Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru B9 Electrical/Lighting Problems

13»

Comments

• ttentelhttentelh Member Posts: 46
    always use Genuine Subaru parts, common can't you afford $20 that you are using wal mart made in china products. You earned what you paid for.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Make sure the lenses are clean - my wife's Forester wasn't lighting up the road well, and when I looked they were just filthy. Cleaned, and all better now.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    edited January 2011
    other thing that may have happened is that the bulb blew out and coated the inside of the lens with [non-permissible content removed]. if so you will need to find a long swab like the doctors use to clean out the inside of the lens and then reinstall the bulb. you can tell if you clean the out side and its still dim...

also make sure that the LOW beams are actually working and your not just on the daytime running lights...

do they switch from low to high beams when you toggle the high beams?

and no real way to put them in backwards, they have a notch and then its just plug the wires into the back.
  • shortshannonshortshannon Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I will see if the lens is clean. When I go from the daytime running lights to the low beams I do see a difference, just not a significant one. When I switch to the high beams, a separate set of lights comes on, as well as the low beams and I can definately see the difference.

Thanks for the advice.
  • donnac1donnac1 Member Posts: 1
    I started having electrical problems with my 2008 Tribeca after driving it cross country in 2009. The map lights in the interior come on when I go over bumps, make turns, and if an adult is sitting in the passenger front seat. I have had my brake lights go out several times and in 2 years had to have them replaced three times. I have also taken it to the Dealer twice and they cannot recreate the issue. Does anyone have insight into what might be going on? Thanks!
  • babicak1babicak1 Member Posts: 4
    they propably did not set those lightbulbs right in the seat .have simillar problem when I done it for first time on mine.Have them recheck it at dealer NOT at WASHMART!!!!They will check it for free I'm sure of it.
  • 2008subie2008subie Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an 08 TriBeCa and having the same issue with my car...map lights and back door light come on automatically after running over a bump or making a sharp turn. These lights actually need to be open manually so I do not understand it myself. It comes on then after awhile goes off. I made an appt last week to have it checked this week but I haven't been able to recreate the issue so it would have been no help to them so I canceled appt for the meantime. Have you been able to resolve the issue?
  • dmaniscalcodmaniscalco Member Posts: 1
    I was able to resolve this issue. The Subaru dealership in Austin, TX, took my door apart and found there were some wires that needed to be replaced and that solved the issue. I have not had any problems since. I had also had the door switch replaced prior to that.
  • 2008subie2008subie Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, I thought I was totally losing it. Hopefully it's covered under warranty as I just bought the car recently. I hope mines gets resolved as well, will post updates once it gets resolved. :confuse: