Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70 New Owner Reports

Comments

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Since there's been a bit of discussion about this, I've made a topic for it so that new owners will be able to find it easily: Volvo C70 Homelink. You might notice that a few of the posts about this have already been moved there.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• silverspydersilverspyder Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone decided they didn't like the amount of dust on the wheels, and buy the "kleen wheel" inserts? I've looked and haven't been able to find any listed on the various parts websites.
  • cricket4cricket4 Member Posts: 94
    I don't know about preventing it with inserts. But as far as cleaning the dust, I've found that my stainless steel cleaner (a spray that I use for my stainless steel appliances in the kitchen) works really well. It is non-abrasive, actually oily. It wipes right off and shines. If this is not good for the wheels someone please let me know. It seems to work great for now.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Don't do the inserts.
    They restrict cooling air to the brakes and over time can warp the rotors.
    Volvo rotors are very thin, so they can't be turned.
    Just wash your car once a week(you should anyway) and clean the wheels.
  • redbuzzredbuzz Member Posts: 57
    What is the name of the product you use to clean your wheels?
  • cricket4cricket4 Member Posts: 94
    It's called "Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner". I bought it at Sam's Wholesale. The container says it is oil based and cleans, polishes, preserves and protects without hard rubbing and polishing. Resists fingerprints (probably more important for fridges) and water spatter. The back of the can says it contains no acid or abrasive substances. Will not leave a powdery residue. No rubbing required. The first ingredient listed is white mineral oil. And best of all it contains no ozone depleting chemicals! It was so great on my appliances, I had to try my wheels and it worked.
  • jtregojtrego Member Posts: 68
    3,000 miles update. We are extremely pleased with this car. My wife uses it as a primary car to work every day and it is very practical, it doesn't need to be babied. Have now officially driven in snow, rain and wind with top up (great coupe) and with top down on both back roads and interstate highway with no complaints. Tonight we drove into the sunset and on the interstate going 70 for first time with the top down, but the side windows up, stereo cranked and the car is just as solid with the top down. We came home in the dark going 70 with top down and 62 outside, but warm in the "cockpit" with side windows up and heated seats on max. Really cool with the full moon and all. Just a fantastic experience.

the transmission (manual) continues to impress

volvomax, we wash the wheels once a week, but the spray wash doesn't cut it. My wife has diligently rubbed the wheels clean with a cloth every time.

We have the sprayaway products, both window cleaner and the stainless cleaner, but so far have only used the window cleaner on the windows ... and elbow grease on the wheels!

Volvo rules with this car. they really did a nice job and we get compliments all the time on how "beautiful" the car is. One person said they saw us driving in our BMW convertible! Hah!
    I looked for the Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner at Sam's Club, and didn't find it. Is it an aerosol, or a spray? I'd like to give it a try if I can find it. I'm looking online but I'd like to know what exactly I'm looking for before I buy. Thanks for your help.
    Actually, I just found it through my online search - at Sam's club. I guess I didn't have the right product links. Thanks anyway.
  • pittmcpittmc Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my Celestial Blue with off black leather last Tuesday and here has been my experience. First let me say I have been following this forum for 4 months since I initially placed my order.After reading a bunch of comments,mostly negative, I was really worried that I had chosen the wrong car.

Let me tell you--the car I picked was not only the right one it has exceeded my expectations after only a week.
    It drives like a dream, it has started every time (no battery drain), and the hard top has operated flawlessly.
    I ordered the navigation system (easy to operate),rear park assist, Sirrus radio and the leather package. The stereo system sounds great so no need for the Dynaudio and I steered away from the 18 inch wheels. For anyone that is worried about the brake pedal being too close to the gas, don't be. I have size 12's and have had no issues.
    This car is a head turner and I've had so many comments about how great it looks.
    Thanks to all who endured the earlier problems and cleared the way for the new owners.image:)
  • henkbwhenkbw Member Posts: 22
    Hi pittmc,

Congrats with your new car.
    I'm glad that, despite OUR problems, you still have chosen for the C70. I hope that you will stay out of troubles. But hey, you know, that if you want to be the first to drive a new model, you might encounter some problems. And obviously, a forum is the perfect spot to talk about it.
    For your peace of mind, my Volvo dealer has been able to solve every problem I had with my car (so far).
    I think that Volvo is smart enough to keep an eye on the forums on the Internet to see what comments the owners have on their cars. And of course, learn from it.
    So, our complaining has a reason: it improves the car ;)
    For now, my car is working fine. I cleaned and polished it: it looks spectacular and... the sun is shining. I'm gonna post this message, shutdown the computer and take my car for a drive in the countryside :shades:
    Enjoy your car and keep in touch once in a while (problems or not). :)

HenkBW
  • dmonizdmoniz Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a 2001 C70 with 51,000 on it and listed for $18K. Is this a good price? What are some of the problems with this model that I should be aware of? I want a ragtop and have looked at used MB, JAG and Saab but really like the C70. This would be the 'fun' car for me so it wouldn't be used every day and just in the good weather.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. Dave
  • rschleicherrschleicher Member Posts: 79
    dmoniz,

On the surface that seems high for a 2001, although it does have fairly low miles. I would get three reference points, if you haven't already:

- price out the car on www.edmunds.com (need to know the options it's equipped with)
    - do the same at www.kbb.com (I forget which one is usually lower)
    - look at the C70's for sale on ebay motors - there are probably 30-40 C70's for sale at any moment, almost all of them being the prior model that you are looking at. Of course, you don't know if they will sell, but looking at the buy-it-now prices, and/or completed auctions will give you another data point.

Other forums to check out, to get a sense of problem areas, would be:

www.volvoforums.com
    www.volvo-forums.com
    www.swedespeed.com
    www.volvospeed.com

The first three of these have sub-forums dedicated to C70's. The last one lumps them in with other FWD/AWD models.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Price is a little high.
    If the car was perfect, it might retail for $16,000
  • blamb3blamb3 Member Posts: 41
    I haven't posted in awhile. Love my car and I remember much discussion on one of these threads about spare tire v.s. sealant. Well yesterday I was driving and one of my rear tires.....Michelon pilots...came apart at the seam....4700 miles. I've got the sealant/inflation system....obviously of no use in this case.....what I didn't realize...my own stupidity...was that the cars with the sealant system aren't even provided with a jack....this is a really poorly thought out system by Volvo......GET THE XTRA TIRE.
    The first 2 times we placed a deposit on a C70, we "ordered" the spare tire. Neither of those deposits ended up with us getting a car. The third time we placed a deposit, I thought that we had opted for the spare, but when we took delivery in Sweden, our car had the pump & goop. When I talked with our dealer back in the states, he ordered the spare for us, no charge. Then he realized that we would need the jack too, and ordered that, no charge. He let us keep the pump & goop too, no charge. Now if I ever get a flat, what should I use?
  • snowfishsnowfish Member Posts: 3
    Picked up my 2007 Magic Blue C70 T5 with Offblack interior on Thursday. It's great so far (with about 110 miles on it), but I have a couple of questions / concerns:

1) There's a high pitched whistling sound coming from BOTH of the sideview mirrors with the top up or down above about 35 MPH. If you flip in the mirrors it goes away. Has anyone else had this problem, and what's the solution?

2)When lowering the top, it sometimes seems like it's sticking a little when the front section starts to raise up -- it makes a little "pop" sound. Plus, I detected a slight burning odor the first couple of times I lowered the top. Is this normal??

Thanks!!

Regards,
    SnowFish
  • henkbwhenkbw Member Posts: 22
    Hi Snowfish,

Congrats with your new car. Hope you're gonna love it.
    About your questions:

1) Except for the "standard" wind rustle, I cannot hear anything whistling. Sorry, can't help you with that.

2) When does the "popping" sound appear: At the moment that the roof lifts, or just before that?
    In the first case it might be that the rubbers are sticking and needs lubrication (job for you dealer).
    In the second case it might be the clamps (front roof-part to windscreen) that are releasing. This also makes a noise.
    I have my C70 for more than 13,000 mls now, went through some troubles regarding the roof, but I never had a burning smell. You might contact your dealer for this also.
    BTW, the troubles where all solved ;)

Regards,
    HenkBW
    I also sometimes hear a little sound like a "popping" at the moment of release of the front edge of the top from the windshield frame. As the above poster stated, this might be due to a little sticking of the seal material, if the roof has been in place for a while. The seal material at the top edge of the windshield frame doesn't seem like rubber to me, but some form of a synthetic that is a bit harder than rubber. It doesn't appear to be lubricated, but perhaps it is. I've noticed some dust build-up on this front seal, and have just tried to keep it clean.

In terms of a burning smell, my guess is that your car is so new that there are still burning smells coming from the engine compartment, that you notice when putting the roof down. I would think you would also smell them after parking your car in an indoors garage. This is due to things like thin grease coatings on engine parts that burn off in the first weeks of use, etc. I noticed this burning small on my car for the first 200-300 miles or so. Of course it may be something more serious in your case, but you might want to give it a little while before worrying too much (as long as you don't see signs of an oil leak, or something like that).
  • snowfishsnowfish Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies!

I'll give it some time to see if the roof is having any trouble. I don't get any warning messages, and it seems to operate normally, other than the "pop". It sounds like the pop may be coming from the seal between the front panel and the 2nd panel. Maybe it's just a little sticky after sitting on a ship for a few weeks. If the roof mechanism was overheating, there should be a message on the dash according to the manual.

Still haven't figured out the whistling mirrors, but I did find a post regarding an S40 with a similar problem -- I think it said the dealer plugged up the drain holes, but that doesn't sound like a good idea...

Regards,
    SnowFish
  • kathleen4kathleen4 Member Posts: 3
    We took delivery in Sweden in November 2006 of a silver C70 fully loaded, if you could buy it, we did. But due to the cold, rain, wind etc, never used the retractable HT until we took final delivery in California. In the 4 months we have had the car :lemon: , we've taken the car in for repair 6 times. The passenger window does not go up and down properly with the retractable HT and now the hard to stalls. It has even gotten stuck twice.

It is now at the dealership and in a non repairable state. :sick: I'm so sad because we invested a lot of money and really like Volvo cars in general. We own two other Volvos that work well.

Any one else seen the problem? :lemon:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    "nonrepairable state"???
    sooo... does that mean they are giving you a new car to replace it?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• tsk1tsk1 Member Posts: 31
    We took delivery of our Zanzibar Gold C70 in Sweden in September, 2006. We have have used the top several hundred times. It has never failed or stalled. We have had minor issues with the passenger window not returning to its closed state after using the top, but to date that hasn't even been of a big enough issue to even bring it in to the dealer.

If you haven't already you need to get a factory rep involved and your car fixed. Be aggressive the C70 is a great car and all can work flawlessly.
  • tom007tom007 Member Posts: 40
    Congratulation on your new ride. I don't have any of the noises you have, but the rear seat belts flapping almost drove me Boncos while on highway with top down. The little holders they have to put them under are useless, so I just started tucking my belts in behind the arm rest and it is absolutely quiet now at 70 mph top down. I have read about others on forum having the flapping also so have posted two pictures on MY SPACE to show how it is done. Mine is an '06 celestial blue with calcite white interior and as you can see after a year it is still sharp looking.
  • syellinasyellina Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Gold C70 I picked up in Sweden in September 2006 and have really enjoyed it. Although my wife wants to drive it much more than I had hoped.

Also had the top start to periodically stall (top in trunk with the trunk lid straight up). After waiting about 10 minutes I was always able to put it back up but not finish opening. Took it to the dealer who found nothing wrong.

After the problem continued I returned to the dealer who had just sent a tech to Volvo training on the top. He adjusted the top and no problems since. They acknowledged that this has been a regular problem for their C70s. Hopefully all the dealers have had similar training.

However, since then the passenger window has not closed with the others. It closes and then reopens about half way. The first time I hadn't noticed it wasn't closed and since I park outside I was glad it didn't rain. I'll get it looked at on the next servicing.
  • mmorgenthalermmorgenthaler Member Posts: 1
    I too picked up my Celestial Blue C70 on September 6th in Torslanda. I have had to return my car to the dealer twice for the passenger window/door problem. The first time the right front window would go up an down when putting the top back up. The dealer said it was a software programming issue.

Friday I got the car back the second time for both the window and the right front door being hard to close. This time they replaced both the window mechanism and rubber weather stripping.

We'll see if this works out over time. I have had the top down twice since yesterday afternoon with no problems.

Good luck with your car. I absolutely love mine and it the stares it gets with the Swedish front license plate and the top going up an down
    Wow, this is my story exactly. Sweden, window, Swedish plates but ours is silver.

We had the same window problem, and that is what started this in the first place. Once they fixed the window, my hard top started having issues stalling. I've since gotten it back, tested it for a week now, and it's symptoms are starting again. The retractable top starts to stall, and sometimes the truck too. (Good to know that waiting 10 minutes could solve the problem) What is weird is that this is a problem that starts small, then escalates. When I take it in, they are unable to see the problem until it gets really bad. This weekend I'm going to film it in action.

I am totally in love with my car - my husband uses it too - so now Monday is his day! So when I have it and it works, i love to drive it.

Please update this area with your issue since you and i are the only ones I know who are experiencing this problem. I'm taking it back to the dealership again on Monday - it's been in the shop now off and on for 4 weeks. Bummer.
  • doctord13doctord13 Member Posts: 22
    OK owners - question for you - out and test drove the C 70 (winner for our family v EOS and BMW) - only complaint with the C70 was that at speeds over 40MPH the Drivers side dealt belt was "fluttering" on my shoulder - happened to my wife as well...not in the passenger seat however. Cant believe this is not occurring to other owners - the salesperson wrote it off as a fluke, but would annoy me if not correctable - any owners experience in having similar occurances - or was it a flukey thing?
    car driven was on 06 demo.
    Haven't bought it yet - but close - Thanks for your input!
    Yes, it happens to me, also. Only with the windows down, of course. The question that I have is whether it would go away with the windblocker accessory, which I don't have.

Cars that have the seat belt stored in the seat back itself are probably immune from this problem, but I've always thought that the seat belt built into the seat back makes the seat look funny.
  • tim2ittim2it Member Posts: 2
    Dear Lemenn,
    I too had the same difficulty with the trunk lock. I re- read the owner's manual and found that youy need to unlock the car, not the trunk to access the trunk with the key in the ignition and the car running. The trunk unlock button only works when the car is off. Go figure! The fob controls are a little counter-intutive, but when the car is running, and you want to open the trunk, just hit the unlock button and the trunk will then open with a finger on the trunk latch. Good luck. Tim
  • jecklesjeckles Member Posts: 87
    We managed to get our OSD C70 right before our July holiday weekend (on 7/3) and take it for a short weekend road trip.
    The car did great. We saw just about all types of interstate and windy back roads you could imagine, including some steep swtichback mtn roads where other people liked to drive like the English (probably just lazy). One guy almost smashed into the guardrail trying to avoid a headon with us; but he managed to pull out just in time... :sick:

The accelleration was decent. It won't drag race with a BMW, but you can certainly dart into traffic if needed. The engine had loads of torque for the big hills and tolerated low rpm boo boos quite well. It handled the twisties and s-turns solidly without protesting. The suspension is a good mix of ride versus handling. My only complaint is the nagging feeling I'm hitting the bump stops every now and then because the car is so darn heavy. I keep meaning to check the tire pressure, because it didn't feel that way in Sweden.

On the interstate, the car ran flawlessly. This is definitely a good cruising car, and with the top up possibly the quietest car I have ever owned (not counting my dad's old Caddy when I was in high school). Our navigator/MP3 player plugged into the AUX port and played music and directed us through the mountains without fail. We purchased the Sat option, but have not been motivated to activate it yet. We also haven't tried the CD changer yet either.

Trunk space was excellent. The divider worked well to help us keep things under control. We were able to pack way too much stuff and the put our "soft" suitcase and cooler in the back seat.

Top down, the car was a bit windier than our BMW was, but it was certainly well within reason. We will order the windscreen soon (to help hide stuff in the back seat as well as cut some wind.

So far the wife really loves the car, which is important since it is her daily driver. I really like the car too!

The stock steroe system is awsome, and the bass is amazing for a car without a subwoofer. We are both thrilled we did not spend the outrageous cash for the Dynaudio. The xenon headlamps are nice, as is the rear park assist. The seats are okay, but not quite a sporty as our old BMW (less side bolsters).

My only concerns/observations are below.

1. As someone else noted, the interior door pull is right where my elbow rests while driving.... OUCH!

2. I guess it doesn't matter, but I can never tell if the doors are locked during the day. At night, the locked symbol on the buttons seems to light up brighter than the unlock symbol.

3. I wish the Sat Radio would display both Artist and Song title, instead of making the user choose one or the other.

4. The wind buffeting with windows down and top down is harsher than our old BMW soft top. It is tolerable, but surprising. The wind with top down and windows up ("sissy mode") is much better than BMW. Adding the windscreen drops wind to nearly zero with windows up. Riding with windscreen up and windows down is also very comfortable. The seatbelt fluttering is only noticable occasionally when we are near big rigs on the interstates.

5. Wish at least one of the three door compartments was large enough for maps and papers larger than index cards.

6. Wish the clock was centrally located, so passengers could see it too.

7. Wish the car was about 500 lbs lighter for improved handling, fuel economy, and performance.

8. Immensely pleased with standard stereo power & sound. The bass is amazing for a car without subs!

9. A second 12V power outlet in the cabin would be really nice...

10. Really wish the RHT did not require the windows to be UP at the end of putting the top down. Just creates extra wear & tear on the window motors when I have to lower them...

All in all a fantastic vehicle! We are glad we purchased this instead of the various options. IMHO: The C70 is truly one of the best combination of features on the market. :shades:
  • bobparisbobparis Member Posts: 28
    I noticed this the first time I had the top down and the seat belts worked their way loose from under the retaining straps. Went to a home center and bought some self-adhesive felt strips that would normally go on the bottom of furniture legs etc. These strips are dense. Cut 1/2" squares and stuck them on the underside of the strap at the end. These catch and retard the seat belts from going past the end of the strap so that they cannot work themselves loose. No more flapping. Surprised that Volvo did not simply mold-in such "projections" on the strap itself.
  • dominic4dominic4 Member Posts: 4
    Jeckels - regarding #5, have you tried using the "nets" attached to the front seats (between your legs) for maps? Works for me.....

Also, I saw your other posts and while the Navi is a bit clunky, I am glad I got that option (I have a Garmin as well). Because the Volvo navi is built into the dash board, I can shut it down and leave the car with the top down without worrying about theft (the garmin would have to be stowed).

And, lastly - I did spring for the Dynaudio and am very glad I did. The stock stereo is good...but you don't know how much better the Dynaudio is until you live with it. I can hear much more separation of the instruments (which is important to me). I would agree that the subwoofer is not great and I keep it VERY low. As fir the cost and buying a home entertainment instaed...I don't see this as a choice...I just buy both :)
  • jecklesjeckles Member Posts: 87
    "As fir the cost and buying a home entertainment instaed...I don't see this as a choice...I just buy both :) "

True enough.

I'm not doubting the great sound, but the price made me doubt whether I would enjoy it a proportionate amount (compared to the stock radio). Fortunately, the stock stero system well exceeded my expectations. :)

Since it was my wife's car, she felt we should spend the money on other things... like maybe a side trip to the fjords in Norway when we picked up our car. It was hard to argue with her logic, since we love to travel. :shades:
    We originally went to Sweden and picked up our car in late November 2006- and drove it in the dark, rain, and cold. We loved every second of our adventure! But we never (for good reason) put the top down during our travel.

A while back - in June actually, I posted a notification about our retractable HD stalling. It all started with a passenger window not working in sync. This is what we discovered when we took US delivery in late January. The crazy part was, that this would happen occasionally and inconsistently. Finally the HD started stalling too. It was a problem that was hard to recreate all the time. Oh, I got the factor rep involved last May. Well it took 4 months - and my car only had 5K on it. I felt like a crazy person going into the dealership nearly weekly. Well, finally, I left the car at the dealership and said they could keep it for a month and try to recreate the problem.

As it turns out - Volvo corporate took back the car in August. Can you believe it? and my wonderful people at the dealership found a new 2007 for me. I took delivery about 10 days ago. I have a BRAND new 2007 - oh, I put my Swedish plates on it.

Volvo stands behind their product. They do NOT make the customer jump through too much paperwork or distress either. My dealership was a gem throughout the process. We did not pay a dime for the exchange. (We paid for the upgrade of new wheels)

As difficult as this situation has been for 7 months (imagine if YOUR car was behaving this way) I am here to say, that I LOVE my C70.

Oh the only thing that is different are the wheels - apparently I was told that the Euro delivery models can not have the larger wheels - oh I love the difference in performance on these. My car has it all - if I could buy it I put it on the car and I agree the extra money is worth the stereo upgrade.

We have other Volvos too and NONE of them have ever had a problem.
    Jeckles - you have good priorities...travel is more important than accumulating things / gadgets / options! I travel a lot for work & pleasure and have to say that my time in Scandanavia (Stockholm, Humlebaek, and Copenhagen) was very memorable.
  • wvgeorgewvgeorge Member Posts: 4
    I have an '06 C70 with 18 inch wheels and have cracked two wheel rims. Has anyone else had this problem? I have had no problems with the top but have had the car in a few times to attempt to fix the passenger window going up and then coming halfway down. They also have been unable to completely rid the car of the "barking dog" sound.
  • tsk1tsk1 Member Posts: 31
    We have had our 07 C70 for 17 months. No problem with the wheels. We have had ours in 4 times for: 1) the barking dog (that is still barking), and 2) the windows that go up then down during the auto return mode after opening or closing the top.. Now we have added the roof cables rattling. Otherwise the roof works great, no leaks, and we love the car!
  • aletarwaletarw Member Posts: 5
    My dealer told me they can install for approximately $2k ?
    I am in the process of purchasing the C70 and am wondering if I should get the Violvo navigation system or something aftermarket. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this?
  • tmarttmart Member Posts: 2,233
    I have no experience with the factory Nav, but you can get an excellent Garmin for a whole lot less than $2k! Plus you can take it with you.
    Aletarw,
    I have a Garmin that I like a lot, but did go with the navi on my '07 C70. The Gramin is more user friendly and cheaper, but I like to walk away from my car with the top down and not have to worry about someone swiping the Garmin and / or having to stash it in the (very small) glove box and lock it away. Plus, the C70 navi folds into the dash....so it doesn't block your view / windshield. The commands are on the steering column so it is also easier to use while you are driving than a Garmin / Nuvi. And, lastly, where it pops up in the C70 is a really good reading level for me. So, even though it was expensive and a bit hard to use at times, I am glad I got it.
    I have been shopping for an 06 or 07 with a navigation system. Can finds lots of used C70's with everything I want except a navigtion system. It made me wonder why people were not getting car with the nav system. Volvo wants $2200 for nav system and $2k to install. When I add that to the cost of a used car, I'm at $39K, but I can buy new for $43k. So it appears I will buy new.
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Anyone have any experience leasing a C70? Any pricing info to share? Thanks!
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Member Posts: 35
    I researched leasing a 2008 C70 extensively. Bottom line was that this car does not lease well at all. Volvo Financial Services does not offer a lease for this model, nor does Volvo Cars NA offer any 3rd party lease subventions. The best deal I could negotiate on a fully-loaded C70 was around $800 per month for a 36 mo/12K lease. I finally decided to lease a comparably-equipped S40, which cost about $500 per month. It is a much more cost-effective vehicle.
    I think that leasing varies by region. That's why websites like Volvo's always ask for your Zip code when you go into "build your Volvo" page. Today's local paper had an ad for Volvo that included a lease offer on the C70 that threw in a "no charge" hands free bluetooth setup. I live in the northern New Jersey area.
  • aw57aw57 Member Posts: 12
    I live in Northern New Jersey and priced out a lease of a fairly loaded C70 last week. I was quoted a lease price of well under $600 a month based on a 36/12k term. Looking at the numbers, the residual value is low, but I was given a good interest rate (through US Bank, not Volvo finance, although through the dealer), and the incentives must be so high that the price of the car is below invoice.
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Member Posts: 35
    For sure lessors offer different programs in different states. But I suspect that the primary reason that good deals, be they purchase or lease, are available on the C70 at the moment is that there is a lot more dealer inventory of these cars now than a year ago, when dealers were selling them at or close to sticker. In my area, several smaller dealers have four or five units in stock, and some of them have been on their lots for months. The largest volume dealer in my area has 13 C70s in stock! There are even some new 2007 cars still around. Unlike the S40 and V50, which were substantially improved for 2008, the C70 remained largely unchanged, save for the addition of a few options like BLIS and keyless drive. If a buyer can do without those new options, he might want to consider getting a 2007 C70 at a firesale price.
  • patient3patient3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a C70 -- it looks like there are some dealer incentives now (the Vovlo website advertises $459/month, 36 months, $3,000 at signing, 10500 miles/yr) and a local dealer has a $479/month ad (for 11,000 miles, other terms similar). Has anyone had any recent lease/purchase experience with the C70 to share? I'm also trying to a gauge if there is a lot of stock on the lots and waiting another month might be worth it.
  • irbrenda1948irbrenda1948 Member Posts: 17
    I am crazy enough to have purchased a fully loaded '08 C70 3000 miles from home which is Staten Island, NY I bought out in California as they had exactly what I wanted and no one in NJ wanted to deal any further than searching the northeast region of the US, so I took matters into my own hands. Locally, they kept trying to talk me out of packages that I really wanted.

I'm awaiting delivery and I"m very nervous about this. I need to find a reliable service department in NJ only. I won't go to Brooklyn. Anyone use Volvo Edison, Volvo Bridgewater, Smythe Volvo in Short HIlls??? Any opinions are greatly valued. My stomach is in knots at the moment. Thanks.