Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Honda Pilot

Comments

• nikbertnikbert Member Posts: 20
    what I find really strange is that Pilot 60-0 results were 149 feet and Ody (from an earlier Edmunds test) was about 131 feet. That just doesn't make sense to me, too much difference...
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Vehicles tested on different days on different pavements may create such discrepancy. This is not surprising. Therefore, you can only trust the relative distances of stopping among the three. Even that, take it with a grain of salt.

I recall that ConsumersReport tested CX9 at 159ft and proclaimed that CX9 under performed in stopping compared with others they tested. Magazine does screw up sometimes. Maybe they meant 139ft.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    2005 Pilot

Dry pavement 131'
    Wet pavement 157'
  • albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    I took a liesurely, brief test drive of the Pilot and liked it. But a few years ago I test drove a Ford SHO with a typically lazy, but car-crazy salesman. Obviously had to drive it like an SHO. When we got back from the test drive the salesman said, "I didn't know that car could do that.". My intent was not to impress him, but find out if the new model was as good as my old one

Heh. I'll admit. I don't always go all out, but I always put my foot to the floor to test pick-up. And I always do quick lane changes. My worst was probably the 5 series I drove before I bought mine. But seeing that these cars would serve two differnet purposes, I could see leisurely driving a Pilot. It's a family chauler, not a car you take out for fun.
  • powder73powder73 Member Posts: 15
    Must be crazy to buy the 2009 Pilot. Cars always have bugs in the 1st year of production
    You know..i do prefer the i wouldn't buy a first year model to the must be crazy to buy the 2009. One imply you have a different opinion and the other that you are god and therefore know the truth and can judge other action..... :mad: oh and about the 8 seated passenger on the acadia it's my fault i was referring to the top model...as long as you stay on the basin model you'll find plenty 8 passenger option but none when you choose a higher model...i know this for a fact

I always buy first year model..did it with the odyssey,the sienna awd (first year ever toyota awd), the suburban 2007 and oh the vw passat.....and none..none and any problem...none. period. So before making comment on my mental stability maybe you should be happy some of us buy the first year model so chicken people can safely wait 1 or 2 year....

Back on the topic (sorry but i had to get it out)....after being gone for a week i fully test it yesterday doing a 5 hour trip...and i was simply amazed.....now it's purely personal...but for me the acceleration and braking was very good...in fact as good as i would expect. The hand free bluetooth system is out of this world....it.s a matter of pressing a button then telling the number and voila...done deal and the communicatio is clear from both side....amazing....gps is good...ok i didn't say super because i come from a garmin nuivi and to me it's the reference...right now the honda gps doesn,t have all the street the garmin has. I had to get use to the bird eye view but i like the fact that you can split the screen in 2 with all the turn on the right side so you can keep track in advance of what is coming....

The stereo system and quite frankly the best i had so far.....sound is crisp the subwoofer add a bang to the sound......the dvd player was a first ( i resist until now even if i have 4 kids...go figure i must be crazy) and so far it work pretty good...

Xm radio is standard altough it's very nice to be able to see everything on the navigation screen....talking about the nav screen i forgot earlier....the acadian had a touch screen but this one has a big dial button. Having tried both the dial is god given. In theory a touchscreen is faster and easier but in practice give me a big button anything....more so while driving...

hmmm..let see...oh yes the ipod connection is another very nice option....no more fiddling the ipod while driving...you can acces everything from the navigationnal screen..amazing...

So far i love the seat...very confortable yet they have a good firm support...handling is very good also..well to my taste.....the wheel feel stiff and the direction is crisp...coming from a van and a suburan let me tell it turn on a dime... :P

Lots of space..lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's easy to seat the kids on the third row seat and when you do the 3 2nd row and 4th third row with the 60/split you have more then enough space to go shopping.

Anyway so far so good....during the trip i was at 10.7l/100km so for me it's better then the van (12.2) or the burb (16.6 ouch!!). Unlike the suburban this honda motor use the economical mode as soon as he can and you don'T even notice it...

Can't wait to try it on snow!!!!!!Love it so far!!!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I would totally buy a Honda its first year model run. Honda, is known for its great cars and backed with great service. Many of their new models still have the same parts, but different body. The Accord has been running quite well.

Another issue, is that the Pilot looks more like a Ford Escape now, and less upscale on the exterior than the previous model.Than you have a really nice interior, that does not match, the nice, but yet casual exterior. It seems as though Honda is really taking a lot of help from Acura, its co-company, especially when it comes to the interior.

Now, they need to offer hybrid technology for this car, it would work great, and people that need more than just a car, could use this, and get a world of difference in mileage. Now, only offer the option if it is not insanely high in price, otherwise financially it would not make sense. I am hoping the will offer the option on the Accord, which at some point, I feel they will, but they have to consider Toyota's decent pricing in the camry hybrid.

Now, you have to ask yourself, what can this car do, that the CR-V, which is much cheaper, cannot do.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Now, you have to ask yourself, what can this car do, that the CR-V, which is much cheaper, cannot do.

Seat eight!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Other than sits 8 ...

Remote Trunk/Tailgate Release
    -----------
    3.5L V6
    -----------
    Homelink Remote System
    -----------
    Tow Capacity: 4500-lb
    -----------
    roominess
    -----------
    Not Homelink remote.
    Anyone can buy a Gentex mirror and install Homelink remote on their vehicle.
    It is as good as OE mirror.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I always buy first year model

"Consumers often delay purchasing a model in its first year, waiting for the manufacturer to get the so-called bugs out," said Joe Ivers, partner and executive director of quality/customer satisfaction at J.D. Power and Associates. "Yet, the quality of most new-model launches is actually very good. Some manufacturers have virtually eliminated the launch-year quality drop-off. A few have even demonstrated a pattern of launching models with better initial quality than the models they replaced."

New/Redesigned Models Often Record Better Initial Quality Than The Vehicles They Replace, But Not in Every Case

I think the "Not in Every Case" refers to the rollouts at the Nissan Canton plant when it was new or maybe the supplier issues in Alabama at the Mercedes plant when it first opened.
    thank for that steve i tough has much and like i said i had zero problem so far with new model (when i mean new it's not the end of the first year model..more the first batch model)

oh and i know you'll call me crazy (someone already did :P )but i actually like the look of the pilot....maybe it's because i love truck in general but for me it's a beautiful car...inside and outside....but reading all the my-god-the-09 pilot-is -ugly i wonder if my eyes are ok..lol :blush:
    It seems as though Honda is really taking a lot of help from Acura, its co-company, especially when it comes to the interior.

And it seems Honda (Acura's PARENT company) is starting to be pulled down by Acura's ugly-wierdness. All of thier cars look goofy now (well, I actually like the new MDX). I do know one thing: If Honda ever, EVER tries some goofy styling on the Accord, the brand will TANK.
  • cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11
    Powder73,

How is the ride quality on the 09 pilot vs. your sienna awd? We have a 06 honda Odyessy, and I just test drove the 09 Pilot. It seems the Pilot is not "stuck" on the ground as the minivan. I am looking for a suv that is comfortable on the highway as we take a lot of trips with the kids.
    I am looking for a suv that is comfortable on the highway as we take a lot of trips with the kids.

Are you set on a Honda or would you be willing to look at competition like the CX-9 or Acadia?
    i can't tell you about the cx-9 we never tried it my wife didn't one period. But the acadia is another matter. I had one for a full weekend and we test about everything.About the ''stuck on the ground'' feeling maybe it's because the pilot has nearly double ground clearance then the odyssey. For me i drove a suburban so the pilot feel more to the ground...

I didn't like the acadia after comparing the pilot. It's the same as with the suburban. I like a stiff wheel with good response and didn't found that on the acadia...but to each is own....i recommend you go test it and see for yourself....go luck with your next car!!!

p.s: How many kids do you have.,...i have 4 so the pilot was the best option for me ..
    I have two kids, but sometimes we need the third row.

I tested drove the Pilot this past weekend. It is not as quite as I was hoping for. My biggest complaint (maybe only complaint agaist the Odyessy) is the road / wind / driving noise. It is loud. I don't know it is because of the design or the stupid run flat tires I have.
    Did you happen to have the cross-bars on the Pilot you test-drove?
    This is a problem to most vehicles with cross-bars.
    I know Odyssey did not come with them
    unless you bought it yourself. It seems to be standard on new Pilot.
    Tires could also be a factor if the noises come through the floorpan or window.

However, I am not gonna defend for Honda. All the Hondas I have owned were
    sort of noisy. 1999-2001 Odyssey was among the worst.
  • genethekgenethek Member Posts: 9
    There is a known issue with the cross bars. If they are installed backwards there is noise. Check with the dealer. This was a problem on a brand new 09 Pilot I just purchased and it was fixed and now it's super quiet.
  • zorcereszorceres Member Posts: 23
    Crossbars are an add-on on the 09 Pilot :(
    well like he say maybe the crossbar are backwards??? Because even at 130km/h i don't hear that much noise.....
  • rlevensonrlevenson Member Posts: 7
    Does Honda make a bug deflector for the 2009 Touring 4WD?

Thanks-
    R
    My biggest complaint (maybe only complaint agaist the Odyessy) is the road / wind / driving noise. It is loud. I don't know it is because of the design or the stupid run flat tires I have.

you know i was remembering your comment today while driving it and it's true there is road noise when driving in old pavement (we have plenty of that in quebec :P ). As soon as you hit newly made pavement it stop. I guess with the music/kids i didn't pay attention....but you are right...of course after 15 min i already forgot about it....i guess my brain is good for something...LMAO
  • shaybahshaybah Member Posts: 4
    I took delivery today on an '09 Pilot and one of the accessories I added was the Honda Remote Start, as seen here:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_pilot_accessories/2009_honda_pilot_access- ories.htm

The dealership offered a less expensive aftermarket starter, but I liked the idea of a Honda-made starter that's integrated with the vehicle's climate controls. Hot outside? The starter automatically turns on the A/C and cools it to 72. Freezing outside? The starter automatically turns on the heat and the defroster. Downsides: For one, it's very expensive. It only comes with one remote fob, which is annoyingly huge. It also has a much shorter range than many aftermarket starters. My dealership had never even installed one before. It only came out this year, and is only available with certain vehicles. In short, no one knew to talk me out of it.

If you have experience with aftermarket starters, it usually works like this; once you use the starter remote to start the car, you must use the same remote to unlock the doors and get in (i.e. your factory remote is temporarily disabled). You put in the key, turn it to the on position, and go. If you tap the break, the car shuts off. I assumed a Honda Remote Start system would at LEAST work this way, if not better (e.g. the starter does not disable the factory remote).

I'm dumbfounded by what actually happens. You use the starter remote to start the car, and it does disable the factory remote. However, the starter remote does NOT have lock/unlock buttons for the door. So when you get to the car, you actually have to TURN OFF the engine with the remote in order to unlock the vehicle, get in, and RE-start the car. If you attempt to even use the key to unlock the door, it shuts off the engine.

Does anyone agree that this is unacceptable? Not only is it unnecessary wear & tear on the car's starter because you have to start the car TWICE every time you use it, but more importantly it almost defeats the purpose of having one. I'm dumbfounded that Honda would go to market with a product that has LESS integrated functionality than the 3rd-party starters available.

Does ANYONE out there have this product and have a different experience? I'm holding out a little bit of hope that somehow mine was installed or programmed incorrectly.. Feel free to email me at jon @ eltopo.com.

Thanks!

Jon
    I think the run flat tires add a lot of noise as it has harder tire walls. still haven't bought a pilot yet. I like the car, but the plastics still bother me for a $37000 car ( 4wd touring with res)
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    The Ody has run-flat tires? :confuse:
    The Touring model had PAX run-flats. Sounds like Michelin has given up on them.

actualsize, "Run-flat, self-sealing, PAX tires for Minivans" #1291, 25 Jun 2008 9:31 am
    PAX is not based on thick side walls (unlike Michelin's run-flat).
    It needs special equipment to change tires. That means "say goodbye to your Costco, indie shops for tire changes or balancing".
    What if you get a flat, keep going at 50mph, but find a nearby Honda dealer quick!

PAX has an inner supporting rubber ring. No matter what kind of run-flat, they are heavier, more expensive and less energy efficient (due to rotational mass). What you get is peace of mind (retain control of vehicle in a tire blowout) and be able to get away from bad situation pronto (heavy rain, bad neighborhood, etc.)
    The BMW owners don't seem all that happy with their run-flats. Don't know much about them though. The Pilot seems like it could be a better application since you aren't as concerned with some performance aspects of a grippy tire as you would be in a sports car. But I've been on some roads where a full size spare gave me some peace of mind.
    I went to test drive the 09 pilot touring again. Confirmed several things from my previous test drive two weeks ago:
    a. it drives nicely, i love the feeling of the steering wheel
    b. i love the nav. and electronics, they are just so much better than the $55000 MB GL450
    c the road noise is very obvious. I think the noise is coming from Tires. I had many cars, the noise is still among the loudest...very similar to my odyssey touring pax van.
    d. the cheap plastic on the dash board, and around the instrument panels still bugs me.

All in all, I think for the price and utility function, it is probably the best value on the market. It is just not a luxury or entry luxury SUV with polished interior... Kind of expecting that for a $38000 touring...
  • watson524watson524 Member Posts: 10
    I first sat in a gray interior 09 EX-L and looked at the plastic and thought CHEAP! I had been debating about an 08 vs 09 and had decided that if i liked the 09, I was going to wait and probably get a '10 but then I saw the plastic and got nervous. My dealer told me to come back down and look at a tan interior... I must admit, that really does help it look less cheap, but I agree with you, I'm not thrilled by it.
  • hjharrishjharris Member Posts: 9
    Just got a 2009 Pilot to use as a tow vehicle. Didn't come with wiring harness. Dealer wants $170 for the harness. Anyone know if the 2008 aftermarket harness will work? The plug was quite easy to find inside the left storage compartment just inside the tailgate. There's a panel inside that easily comes out to expose the harness recepticle.

Also what about the brake controller? Anyone have any experience? I use a Prodigy copntroller and haven't been able to find out if the 2009 Pilot is compatible with the 2008 Pilot harness.

I've been towing my 2500# travel trailer with a 2009 Odyssey and bought the Pilot to take over the chore.

hjharris @ Wichita Falls, TX
    2009 Pilot LXI
    1999 Odyssey LX
  • joemama33joemama33 Member Posts: 26
    You can get a 2008 Pilot 4-pin adapter for about $25 from etrailer.com. Cheap enough for a test, anyway.IMO
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    There are many dealers who sell Honda OEM parts for cheaper prices than your local dealer. You can order the OEM harness from one of these dealers online and either install it yourself or have a local mechanic put it in. installing a wiring harness is no big deal. I installed the whole hitch assembly on my M-class including the wiring harness and it wasn't a difficult job at all.
  • ottomationottomation Member Posts: 2
    I loved your story and your grammar (I could hear the French Canadian accent as I read it and I enjoyed it thoroughly).

I am in that decision making phase now and I just test drove the Pilot last night. I didn't really like the 09 Pilot when it first came out, but after looking at and getting prices for the Highlander, Acadia, Saturn Outlook, etc., I have to admit that the Pilot is looking better to me.

Thanks.
    :P yeah i do have a big accent in real life....anyway we had it now for almost a month and the only negative comment would be that i tough it would be cheaper on gas...when you drove 90km/h on cruise it will go down to around 10.9l/100km. But it's more 14l/100km if you drove a lot in town and have a ''heavy foot'' on the highway. But it's still better then my suburban!!!!!!

Beside that we love it. the HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface is simply awesome. The nav is like any other nav system wich is a good thing. Man i can't beleive i didn't had one before....it make life so much easier. The seat are amazing too. Way better then my sub or late sienna. Driving 7 hours without back pain was a new experience for me. :shades:
    Took this route (etrailers 2008 Pilot kit). When the parts arrived (including fuses) I went about trying to wire it up but couldn't get any voltage (tailights, turn signals etc) to any of the pins even at the auxiliary fuse locations. Went to the dealer and learned that what they sell is a package of about 10 items that includes a relay and a couple of modules. I went ahead and ordered one this weekend for $181. I'll be installing it next weekend and post my results.
  • jim35jim35 Member Posts: 5
    Back in late June and early July there were a number of posts discussing the amount of cargo space in the crossover suv's. About 6 months ago we went to look at the new 08 Highlander and after taking measurements found that we could not put more that one set of golf clubs behind the second row seats without having to remove most of the clubs. The rear wheel wells are too close. Our 01 mdx with only 80 c.f. of cargo spaceI can haul 4 passengers and get 4 sets of golf clubs in with lots of room on top left for luggage. The distance between the wheel wells is 49" which leaves an inch to spare for the clubs. My wife and I would like to compare the new pilot and highlander and wondering if any golfers out there have figured a way to haul their 4 golfing buddies and clubs in their highlander?
  • lungdoc63lungdoc63 Member Posts: 55
    I have had Touring for 6 weeks now. Having problems with Bluetooth (using Verizon chocolate). About 20% of calls going out fail to come over the car's speakers. I can hear the person on the phone earpiece. Dialing is not a problem. i.e. I can dail out through the car, but voice is only heard on the phone.

Anyone else with this problem? Afraid dealer knows so little about the car, they'll try to blame my phone/Verizon.
  • solosolo Member Posts: 48
    Read your observations with interest, exspecialy the ROAD NOISE. I have a 2006 with leather and nav. the road noise is like something out of a 1960's Chrysler! Loud and annoying. A new set of Michilen Cross Terrains helped but maybe 10%. Does anyone out there know of a cure? In the old days we used to undercoat the vehicle for rust, and it also helped with road noise. Has anyone tried this? Has anyone went so far as to add insulation in the doors etc? I am considering an 09 or 2010 but sure wish Honda would have addressed this problem since there have been many complaints of road noise from buyers of the 2003 thru 2008 years. I am hoping somebody tried something. I would spend up to $1000 to have a more insulated cabin. thank you
  • silverplatter1silverplatter1 Member Posts: 14
    They are GoodYear tires, I believe. Does anyone know the life of the tires? 50K? 80K?
    I tried the Honda 2008 kit from ETrailer. I could not get it to work after extensive testing. In the end I ordered the OEM kit from my local dealer for $181, and it included a module, a couple of relays and several fuses in addition to the 7 pin connector harness. With the kit I got the dealer to provide me the installation instructions, without which I would have been totally lost. Inside the auxillary power compartment (small one in the left rear about 3 feet from the tailgate) there were 3 fuses and two relays to be installed. Then the module had to be attached to the 12 pin connector located inside the innner panel of the compartment near the tailgate on the left side. Then 3 fuses had to be installed in the fuse box under the hood just to the right of the engine. When an after market package becomes available, it won't be cheap!
  • citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
    I have some specific questions for anyone who has detailed experience with the 2009 Pilot 4WD Touring with RES. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. We can't get many of the trip computer functions outlined in the owner's manual to appear. The Trip Computer toggles the bottom info (ODO, outside temp, trip A and B) but on the top the only option is the real-time MPG gauge. No matter how many times we toggle or what we select, we can't find any screens that show the average MPH total or per trip, the average speed, the estimated remaining fuel, etc. The owners manual implies these should show up when the SEL/RESET button is toggled but they don't.

2. I have an iPhone paired and it receives calls fine and makes call fine using the voice commands if the # is manually spoken. However, if we tell it to "Call Home" or "Dial Home" (with the Home # programmed into the nav already) it says it can find no phone to pair with. Very odd. Also, the manual says you can combine voice commands like "Call 555-555-5555" instead of "call" then "555-555-5555" when prompted. But this doesn't seem to really work because if you do it as one command it accepts the number but still comes back and asks if you want to call and you have to say "yes."

3. The manual and Honda website are very vague about the details of pairing multiple phones with the HandsFreeLink system. How many can be paired and how does it handle it? If more than one phone is in the car, how does it prioritize outbound calls? Is this user selectable? How many phones can be paired? Etc.

4. What kind of luck have people had with HomeLink? We have two different garage door openers from different companies. The older is a 7 year old Genie. We've gotten it to work with other homelink devices but the Honda doesn't seem to recognize it. The other opener worked. Any tips? We aren't the first owners so we don't have the manual to look up codes.

5. How do you control the menus of the RES DVD from the front seats? On the Toyota and Mazda, etc., when the car is in park it shows the DVD screen on the front nav system as well. This is useful for initially getting through the menu screens to start the movie, etc. If you can’t see it, it would be virtually impossible. Is there no way to do this, assuming adults in the front and little kids in the back? On a related note, even if you can’t see it, is there a way to control it from the front without pulling down the overhead remote and using it? To start, stop, trac advance, etc. from the front controls?

6. It’s great that the car can actually play different audio sources in the front and rear speakers at the same time and we’ve know how to select the source for each. However, is there a way to select that one or the other be “off” without having the entire audio system off? For example, let’s say you want the rear audio on the DVD but you want nothing in the front audio source? I suppose you can manually go into the audio settings on the nav screen and fade everything away from the front. But it seems so logical that with the ability to hit “front source” that there would be a way to select no source at all.

7. The nav system seems somewhat arbitrary about what locations it has in its directory. For example, we searched today for “Target” and “The Cheesecake Factory.” We knew how to get to each but were testing the system out. In both cases the nearest ones to us have been there for years, so they are not recent. And it did find locations for each, but they were not even in the top three in terms of the closest locations to us in each case. I guess I can see it not having Target at all, but it seems odd that it has some but not others if they have been established for a while. I assume there is nothing to do about this? It’s just disappointing because of the half-a-dozen locations we tested with it only scored about 50% so far in our area. BTW, we love the nav in general. I particularly like the active lane guidance which worked perfectly. I wish it read street names instead of just “turn left,” especially since it clearly has text-to-speech capacity, but otherwise it is pretty sweet.

8. Honda has pictures of the dash display (speedometer, etc.) gluing a cool blue. Does this happen automatically at night? If not, how do you get the blue which I would prefer over the white?

Thanks again.
    I am having mixed results pairing my bluetooth phones. The iPhone paired fine but the Verizon Blacberry Curve isn't working. The Curve pairs fine with other devices. But when I get to the screen where I have already entered the passcode and am waiting for it to accept the pair, the Honda comes bac saying it could not pair and returns to the main HandsFreeLine screen. I have tried various passcodes and that is not the issue. And the devices do find each other, they just fail on the authentication. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    Beats me why they would install a hitch and not provide a $200 wiring kit !!

Cheap on Honda's part, I must say !!
    Better than Toyota charging hundreds for a Tow Prep option but not even having an option for a Toyota-supplied hitch and having get awkward after-market ones that aren't well visually integrated with the rear of the vehicle.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Beats me why they would install a hitch and not provide a $200 wiring kit !!

Cheap on Honda's part, I must say !!

Not everybody who gets a hitch tows. Some may want it just for a hitch mounted rack.
  • stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    all I keep on reading is about the 'road noise' that is still in the new Pilots... wife has a 2006 Pilot EX 4wd... overall pretty decent EXCEPT for that road noise issue.. horrendous.. she has 7 more months left on her 3 yr lease.. starting to look around already but the fact that Honda is dragging its feet on curing that road noise issue stinks...

BTW.. it's definitely coming from the tires thru the chassis...hers has Bridgestone tires.. have driven another '06 with Goodyears.. same noise... go over old style pavement and the noise is most prevalent.. terrible... drove the Buick Enclave and GMC Arcadia... smooth as silk.. quiet...
  • nikbertnikbert Member Posts: 20
    afair, (not sure) that 09 Touring has some extra noise reduction tech - like double layered glass panes, (better) noise cancelling etc...
    afair, (not sure) that 09 Touring has some extra noise reduction tech - like double layered glass panes, (better) noise cancelling etc...

I think this is what you meant. Acoustic windshield.

"Pilot EX-L and Touring models have acoustic windshield glass that helps to reduce interior noise levels."
  • lungdoc63lungdoc63 Member Posts: 55
    1) Same problem. Have found no solution agghhhhh
    2) Say part of the number - be silent, when they ask to add number, just say more numbers without the yes.
    3) I have paired 5. Switch by saying "next phone" and it moves down the list (skipping the unavailable phones. I did have to get new cell phones b/c my 9 month old Chocolate (by LG) would only link well occasionally. I'd encourage people to look at the hands free web site phone listing. Really disappointing.
    4) There is a "train" button on the opener machine -probably where the light bulb is. Push is and then train the homelink while light is flashing by the train button. You may have to start by pushing the Homelink button prior to the train button. Can't remember the exact sequence. Did you look online for manuel of your opener?
    6) Let the back people watch DVD, put radio on the front and crank your radio volume all the way down.