Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Carrera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Yep, actually a great deal if you can get a Certified..... that suits your need. The problem with the demos is that you are going to pay over dealer cost for a demo.

The Porsche Certified program is a warranty and not a service contract. It is for 100,000 miles and basically the same as the new car. The way they have it set up is you get the same dispute resolution as applied on the new car warranty. That makes the Certified program warranty actually better than the new car one.

Porsche does not charge for the Certified program car, but the dealer may charge a fee for the inspection, etc. Many try to tack on as much as $1,500, but is all additional dealer profit.
  • Porsche, in fact, does charge the Dealer for the CPO Warranty...There is about $500.00 for the CPO Inspection including Oil Service and Brake Flush...plus $1495.00 for the Warranty itself. An additional requirement of the CPO Warranty also requires Porsche "N" rated tires on the car; so the existing tires have to be replaced even if new, if they are not the appropriate tires.

Porsche is not the most profitable car company in the world by accident...here nothing is "free"...
  • That is absolutely not true.....The dealer makes the inspection and charges whatever they choose. The check list is long and thorough, however in real life, many times the technician fails to follow thoroughly.

You are correct about the requirements, however you have been misinformed concerning the charges. Whomever has told you this, possibly a salesperson, may not know the true facts either. This is a high added profit maker for the dealer which many times is very protected. I have found the same true of many factory incentives (not of Porsche) passed to the dealer with intention to be passed on to the consumer, but the dealer will keep it all for himself. I recently proved several metro Infiniti dealers were concealing a $5,500 spiff on 2007 QX56 models from the sales force and the dealers were making the entire ADP, sharing only with the F&I managers.

Porsche receives, nor charges a dime for the Certified Warranty. I have litigated this issue, and was surprised to learn the true facts. Anytime someone pays for the Porsche Certified, it is purely added dealer markup which generally the finance officer, salesperson,and management share, the service manager and technician also get a cut.

This arrangement is just like the doc prep fees are shared among many of the store employees surprisingly including the receptionist, secretary, etc. I personally believe this is good business, knowing the lady who answers the phone and takes messages may want to take care of me for a future spiff. Brumo's even gives a chunk of it for cancer research.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,475
    Porsche gives a free extended warranty on their CPO cars???!!

Why in the world would they do that? What do they possibly have to gain?

Sorry.. but, that makes no sense at all.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Sorry..but, you must understand the facts of the situation.

Porsche USA charges and receives absolutely nothing from the additional dealer markup for a Certified Car warranty. It is part of the overall dealer relationship to encourage trade ins with Porsche. This warranty cannot be purchased for any amount of money except for and only for Porsche cars which have been bona-fide titled to an arms length purchaser who later trades it back to an authorized Porsche dealer. NO exceptions, you cannot add it to an original purchase, you cannot buy a Porsche traded to a Mercedes dealer and take it to a Porsche dealer to have it certified.

The program is an extended warranty beyond the original one, and it is tied directly to the same dispute resolution process as dictated by the applicable lemon law for a new vehicle. In fact is processed by the same arbitrator as the applicable lemon law.

This program is a tremendous aid for a Porsche dealer and is set up by Porsche USA to aid the dealer to make a trade thus selling another new Porsche unit. You cannot buy a Porsche from an individual, take it in to your dealer and have it certified. Has to be purchased from a Porsche dealer. That is where Porsche makes its money on this program, selling another new vehicle. It also enables and injects somewhat of a support to the resale value of these vehicles, so you do not see the pounding like you get with other makes with low mileage.

Due to some problems in Magnum-Moss and for other legal reasons, Porsche does not charge a dime for this program, or share in the profits from the dealer. You do not see it as a line item charge paid, it is added to the price of the vehicle by the selling dealer

So, it does make sense, and as I might add quite clever
    I still don't see how Porsche makes money off of the CPO car? The dealer jacks up the price, Porsche USA sees no money, yet still provides an extended warranty? For free?

Doesn't sound very clever to me... Or, believable..

Sorry,
    kyfdx

• Now let me see if I understand this correctly...The Dealer adds a "Mark Up" to the car basically for a Warranty that has not been paid for...And Porsche honors this warranty for 6 Years & 100,000 Miles from the original "In Service" date and pays the Dealer for the warranty work completed under the CPO...This seems, to me, just a bit odd...
  • Yep, I would agree it is a bit odd, but you have to do the math on the number of new units sold by an average Porsche dealer in the U.S. You can quickly see it requires some odd dealer support to make the arithmetic to work on these new facilities Porsche USA is demanding. Surf the dealer inventory and you will find several with only four to six stock items. These are not volume operations. I personally know one of their newer stores in the deep south which has only sold four new units this
    year, however they are thriving on certified vehicles obtained from a larger dealers trade in overstock.

Porsche USA, meanwhile is having a banner year and 911's overall are in short allocation. All of this means Porsche USA has this program set up for dealer support, I am unable to disclose how the share works out on claims made under this arrangement. You have to remember, the dealer keeps the entire charge, usually around $1,500. So there is money in the kitty. Another factor in this program is the average life of the warranty. Although very loyal, a Porsche owner does not keep the car very long, either getting a replacement, or getting out of a Porsche. You do not have a high percentage of long term high mileage ownership of a single vehicle. One of the oddest things about this program is that you cannot purchase it for a new vehicle at any price..........go figure.
  • I have a 2007 M45 and am looking to buy a 2003 cab with 12,000 miles... looks to be in terrific condition, i called the dealer regarding the service history and other than a window motor, it is clean. i read on the post about a RMS leak? what is it and should i worry... i also need a recommendation about a good aftermarket warranty company from which to purchase an extended and if it is even worth doing so. finally, does anyone know of a good mechanic in South Florida so i can avoid using the dealer...oh yeah, the car does not have the PSM management system... is it really that important or can i live without it.. car will be used primarily on the weekends... and on date night :)
    thanks
  • Is this 2003 Cab at a Porsche Dealership?
  • dealer, but not porsche dealer..
    i have car chex going there.
    why
  • Be patient...Find one at a Porsche Dealer...
  • If she is a one owner, contact the owner and see if you can obtain reliable information. The owner may have an extended warranty which you can assume. If the dealer is not willing to furnish you with the owner information, you can obtain it from other sources......Possibly carfax.

And, you do not want to own this car and not have it serviced by a Porsche dealer.......There is no make or model of vehicle produced today that can be properly cared for by a non dealer mechanic. They simply cannot purchase the necessary diagnostic equipment and service tools to do the job. Not a Porsche specific problem, but all vehicles.
  • Any data on the markdowns on 07 Cabrio inventory and the discounts on 08 in the east coast?

thanks.
  • I found a beautiful blk on blk 2007Conv911S with 200 miles. Dealer only wants to take 5k off 100k msrp. Considering the time of the year, wouldn't 10k to 15k be more in line with current pricing? I want to pay the least amount possible because I'm coming out of a negative equity BMW 7 series. They only want to give me 48k for my 06 7 series with 16k miles but my pay off for my lease is 68k.
  • akb2akb2 Posts: 3
    Are you interested in a 08 Targa 4, black/black?
  • Why do you ask?
  • I'm interested in a '08 Targa tip.
  • rhinojwbrhinojwb Posts: 2
    Am looking for a '09 Targa 4S. Since few to none in the area will likely have to special order. Interested in pricing experience/guidance when special ordering - do I have negotiating room? Would hope so in this economy and with number of dealers in the area (San Francisco) but haven't special ordered before. Appreciate the input.
  • bosco42bosco42 Posts: 20
    I am looking to obtain a 2009 C2S or C4S tip. Any recommendations on who would be the most aggressive in pricing it in the NY/LI area ? Thanks
  • Hi

I am not a Porsche expert so I need some help pricing a 1984 Porsche 911 with 85,000 original miles and in good condition. Any help?
    Are you buying or selling?

Targa or coupe?

Color?

• Hi all,

Given how badly Porsche sales have fallen in the U.S. this year, I'm wondering what kinds of deals people are seeing on 911s.

I would expect discounts of 25% or more off invoice would be possible.

Can anyone comment on a recent sales experience?
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    I would expect discounts of 25% or more off invoice would be possible.

Stop expecting. 25% below invoice? I don't think you could even get that kind of deal on a Pontiac. Check used listings for an indication of what you might expect from new car pricing.
  • ccc997ccc997 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone I am new to the Porsche forum.
    I am interested in purchasing my first porsche in the next few months and have several pricing questions. I know there is a difference between Private Party pricing and Dealer Retail so if possible please give me both.
    I found a vehicle I am interested in on Auto Trader and i think based on the options listed below PP pricing should come in around $59,499 and Dealer Retail pricing should come in around $62,299. I put together this pricing mostly from Edmunds. On Auto Trader this guy has had the car listed for the past 10 months for 67,500. Am i not getting accurate pricing info or is this guy out of his mind? What other sources are fair for pricing vehicles?

2007 Carrera S
    9856 miles
    clean condition
    sport chrono pkg
    bose high end stereo
    navigation/dvd system
    self dimming mirror pkg
    power seat pkg
    porsche crest headset
    colored wheel cap crest

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • $20,000 off sticker on a 2009 911 S Cabrio with PDK. car has 1400 miles
  • I bought my first 911 last week. Cab. 500miles 1 previous owner. Sticker at 95k. They took 20k. off. There are new 911's out there for 20k off sticker. Try Hennessey Porsche in Atlanta and ask for Scott.He made me an offer after I made my purchase.
  • Just bought a 1996 911 arena red/cashmere just under 36,000 miles for $34,500 stock clean and very good shape. live in Nj and bot it from a guy in southern Md
    took 3 painless months on negotiating. he flat bedded it right to my door. have never been a car guy , but have always dreamed of owning a 911.Every night i go in the garage a stare at it.What a beauty
  • I just leased a Carrera 4S PDK 2009 with MSRP of 124K. I put down total 5K including first payment and all costs. My monthly payment is $1857. I am trying to figure out if I got a good deal or an average deal or should I have negotiated more?

What others are paying in VA, North East for this type of car?
    Thanks.
  • anouanou Posts: 15
    Is there a way to figure out what's the dealer cost for a 911 Carrera coupe? I cannot seem to find any hold back information. Thanks.