Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche 911 Carrera Prices Paid

2»

Comments

• porschegirl1porschegirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I am not a Porsche expert so I need some help pricing a 1984 Porsche 911 with 85,000 original miles and in good condition. Any help?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Are you buying or selling?

Targa or coupe?

Color?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dark_katanadark_katana Member Posts: 46
    Hi all,

Given how badly Porsche sales have fallen in the U.S. this year, I'm wondering what kinds of deals people are seeing on 911s.

I would expect discounts of 25% or more off invoice would be possible.

Can anyone comment on a recent sales experience?
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    I would expect discounts of 25% or more off invoice would be possible.

Stop expecting. 25% below invoice? I don't think you could even get that kind of deal on a Pontiac. Check used listings for an indication of what you might expect from new car pricing.
  • ccc997ccc997 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone I am new to the Porsche forum.
    I am interested in purchasing my first porsche in the next few months and have several pricing questions. I know there is a difference between Private Party pricing and Dealer Retail so if possible please give me both.
    I found a vehicle I am interested in on Auto Trader and i think based on the options listed below PP pricing should come in around $59,499 and Dealer Retail pricing should come in around $62,299. I put together this pricing mostly from Edmunds. On Auto Trader this guy has had the car listed for the past 10 months for 67,500. Am i not getting accurate pricing info or is this guy out of his mind? What other sources are fair for pricing vehicles?

2007 Carrera S
    9856 miles
    clean condition
    sport chrono pkg
    bose high end stereo
    navigation/dvd system
    self dimming mirror pkg
    power seat pkg
    porsche crest headset
    colored wheel cap crest

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • baldeglbaldegl Member Posts: 16
    $20,000 off sticker on a 2009 911 S Cabrio with PDK. car has 1400 miles
  • tower100tower100 Member Posts: 4
    I bought my first 911 last week. Cab. 500miles 1 previous owner. Sticker at 95k. They took 20k. off. There are new 911's out there for 20k off sticker. Try Hennessey Porsche in Atlanta and ask for Scott.He made me an offer after I made my purchase.
  • regionalregional Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 1996 911 arena red/cashmere just under 36,000 miles for $34,500 stock clean and very good shape. live in Nj and bot it from a guy in southern Md
    took 3 painless months on negotiating. he flat bedded it right to my door. have never been a car guy , but have always dreamed of owning a 911.Every night i go in the garage a stare at it.What a beauty
  • smirza2000smirza2000 Member Posts: 9
    I just leased a Carrera 4S PDK 2009 with MSRP of 124K. I put down total 5K including first payment and all costs. My monthly payment is $1857. I am trying to figure out if I got a good deal or an average deal or should I have negotiated more?

What others are paying in VA, North East for this type of car?
    Thanks.
  • anouanou Member Posts: 39
    Is there a way to figure out what's the dealer cost for a 911 Carrera coupe? I cannot seem to find any hold back information. Thanks.
  • jackdelia4ujackdelia4u Member Posts: 26
    Hi...Can anybody advise me what type of discount I can expect to receive off of the MSRP on a 2010 911 Carrera. Sticker price was $84,505.00. The dealer told me he could take off 7%. I have read in other posts that buyers are getting $20K off the sticker price. Can this be true? Thanks, Jack
    Hi..I just found it the other day...dealer cost on a 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera with no options is $69,800.00 give or take a couple of dollars. Jack
  • tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    you should expect 15% off of MSRP..
    if your a costco memeber on the costco.com prices it out for you.
  • newcarguy30newcarguy30 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any recent experience with pricing for a new 2010 C4S? Dealer quoted 5% off sticker of about $110k. Seems pretty high to me - wanted to see if anyone had any recent experience. Thanks
    Walk away from 5% discount. It is nonsense! Every dealer is doing at least 10% off all 2010 models. You may even be able to stretch it to 15% off MSRP...I tried but couldn't do it. I was originally looking at a 2010 C4S but ended up with a plain old 2010 vanilla 911 Carrera with 10% off MSRP...I drove the C4S and I ended up purchasing the 911 Carrera. The C4S is a slug compared to the Carrera...if you don't really need the all wheel drive...go with Carrera S. I purchased my car from Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, Florida. Speak to Marco Guerrero. Great guy at a great dealership. I will buy all my future Porsches from this dealership. And I just love my car. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I did all my shopping in late July and bought the car on August 01. I could only surmise that they are cutting even greater discounts today. Good luck, Jack.
  • llngoc2llngoc2 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

What is the realistic percentage off an on-the-lot 2011 Carrera or Carrera S? How about on an order? I was at the dealership looking for a base Carrera but the dealer has an S on the lot with most of the options we wanted (and a few which we didn't care for). The salesperson implied that the price is negotiable but how far can we really expect to go? I don't want to get all work up for an S and found that it is still too far off from my original budget.

Thanks
    Louis
  • fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2011
    Looks like there has not been a post in more than 8 months. Can people report on how they have been doing lately with deals on any 997, especially since the 991 is just around the corner.
  • bmeachambmeacham Member Posts: 1
    Wanted one forever. Looking at a 2002 Black Cabriolet with 40k miles @ price of $27,800.00. 2 owner car, clean Carfax. New HRE wheels and tires, navigation. Looking at it this weekend. Good deal?
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    If you are looking at used 911's check Rennlist. Tons of great info there on prices, options, etc....
  • youn0813youn0813 Member Posts: 28
    How much would my dad be able to take off of a 2012 911 with a sticker price of $118K. The dealership in Los Angeles, CA, offered him a 5K discount, but I feel like that's very little, if I were buying any car, I'd get at least 10% off of the sticker price. That's about how much I got on my ML350 not long ago, but it did take some time and traveling.

Could someone familiar with 911 pricing voice in some comments, opinion, or suggestions regarding amount of discounts one get obtain?
  • llngoc2llngoc2 Member Posts: 15
    If this is the redesigned 2012 991, I would consider this very good discount but if this is 997, then it is way too low. Back in September 2011, I was able to get a 7% discount on a custom order 997.

But if it is the brand new redesigned 991, don't expect too much. BTW, was your ML the new redesign or the older model.
  • karateldykarateldy Member Posts: 2
    I started with Costco and was given the name of a dealer in Silver Spring, MD. With an MSRP of 95,590 for an order, the sales rep gave me a discounted price of 93,800. Wow - not even a 2% discount! When Costco contacted me regarding my experience, I told them it wasn't worth my time.
    I am now working with a dealer in Charlottesville, VA. Should I expect a 7% discount or higher? Thanks!
  • fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    I am seeing significant discounts right now and 7-8% should definitely be doable.
  • karateldykarateldy Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for responding so quickly. Today the dealership in Charlottesville, VA quoted me a 5% discount, much better than 2% from the Silver Spring, MD dealer. I'll keep at it!
  • udi617udi617 Member Posts: 1
    Just got 2013 911 convertible sticker 112005 got it 103000 in Huntington L.I had great experience
  • ed911ed911 Member Posts: 1
    looking for good delership in LI area seems you had good experience can you share who did you deal with. thank you
  • fred_1975fred_1975 Member Posts: 9
    I am planing to order my first 991 and I am between going with a Base 991 7 speed manual transmission or a PDK transmission.
    I test drove both and felt that the clutch pedal is pretty hard and was wondering how does it fell on every day driving. I appreciate if anyone can share your opinions.
  • tower100tower100 Member Posts: 4
    I was really torn but decided to go with the manual. I must say i was disappointed at first because the clutch was so stiff. After about 10,000 miles, it opened up and now it's a lot easier. I think by 15,000 miles, i will be fine.
    It's such a personal decision. You should trust your gut. In retrospect, i would prefer the PDK because i live in the city and sometimes, i get tired of shifting but i have to admit, I'm really starting to enjoy the shifting. Keep test driving but the problem is that you will have a whole different car after 10,000 miles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    I volunteer to break in your clutch pedal for you... 5K - 10K miles...

No charge! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fred_1975fred_1975 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you guys. I decided to go with the PDK, yes it's going to cost me more but I don't want to worry about when my wife drives the car. Not to mention that with 7 speed manual I am afraid I will have to speed more than I should just to make use of the 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7th gears ;)
  • stlpm636stlpm636 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, all ...
    I am considering buying a 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. It has 77k miles, and is all stock. The seller is asking $28,900.

Any thoughts, pros, cons and other feedback regarding this particular model would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!