Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Elantra: Reviews & News from the Pros (Edmunds, C/D, CR, MT etc.)

13»

Comments

• Options
    acura03gacura03g Member Posts: 76
    In its Jan 07 issue, Automobile has a half page review of Elantra. It's all positive.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    That's pretty significant. Automobile positions itself as a mag for enthusiasts and has a policy of "no boring cars."
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Elantra Review Day by Day Canadian Driver

Should be interesting to see how the Elantra fares. I expect it to be positively reviewed.
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Elantra Test Drive Canadian Driver

quote-
    We really like the way the new Elantra behaves, and we can live without a high-tech interior and edgy styling, but we're not sure if we'd be willing to give up the extra standard safety features that Honda and Mazda offer in this class. Many young families rely on cars in this class for safe transportation. Why should they have to pay extra for that peace of mind?
    -end-
  • Options
    Yes, it's really too bad (for the Canucks) that Hyundai chose not to offer standard ABS and side bags/curtains on the Elantra sold up there, as they do in the U.S. In the U.S. at least, the Elantra is actually superior to most Civics in standard safety features (if you count 4 wheel disc brakes as a safety feature) and is superior to some Mazda3's in that not all of them offer standard ABS and side bags/curtains.
  • Options
    germancarfan1germancarfan1 Member Posts: 221
    Geez does Hyundai cut corners on the Canadian version. Bare metal trunk, no lumbar support, nor ABS on the tested model. Why anyone would buy this thing in Canada over a Mazda3 or Civic to save a few bucks beats me. Is Hyundai trying to fail?

Despite the firmer suspension, the car's seemingly taut structure makes for a rattle-free drive even over rough roads.

Give it time my friend (exactly 4350 miles). It wont be long until it sounds like my '04, buzzes and rattles galore.

p.s. love those classy painted plastic door handles. Hyundai for life!
  • Options
    I think you are fogetting that the 2007 Elantra is a new design with a much stiffer structure than your '04.
  • Options
    germancarfan1germancarfan1 Member Posts: 221
    That's Hyundai: "our previous generation of cars is great...don't look at last year's cars for any indication of future issues"
  • Options
    A 49 percent improvement in stiffness from '06 to '07 is a significant change. In other words, the 2007 Elantra is a much different car than yours. It may not act the same.

In fact, other '04 Elantras don't act the same as yours. Mine is tight and rattle-free. Pretty good I think, considering the pot-holed streets I drive over every day.
  • Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    your 04 elantra sounds alot like our 05 civic, rattles galore and parts that fall off. Lucky it was under warranty when it happen but no longer-exceeded the mileage. We have no rattles with our 05 elantra with 46,000 miles.
This discussion has been closed.