Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Elantra Owners - Give us your report!

2»

Comments

• sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Doesn't sound like an alignment problem if it does this. But your dealer will fix it regardless.
    Always best to drive a new car before buying. The mother-in-law did the same thing with us in the early '90's. Sent us to drive the car she wanted and bought it when we told her it drove straight & true. Two days later she says she can't drive it because something is rubbing against her foot. luckily the dealer let her swap into another vehicle which fit her perfectly. She just had to pay the difference and she learned her lesson about test driving the exact car that is to be bought.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

The Sandman :)
  • xo1riderxo1rider Member Posts: 5
    I started out convinced I was going to buy a new Honda Civic and was surprised to read some reviews of the Elantra, see the gas mileage and finally see the car. I need the extra interior space and the warranty sealed the deal.

Still under 100 miles on the car so I can't really review it yet but i will say I'm an XM radio fan already from my other car and the factory XM was a HUGE factor in my decision. The XM radio in this car has more features than the factory XM in my '06 Acura TL, I'm loving the fact that I can play MP3 discs and the AUX input for my iPod is a huge plus.

I got the leather and premium package and the features compare favorably to my TL which costs just about twice as much.
  • roxanne2roxanne2 Member Posts: 2
    I have somewhat solved my rear-view issues...I got a small chair pillow (like ones you will see on a kitchen chair). That's helped a little. I am starting to get used to it, though. Not that I wasn't cautious before, but now I am extra, extra cautious when backing up.
    I do like the '07 look much better than previous years, but the '06 is not bad. It's not as "sporty" looking, but then again, neither was my old Saturn! haha
  • ljhinlaljhinla Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 Elantra (my first new car) two weeks ago and so far I really love it.

I was looking for a really fuel efficient car but couldn't afford a hybrid -- I was leaning towards getting a Toyota Yaris but I test drove one and I wasn't impressed with the car at all, and I wasn't happy that side curtain airbags weren't standard. The car didn't have much power either. I also test drove a Scion XD (I really hated the interior -- seemed cheap to me) and a Dodge Caliber (no power, cheap-looking interior, felt claustrophobic).

Finally some friends convinced me to look at Hyundais and I did a little research and saw how well-reviewed the Elantra was.

I decided to go take one for a test drive and I fell in love with it right away. There was a rebate on the 2007 models and I ended up taking the car home (Purple Rain color) that day for thousands less than I would have spent on a comparable Yaris let alone a Civic, Corolla, etc.

I have a five speed manual and it's a zippy little car. The interior is modern, but not trendy (like the Honda Fit or the Scions) and is roomy enough to not feel at all cramped. I really love driving it and couldn't be happier.
This discussion has been closed.