Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70 Owners - Meet the Members

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited March 2019 in Volvo
Introduce yourselves here.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Tagged:

Comments

• erisamanerisaman Member Posts: 99
    I'm erisaman, resident in the UK and a keen follower of the C70 forums hosted here. I'm about to purchase my very first Volvo (43 years after qualifying to drive - well, I'm working my way through the alphabet!!) and am looking forward to my newly ordered C70 T5 due for delivery in the New Year.

I have thanked the contributors to the previous forum and now look forward to further interesting and informative discussions thru the coming winter months.

Good luck to one and all - safe and happy motoring.
  • lemennlemenn Member Posts: 89
    Hi,

I am 44 years old, living in France and got my blue celestial, brown cacao leather seats and light grey interior C70 few weeks ago. I posted many pictures on the forum already. I have the D5 2.4L turbo diesel engine and summum configuration (the highest). It is my first Volvo car.

C70 D5 Summum
  • blamb3blamb3 Member Posts: 41
    I live in Wisconsin, 61 years old. My C70 should be here next week. It will be my first Volvo. Flint grey, quartz interior, manual transmission, all 3 packages offered here, and the back up warning system. Just hope the car handles well in snow, it will be my only vehicle. I like the wood trim on your car lemenn, wish it was offered here. Last time I said that I was blasted by someone else's post - in case you read the negative comments - I just want you to know that the poster is an EOS owner who entertains himself on the Volvo boards.
  • morgenthalermorgenthaler Member Posts: 19
    My C70 arrived at Port Hueneme on the 18th, and as of last night it cleared customs. I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive at the dealer hopefully next week. Mine is Celestial Blue with the off black interior. My wife and I took delivery in Goteborg on 9/6/06 and drove it for three days before returning to the ODC. Hopefully the weather will allow us to drive around with the top down for a few days before the rains set in.
    It's good to see the familiar names appearing on this new thread - and yes, we know the Eos owner to whom you refer, as long as he knows that he entertains no-one other than himself.

I too am 61 years old - what does that tell others about us - or about the Volvo C70?

Good luck with your expected delivery - I wish you many hours and many miles of good motoring.
    Hi Blamb3,

Thanks for the support about the my choice for the wood trim.
    I even did not reply to the person's critics you are mentioning, I knew he was pro EOS.

Like I said to erisaman we have a saying that says you should never talk about colors and tastes (it is too personnal).

I am sure you are impatient to receive your car.

Enjoy it.
  • jaybrd642jaybrd642 Member Posts: 3
    I have enjoyed reading this forum over the last couple of months as I await delivery in late December. I am 29 yrs old from Arlington, VA. I have ordered the Flint Grey w/ off black leather, Mirzam wheels, navigation, manual transmission. I ordered in early July so the anticipation has been buiding each day I read these posts.
  • curemecureme Member Posts: 18
    First off, thank you to everyone for all of the great discussions and information. It was invaluable when I was making my decision to purchase this car.

I've been hanging out for a while now patiently waiting for my car to arrive. Originally had an '06 reserved in the first batch my dealer was getting, but really wanted the AUX input (and figured it couldn't hurt to wait just in case there were any issues with the initial cars). After changing my mind on the color of the car three times (first silver and then red), I finally saw a Celestial Blue on the road and fell in love with the color. My Celestial Blue w/ off black leather and loaded except for navigation is supposed to arrive in port around November 30 so hopefully I'll have a nice holiday present for myself.

Keep posting the pictures - it's the highlight of my day.
    Just picked up my 07 this afternoon with Celestial Blue w/off black interior with the nav system, bluetooth, rear seat covers, and the windscreen. It took thirty seven days to get to me from Gothenburg; much quicker than advertised. It draws a lot of stares when you put the top up and down.
    Henry Ford apparently once said - "You can have any colour you want - as long as it's black!" Volvo could have saved themselves a fortune if they'd told us we could have any colour - as long as it's Celestial Blue!

You are right cureme - the pics on these forums really do make it 'real' - especially for those of us still awaiting our babies, keep 'em coming!
  • cricket4cricket4 Member Posts: 94
    35 y/o from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Have never owned a Volvo before but I ordered my '07 (black/black) back in August and expect a December delivery. Ordered with dynaudio, premium pac, bluetooth but no nav system. Have enjoyed reading the posts (find them very helpful, esp. the pics). Still have not seen a real live black on black C70, so I appreciated the photos. Can hardly wait for delivery. I've even changed my route to/from work so that I pass the dealership just to see the two '06 C70s they have on the lot (red & silver). I do like the Celestial Blue, too. I agree with erisaman, pleez keep those pics coming.
  • tom007tom007 Member Posts: 40
    I too want to thank all for the posts on this forum. It helped me with a few problems the dealer was not aware of, but fixed them immediately upon hearing of them.

This is my first VOLVO also and is the celestial blue with the Calcite creme interior. I bought it from the dealer just as it arrived by truck. It has everything except Nav,18"wheels, top audio and parking assists. It has the Geartronic transmission. When I saw it unload from truck on June 16th, I just had to have it and purchased it that day. Had to wait three days for them to service it. I really love that car.

Now for the kicker for you 61 year olds. I am 74 and have been driving for 59 years (Never in an accident) in about all the kinds of cars, but thought the law of averages may get me , so decided to get a SAFE CAR just in case. HA!

Thanks for the space provided here and by the way, I am in Virginia in Shenandoah Valley. Good luck to you in your C70s.

I find something else to like about mine just about everyday.
    "When I saw it unload from truck on June 16th, I just had to have it and purchased it that day. Had to wait three days for them to service it."

THREE WHOLE DAYS! That's sick! Wow... try 5-6 months. I'm jealous. :)
  • tombontombon Member Posts: 11
    I am 38 living in the Washington, DC area. This will be my first Volvo. I ordered the Flint Grey with Quartz interior. The car is due to roll off the ship in Baltimore on November 2, four months after placing my order.

This forum is great. I read all the posts before placing my order and check back frequently. Special thanks to Max with his timely insider information.
  • stanwictstanwict Member Posts: 60
    Just in case no one goes to the now closed discussion board I thought I'd post a picture of mine here too (like lemenn).

I'm near 3000 miles and still loving the car. I haven't been able to put the top down for two weeks now because its been cold here in the North East. They are calling for temps near 70 for tomorrow so hopefully I can get away from work for a little while and drive one more time with the top down. Just incase anyone was wondering, I'm 39.
  • johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    58 year old male from the Northeast of the USA. I would definitely not have bought this car but for the retractable hardtop. I really was not looking for a convertible.

I'm getting Stanwict's color combo with the nav, dynamo, leather and Sirius.

I think I placed my initial order and down payment in earlier July. The dealer is telling me that delivery should be 12/14-12/17. I hope I live that long.
    Crossed the State line into flatlander territory today to pick up my C70. I've only seen one C70 in person, at the Milwaukee Wi. auto show, where all cars are displayed sans batteries. I ordered my car based on internet info., these boards, and 10 minutes of seat time in the afore mentioned disabled C70. My brief, but initial impressions. Car is relatively quiet with the top up, love the headliner, dynaaudio is awesome, though from previous posts it might not have been neccesary - who knew. I am pretty convinced from a whole 45 minutes of driving that I did the right thing. I think I'm going to love this car. Tommorrow it's supposed to warm up to around 45 degrees, we call that top down weather in these parts - more later. P.S. This was only the third C70 alloted to the dealership, a fouth is coming in Dec.
  • shericifshericif Member Posts: 1
    41 year old from St. Louis, MO USA. Ordered my C70 back in June as birthday gift to myself.......they tell me it should be in by February 07. I'm hoping it will be a Christmas present instead. I loved reading everyone's messages. I don't think I've ever wanted a car more in my life. Mine will be pearl white with tan leather interior, loaded of course. I'm hoping for a warm winter day to put that top down...you know around 45 degrees or so! John your black c70 is gorgeous! Ride like the wind guy!!
  • millenrmillenr Member Posts: 28
    I got my celestial blue with calcite interior in July. Have about 3000 miles on it - about 1000 with the top down. Interesting to see the ages - I thought I might be too old at 53, I see I might just be the average.

Love the car, and always wanted a convertible but not one that looked like a real rag-top after a few years. Also wanted a safe car for those times by kids would drive. I got all of that with this car. For those afraid to drive with top down in cool weather, one trick I learned is to put the fan speed on manual instead of automatic, turn the temp up, place outlets on floor and panel, turn on the heated seats; and with all of this, you can drive in just about any temp above freezing. Well at least if you also wear a light jacket.
  • tmarttmart Member Posts: 2,241
    You are right about your cool weather driving tips. Been doing them with my '99 from day one. An added plus though is having the windblocker. It really makes a difference with the first gen. Haven't riden in a second gen, so I don't know about the wind effects. You will get some strange looks from others with the top down when the temp is in the 40's and below though. I assume they're just jealous!! :shades:
  • xtigressxxtigressx Member Posts: 1
    Hey all...

I got my C70 back in June, only because someone was crazy enough to back out of buying it. I showed up at the dealership, and 2 weeks later, my baby was home">. Black with the off black interior, and the Dynaudio. And since it seems like the theme of the evening, I bought this car for myself, for my 24th birthday. =)
  • sanjodlausanjodlau Member Posts: 4
    Hello all

First post on this forum and would like to thank all of you for sharing your C70 experiences - good or bad - with the rest of us.Treated myself in june with one of them beauties , ordered my C70 (D5) initially in blackcurrant with the quartz beige leather , but changed the color to saphire black when I finally got to see what the fruit color looked like...
    Couldn't help but add options as I went through the list and will end up with a full spec car when I FINALLY get it.
    That should be in the course of .....February '07.
    On the Belgian market , the waiting list has reached the full year I'm told so I suppose I should consider myself lucky to have only three months left to wait...
    If important I'm 33 years old , married , three kids and my other car is a Porsche...not.The family car is an XC90.

cheers and keep these C70 pictures coming :D
  • volvo_drivervolvo_driver Member Posts: 34
    Hello All,
    I'm a 37 year old in Los Angeles. I ordered my Flint Grey Metallic with Off Black Interior in October 2005 and received it mid-July 2006 (and going with the theme, I had originally thought it would have been delivered in March - closer to my birthday). Its loaded - Dynaudio, 18" wheels, nav and park asst. Prior to this vehicle I owned two V70 XC wagons - a 2000 and a 2002 - which I loved. But I had always wanted a convertible. I have had my car nearly 4 months now and am still loving it. There have been only a couple of slight irritations, but all the positives far out-weigh the very minor complaints. Since picking up my car I have only seen two others in LA which still surprises me... one about 2 months ago and another yesterday fresh with dealer tags. The car turns lots of heads... but most importantly it still turns my head too.
  • jaybrd642jaybrd642 Member Posts: 3
    I would ber very appreciative if you could post pictures of your Flint Grey C70. I have ordered the same combination and expect delivery in December.
    I've seen the Flint Grey and it looks good - you may be interested to view the pics posted by maden on the previous forum - the 'Volvo C70 2006+' forum (now read only) and check out his web site as shown on reply #719 (of 954 - I think it's on page 37/38??)

Please folks - keep posting, it's my only link with sanity at present!
    I also have a flint grey C70, quartz interior. It's gorgeous, it seems to have a slight purple tint to it. I'm working every night this week, I'll try to take some pictures and post them this weekend.
    There have been comments in the past, that the Volvo website in the States is umm, not too good. Having taken a look, I can see what was meant.

You may like to try www.volvocars.co.uk - the site is basically the same but we seem to have a few more interactive portions. Our Interactive Gallery enables you to change colours and wheels and then allows you to turn the car to view from almost any angle you want. On the right you will find a menu 'To Build' etc - but also to 'Explore the C70'. This opens a 'book' with access to mini movies ilustrating a few features - nothing major, but if you are bored or keen or desperate etc. etc.

If you want to view used cars (for price comparisons etc) I suggest a 'Postcode' (zip code) of SA11 1DP - this will give access to UK dealers and their lists of approved used C70s.

And finally - on www.youtube.com - C70 - you will find a 9.22 minute movie entitled '2006 Volvo C70 Convertible Infomercial'. This is cleverly produced and quite entertaining as well as being informative. I particularly liked the portion (about 8 minutes in) where we see the young female presenter in a somewhat different light - I won't say she is 'exposed' as such, but there's not a stitch of clothing in sight!

Not been much posting on here lately - let's get busy again!
    I agree with you on posting more. Thanks for the tips on where to search for more info... More ways to feed my addiction! I found a website (you may already know this one) at http://www.topix.net/autos/volvo which posts all Volvo articles, forums, events, etc. that hit the internet. It even references new topics started here on our discussion board. (I may be behind in the times and all of you may already know this site.)
  • jtregojtrego Member Posts: 68
    Well, its hard to post in a forum for new owners when so many of us are still waiting...patiently...sometimes not so patiently! In any case, we should have ours in January. We are up for the next allotment at our dealer. We have ordered Celestial Blue with manual trans, dynaudio, climate package, windblocker, 17 inch wheels and black leather interior. I can't wait to drive the manual trans because the test drive was with the automatic. Any out there with the manual that can make any comments?
    We also opted for the Sirius Satellite as well.
    I have had my C70 configured the same as the one you are getting for two weeks now, after taking overseas delivery of it in September. It drives like a dream. The weather has permitted driving with the top down on numerous occasions, wind blocker in place. With the windows down the drivers seat belt vibrates a fair amount, but windows up not at all. That would be my only minor complaint about the car. I can definitely relate to being patient as we saw our car being built on June 29th. Never waited for anything so long in my life. Good luck
    Very cool. How do you think driving the manual transmission is compared to the automatic?
    I have the manual transmission and you are going to find that this is a very different car then the automatic you drove and all the differences are positive: better pick up, shifts smoothly, lots more fun - you're gonna love it.
    Very smooth shifting. Having a stick shift has always been a preference of mine over automatic, especially considering control over the vehicle. Much easier to shift than my 94 Mustang convertible.
    Excellent, thanks guys. I thought the automatic had adequate pick up but not much fun. Can't wait for ours.
  • empty1empty1 Member Posts: 109
    I put my initial deposit down in Dec 2005 ..waited thru the 2006 models because I wanted sirius and ipod hook up.... saw the car yesterday at the dealer...sweet.. flint gray with off black interior... :shades:
    Good luck - been following your posts for a long time (previous thread) so I know you've been waiting for this moment. Savour it - and enjoy!
  • jeepwmnzjeepwmnz Member Posts: 12
    I have a 2006 model and received a recall notice in the mail yesterday. Has anyone taken theirs in for this recall? It addresses the climate control noise that has been driving me crazy lately. I love this car except I wish I didn't get the cream leather interior. When the top is down, it sure does get dirty. I love the top down; even drove it with the heat and heated seats on when it was 50 degrees on Thanksgiving ;) Sweet!
  • tom007tom007 Member Posts: 40
    I received the recall notice on my car. My dealer looked it up on Volvo Warranty screen for my VIN and it said I would only need the R163A which is a rain shield. They ordered it in and are going to install it on December 6th.

Someone else said the bulletin was R163 which listed A-H solutions. I will know more next week after they do mine, but they were emphatic that my C70 on warranty screen had need JUST for the rain shield (which was A). As the letter said, your vehichle may not require all of updates so may not take long. I was told mine would take an hour.

Let me know what your dealer says about yours. My C70 was delivered on June 19th.

Your dealer can look your VIN up on Volvo warranty screen and see which software etc you may need.

Hope this helps you in getting R163 taken care of.
  • grsubgrsub Member Posts: 13
    My '06 C70 was delivered on July 21 and I have not yet received a recall notice. Interesting....

When was your car delivered, jeepwmnz? if I may ask.
  • henkbwhenkbw Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

First I want to express my appreciation about this forum.
    I have followed the discussions about the new C70 right from the start and I think it is time for me to join this forum and contribute as good as possible.

I am 44 years old and live in the Netherlands.
    The reason why I bought the new C70 is the old C70. Last year I wanted to buy a new car to replace my old car, a C70 coupe. I like coupe's a lot and the old C70 in particular. I narrowed my choice between two coupe's: the Merc CLK or the Peugeot 406 Coupe.
    Around the same time, the first pictures of the new C70 appeared on the Internet. I decided to wait until I had seen the new C70 "in the flesh".
    Once I did, the choice was easy and in february I placed my order. Sadly I was not quick enough and my C70 arrived late september, at the beginning of the autumn.
    I have my car for more then 2 months now and I love it. The car hasn't been flawless, but still,...I'm loving it!!
    I will post a message in the "New Owners Report"-forum with my experiences.

And oh yes, the car...
    I have a 2.4I Kinetic (=basic) with a few extra's: automatic gearbox, "Magic Blue"-color, "Calcite Cream"-leather, "High Performance"-audio (capable of MP3 CD's and AUX input), "Sadira"-17" wheels, Xenon headlights and heated front seats.

Very nice... it looks black. It's beautiful.
    A beautiful combination, you must be very pleased.

You may be interested to know that I exchanged my Merc CLK for the C70 (mine is due for delivery soon) and I can honestly say that the Merc was a superb motor car - but absolutely soulless and without character. I have a feeling the C70 will have a little more to offer.

One quick question - a fellow owner in the US regrets specifying off white (the Calcite Cream) upholstery as it gets dirty very quickly when the roof is down. Have you found the same problem? Guess what - mine is also Calcite!
    Hi henkbw,

Welcome to the club!

I am sure you will enjoy your C70 like we do and become nuts about it like all of us.
  • henkbwhenkbw Member Posts: 22
    Hi Erisaman

I already had the feeling that the Merc CLK was "soulless". I can confirm that the C70 definitely has soul :)

About the "Calcite Cream" upholstery:
    Due to the weather, I didn't had much opportunities to drive "topless". But I disagree that the upholstery stains quickly. The only dirt I had to remove came from a passenger who had dirt (mud) on his jeans.
    But I agree that this is probably not the most "child-friendly" upholstery :)
    Hi henkbw - Thanks for the response - so my C70 will be a child free zone! (Fat chance!!)
  • johnh7johnh7 Member Posts: 67
    For those that care about this stuff, my car hit NY on 11/30. The dealer told me it arrived at their shop today. I'll probably pick it up mid week depending how my work schedule builds.
    Of course we care - so "snap!", 'cos mine arrived today also!

Unlike you, I'm picking mine up possibly before Xmas but I can't take it out on the road until January 1st.

Happy motoring.
  • tmarttmart Member Posts: 2,241
    If you get it before Christmas, why can't you take it out before Jan. 1st? :confuse:
    We (in the UK) have a registration system whereby the car will be taxed from the start of the month - in this case January 1st - and, in later years, the car will be worth considerably more as a '2007' car than as a '2006' car, even if the registration dates are merely days apart.

We can tax a new car for 1 year and two weeks - the two weeks being free - but the registration document will still show the car to be 2006. C'est la vie!
This discussion has been closed.