Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Changes You'd Like To See in the Chevrolet HHR

2»

Comments

• lcmaxxlcmaxx Member Posts: 1
    I stand about 5'-9" and have to watch my head as I unload. I would like to see duel swinging rear doors.
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    I'm driving a 2009 HHR as a rental while my car is getting fixed under warranty and the HHR needs more leg room and better visibility. I'm 6'2" and my legs are cramped and the roof line is too low for good visibility. Someone mentioned the window switches and cup holders--yes, the power window switches are in the door and there are 3 cup holders in the center console--but the 3rd one is for the back seat, I believe.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    If you're talking about the front visibility then that won't change as it is part of the animal. Your driving a remake of an old car and thats the way they were built.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    It has the almost custom chopped look. The original one back in the 40's had a higher roof line for its size from what I recall.
  • rdesantisrdesantis Member Posts: 30
    The interior engineers could have also given us taller people a, few more notches to make the seat lower, for improved visablity and increased headroom, it is afterall Heritage High Roof (HHR). The PTcrusier has just as much of a roof line dip and visability is much better for city driving. Don;t sweat it Poncho, I love my H, but get yourself into an Aveo. Its a smaller car and driver cockpit is designed with lots of knee and head room for tall and/or short people.

They definalty fixed the Windshild issue. I just came back for the 2009 Detroit Autoshow and the 2010 "orlando" which will replace the HHR has much better visability and even a thrid row of seats!!!
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    It is what it is that is why people need to test drive before they buy. All those custom chopped cars/trucks have the same issue.

The Aveo will be right for some and not right for others like the HHR.
  • 87silver87silver Member Posts: 9
    As someone from the Hot Rod era, I chose the HHR for those very nostalgic reasons.

With chopped top rods you always had to lean forward to see the light change before dumping the clutch. It was something that I was prepared for and used to when I bought my 21st century rod which is an HHR SS.

The Orlando does nothing for me in this context and I see it as merely another modern car with no unique distinction that the HHR and PT has.

For me, the only thing that I would change is maybe an AWD version for increased handling.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    You don't need to lean forward with this:
    http://tinyurl.com/dj265y

I have it and its the best investment I have put in my HHR.
  • cmyrecmyre Member Posts: 4
    They should come standard with 4 wheel disc brakes on all models ( not just the SS ) and this would CURE the brake issues that they ALL have.
This discussion has been closed.