Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• jmkrobotjmkrobot Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I'm new to the forum thing... I'll try there.
  • sunnissunnis Member Posts: 1
    When I turned on the radio this morning, I had sound as the power antenna was going up but then no sound at all. What could be the problem?
  • rugby3rugby3 Member Posts: 2
    just bought a 97 cad De ville. what a nightmare.had head gasket leak ,told dealer within 24 hrs. they said too bad, should have bought a warranty. then after going over mgr head to owner git them to agree to splitting cost of a used engine. I went on line found 2 in Kalamazoo for $,1,700 with 75k miles on them1 in Texas for $2,300 which included shipping)with only 1700 on it. called dealer said I wanted the Texas motor, they said too bad we already started with one they bought in kazoo with 75k mile for $3100.. now 3 months latter say I need tune up for $ 550. I said why didn't you put plus and wires in filter etc when engine was on a stand and was easy to work with. for that matter why didn't they inspect plugs 4k miles ago, old eng had good plus just bad gasket could have switched then.. my question is why does caddy plugs cost $16 each. my Mercedes sl plugs are only $5 for platinums(although blogs said I should stick to $2 bosh reg plugs)would those 4 prong plat plugs I see addvertised in rd & track work better ths.?e cad plugs?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try asking in the Chrysler Cirrus discussion to see if anyone else has had this issue. The Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy discussion could help too, since it sounds like it could be a loose wire kind of problem.
    Sorry about the Caddy problems - try asking other owners for advice in the Cadillac Deville: Problems & Solutions discussion.

There's some spark plug talk in the archives you may want to browse while waiting for Caddy owners to respond to you:

Splitfire plugs

Spark plugs
  • lorddrago1lorddrago1 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the help. That gave me what I needed.
  • bmarsonbmarson Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone tried to install fog lamps in the 2007 Mirano S model?
    I wanted to install a XM Satellite turner in it and they (the dealer )told me I couldn't because the S model was not equiped with the proper wire harness. Well I took the car to my audio installer the tech went on line asked the chat room about the installation problem and wouldn't you know it, there is a connection in the rear cargo area that the tuner will plug into just like on the SE and SL models..the dealer said the fog lamps could not be installed on the S model because of some harness problem? My thought is that if the SE and SL models have the proper connections the S model should also.
    So I was wondering if anyone out there has installed the fog lamps in the Mirano S model?
  • zachgamkyzachgamky Member Posts: 1
    the steering stabilizer on my ford sticks down like a broken wing. Is there a fix for this so it is not in harms way all the time. Need more ground clearance. do not want to do a body lift with bigger tires. Thx in advance.
    Try asking in the 2007 Murano discussion.
    I'd start in the Ford F-250: Owner's Hangout, and get some advice in there.
  • oufan4oufan4 Member Posts: 3
    We purchased a 1998 Saturn coupe (80,000 miles now) for our daughter 2 years ago, was running ok (with the exception of the "check engine light" that comes on every once in a while.) But in the last year, she has had problems intermittently starting her car. There is no consistency and it doesn't matter if it is hot or cold, except it seems to happen more in the spring/summer(we live in Texas). It starts fine in the morning after sitting all night, then after school it won't start. This will happen for several days in a row, then it will be fine for weeks & months. Then it starts over again. She normally has to wait about 10 mintues then it will start.(all the electrically stuff works, radio, windows, locks, etc) Once or twice, it took longer to start. It has been to two mechanics--the first one could not find anything wrong, the second one is not sure. It only not started once for him, all other times it started right up. The second mechanic said the starter looked fine and it could be a ignition problem, but before we spend the $$$ on this...If anyone could shed some light on this, we'd appreciate. It's starting to become extremely frustrating. Also, could it be the security mode I read about on the internet? Thanks
    Try asking the other owners in the Saturn S-Series Starting Problems discussion. You may want to skim the "No Start" Problems discussion while waiting for responses.
  • tonyratnosetonyratnose Member Posts: 2
    We snapped the passenger side mirror off our 97 legacy outback. Looking for a replacement. What years mirrors fit this car? I see some from other years but don't know if they will work. Thanks, Tony
  • messie47messie47 Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I own three vehicles, a 05 subaru legacy GT, 02 Toyota Tacoma, and 01 chevy cavalier which i use to drive to work. We hardly ever drive the subaru or tacoma since my huband [a deputy] has a patrol car he drives daily. We were thinking of trading the tacoma and the subaru in on a new Tundra double cab. I can't decide what is best to do keep what we have or trade. I still owe 20k on the subaru. Yhe salesman said they'd pay it off and give us 15k for the truck, I need to figure out what's the best thing to do
    Try asking in one of the discussions in the Subaru Legacy & Outback group. Maybe the Subaru Legacy/Outback Wagons Maintenance & Repair one.
    One of the Smart Shopper discussions should help. Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories would be a good bet.
  • bflettbflett Member Posts: 2
    Not sure where to go, so I'll ask here - I have a leased 2007 PT Cruiser. Due to alot of driving on the highway, I'm over the miles allowed. I want to sell this lease, 24 months remaining. What are the chances? And if I can't, what might be the implications at the end of the lease?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sounds like a good question to post in Lease Termination Fees and other costs.
  • bob160bob160 Member Posts: 3
    engine runs perfect when timing is set at 4'B.T.C. however if you shut it off it will not start unless you rotate the distributor to 25'B.T.C. installed the following new parts cap,rotor,plugs,two distributors,timing chain and gears,coil,wires still no change.Anyone who has any ideas I would certainly appreciate a reply Thank You!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I'd suggest posting your question here:

Got a Quick Technical Question?
  • sandyatlsandyatl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey and the emission light just turned on but I want to sort of know what it MIGHT be before I take it in to have it checked. Has anyone had any issues with this or might know what it's about?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I recommend starting with Honda Odyssey Warning Lights.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jferoyjferoy Member Posts: 1
    1994 Taurus with 68,000 miles won’t down shift (seems like it’s stuck in overdrive). Starting out from a stop it seems to say in Drive or Overdrive (no pep). When commanded to 1 gear using the selector it works fine. When driving and try to accelerate it will not down shift. Any suggestions?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I would try our general Transmission Traumas discussion, or the Taurus/Sable Transmission discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• almagg1almagg1 Member Posts: 2
    excuse me for piggybacking on your message.

but how do i start a new topic?

i have not seen any new topic buttons or anything.

thanks.
    al
  • rrayw747rrayw747 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to price an 01 silhouette, I had seen somewhere that there is additional pricing info here as opposed to regular edmunds pricing. thanks, rrw
    Hi. I've sent you an e-mail with instructions

MrShiftright
    Host
    Carspace.com Forums
  • kouellettekouellette Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a "loaded" slt2 awd (worst experience of my life!) Love car!!! Dealership screwed up and didn't order some items long story but don't by from key auto group - New England.
  • peiff903peiff903 Member Posts: 1
    I need to replace the sensor on my 2003 Pontiac Aztek. Iwas wondering how to do it and if it is a do it yourself job. Location of the sensor and how difficult it may be will help. THANKS A LOT!
  • nmistrynmistry Member Posts: 1
    I have a unique property that would truly appeal to a car enthusiast want to provide exposure to this audience. The property is in Florida and comes with almost 6500SqFt of garage/workspace amongst other things. I need help/suggestions as to the best places to provide this exposure both in print and the best sites on the internet.

All help greatly appreciated.

Naresh
  • barb13barb13 Member Posts: 7
    My 25yo son was driving my 2000 Toyota (covered by Farmers) and was involved in a collision. A police report was filed for property damage only. The bumper had come off and was dragging and driver side turn signal light was busted. The other vehicle(Mercury Villager van) only had minor scratches on the rear panel near the rear wheel.
    I called Farmers immediately to file the claim and they said my son was excluded from my policy. My son is covered by Mercury and they said my car was excluded from his policy. So we are left to pay for not only damages to my car but $2,997.98 in damages to the other vehicle even tho' it suffered only a couple of minor scratches.

My son has his own car and his own insurance with Mercury and so he would only borrow my car in case of emergency. Well, his brakes had failed so that's why I let him take my car. I didn't want him to drive w/ faulty brakes.

I was with AAA for 23 years and only left them when they raised my rates for no reason. I would call the 800 number and get a different quote each time. Out of frustration, I went to Farmers and the agent got me a better quote. He also said my son could use my car and Mercury would cover it. And if I used his car Farmers would cover me.

My Farmers agent is no help. We communicated via emails and phone calls and I never told him that my son had collision coverage. He now seems to think that I did and that is why he excluded my son from my policy. This agent did send and email to the adjuster stating that if he was at fault, then Farmers should pay the claim but the adjusters office already sent a denial letter.

Allstate, the other guys insurance never even contacted me. They spoke to my son who says the other guy is at fault and Allstate claims my son is at fault. They sent the claim amount to a collection agency w/o talking to me and they want payment.

When we first bought auto insurance I was married and my husband bought it. I am a widow and don't know much about insurance so I trusted my agent to provide me with the same kind of coverage I had with AAA. Obviously, he gave me something else.

My son was able to fix somethings on my car and we took it to a garage for the rest of the repairs. But I don't see how a couple of minor scratches could result in ~$3K worth of claims from the other guys insurance.

I am afraid of getting my good credit rating ruined and also afraid that I have no choice other than to pay up.

My son was pulling out of a Kragen's parking lot and the other car came around the corner and they collided. Both claim it was the other guys fault. What should I do? We left message w/ the Allstate agent to call us so we can discuss the claim but he never called. How can I get this resolved?

I believe Farmers should pay for the repairs because of the info my insurance agent gave me. He had told me I would be covered regardless of who drove my car but he restricted my son! Now he claims that we had discussed it and it was his understanding that my son had collision insurance. When he had asked if my son had insurance I told him yes and that my son also drove his own car but I wanted him to be able to drive mine in case of emergency.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. I can't afford a license suspension or have my credit rating damaged. I always pay my premiums in full in a single payment and have never been
    late. I had thought I had pretty good coverage only to discover that I am in worse shape. What happens now that the credit collections agency has sent the subrogation notice? Can I still get Farmers to somehow pay for the damages to the other guys car?

Also, how can I get collision isurance for my son on his 1992 Corrola? Every quote so far says I need comprehensive coverage in order to get the collision.

Thank you in advance for your response.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Barb

Sorry to hear the story. You want to head to Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents and copy your story there. People in the know will give you some advice there.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • explorer95bcexplorer95bc Member Posts: 1
    I saw a speed trap and was flashing on coming traffic to slow down. Later that day I went to turn off the truck and my headlights would not turn off. The on/off switch is working properly and when I turn it on the low beam come on and I can use the high beam switch to turn them on. When I turn the switch off and shut the truck off the high beams stay on. I have taken apart the high beam switch and cleaned it and looked for a short... I can not figure this one out... can someone help please!
    That kind of flashing is illegal and we do not condone illegal behavior.

As for your light problem, check the topics in the Ford Explorer group. You may also want to try Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • steelsuprjsteelsuprj Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I've been having problems with my SVT. I'll go out in the mornings and it won't start. It cranks and cranks but won't fire. Then later in the day, or the next day, it'll start and run fine. I've had it at 2 different dealerships and they can't find anything wrong. It starts everytime for them. One dealership replaced the fuel pump just as a guess. Still had the same problem 3 days later. They've given up and I'm frustrated. Read a post about a possible solenoid problem?? Can anyone advise me? Thanks!
    You may find some help in Ford Focus SVT.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jinx65jinx65 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for information on ways to get a good deal on a car with a cash purchase (75-85% paid).
  • fspirtfspirt Member Posts: 1
    My headlights were clouded beyond belief so I bought a new pair. they have level gauges, adjustment in degrees left and right, I think I found the up/down on the topside and there are what appears to be adjustment screws coming off the back. Can anyone tell me exactly how to adjust these things?
  • missy42_missy42_ Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 certified toyota corolla. I was in an accident back in January. There was about $11,000 worth of damage and I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be worth as a trade in? :confuse: :)
    There's really no answer to that question because of all the variables. Was it professionally repaired to a high standard? Is the accident on public records (CARFAX, etc?). Are you trading to a Toyota dealer?

When you reveal the accident, people will try to grind the price---how much they can grind is really up to you and what the market will bear. There are no price guides to account for damage. The rule for cars under "salvage" title (which yours shouldn't be) is 20-40% less than retail.
    Start with the Buying Tips: How Do I Get the Best Deal? discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Head over to the Dodge Intrepid discussion, and some owners might have the answer for you.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • skibummerskibummer Member Posts: 4
    Amzoil says that there is 8 luberacation spots, anybody know where they are located?
    Got a Quick, Technical Question? would be your best bet. Or you can try a vehicle specific discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • thuanvothuanvo Member Posts: 3
    On June 10th 2007, I bought a used 06 car that has the sticker on the license plate of May 2007 from a dealer. Who is supposed to pay for the new state license (California)? The dealer or I?
    Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Try posting in our Purchasing Used Vehicles discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joyg1joyg1 Member Posts: 1
    I am having a problem with my Honda Accord Air Conditioner..the passenger side is blowing cold air and the drivers side is blowing hot air. it does this whether the dual temperature is pushed or not...I have turned the temperature knobs to it reads L0 but only one side is getting cold...any suggestions?
    Try asking in the Honda Accord Climate Control Questions discussion.
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    New car has interior vibrations that are temperature related. After driving about a half hour they disapear and begin agin the next day when starting out. Is there a forum that deals with this issue?
  • kumasikumasi Member Posts: 3
    Greetings all,
    I am very stoked right about now. I just bought my first every range rover. It's a 1993 but I feel like it's brand new. Question, I have is how do I post a new thread, you know for all us newbies to the forum asking silly questions about our new toy. I still can't believe I have a range rover. Look out George Jefferson, I'm moving on up! So
    Steve, what's the protocol?