Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Changes You'd Like To See in the Scion xB

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2014 in Scion
Let's hear your wish list items for features you would add or design changes you would like to see for the Scion xB!

Comments

• Options
    allcarsrcoolallcarsrcool Member Posts: 113
    How cool would it be to have a 2-door XB... I guess it would compete with the mini cooper... what are your thoughts?
  • Options
    snailspacersnailspacer Member Posts: 4
    1. Compass & outdoor temperature mounted in rearview mirror
    2. Variable speed intermittent wipes (not the one speed we got now)
    3. Lower ratio differential - no reason this thing turns 3500 rpms at 70. Should be less than 3000 and result in better mileage.
  • Options
    aathertonaatherton Member Posts: 617
    I prefer the present manual ratio. I got 42 mpg with it on two tanks, and it's easy to get 37 mpg in rural driving. I value the responsiveness and acceleration in gears around town and on 2-lane mountain roads. The car would be very sluggish with a higher ratio like the automatic, and would not have the OD button for the constant downshifts that would be necessary.
  • Options
    so how about a two door version? it would b slightly smaller, yet still retain the practicality
  • Options
    rubleruble Member Posts: 2
    1.Cruise Control 2.Side impact Airbags 3.Move the overdrive lockout button to the passenger side of the automatic shifter.
  • Options
    thetruth4130thetruth4130 Member Posts: 16
    if a 6 speed manual like the versa was added, you could keep the axle ratio the same and get good acceleration and better mileage in the top gear and of course, cruise control
  • Options
    somone please respond to the idea of a two door model!
  • Options
    joesbarjoesbar Member Posts: 20
    Some kind of LIGHT in the front area of the vehicle that can be accessed without having stretched arms. A PAUSE button for the cd player. Is it just me or does this Pioneer not have a PAUSE button? Standard 1.7 engine. I'm getting roughly the same MPG as I did with my 03 Civic (so far) while sacrificing the power I had.
  • Options
    joesbarjoesbar Member Posts: 20
    Larger cup holder also. How am I supposed to get a 44oz beverage in these skimply things? Even my 03 Civic could fit a 44 oz. No excuse for this.
  • Options
    killerpiecekillerpiece Member Posts: 56

Yes I wish they were color, but at least they're something!

Killerpiece :shades:
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Cruise control and taller gearing.
  • Options
    rovertonroverton Member Posts: 20
    2008-White
    Just picked it on on Friday and too a 324 mile trip for a mpg of 30.1.
    This baby rides smooooth and without wind noise. Another reason for liking this is when hitting bumps on the road it is smooth compared to other vechiles driven.
    The only complaints are:
    - No arm rest for the passenger
    - For the driver, the left arm has no where to rest logically as the bottom of the window is to high and the area where the button are is too low. Otherwise this is a great buy.
    -The backseat room is great.
    ? rhovertonyahoo.com
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to get consumer feedback on the redesigned Scion xB. You do not have to be an owner to respond. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 1, 2007 with your daytime contact information
  • Options
    wapswaps Member Posts: 19
    If Art Carr from Hunrington Beach California can produce an add on overdrive unit for Ford/Gm/Chrysler V-8's with Auto trans and there is a overdrive unit for the Ford Model A/B etc. added milage, 65+ mph freeway speed not uncomon. Why can't someone make one for a Scion XB with auto trans. From 29 to 40+ mpg would be normal. Bet they would sell like hot cakes. Toyota can produce these units so why buy aftermarket.
  • Options
    wapswaps Member Posts: 19
    Have a great body man :) weld the back doors shut, d/a and finish them out with plastic filler, prime, base and clear coat, sand and polish. Would look darn good ...
    Scion will have one before long I betcha. ;)
This discussion has been closed.