Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Duramax Diesel Questions

1234568»

Comments

• drjones1235drjones1235 Member Posts: 1
    i am currently going through same problam changed steering columb truck started ran fine put my steering wheel with computer buttons on steering wheel will not start again bin two months no truck if you solve this problem could you please let me know ill do the same thanks
  • weepheeweephee Member Posts: 6
    Hi drjones1235. The only thing that we might have in common on these trucks is that my clockspring is broken so I get an airbag trouble code and the steering wheel buttons do not work. Are you getting any trouble codes. Is your truck at a gm dealer I will change the clock spring this weekend and see if that makes a difference although I can't see why. Let me know if you make any progress.
  • mrsoupdadmrsoupdad Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    My 2003 Chevrolet Duramax shows low oil pressure on the gauge after it warms up. I have no power loss, it doesn't ping or knock, no smoke at all. Everything seems fine, but this oil pressure issue freaks me out. How/ where do I check it with a gauge?
  • skimama1skimama1 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2005 Seneca motorhome with Duramax that we bought from a Chevy dealership in May 2013. It only had 8000 miles on it, which is not unusual for a motorhome because it is not a daily driver. However, there was not warranty becuase it is 8 years old. We have put just over 600 miles on it and the last trip out the crankshaft broke in half. It had to be towed and needs a new engine to the tune of $13K! GM is claiming no responsibility. Has anyone ever experienced this kind of breakdown on a Duramax especially with so few miles on it? We truly thought this motor would last "forever".
  • barrailbarrail Member Posts: 27
    I have never heard of this problem, yet it concerns me, I know of several D-max's that have well over 150 K and still run very strong. I would be checking vin #s to make sure every thing matches and that was the original motor for that vehicle. Something doesn't sound right. I wish I had a better response for you, but I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know, (the readers) how you make out,
  • folbfolb Member Posts: 54
    05 Duramax still running strong at 195,xxx. Had a Ford Diesel for a year. Piece of xxit. Got rid of it.
  • djstanleydjstanley Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Chevy silverado 2500hd durmax.. I ran out if gas and now it will not start .. I primed it I even tried the wd40 and and fuel in filter.. Will not start.. Someone said could be fuel injector or fuel pump.. Anyone know where to start and how do I no which one it is??? I have primed so mc it killed my battery! Help
  • jhartlingjhartling Member Posts: 1
    2005 GMC Sierra HD2500 - the heater motor only works on high speed, when it's on lower speeds the abs and brake light come on in the dash and service brake system warning scrolls across dash. And the same lights and warning come on when 4 wheel drive is activated. Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?
  • folbfolb Member Posts: 54
    If it's the ac/heater fan motor, there is a recall on the wiring harness. I also have an 05. Could catch on fire.
  • leeson1leeson1 Member Posts: 1

Wow 18 pages of bad stories. Don't think I'll be getting a diesel. I have an 06' gas 4.8l vortec with 200k and never ONCE had an issue with the motor or transmission. I just change the fluids and put gas in, no problems. The only things replaced under the hood are the belts, spark plugs and battery (once each).