mine, however, was manufactured in Feb 07. It should have had the updated parts, right? Well, back we go to the dealership for the FIFTH time with the rattling right front end. Already had motor mounts (just about all of them) replaced, lower control arms replaced, and now it gets a new set of tie rod ends and sway bar links! Left and right! (How much more money is Chrysler going to be willing to spend on the same vehicle trying to make it right?) AND, my trans controller has been flashed two times already. I'm still getting the clunking into reverse gear and a really hard shift between second and third gear. The second flash did increase my gas mileage a bit, but I can easily see why motor mounts end up broken. Slamming into reverse and slamming from second to third - eventually they may need to be replaced yet again. Glad I got an extended bumper to bumper warranty. With the rental car allowance! It is sad, though. I really like my PAC and I don't want out of it - I just want it like it should be. Is it too much to ask? If this fifth visit doesn't cure the problem, I am going to take the matter up with Chrysler. My servicing dealership has done just about everything they know how to do and they have been extremely kind to me. Likewise, me to them. But I think after this, it may be time to get some help. Anyone have the number to Chrysler? I would appreciate it. Keep you posted!
  • quattrob4uquattrob4u Member Posts: 4
    farout: If you go back and read through this thread you will find your reply post should have been directed to 'yotts' and not 'quattrob4u'

For what ever reason, on random days the TC in my car will not lockup into overdrive even after having driven 50 to 100 non-stop miles. Most days the TC will lockup into OD just fine after 4 to 5 mles. I've been told by the dealership there are temperature sensors that determine when the transmission has warmed to a safe level before allowing the TC to lockup into OD. Both the dealership & STAR claim the transmission is functioning properly and I should accept not having OD on these random days.

My guess is these temperature sensors are faulty and on random days do not function correctly, preventing the TC to lockup into OD even after the transmission has warmed sufficiently during the 50 to 100 mile trips.

As long as I am here, may as well comment on your post. How did you manage 25 mpg in 0 F temperature? Did you calculate your mpg using miles driven divided by gallons used, or are you going by the computer?

Thanks
    I took my PAC to the shop 2-25-2008. Got a call today that the brake sending unit and the TC both needed to be replaced. I will know more once I go and get it tomorrow. Seems as though Chrysler is getting a little tired of me calling them so they told me if I have any problem when I get it back call them..I will let everyone know more tomorrow.
    Sorry for the mistake. About how I calculate my mpg. Filled to the top, and when I fill it back up to the top I devide the gallons into the miles. First let me say I do not floor it but only on rare times. I drive for mpg. I stay at the posted speed. I use the speed control. I use Phillips 66 gas or Cemex, or Sinclare 87 gas. I do not use the 10/90 gas. Recently my wife got 26.8 mpg! Frankly we are puzzled, as we mever expected the PAC to come even close to this. We traded a Jeep Compass in on the PAC, and we were lucky to get 22 mpg with that CHEAP EXCUSE FOR A JEEP. Can you tell we did not like the Compass.
    The MPG has improved as the miles from the TC replacement has increased from when they did it. Even the shudder seems a little better, but not a whole lot.

farout
    Here is the number for Chrysler Custome Care, 800 992 1997 Push the # 5 then #2 then #1 then # 2 then the VIN # or your Phone #. Then be prepared to give a detailed account of your problems and the dates that the PAC has been in the shop. They will follow up and tell you what do do next. BE POLITE, PRAISE THE EFFORT THEY ARE MAKING ON YOUR BEHALF!!! tHESE PEOPLE ARE USED TO RUDE JERKS, AND A KIND VOICE IS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO THEM.
    Do you have the Lifetime Power train warranty? and the Lifetime service contract?

farout
    Farout can you tell me what do you think about a buyback for a used 07 PAC. I bought it last month. I had the TC replaced and the ABS went out on it as well. I have just got it back from the shop today it runs fine but the ABS light comes on and goes away on it's on they flashed the ABS controller from the TSB that was issued for this. Still need to know more about a buyback. I have 32,000 mile on mine.Thanks to anyone who may have a suggestion for me at this time. :confuse:
    I'm back, I received my Pac today and I was expecting some improvement after the TC change but as soon as we went for the test I felt the shuder and the hard down shift from the transmission at low speeds from stop to 20 MPH and then complete stop, my mechanic told me that this will not be solved and advise me to call Chrysler, I think I will have to go that way my Pac is 8000 miles now but don't want to put more miles that afect the buy back.
    please keep me updated
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    you need to read up on your state's lemon law. Every state has their own rules. For instance, I know mine has a rule that if a dealer is given the oppurtunity to fix a problem on a new car 3 times and fail all 3 times, the car may be eligible for buyback under the lemon law.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• bulldozerbulldozer Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for the number. I have the extened bumper-to-bumper 50,000 mile warranty. Luckily, it has a rental car allowance! I plan to call them, and I, like you, know that they must get all kinds of rude callers. As I have been with the dealership, I will be kind and polite to them. I just want my vehicle right like it should be. I really don't want a buyback or replacement. But I do expect to get what I paid for. I don't plan to seek a lemon law action at all.
    I just picked up my PAC last evening, and the rattle in the right front is still there. They replaced the sway bar links and tie rod ends. I'm just wondering what else could they possibly replace to make it right? And it still has the annoying pull to the right. I wouldn't have anything to say save for the fact that my wife's 07 PAC drives like a dream with absolutely NO problems at all-no rattle, no pull, no hard shifts, nothing! Why can't mine be the same? After all, that is why I wanted to drive one too. That is why I think it is time to call Chrysler and seek their advice simpy as a concerned Chrysler owner. What next, guys? Help me out here. The dealership simply sold it to me and tried everything they knew how to make it right for me. We are all out of ideas!
  • oldschool1oldschool1 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2007 pacifica Touring. My first test driving experience was good. The next morning when I started the car it had a clicking sound while warming up. I drove in an open parking lot, I found, when coming to a sudden stop the brakes or something made the car surged forward, then while siting in park the car trembles every three to five seconds and engine is not very quiet.

Is this normal for the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica or do yall think this make is not a good buy
    I bought my 2007 new. It was fine for about a month. It has now been to three dealers for five visits and a total of 52 days. I am told that nothing is wrong and then they decide to throw parts at it. I have been in the auto business for over 40 years so I have some slight idea what a car is supposed to do and not supposed to do. I have had others in the business and not in the business deive the car and they all experience the same problems. I lost in arbitration because NCDS did not bother to inform me if the arbitrator could make the appointment. He claimed that he waited for half an hour for me. Why not call me at any of the three phone numbers that he had for me.
    In short - I love my Pacifica, but I also hate it because it is simply not pleasant to drive. At this point I am not certain that I would want it even if they could fix all of the problems.
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    Colder air should net better mpg and hp. Motors run more efficient when cold. Also, cold air is more dense.