Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Changes You'd Like To See in the Kia Rio

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
If it was up to you, what kind of things would you add onto or change about the Kia Rio to improve it?
Tagged:

Comments

• aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    I'd like to see the following added to the Rio5:
    availability of a sunroof option-
    a powerful name brand audio system (Sony, Pioneer, etc) option with subwoofer, similar to the 228 watt system in the Hyundai Accent SE Liftback-
    and something truly out of the ordinary: a stabilty/traction control that would set this model liftback apart from the new breed of "B" car (Yaris, Versa, Aveo). These would certainly be changes worth seeing in the "5". I may be dreaming concerning these changes, but still it would be nice if KIA considered adding them to the options roster and making the 5 even more of a worthwhile purchase for those of us willing to pay extra for them. :D

Peace!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    :P You're ALLOWED to dream in this discussion!
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    Gotcha, pf. . .LOL. . . :D

Do you really think KIA suits read these forums, pf?
    Whatcha think?

Thanx for replying though. I hope this particular forum flies, if U know what I mean. ;)

Peace!
  • boyceboyce Member Posts: 48
    cruise control available in all Rios. A flat loadspace with the back seats down in the Rio 5. Thats all thats keeping my from buying one.

2015 Mazda 3 Skyactive 6spd. auto 2008 Mazda Tribute S 4spd auto.

• chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    I agree. I have a '04 Rio Cinco it doesn't have a flat loadspace either. It would be nice if it were flat. Seems to me it wouldn't be all that expensive to have done it in the first place.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Talk with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America about building the Kia brand in the U.S. Get exclusive takes from an industry leader about Kia's quality, safety, product development and globalization in the automotive marketplace.

Don't miss your chance to chat with Ian Beavis, a veteran in the automotive industry the inside questions you want to know.

Please join us for this live chat with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America tonight from 6-7pm PT, 9-10pm ET
  • bike1953bike1953 Member Posts: 3
    -a defroster doesn't run off the A/C

-stiffer suspension (I have a 2009 RIO5 LX)...Koni racing shocks.

-diesel engine option
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2013
    - an AWD drive option
    - a diesel option
    - a mid/high/super highend sound system option. I say mid because as of the recent date of writing this (Jan/13) even though many of you have gotten wishes since 2006..we have learned that even the new Rio's have sound systems that suck. I have even read of their new Optima owners complaining of mediocre sound, even though they love practically everything else about their car. This poor sound system trait they are still practicing (penny pinching) is a glaring mistake Kia, hope you're reading..?

- and lastly I would prefer this in all cars/trucks. LOSE the 'package' pricing. Go back to ticker options. Make it so someone can order a killer sound system, heated steering wheel, no sunroof and wind up windows. (as an example, and is real world of what I would order as an example..I hate frozen power windows and leaky, complex, expensive, hot, less-safe-than-steel sunroofs) and do this with the same value added that package pricing affords now.

Yes, with that last one...remember..this is a "dream wish list" so don't plan to debate anyone with why they do package pricing now..I get it..I just don't want it.

@bike1953, the reason they associate mandatory A/C compressor use with all forms of defrost settings is because people are basically idiots. They had their recirculate door closed in the winter and couldn't figure out why their windows would not unfog. The other primary reason is that air compressor use is a good thing in the off season as there is an oil in the gas used and this oil helps keep the seals seating against their respective seats and general lubing of the system. Since they started doing this, you may recall that 'recharges' often go till there is a corrosion or other major component failure, of 10+ years, unlike years ago when some brands required a recharge every 3 years or so.

But, like you, I still wish it was optional. I turn it to defrost deliberately to lube the system in the winter on every drive, even though for driving down the road I turn it back off defrost due to poorer fuel economy. But in my car, there is basically zero air flow on the windshield (in the floor setting) unless it is in a chosen defrost setting, either full def or def/floor (an irritating and glaring design flaw that I recently confirmed Sonic has the same deficiency...and there goes the compressor even though it only takes a few minutes to keep things lubed off season.