Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes Benz R-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• herisheris Member Posts: 15
    I have a correction on my post. I think I have the P1 package now that I think about it. I have a sunroof, not the pano. I don't have navigation. I have a phone, aluminum wheels, six seats.... I can't remember all of the packages actually now. Electric seats, and power liftgate.... I also paid $42,200. I forgot to mention the videos before when I've posted because they weren't the MB brands. These are the kind that aren't drilled in the seats, but look like they were born in the MB. They look BETTER than MB brand and are more functional. Even the MB employees like the Invision brand better than the MB brand video players from what I hear. Anyway, these are BEAUTIFUL... and pricey to have installed; but you can put them in another vehicle and Invision will color match them for free to your NEXT vehicle if you call them directly, but MB doesn't want you to KNOW that! Ask me how I know that. :) :)
  • tmarie26tmarie26 Member Posts: 1
    I have the panoramic roof on my R350. I just bought this 2006 car used and am so far really enjoying it. The headlights are awful in the normal setting on dark roads so I need to do something about that. Also, every once in awhile I hear what sounds like a sliding metal noise under the car. I've heard it a few times when my son gets out and slams his door shut. Not sure what that could be. ??

Anyhow, my car has the glass roof/sunroof and has the sliding screen cover. I get AWFUL wind noise from the roof when it is open. The roof was a very attractive feature in my opinion when buying the car. Of course, I bought it on a rainy day and it rained the first 10 days I had the car so I had never really tested the roof in a driving state. :( Anyhow, I can't carry on a conversation or hear my radio at all when it's open. Does anyone else have this problem? I am finding very few places that say they carry a deflector and I'm not even sure this will solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you had this issue and corrected it? Thanks so much!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Have you tried cracking the back windows open? Other than that --- ????
    You bought 'my' car. I love mine. I don't know what power package you bought and options, but no matter, it sounds like you still got an OK deal. I would have done the same on buying that car. Buy the warranty... and haggle it down, too. You should be able to get it for around $800. =D

My favorite features are the gear shift, auto phone sync, power lift gate, power seats, and the POSITION of the cruise; and well most everything on the steering column. It's la basic Mercedes with just enough perks to be luxury. And I love the back trunk space. Make sure you buy the hex mat for the trunk. It's INVALUABLE.

This SUV is like a modern wagon. I just love it. I am not toting four kids and their friends anymore, so I don't need a van. This is just perfect since my kiddos now drive. I just need the ability to haul those that live in our home at one time when we go somewhere as a family in one vehicle... which is rare. :cry:

Here's a link to a site that makes a decent Hex Mat for the R-Class. Congratulations on your great deal.

link title
  • stephem3stephem3 Member Posts: 7
    My wife and I picked up a very well equipped 2006 this weekend. We had been looking for a 2007 (or even a 320 diesel), but after realizing we couldnt live without all the things we have on our current car, xenon, heated seats, NAV, real leather, etc, etc, we found only one car in our area that had everything. It was a one owner (actually bought from dealer we purchased it used from), had a whole range of things replaced during the certificiation process (new tires, brakes, etc) and has a warranty for another 18 months as a result of the certification. Dealer was looking for around $33k for the car, which I knew was way more than we should pay. We were happy to leave with it at $29k and they were willing to do that without much fuss. It seems to have litterally EVERY option that you could get for 2006 (including many we didnt necessarily need, like center console for second row) and a fabulous aftermarket DVD system in the headrests of the front seats, with 2 separate DVD players that can either be used through wireless headsets or the car's audio system. We were in and out with the car in under 1.5 hours, which to me is worth another $1000...
    Incidentally, the supply of used R350's in the PACNW has really dwindled in the last 3 months. So we were starting to face slim pickings. This one really seems like a gem though.
    I dunno. I hate xenon lights. I think that's high for an '06 this late in the year. Sorry. Wouldn't have done it. I think you could have gotten a bit better deal. I know it's late, but... I'm posting anyway in case anyone else is reading.

And I have SL Active DVD Invisions, but I have the kind that are not in the headrests because I did not want holes drilled in the back of my headrests. My Invisions LOOK LIKE THEY were born there, but they can be removed with no holes drilled in my seat. They were installed by Invision techs with their latest and greatest technology and I don't see them on their website! I only see the 'built in the headset versions. My DVD's are so slim and are the EXACT color of my MB interior seat color and blend perfectly with the headrest. I also have four wireless headsets and remotes so four people can hear if I don't have it coming through the radio speakers. Cool, isn't it?

And for anyone that wants to know. GET THIS KIND. If you do, Invision will transfer this kind to any other vehicle you buy and MATCH IT TO YOUR NEXT VEHICLE'S INTERIOR. The company where you bought it doesn't want you to know. You have to call INVISION for them to do it. :D Ask me how I KNOW THIS!!! (OK, I'll tell you, they came to my house to switch mine out and did mine to my R-Class to match my interior... for about $250) link title
  • art14art14 Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2009 R Class and love this car. I think we got a good deal. The MSRP on the car was $58,215. It has the

P01 Package, Panorama Sunroof, Heated Front Seats, Rear Seat Entertainment. Mercedes was offering $10,000 off the car and was able to get the dealer to take off $7465.00. I bought the car for $ 40,750.00 with tax and Doc Fees brought the price to $42,265.00. This is my and my wife's first new car and I hope we did well with the price.
  • rslandarch1rslandarch1 Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations on your new R350. I'm assuming it is a brand new car? If you don't mind, may I ask which dealership gave you this deal?
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    What model? Any mileage in your car? does not fit in to calculation. Why would dealer took another 7465 off after 10k?
  • art14art14 Member Posts: 6
    The miles on the car when I got it 3 months ago was 37. The $10,000 came from Mercedes not the dealer. The dealer is out nothing that came from mercedes benz..The salesman said the samething we took $10,000 off the car and I said no Mercedes Benz took $10,000 off the car not the dealer. I then asked what will the dealer take off they took 12.5% off the MSRP and I was looking for 15% but my wife loved the car so much. I am happy with the price and the car. The model of the car is the RClass 350 4 Matic.
    It does not adds up right. MSRP 58215 must have metallic color to add up to 58215 with pkg you have. Invoice comes out to be 54201. With 10K from Mb and 1721.70 hold back dealer owe this car for 42479.30. Don't understand how dealer can sell for less then that. Until unless you got some fleet incentive. Do you know why he sold for less or any body can come up with the math.
    The r class is not a great seller. Dealer may have been sending it off to auction to pay the light bill and had a buyer so he unloaded it. Of course this assumes the deal is real. 58k msrp truecar says real cost is 43k. Could have been a monthly spiff to 40k 3 months ago.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    Hi I am just curious - the TMV pricing for the base model is about 33000 for this vehicle - is that the price anyone is getting ? I looked at the vehicle and would love to get this one for that price !
    I don't understand why this is not a great seller. Its truly and amazing car. AMAZING seating, even for 7 people. It certainly is a crossover between SUV/Station wagon/ and Minivan.
    Other than maintenance, I don't see a negative point.
    TMV for base may be 33000 but none of the car comes out of factory without some packages. So low 40k will be your TMV once you get barely packaged vehicle.
    I personally really like the look. Saw one in a parking lot and pointed it out to my wife and she said it was UGLY!!! It's different looking and so people like or dislike -- kind of like the nissan quest.
  • gogo88gogo88 Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer for new 2009 R350 Class (70miles, MSRP $58484) for $45,792.
    (P01 Package, Panorama Sunroof, Heated Front Seats, Rear Seat Entertainment..)

Is this good deals or I'd better wait for new 2010 MB promotion?
  • crossoverladycrossoverlady Member Posts: 1
    thats not a bad deal, but I just lease a 2010 R350 with P1 package...salesman said it was $56,000 msrp..he was giving it to me for $49,000...12,000 miles/year, 39 months,$2100 due at signing and payments are $749..i thought that was a pretty good deal
  • dragongzdragongz Member Posts: 19
    Want to build one. Does any one share some experience? Saw someone got 15% off on 2009(new) in this forum. I did not know if I should wait.

Thank you!!!
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    No need to wait. You probably can find dealer offer 13-15% off on MY2010 now which I just did.
    My purchase experiance with this car is roller coster. We want the White on Black with P1, Parktronic and Front heated seat. Most dealers in LA don't have exact match and some even said it not possible to find one since most white come with cream interior.... One dealer has Silver/Black with P1 and front heated seat and offer me 13% off MSRP but they have to get it from other dealer (after we did all the finance work and lease return paper work, they told me the car is sold that night and next day it shows up again?!) so need to wait one more day. When I got home, I come to edmunds and checked all dealer inventories and looked for dealer that has most inventories on R-class with sticker >$55k and emailed them for the color & options and also the price I'm welling to pay.
    Just 10 mins before my dealer going to bring the Silver/Black car in to dealer lot and before I left my house, I got a call from one of the dealer and they have the color, options and some special options that was truely special ordered and welling to do the same % discount (actually a little more...like 14.5% at the end)!! So I went ahead in got exact car we like...$59K MSRP in White with Black. Options: P1, Front heated seat, Pana-roof, 7-seat, pre-wire ent., PLUS speical options: Rear heated seat, passanger side memory seat and rear sun-shade!! I got luck out since this car is speical ordered by dealer.
    We lease the car since the money factor is too good to pass by @0.00134 now.
  • dragongzdragongz Member Posts: 19
    Congratulation!!!

Thank you so much for your great information!!!!

Can you give me an email for the dealer/salesmen name and you first name? So I can try to get the same deal from them.

Kanley1@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for share.

P.S. Just got Toyota prius II in $20995+fee(best deal we knew so far here) on Jan 16. I did share all information to others here for their purchase. The dealer always asks where my information from (name). after they confirm it, dealer will follow the same price again.
  • nominivan4menominivan4me Member Posts: 7
    Congrats on your great deal!! I'm also in the market to buy a R350. Can you also share the dealer info with me?! I'm looking for one with P02, 7 seater, mbrace, climate control, and trailer hitch. Thank you.
  • jabezmbjabezmb Member Posts: 1
    I am really impressed at the great deals people have found on this board!

How did you go about finding your RCLASS? Did you do an internet search, go to your local dealer, ect?

We have been looking into purchasing a RCLASS for about a month now. We have been able to test drive a 2009 P1. It is black exterior and interior. The dark interior is lovely but seems to show dirt. With children it may be more practical to have the light interior.

Ideally, we would want a P2 package and rear entertainment. We would want a single sunroof. The panoramic sunroof is great, however, the single sunroof works better for us.

We have started our internet searches. Any advice on how you found your great and impressive deals would be great!

Thanks for the help!
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    Not sure where u located. I got my R350 at MB of Encino (ask for David M. and tell him the guy bought the car from him at last min. on raining sunday refer u). Rclass production is pretty limited lately so not sure you can find that many P2 pkg around. Usually best deal is they have the car in stock.
    If dealer has the car you want, they will always able to deal range from 10-15%.
  • nominivan4menominivan4me Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. Will it be about the same for leasing as well?!
  • mchristimchristi Member Posts: 1
    We own a 2006 R350 w/42,000mi. Expect to keep until 75,000+. What's a good deal for an extended warranty? MBF has one offer for a comprehensive ext wrnty 36mnth/75,000 for $3,109. Are these negotiable? thanks MC
    edited February 2010
    We bought our car from the Pensacola MB dealership near the base; a 2008 R-Class CDI with 11,000 miles courtesy car never titled. We bought an extended warranty up to 100,000 for an additional five years. I wheeled and deal-ed a warranty down to $1,800. I've talked to other people that paid twice as much. I know our car is still under manufacturer warranty and at least the last year is definitely worth the money. I've had the car 20 months and have only put on 17,000 miles on the car. I would try to negotiate with a dealership if possible. Making some money is better than nothing. They may not make much on those warranties, until the work comes into the dealership; so approach your pitch from that angle when you try to get them to make you a deal. Best of blessings to you.
  • jab18jab18 Member Posts: 1
    Need some help? This is my 1st MB lease. a guy is wanting me to assume his lease on a 2008 R350 4matoc it has low miles less than 17,000 and is allowed 27,500. the lease ends in 1/11, the payment will be $415.00 mth and was asking for 2100 down but will take 1800. He is asking for that amount down because he said they put a lot down to get it at that note. the car is fully load with the P2 packet. my concern is the short time frame of the lease and me putting the money down, i wish i knew for certain i will be able to extend the lease. i called MB Financial they said if i want to extend the lease i have to wait 90days prior to the time it's due back and will have the option of 6 mths or 1yr is this a common practice and have anyone every did this :confuse: ? i only want to go through with the deal if i can extend it for another year, but they won't let me do it up front. The condition of the car is great, it was there extra car and they have no kids, it look brand new, Do you think this is a good deal? :confuse: :confuse:
  • zijiangyangzijiangyang Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday I just bought a used 2008 R350, with 11,899 miles, at $35,188 + TAX (8.25%) + TTL($85 USD), OTD=$38,180.99, at W.I. SIMONSON/MECEDNES at Santa Monica, CA.

The vehicle is in excellent condition, clean and very low miles.
    It has the following options:
    7 SEAT OPTION;
    GLASS SUNROOD(REPLACES PANORAMA SUNROOD);
    6-DISC CD CHANGER;
    PREMIUM 1 PACKAGE;

The vehicle was certified, and it will have warranty until Feb, 2013, or 100K miles.

I noticed that its retail price in 2008 is $47,625.00.

This is a good deal?

The sales manager is great, good guy, I don't have to haggle at all. He accepted my offer right way, total cost me 1 hour, I drove the vehicle back.

JAY YANG
    MAR 6,2010
    Jay, you'd have to research my posts to see exactly what I paid, but if I recall, I bought a 2008 320 CDI R-Class Courtesy car, never titled from a MB dealership with 11,000 miles and a 100,000 mile warranty for an additional five years '13, P2, Sunroof, no 7th seat, I pod, Car phone module, back cover screening of purchases, floor grid mat for back floor, Aftermarket matching Dual DVD Entertainment System with four head phones, swivel DVD's with matching headrests and remotes. AWESOME system approved by MB and made for R Class. This system looks like it was born in the R Class and can be moved to another car and the company will match the new system to your new car interior for free.... just pay for the install and removal. Maybe $200~250. Worth every penny. (Once you buy the system, it's yours and no drilling into the MB headrest like other systems do. It's BETTER than the MB system!) It's a slim line system. It will also receive TV, if you have TV reception, which I don't. OK.. enough about this...

OK... let's see... I paid out the door, tag, tax, & title I believe $42,500.00, in June of 2008. I've put almost 17,000 miles on my car now.

So, you have to decide whether or not you got a good deal or not yourself. I KNOW I got a good deal at the time. It's relative. I paid more for gas. I would have been happier paying less for gas earlier when I purchased, because right after I purchased, gas shot up to almost $5 a gallon for diesel. I get more miles per gallon than other people I know with the 320 CDI vs 350 R Class. Overall, I love the vehicle. Would I buy it again? ABSOLUTELY.
  • sdancejsdancej Member Posts: 3
    Me and my friend each bought a new R350 back in July 2008. It was a great time to get a SUV because of gas price.

Me:
    Got pretty much everything, P2, navigation, 7 seats, panorama roof...
    MSRP: $57k
    Paid: $44.7K+tax = $47k.

My Friend:
    Got P1, with regular sunroof,..
    MSRP: $52k
    Paid:Under $39k+tax = $40.5k

So whether you got a good deal or not.... I don't think so based on the year and prices of the R350 you are buying.. you are being ripped off. Plus, the MSRP of $47,625.00 in 2008 R350 is basically no optional equipments.

Again my friend bought a MSRP of $52k for $40.5k OTD in 2008, the one with MSRP$48k you just bought could have been sold as new in 2008 for under $37k OTD.

And now 2 years later, they are selling you a Used with Mileage for $38K OTD. You are ripped off. You should pay no more than $30k OTD for a 2008 R350 with no optional equipments.
    >>The sales manager is great, good guy, I don't have to haggle at all. He accepted my offer right way, total cost me 1 hour, I drove the vehicle back.

Just noticed your last note in the message, kinda funny..... Yes, the sales manager must be very very nice, in his mind, he must be thinking either this guy is out of his mind or what (sorry didn't mean to offend you, but this could really be true what he was thinking), someone is offering $38k OTD, 2 years old with mileages R350 that was sold for under $37K OTD as new in 2008. Yes, he must be very excited in his mind. Once he knew you were offering this outrageous price, he might had bought this car for $27k through employee price then sold you for $38K to net $10k in his pocket, what a nice guy.
    Just remember, the dealer will never never stand on your side, they are there for making money. It's your work to do some research how much people are paying.. not to wait until you have bought the over priced used car.

Imaging you could buy a new, no mileage 2010 R350 with MSRP of $52k for under $40K OTD. Why would you buy a used 2008 MSRP of $48k for $38k OTD.
    Again, no offensive, this is a very foolish decision. See if you can go back to the dealership and ask for the original sales price of this car, and see if you can appeal it according to your state law if they sell you more than the market price and return it.
    I will be glad to sell you my 2008 R350 with P2, navigation, 7 seats, ipod....and only 11k miles for $38k (MSRP $57k). Still shines like new, my wife has been driving this car for picking up kids.
    I forgot to mention that I got 1.99% loan for 36 months from dealership.
    It may make the deal looks a little better.

JAY YANG
  • sdancej1sdancej1 Member Posts: 2
    1.99% is available for ALL CPO (certified pre-owned) vehicle in ALL MB dealership. You are still not convinced you were being ripped off, are you? Just google this forum for the very recent new 2010 R350 and see how much people are paying. I have seen several posting about MSRP$59k sold for $45k. That's a $14k difference. How much do you think your 2008 MSRP $48K R350 would have been sold for? $45k.... no way... my guess is around $36k~$37k. The fair market for this 2 year old would be around $29k.

You should really do some research first, internet is out there.
    To: sdancej1
    Thank you for your comments.
    I want to tell you something for your information:

One week before I bought my R350, in th week of Feb 26, 2010, I went to MB in Valencia, CA, I wanted to buy its 2008 R350, with 30K miles,(20K miles more than mine) but better options (Naviation, DVD Entertainment..), the vehicle not certified yet. after few time back and forth, I told the manager: "my final offer was 38500.00 USD OTD,(sale price at 35000.00), you certified the vehicle. Please anser me: YES or NOT?" .You guess what? the manager rejected my offer. He insisted on 37000.00 USD sale price, and he did not call me back.Between my offer and his, there is only 2000 USD gap.
    That vehicle has very close KBB value as mine

And at Febuary, 2010, R350 was not applicable for 1.99% loan from MB.
    Even the dealership in Valencia accepted my offer at 35000 sales price, I have to pay for a high interest rate loan.

If you are right, the market value for such vehicles is 29K, why the dealer in Valecia rejected my offer of 35K USD?

I feel the current market of vehicle was differenct from 2008.

Did anybody in the forum bought a used R350 recently (not in 2008), please posted your purchase experience.

Jay Yang
  • sdancej1sdancej1 Member Posts: 2
    Well, it's your money. If you want to pay more, go for it.

I don't really know what's your thinking logic in your mind. The user buying experience posted here already told you:
    - a NEW 2010, MSRP$59k is selling for $45K,
    - I bought a NEW 2008 (in July 2008), MSRP $57k for $45k.
    - my friend bought a NEW 2008 (in July 2008), MSRP $52k for $39k

Based on those historical data, the used one 2008 you bought with MSRP $48K could have been sold for less than $37k.
    If somehow you find out the original owner's purchased price for your R350 is $36k, would you pay for $38K for a 2 years old with MILEAGES car?
    Do you know math?
    Spend a bit time on this forums and see how much people are paying. People are sharing their buying experience to help others for better deal.
    I have to say you are get a bullish and foolish deal I have ever seen, sorry didn't mean to offend you.
    It's not how your offer was accepted or not, the dealer is playing the game. The realistic data won't lie. If someone else in the USA can buy a new 2010 R350 for $37k, why can't you? It's still bothering my head what's in your mind why you would pay $38k for a 2 years old car when you can pay less for the complete new one with new warranty package?
    I didn't know there was a $6000 manufacturer discount the time I bought. I got this information from this forum. I might been silly to pay close to MSRP of $57k if I didn't know other's buying experience.

I am trying to give you the buying experience and not to attack or against you in anyway. The dealers you were dealing with has no fault, they are doing business to make money, they set whatever price they want to sell but you as buyer (don't forget in this economy, it's still the buyer's market....buyers drive the deal not dealer) pay you think what's the true reasonable price. No need to came back to me with more reason to support your foolish deal, you are ripped off, that's it, please admit it.
    They might have 30 exchange warranty, you might be able to get a new one for less you paid.
    hi there - I am in the market to purchase the R350 and would be very grateful if someone can tell us what kind of deals I can expect on R350 with P1 and panoramic roof package.
    This is our first luxury car and we would be very grateful for your help.

The edmunds shows the MSRP is 57K and people are paying 54K in Woodbridge area.
    Is this what I can expect?
  • lyuanrichlyuanrich Member Posts: 2
    I found a 2008 MB R350 4-matic with 7 Passenger, Stability Control, AM/FM Stereo, Tilt Wheel, Premium Pkg, Xenon Headlights, MP3 (Multi CD), ABS (4-Wheel), Third Row Seating, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Steering Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Backup Camera, AWD, Dual Front Air Bags, Leather, Bi-Xenon Headlights, Moon Roof, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Power Door Locks, Fog Lights, Hill Start Assist, F&R Side Air Bags, Navigation System, Power Steering, Integrated Phone, Heated Seats, Traction Control, Parking Sensors, Dual Power Seats, Harman Kardon Sound, Alloy Wheels, Power Tailgate, Panorama Roof. The MSRP for 2010 model is about $60k. Mileage is 28500. I was going to pay $33,950 for it plus tax and license fee. Is it a good deal? I am in California. It's a one owner car purchased in May 2008. Thanks guys.
  • lyuanrichlyuanrich Member Posts: 2
    2010 $59k are selling for $45k? that's 25% off MSRP. May I ask where you are? I don't think I can get that much off in silicon valley, California... Thanks.
  • shrewdconsumershrewdconsumer Member Posts: 1
    sdancej1 - While I have no opinion on the "value" of zijiangyang's deal, I don't think your argument that zijiangyang got ripped off necessarily holds up based on your own data.
    New 2010 R Class prices paid- a fine reference point but not overly relevant. These large discounts were funded by MBUSA and are not currently available. Even if they were the outlay is still $7k more than zijiangyang; not including additional sales tax, excise tax etc. $7k is pretty good-sized nut.
    New Prices paid in 2008 for a 2008. Again, you and your friend got a great deal due to an MBUSA incentive, but the cost of the car to the dealer selling to zijiangyang is what they paid MBUSA Financial or at auction. cars.com lists 60 certified 2008 R's in the entire US, ranging in price from 33,900 to 44,000. THe limited availability of pre-owned certified R Class' lead me to believe that their best-case margin is $3-4k otherwise prices would be lower due to dealerships trying to make a quick $500. I don't think a lot of dealerships are going to lay out $30k+ for a $500 profit (or maybe they would - I admittedly do not know the inner workings of the business).
    Keep in mind CPO's cost the dealership money, insurance and required maintenance (which is unlikley less than $500 and could easily be $1500-1800), not to mention the additional year of coverage (brakes and tires are less that 60% wear or new).
    I myself am interested in a R CPO but have not seen enough CPO prices paid on this forum to know what a good deal is (or what dealers are paying for these cars ). All I see is a limited amount of inventory.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    edited April 2010
    A reporter is looking to speak to recent luxury car buyers/owners who considered a Lincoln but then decided against it. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2010
    In about 3 months, new and redesigned 2011 R-Class is coming out. It's not going to change a lot, but it will look much better. You can see what will change here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Changes. Also, if you click on the picture, it will take you to 2011 R-Class cool photo gallery.
    So if you still want to buy 2010 model - dealer must give you a reason: HUGE DISCOUNT. Use this info while negotiating with dealers.

Hope it helps.
  • fusillifusilli Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2010
    Well, before ANYONE buys a Mercedes, let me tell you about my recent experience with a warranty issue I had with my 2006 Mercedes R350. I needed a replacement control module which was caused by a blocked a/c tube that subsequently leaked on it, causing it to short. There was a service bulletin on this very problem issued to all MB dealerships. This absolutely should have been covered under warranty but they fought me tooth and nail on it ($875). I finally called corporate and complained. I told them I would like to see where in the warranty this would NOT be covered. Instead of going through that harang, they just covered the warranty. Happy day, right? (of course, why would I have had to fight that hard for a warranty item anyway?) So, when I went to pick up my car, the dealership presented me with a waiver they wanted me to sign basically holding MB and the dealership harmless for any and all injuries from any accidents that occur in my R350. OMFG! (remember Toyota?) I laughed and asked if they were serious. I had a conference call with corporate up in Jersey, and I said let me forward to my attorney. Of course, my attorney said over her dead body would she have a client sign this paper. I am so disgusted that, after 6 Mercedes (S-Class, E-Class, 2 ML-Class, SL500 and now my R350), this WILL BE MY LAST BENZ EVER. I am so totally let down by this company. I love my car, but I certainly don't feel like I have a company that backs it.
  • saytokensaytoken Member Posts: 5
    What's a good offer price for this deal:

2010 R350 P1 with PARKTRONIC and PANORAMA sunroof. Asking for $49K, and it has 2K on it.

Some people on this forum has got a brand new at $45K, considering my has 2K mileage on it, I think a $42K would be a fair value. Thank you !

The car is listed at:

http://www.philsmart.com/inventorydisplay.aspx?brw=used&s=used#s=fp&eln=Model&el- v=R-Class&sb=&rs=0&pc=7&pcurr=1&ps=10&els=VehicleType%3A~Price%3A~Make%3A~Model%- 3A
  • yetialanyetialan Member Posts: 13
    Make sure you check the money that the dealer is getting back from MBUSA I got an 08 new with sticket at 52 for 39

4k off MSRP and MBUSA was giving the dealer 9K back

Edmunds shows incentives
    This car is loaded! It also has Navi and tons of features. I'm sure that there is a plenty of room for negotiating...
    Although I'm always cautious of any car with such low miles. What was the reason, the previous owner got rid of it so fast? Ask for CARFAX history. Were there any accidents or paint work? The warranty starts on the date of first sale. You need to find out the date. Maybe this car is more than a year old, even though it has low mileage. Is this car MB Certified? If yes, than you get automatic warranty extension and history is clear. If not - why?
    Ask all these questions directly from Dealer. This will also help to drive selling price down...
    What a good deal you got! I checked the incentives infor on Edmunds, unfortunately there is none in my area (Seattle). I am hoping to offer at $43 K.
    The best way to get low price is to shop around. This way you make MB Dealers compete to earn your business. You can request quotes from any local MB dealership here: Request Mercedes-Benz Price Quotes from any MB Dealership anywhere in USA.

Of course, request from more than 1 Dealership and remind them that the deal must be good enough not to wait for 2011 redesigned model.
    Thanks for the Info Storm10. I checked the carfax history, it looks odd. The owner brought in Oct 2009, and kept it for only 2 weeks, brought the car to service in early November and put the car for sale the next day. And the car has been on sale since. Also the car was brought in Florida, but now on sale by a Seattle dealer.

It's very odd looking to me a) kept only for 2 weeks, b) in a different states....

There is no accident on the car..... This is the link to the car fax history:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DVW_1&vin=4JGCB6FB9AA1- 02763