Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Problems 2007+

Comments

• allan2157allan2157 Member Posts: 1
    Okay, here's the situation, As we drove to the store and found parking, I wne to shift the car from Drive to Park, and found that the shift control would not go to Park. I steped on the brake as I always do, and it still would go to Park, It took A lot of force to force the car into park. Finally parked and car off, I restarted the car and tried to reverse, So as I always, turn the car on with foot onthe brake and proceeded to move the shift from Park to Reverse, it was locked up, the shift lever would not go to Reverse. It tool both hands to move the lever to reverse and then to drive. Car runs fine, brakes work, but this evening, when I step on the brakes, the brakes lights in the back do not come on. There is brake fluid inthe car, and it was just in for its 18,000 mile service a month ago. Just hit 19,000, any suggestion would be helpful. I will take to dealership Monday morning. This should all be under the 100,000 miles coverage right?
  • gomst1gomst1 Member Posts: 58
    I am guessing you may have three problems now from originally two problems. 1st problem could be a leaking brake master cylinder. Dangerous if you loose all the brake fluid in the car. Check the brake fluid reservoir. Add brake fluid if it is low.
    2nd problem could be the brake light switch. The brake switch also locks/unlocks the shifter lever solenoid. You will not be able to move the shifter out of park if the switch is bad. It's just like not stepping on the brake pedals. 3rd problem could be damaged shift lock mechanism. Forcing the shifter when it is locked will break things in the shifter mechanism. There is an emergency release just in front of the shifter lever. Pop the cover with a small screw driver. Inside the hole, push the lever with the screw driver. While pushing on the lever, move the shifter out of park. Good luck.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    All of these problems should be covered under the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. Fortunately, you recently took the car in for service so there should be no question about service history.
  • cindbwcindbw Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else had any problem with the check engine light on a 2007 Elantra? I bought mine in June 2007. In late September or early October 2007 the check engine light came on for no apparent reason. The car was running and driving fine. I called the dealer and of course they told me to make sure the gas cap was tight. I hadn't filled up for about 3 days and I always turn it until it clicks several times, but I did check it anyway and of course it was not loose. I took the car in and they said they found nothing wrong, but the code relates to a loose gas cap about 90% of the time, so my gas cap "must have been loose at some point" even though it wasn't when the car came in. I told them I didn't believe them and I would not be happy if I had to come back. Sure enough, two days later the light came on again and I had not touched the gas cap. I called the dealer and told them and of course I had to bring it in again. I was not able to take time off from work for a few weeks, so it was November before I took it in again. When I picked it up, they gave me the same story about the gas cap. When I said the last person to touch the gas cap before the light had come on was whoever worked on it the first time in their shop, the guy at the counter shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know what to tell you, but the code indicates a loose gas cap." GRRR! I contacted Hyundai and a few days later I got a call from the dealer's service manager, who told me to call him if the light came on again and he had a list of things that Hyundai had told him to check. Of course it did come on again but it was a few weeks before I could take another day off to get it to the dealer. That time they kept it all week and provided me with a rental car. When they called me to come get it, they said they were still unable to find a problem even though the mechanic had been driving it to and from work and had put 100 miles on it (1 1/2 days of driving to work and back for me). I picked the car up in early February (they even tried to charge me for the gas the mechanic used, but I refused to pay it, especially since I had already lost three days from work) and was able to drive it until September with no problems. I thought they had fixed a problem but weren't willing to admit it or else had inadvertently fixed something. In September the light came on again and I took the car back to the dealer. This time they said they got two codes and they needed to order a canister close valve for it. That was put in on October 13th. On October 25th, the check engine light came on again. I am so mad I have not even called the dealer yet. I did call Hyundai, but I felt they weren't too concerned. They simply told me to take it to the dealer again and if they didn't fix it to call them back.
    IMHO, I would ask for a replacement vehicle if they could not fix the problem. I am no lawyer but this is clearly a lemon car since problems started only 4 months after you purchase the vehicle and until now this problem is not fixed. You must contact Hyundai customer service directly not the dealer. Ask Hyundai to keep the car until it is fixed and give you a free loaner car. Vehicle companies start moving really fast when you invoke the lemon law. Good luck.
  • mariogpmariogp Member Posts: 20
    I have the same issue.. Noticed this since day 1. Car pulls to the left... the outer side of both front tires wear out really fast..
    Dealer kept telling me that everything was withing specifications... after 10k miles they told me that it was because I did not rotate the tires at 6k miles (BS).
    then they told me that i neeeded an aligment.
    well I went and got an aligment .. paid for out of pocket.. it did help.. with the wearing out... it's been about 12k miles since aligment.. tires are not wearing out as much..... BUT THE CAR STILL PULLS TO THE LEFT. MAYBE IF I GET NEW TIRES AND RE-ALIGN...SHOULD SOLVE PROBLEM.

TRADE IN THE CAR AND IT EILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM AS WELL. :lemon:
  • cindbwcindbw Member Posts: 2
    I have contacted Hyundai customer service directly-twice. The first time I felt they were somewhat helpful since the dealer actually did keep the car for several days and when I got it back I was able to drive it for 7 months with no problems. When I called them the last time the light came on, I did not feel they were helpful at all. They simply told me to take it back to the dealer again and if they weren't able to fix it to call back. Well, after 4 tries already I think they have proven they can't fix it. I did tell the Hyundai customer service guy that I would have to look into our state's lemon laws. He didn't seem to care. Unfortunately I don't think this falls under the lemon law where I live because I can still drive the car the way it is. I have not talked to a lawyer, but that is the way I understood it when I researched the lemon law a little online.
    I work for a Japanese car dealership here in California as an Auto Tech. When a vehicle is not fixed for the 3rd time, the Service Manager gets involved and the car manufacturer techline/hotline gets involved because of the lemon law. The service manager, reminds the tech about the lemon law then the work order is marked with a note to see him and discuss with him how the problem was fixed. The vehicle is then extensively road tested and checked to see if the vehicle was effectively fixed. I other words, the vehicle is made sure that the problem gets fixed the 4th time. You might need to check your states lemon law. Usually the customer or your lawyer will need to write a letter to the dealership putting them on notice about the lemon law in your state.
  • kristenwkristenw Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else experienced a problem with the faceplate of the dashboard stereo peeling? It happened once already and I had it replaced and now it is peeling again. I was just wondering if this is only happening to me because the service manager told me I was the only one around by me. Thanks :(
  • nodulenodule Member Posts: 118
    Kristenw,
    Yes, my stereo faceplate is peeling by the volume knob on my 2007 Elantra SE!
    Im planning on seeing the dealer soon. I only have 20,000 miles. Did you dealer
    replace it under warranty??

Thanks
  • kristenwkristenw Member Posts: 2
    I have about 28,000 miles on my car and this has happened 2x already. It was replaced and covered under warranty both times. Best of luck!
  • mariogpmariogp Member Posts: 20
    same isse.. faceplate is peeling by the volume control.. I still have to take it to the dealer..
  • Tande54Tande54 Member Posts: 13
    I own a 2007 Elantra with 20k miles. I was recently driving down a highway when the car just died mid drive. I was able to come to a stop and restart the car. Since that happened, my break lights don't work. I brought it in to the dealership today and they said the fuel pump needed to be replaced because of a "short somewhere". Has anyone experienced any of these problems?
    There is a recall action on the fuel pump, although I thought it was just for some 2008 Elantras. Or it could be a different problem that happened to involve the fuel pump. The fact the brake lights went out means it could have been a more general electrical problem that also affected the fuel pump.
  • aa3815aa3815 Member Posts: 1
    Same problem.. I was told that some filling stations have change nozzles and is causing this!!! I always go to one filling station on the way home and didn't think about trying other stations. Since I heard this as of 5/25/2009 I tried three other stations this same day and the third station seemed it was working but then the gas tank was almost full and stopped.

I also have read that it could be the charcoal canister, vent line. I had taken mine off to check it when I learned about the nozzles and decide not to spend the 200 plus dollars replacing the EVAP canister, air filter for the canister and the 2 way valve.

I have worked the nozzle in all the way, held it partially out, turn it sideways and upside down without any difference
    Lets see what develops? Check the venting?
  • lrshilatzlrshilatz Member Posts: 1
    my 5speed has been giving me a hard time when shifting into 3rd... well it doesn't do it as oftenas it used to but today it almost got me into an accident.... and last time i told the dealership they said "it was the driver, not the car"... idk what to do.... they test drove it but it didnt do it and one of these days it's going to get me into an accident...... 1st and 5th are fine but when i go to shift it into 3rd it feels like it doesn't want to go and i have to jam it in there.... :sick: :cry:
  • axpaxp Member Posts: 2
    We are experiencing a problem with the car starting. It is not electrical. It seems to happen mostly when the feul is low. Car also heistates when you punch the gas on the highway. We have brought it to our local Hyundai dealer and they can not test it because there is a special adapter that needs to be attached to the feul pressure test kit made especially for this car. The dealer has been trying for almost a month now to get this adapter and is having lots of problems getting it. Does anyone know about this adapter and where to get it?
    Has the car had the fuel pump recall performed?
  • axpaxp Member Posts: 2
    No, the service manager never mentioned anything about that. I assume there is an official recall for it?
    My mistake, the recall action was for the 2008 Elantra:

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/recalltsb.html?styleId=100913165&engCode=4INA- G2.0&transCode=AUTOMATIC&mileage=34%2C000&zip=55420&type=recall&serviceType=#2

Still, would be good to have the dealer check it out. Could be the fuel pump or something else. Any other dealers in your area that might have this special tool?
  • janpandjanpand Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new '09 Elantra SE. Within a week or so I have started noticing popping sounds from the rear when I make turns over bumps / ramps.
    I took it to the dealer, and they heard the same noise during the test drive and said it is from the rear window. The service center guy explained that the when going over bumps the car twists, and the window makes these kind of noises. He said the problem is normal and that it occurs even in some Toyota cars...
    He basically put some lubricant around the rear window seal, and said that it should gradually go away...

It has been a couple of days since he put that lubricant, and I still hear the cracking sounds from the rear...

Has anyone else come across this kind of noise/sound?
    I have driven several Elantras of the current generation, some on long trips, and none have made that kind of sound. I think your dealer is being evasive. It could be that the rear window is not seated properly. That is fixable, but would not be real easy--maybe that's why they don't want to do it. If you have another dealer or more in your area, you might want to take it to them to see what they say. Or call Hyundai Customer Service about it.

Also, have you returned your survey yet? The dealers treat those very seriously. If you haven't filled it out yet, you might call the sales manager and explain you'd like to give them top marks on the survey, but you can't while this issue is unresolved.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    I rented one last fall and heard a similar noise--but from the sunroof, rather than the rear window area. Could this be the problem?
  • michael4182michael4182 Member Posts: 3
    Love my '08 Elantra. BUT, for the last 8 weeks have had a loud "clunking/thunking/banging noise" from the rear undercarriage when going over bumps, turning, accelerating from stop. Noise is not consistant and may be related to the gas tank. Local dealership has been very attentive, but cannot find the source. Just got an answer on another forum that this could be the separator flap in the gas tank that has broken loose from its weld. Makes a lot of sense..., and as I post this the dealership service people are now following that lead. Anyone else had that problem and found a fix? Thanks
  • bill253bill253 Member Posts: 1
    2004 Elantra with auto trans will not start once or twice in a 2 week period or sometimes longer. I eventually get it started after trying to start it 3-6 times. I have not checked for spark but I do hear the fuel pump.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    There's a lockout switch inside the A/T shifter. The next time it won't start, try wiggling the shifter and see if you get results. If so, the problem is the neutral safety switch.
  • antwerxantwerx Member Posts: 2
    I have an '09 Elantra SLE that has started the same popping noise from the rear window.

My issue seems to be worse when it is cool outside. I live on hill so I hear the loud rear window popping every time I go up my driveway.

Did yours ever get fixed?
  • brenderz05brenderz05 Member Posts: 1
    I also have had this happening in my 09 elantra. We took it to the dealer and they said they have had alot of people calling in about this problem. As soon as I told them the problem they knew exactly what it was. They said they actually have to take the back window out and put some kind of spacers in between the window and where it sits to make it stop doing that. They have the auto glass co. coming tomorrow to do a few of them so, I'm actually taking it tomorrow to have them do mine. We'll see if that solves the problem!
  • antwerxantwerx Member Posts: 2
    Thank you brenderz05. Let me know how it works out for you. I took my 09 Elantra into the dealer today about the window popping. I was explaining the issue to the service manager when one of the mechanics stepped up and said he owns an 09 Elantra with the same problem. He said it was driving him crazy.

If you don't mind. Do you know if the spacer solution was a "Hyundai solution" or a clever fix by a mechanic and/or the auto glass co.?

Thanks!
  • thadsonthadson Member Posts: 9
    Hi everyone.

We have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra.

Today while driving at 60Mph with cruise control, stepped on the break to slow down and instead the engine revved up, the car jumped and started speeding up to 65-70Mph. It was a considerable effort to get the car stopped as the breaks did not seem to work. It also resulted in getting chased by a cop...

After finally stopping, the shift was locked, would go only into neutral, but not into reverse or park.

The car got towed to the dealer, and they replaced the "break switch" saying that was the reason for all the problems...

So, can a "break switch" speed the car up, not let the car break, and lock up the shift?

Or should we be afraid of hitting someone, next time this happens? :(

Thanks.

Thadson
  • schukanuosladyschukanuoslady Member Posts: 118
    This is exactly what has been happening to me and even at a red light my car will lurch and rev up and I have had it to the dealer 2 times and each time they tell me there is nothing wrong. I have an appt. on Monday as there has been a grinding noise for over 6 months when I turn my wheel to the right and when I put the car in park on a slight incline from day 1 of owning the car I have had it 4 times to the dealer for it making a chugging noise and the brake not catching. I am glad I am not nuts like the dealer is trying to make me feel. I think I should change to a differnet dealer and change my appt. now after reading your letter as I was told already if it is my brakes or bushings or anything it is under warranty. And at my dealer they keep telling me nothing is wrong. I have even thought my foot caught the gas pedal the same time as the brake to rev it up to lurch forward. Thank you for posting this. I think a report needs to be filed with the Saftey Dept. like when the fuel pump was recalled.
    I just found this:

The brake switch operates a few things. It turns the brake lights on; it disengages the cruise control; it also controls the shift lock, traction control and ABS.

There is an open recall for the brake switch (see here and here) and that would cause your problem. If the dealer replaced the brake switch, your problem should be solved.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Hyundai have initiated recalls on 963,305 vehicles as part of four separate campaigns. The first recall, blanketing over one half million late-model vehicles, is nationwide. The other three recalls, all corrosion-related on older vehicles, are limited to the regions of the country where salt is used to de-ice roads in the winters.

The most widespread recall, affecting up to 531,894 2005-2008 Accent, Azera, Elantra, Entourage, Santa Fe, Sonata, Tucson, and Veracruz models, is NHTSA Campaign 09V122000. It is focused on a malfunctioning stop lamp switch that may prevent brake lights from illuminating when the pedal is depressed (the same switch may also cause them to stay lit after the brakes are released).

Manufacturer: HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY Mfr's Report Date: APR 14, 2009
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V122000
    PE09003

NHTSA Action Number: PE09003

Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:SWITCHES:BRAKE LIGHT
    Potential Number of Units Affected: 531894

Summary:
    HYUNDAI IS RECALLING 531,894 MY 2006-2007 ACCENT, ENTOURAGE, SONATA, MY 2007 AZERA, ELANTRA AND SANTA FE, MY 2005-2007 TUCSON AND MY 2007-2008 VERACRUZ VEHICLES. THE STOP LAMP SWITCH IN THE AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY MALFUNCTION. A MALFUNCTIONING STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO NOT ILLUMINATE WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED OR MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO REMAIN ILLUMINATED WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS RELEASED. A STOP LAMP SWITCH MALFUNCTION MAY AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE BRAKE-TRANSMISSION SHIFT INTERLOCK FEATURE SO THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTER WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SHIFTED OUT OF PARK POSITION. IT MAY ALSO CAUSE THE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL (ESC) MALFUNCTION LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE, AND IT MAY NOT DEACTIVATE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED.

Consequence:
    THESE MALFUNCTIONS MY LEAD TO A CRASH.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE STOP LAMP SWITCH FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HYUNDAI CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE CENTER AT 1-800-633-5151.

Notes:
    HYUNDAI RECALL NO. 092. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
  • schukanuosladyschukanuoslady Member Posts: 118
    Thank you. I am going to print out the recall and shove it in their face as they have known since 8/2008 how many trips I have made to them over my problem and they keep on telling me there is nothing wrong. I have an appt for Tuesday and this time they had better fix my problem.
  • mach69ltsmach69lts Member Posts: 2
    The manual transmission just went out on my son's 07'. This falls under factory warranty and Hyundai is going to fix. Problem is, this transmission is on "national backorder". On-line research finds problems with automatic transmissions, but not manual. Why such a backorder? Anybody else hearing or experiencing the same trans problems?
    Anybody have knowledge, that if we make a big enough stink we can get a loaner car? (son needs to return to college 1 week)
  • vonneavonnea Member Posts: 1
    I just experienced the same thing the other day.I was on a highway and it was real windy, and every few minutes i would hear this beep. I have no idea where it was coming from
    I can only guess the backorder is because there aren't many 2007 Elantras in the US with a stick shift, so supply of complete manual transmissions is low. Also, sticks are pretty reliable, so HMA probably doesn't keep many in stock.

If I were you, I would press (politely) for a loaner car while you are waiting for the transmission. Mention your hardship (son needs to return to college) that was caused by Hyundai's inability to fix the car promptly. If your dealer is at all interested in maintaining customer loyalty and satisfaction, they'll provide a loaner or pay for a rental.
  • mach69ltsmach69lts Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the suggestion. We have contacted the dealer, they refuse to provide a rental car. All good though, the replacement transmission is due early next week. Bad Hyundai Fresno California Do not buy your Hyundai from them!
  • darryl7darryl7 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Hyundai Elantra speedometer reads 10% higher than the actual speed. I have tested this using a stationary radar speed display and by using friends in other vehicles. Do you know the fix?
  • mcphunkmcphunk Member Posts: 1
    This happens to my 2009 Hyundai Elantra too.
    It's driving me nuts, how do I make it stop?
    Is there a recall or something?
    Everytime I go over a bump or turn into my driveway it pops from the rear window area.
  • yol101yol101 Member Posts: 1
    my 2007 elantra has strong vibration under the hood when I accelerate slowly to 35-40 miles/hour. I took it to the dealer 2 times and they say they can't find the problem.
    It only happens when I put the gear to "D", I tried to put the gear to "3" or other settings and no vibration at 35-40mph.
    Does any experience this vibration?
  • janpandjanpand Member Posts: 3
    I went to the dealer a few times on that; and they finally figured that it is coming from the rear window... They applied some kind of a lubricant between the window sealing. It still persisted after that.
    I took it back to them, and they convinced me that it would go away after sometime; and re-applied the lubricant.
    At that time they also said that if it still doesn't go away; the next time I come they would call the 'Glass repair' folks and have the rear window removed and resealed.

Anyways, long story short, the noise went away after a couple of days just with the lubricant...didn't have to go back for the glass work. It has been 4-5 months now, and I don't get that noise anymore.
    Unfortunately, changing the break switch didn't help. It fixed the immediate problem with the messed up transmission, after the cop chase, but after several months, we still experience random speed-ups when breaking. After not being able to stop for a few times, and coming away from the dealer ship with "no problems found" and after we couldn't stop at a red light last time for the same reason again, we initiated the lemon law proceedings... It is really scary to drive a car, that we don't know if it would stop or actually speed up when we push the break. We will see where that leads...
  • snyder94snyder94 Member Posts: 3
    We have had this same problem with our 09 Elantra. It was happening quite frequently when we first bought the car in July 09. As usual when we took it to the dealer it did not happen for them. However, it seemed to go away during the winter months but, has now returned since the weather has warmed up here in Ohio. Any additional help or thoughts on this topic. Seems like the same problem you were having. It seems to happen more frequently when are making sharp turns, turning to and when we start to go up a grade or as of now sometimes when we go over bumps.
  • satyamsatyam Member Posts: 4
    I have the same problem with my Limited Edition 08. I figured out that this noise is coming from trunk. I lubricate the hinges and the rubber buffer and seems like the noise is gone. Looks like over the time hinges got dry and star making cracking sound.
  • epd1979epd1979 Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Hyundai Elantra has lost power three times in the past 2 weeks as I have been breaking to come to a stop at a red light. Each time it has happened, the engine has been relatively cool. It has happened within a few blocks of work after the car has been parked all day. After it rolls to a stop, all the dashboard lights flash on and then off. I have been able to restart the car each time after turning off the ignition and have then been able to drive it home (about 10 miles) without any further issues.

I have taken it to two different Hyundai dealerships and neither service department has been able to replicate the problem or find any stored codes that would indicate what the issue is. I am still under warranty, but they tell me they can't do anything for me at this point. The first service rep simply told me to keep the Hyundai Roadside Assistance number handy. The second rep told me to try fueling it with a higher octane grade.

I am extremely frustrated and I am anxious about driving it. Does anyone have any suggestions???
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    1. Have your battery tested. Check the alternator output while you're at it. With the lights flickering I'd suspect the electrical system.
    2. Check/change any filters you can. Air filter, etc. If not electrical, then maybe it isn't getting the air or fuel it needs.
    3. Agree with burning a few tanks of premium. It's possible you got some bad gas.
    4. They shouldn't need changing but check/clean the spark plugs.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • epd1979epd1979 Member Posts: 2
    I truly thank you for your reply. I will work down your list.
    Hello Everyone,
    We are looking for people who have the same problem as we do with our 2008 Hyundai Elantra.
    We had several occasions since last summer (2009) where when stepping on the brake instead of slowing down the engine revved up and the car started speeding without touching the gas pedal. We have the cruse control on when driving, however it is not always set. …For instance we were getting chased by an officer as the car would not slow down when stepping on the brake in a limited speed zone…or lurching forward in a parking lot as we wanted to come to the final stop, causing the car running into the 4 lane traffic through the bushes and the side walk. The car has been back to the dealership 5 times and since they cannot duplicate the problem they say there is no problem existing. They are implying that we cannot drive, and that we are maybe lying about it to take advantage of the manufacturer.
    We had arbitration, and since at the time of the arbitration test drive the problem did not occur, they decided that the car is not dangerous to drive, and the problem does not exist. They implied their solution of trading in the car and get a new one. The car is a road hazard it can cause a deadly accident at any time, and since the problem occurs randomly it cannot be avoided really. How could we possibly trade it in and sleep well at night knowing that maybe someone else will be hurt just because we passed over our problem. Just because we would not own the car that does not mean that the problem is solved. We are in shock to see that certain individuals value money more then human life.
    We are going to go further with this issue to another arbitration and trying to find people who have the same problem.
    Online, we have found a lot of complaints about the same type/model of car and same issue; we will pursue to find those people as well. Your help would be greatly appreciated. We have to do something together for public safety before something tragic happens.....
    Thank you very much for your time...We are looking forward hearing from you.
  • theresa4165theresa4165 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know more information in regards to your post about the elantra
    On monday my car was totalled due the car not stopping when the brake was applied. It felt to that the car sped up when i applied my brake there was no stopping it. At the time i was pulling into a parking spot at the local cvs and hit a structure @ this point there is over $9000.00 in damanages and wait for insurance company to investigate.
    I would really appreciate any info you could forward me and i would gladly help you with any info i receive at this point its trying to prove the defect in the brakes

Thank you
    Therese
    Make sure you get your car checked by a respectable independent service and get everything documented. Hyundai will deny that anything was wrong with the car, and will blame the accident on you.

Or at least this is what my lawyer told me, for the next time when the car speeds up again while breaking...

We got denied on arbitration, and I was told that we will always be, as long as we take our car only to Hyundai's service because they get rid of anything proof even if they find something...

I'm not saying they would not try to fix the car, but they will do everything in their power to make sure nothing comes out... Imagine a Toyota type bad publicity for them... They don't want that, so they will deny and deny...